YesNoOk

Elections reaction thread (Read 35809 times)

Started by Bob8644, November 09, 2016, 02:52:04 am
Share this topic:
Re: Elections reaction thread
#41  November 09, 2016, 12:16:52 pm
This election wasn't anti-gay, racist, sexist, or in any way hate-driven. It was anti-the political elite. It was anti-corruption, and anti-media manipulation.

The second part is right, but pandering is an effective part of all political campaigns. Just because there were valid reasons to vote Trump (and there most definitely were) doesn't suddenly mean that race signaling and other demographic lipservice isn't a central theme.

Btw the Democrats were doing it too, no one calls them out though because they're the more inclusive group. I was just as sickened hearing dumb shit like vote Hillary or you're a sexist shitbag. And Obama saying shit like blacks not voting her would be a personal insult; no Obama, you insulted everyone by betraying everyone's trust about change and political transparency. I also become ill at the sight of shitty logic like lumping all Trump supporters as hate filled, xenophobic bigots because it's a effortless deflector at talking about the real problems, and tells people that all you have to do is "believe in the right things" and throws all intellectual discussion out the window.

It's very effective too. Why talk about how shitty our foreign policy is, or how free trade exploits developing countries, decreases jobs and hurts the environment, the commoner doesn't understand that shit. But tap into their emotions about social issues (not belittling it's importance mind you, a conservative dominated House and Senate is all kinds of bad for social progression) and suddenly you have people paying attention.
Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 12:21:20 pm by Niitris
#42  November 09, 2016, 12:22:19 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
We'll see you guys hopefully without America being a burning, smoldering corpse in a couple months

Honestly, I'm kind of hoping that this is what happens at this point.  The fact that there are enough people who are stupid enough to willingly vote for a fascist blowhard like Trump pretty much proves that America has become a failed experiment.  Any country that willingly votes to be rule by hatred, racism, and fear-mongering out of protest to perceived political corruption doesn't need to exist anymore.  Just burn the whole fucking thing down.
#43  November 09, 2016, 12:37:45 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

Congratulations Donald Trump, you won.

Now don't disappoint your folk.
#44  November 09, 2016, 12:49:17 pm
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
All in all, though, I really LOVE what Stephen Colbert had to say on the election's end. I'd recommend looking it up if you haven't seen it already.

This election has been downright poisonous. Never before have so many people been so volatile and hateful concerning an election. Both candidates were garbage, more qualified two-faced garbage vs. slightly more consistent racist garbage (y'all should've went with Bernie imho), and the fear from each side resulted in what can only be described as disgusting venom.

Hopefully now that a king of the trash has been decided the nation can just sit back and damage control, rather than hating and judging one another for preferring a gun to a noose.
#45  November 09, 2016, 12:51:10 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
PSA: calling every single Drumpf voter a misogynistic racist fascist ableist meany is precisely the fucking reason the man won in the first place.

#46  November 09, 2016, 12:56:02 pm
The cruel irony is that an outcome like this is exactly what the founding fathers would want to see in Neo-England. Standing up to corrupt political practices and not letting government control everything they can get their hands on.

Would've been different if only the more progressive were allowed to vote like some people would like to have happened.
#47  November 09, 2016, 12:57:44 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
^Huffpo? Nate Silver?
#48  November 09, 2016, 01:00:44 pm
  • I´m a big fan of...THIS HAND?!
    • Spain
I really felt a big disappointment when I heard Trump won in the elections, I really don´t like his foreign policy because this could provoke a big international tension not only in the market, also in the policy and this could broke the relations between USA and EU.

The problem of the voters are they really don´t care about the hard consequences, they really wanted to expel to the illegals immigrants because they feel like these people are an "annoyance", specially the myth about "the immigrants steals their jobs", let´s remember USA is unfortunately considered one of the most racist countries of the world.
Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 01:06:04 pm by Masterhand128
#49  November 09, 2016, 01:02:35 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Anyhow, congrats to Mr. Trump for his win. I hope he likes the new job. I hear that the job of being a President is a stressful one

PSA: calling every single Drumpf voter a misogynistic racist fascist ableist meany is precisely the fucking reason the man won in the first place.

I agree that this is also a factor. I think that the toxic behavior that some Hillary supporters and perhaps the media (as I stated before) have also driven people to vote for Trump if only out of spite.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#50  November 09, 2016, 01:08:32 pm
#51  November 09, 2016, 01:13:23 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA

It's not an accusation that every person who voted for him is themselves a racist or a sexist, it's that they saw someone who very blatantly is those things and still chose to vote for him.  They saw a presidential candidate whose whole campaign was centered around disenfranchising Muslims, Hispanics, women, and LGBT citizens, who was caught on tape bragging about using his celebrity status to get away with committing sexual assault, who openly encourages violence against his political rivals, and thought to themselves "I'm okay with this.  This is acceptable for the leader of our nation."  While those voters might not openly endorse those particular views, their apathy in the face of all of it just as bad.

