YesNoOk

Blades & Samurais Project (Read 14545 times)

Started by mr_bourrepalestick, February 15, 2016, 06:43:24 pm
Re: Blades & Samurais Project
#21  November 19, 2016, 02:54:07 pm
    • France
Thanks for the palette feedback ! I'll address those you mentionned.

For Ukyo, I personnally love the character. So there is no way not to get him a spot in the future :P
How to separate them ? Special moves for sure (his air projectile & his dash-slash). As for normals, I'll have to get a bit deeper in the sprites / animation / framedata stuff.
cr.B will be different than Yumeji's for sure (so not a sliding one), maybe he'll have the cr.Jab too. Yumeji had those 2 moves too, but I prefered not using them in the process. And eventually, I'll manage to come out with a different target combo chart, making the character play different.

In the meantime, I'll have to address 4 other characters in the same fashion, with the same questions : how to make them play slightely different than existing ones etc ... wish me luck :)

btw., even if I like all of current 4 characters, Yumeji is currently my favorite one. What about you ExL ? Got a preference ? :)
- samurais, swords & stuff ? → Another Blade

ExL

#22  November 19, 2016, 03:43:05 pm
  • 1-800-SUICIDE
Hehe, I'm wishing you luck of course :thumbsup:
It happens that my favourite is same as yours for current roster :) But that's always been one of my favourites as being nice variation on Ukyo with cool moves. When Ukyo will come I'll shift to him, maybe Genjuro, I'm starting to like him more and more as of late(I'm playing his ToSix version by Duracelleur a lot).
---
Main concern in Ukyo indeed was normals for me, as he have enough material for different specials.
And about Genjuro - well, it's not that I ever disliked him, but he was like generic type, but heavy to me and I never paid much attention to him. Now I really like his charged poke(correct me if I'm wrong, he hadn't it in SamSho, but got in SvC), dashing slash and whole feeling of character.
---
Don't know who'll be new ones, but my guess is that you'll balance SamSho characters with more LB ones.
"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.
Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 04:52:52 pm by ExL
#23  November 20, 2016, 09:04:26 am
    • France
Nothing is done for the final version of the cast. I'd be mistaken if I don't include (at some moment) Genjuro, Ukyo and Jubei in a samurai FG roster. You can count on those 3 for sure. When ? Honestly, I can't tell.
As I look at them, Ukyo has such a stylish Iaido (or Iaijutsu ? ) gamestyle, Genjuro and Jubei are respectively samsho's most badass and one of the most charismatic characters ... They are what we call in french "des valeur sûre" :P .

As for LB ones, you're quite right about it. I can't tell if there will be a 50/50 balance between those 2 licences, because of potential guests. But for the starting 8, obviously it will be 4 characters from each.

Spoiler alert : the next character I'll be working on should fit (in a certain manner) a specific stage in Another Blade, a stage that has its own soundtrack ...

edit:
Sorry if it's inappropriate to ask, but could "we" (I mean you ExL and I) continue those discussions into AnotherBlade's topic in Project section ? Or should I just ask an admin to move this thread into Projects ?
It's just that I'd really love to see more people getting around, and I'm afraid the "Idea Engineering" section gives some "oh I got an idea but I'll never even start seriously working on it" kind of flavor.
Or am I just too impatient or something ?
:(
Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 09:47:26 am by mr_bourrepalestick

ExL

#24  November 20, 2016, 09:48:21 am
  • 1-800-SUICIDE
Yeah, iaido, iaijutsu is quick-draw technique, iaido is martial art around that technique iirc. Genjuro indeed is that type, very charismatic.
It's not that I'm saying "gimme 'em NOW!", but you stated Genjuro and Ukyo in opening post in roster. So even not knowing when they'll appear I'm speaking of them as of set in stone ones.

Hmm, if it is who I think it is - it's interesting character, but won't bet on him, will just wait and see :)
"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.
#25  November 20, 2016, 09:54:32 am
    • France
Hmm, if it is who I think it is - it's interesting character, but won't bet on him, will just wait and see :)
Speak your mind my friend, tell me more !  haha :D
But that's ok, I'm trying to get some kind diversity in the cast. So there are chances that all the characters won't be everyone's favorites.
It would bother me if there is a character that everyone dislikes ... unless he's a grappler, but that's another story !

ExL

#26  November 20, 2016, 10:14:58 am
  • 1-800-SUICIDE
Well, my guess is the one, who's stage have guy in tophat that caught rhythm in the background. That character also "grew" on me, at first I was avoiding playing him.

Shigen won't be a problem, he's not-so-grappler to me, giant, heavy, slow, but more heavy hitter, than grappler.
---
At least you can make him that way, if you want, he have nice moves even without grabbing.
Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 10:28:19 am by ExL
#27  November 20, 2016, 10:31:03 am
    • France
Mate, there are top hats all over the place !! You're playing too safe ! :D 
Com'on ! Gimme a name !!!

As for Shigen, we totally agree on him : he's a hard hitter in LastBlade, not a "real" grappler.
The thing I had in mind was that grapplers are often hated by many, and have very unique gameplay when playing them & against them. Many forget how threatening they can be