Just fuck this entire country.  Fuck the republicans for letting someone as toxic as Trump be their canidate, fuck the democrats for intentionally rigging the primaries against the only candidate who had a shot a beating him, and fuck the people for being too much of a bunch of gullible, apathetic cattle to stop any of this from happening.
#52  November 09, 2016, 01:19:05 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Maybe almost nobody but the lgbt community cared about it during this election. Maybe minorities are just minorities and these elections were about more important things for the majority of the Americans, like the hope to have more dollars in their bags and a better infrastructure. Maybe some were scared that an election of Clinton could mean a new confrontation, maybe even war with Russia.
#53  November 09, 2016, 01:23:23 pm
  • What's a title
  • Novice M.U.G.E.N. creator
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/rmaster007smugensite/

I'm okay with this.
Spriting is harder than I thought.
#54  November 09, 2016, 01:26:27 pm
Also, didn't Trump say he was interesting in joining with Russia in order to deal with the nuclear issue in Islam? Details about this are quite fuzzy at the moment.

Yeah he wants to work with Russia in dealing with ISIS (an American creation btw thanks to garbage foreign policies) because believe it or not, Putin has to deal with terrorists too. He's been supporting Assad which of course sounds gross on the surface, but the alternative would be Syria becoming yet another failed city-state that gives rises to radicals destabilizing the country. Which is what Hillary would've done, Obama did to Libya, and Bush Jr did to Iraq.

You can't just remove a leader and expect pieces to stay in place when dealing with a completely different culture. But it's obvious they're not doing it out of pure goodwill.
#55  November 09, 2016, 01:35:49 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Also, didn't Trump say he was interesting in joining with Russia in order to deal with the nuclear issue in Islam? Details about this are quite fuzzy at the moment.

Yeah he wants to work with Russia in dealing with ISIS (an American creation btw thanks to garbage foreign policies) because believe it or not, Putin has to deal with terrorists too. He's been supporting Assad which of course sounds gross on the surface, but the alternative would be Syria becoming yet another failed city-state that gives rises to radicals destabilizing the country. Which is what Hillary would've done, Obama did to Libya, and Bush Jr did to Iraq.

Amen that's one of the big reasons Clinton had to lose, do any of our Hillary supporters even care about this?
All I hear is how racist and sexist trump is, how about how corrupt Hillary has been during her whole political
Career? Benghazi, the Clinton foundation pay for play, deleting and lying about sending classified emails.
The Clintons are corrupt we don't need them in the white house again, trump knows
Theres corruption in dc and he wants to clean it up make America great again!
#56  November 09, 2016, 01:48:05 pm
Not catch cancer from nuclear fallout
Because you're so confident that Trump won't use nukes
remember he repeatedly asked "but why aren't we just using nukes" in that one foreign affairs briefing.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#57  November 09, 2016, 01:51:28 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
I will agree that Clinton is not a good candidate, but you don't deal with poison by switching to another poison. And at least Clinton didn't make some people feel scared of what the future awaits.
#58  November 09, 2016, 02:00:31 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
I am damn sure Clinton scared Julian Assange about what waits for him in the future. The woman asked if they couldnt just "drone" him after all.

And yes..Clinton made people think about what might happen if the USA would go to war with Russia.
#59  November 09, 2016, 02:02:40 pm
  • Wherever theres chaos, I'll be there.
I was watching multiple livestreams that lasted almost 8 hours nonstop, I was at the point where they were counting the votes in PA but I was exhausted to the point of seeing a black praying mantis with egyptian-styled human eyes standing on my computer. So I went to bed, only to wake up and hearing this about this, well... Let's say I have something that I didn't think I would use in case of this occasion.

Or if your not into anime.

To be completely honest, I was full out dreading, thinking so much that Hillary will win. I heard so much yesterday and the months leading up to it about how the elections would be / were being rigged for Hillary and how Hillary is pretty much the most corrupt candidate you can ever have. Yeah I'll admit Trump is a bit of a loud-mouthed prick, but at least he's actually genuine about how he feels and the establishment is genuinely scared of him.

That's pretty much why I haven't been very active here or why I didn't do my Remake project, I was stressed out to the point of anxiety attacks and I have to take medication. I was willing to drink booze until my liver died if Hillary won. I did not want to see a nuclear explosion near my house, or have a situation like what's going on in Europe right now, especially with Paris, Sweden & Germany where my family would get harassed and/or killed by people who have no respect for the West or the people living in it.

This definitely put my mind at ease and if I may indulge in a bit of vulgarity... (Holds up two middle fingers) Screw you Hillary and screw you Obama you lying, over-privileged, blisters in Satan's Asshole.

Now we just have to worry about Trump getting into an "accident" (Knocks on Wood).
#60  November 09, 2016, 02:04:29 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
I lay bedridden for nearly a month, my soul and health crushed under the weight of this worlds ills as well as my own, low energy. However as of this morning, by divine circumstance my vitality is restored as I bear witness to the Lord's miracle! By God's will a new savior is bestowed unto us sinful men. May he cleanse our sins by catapulting them over a BBW(big beautiful wall) and may he bare arms with Comrade Putin and together burn away ISIS in cleansing fire.

Hillary Clinton, you're fired.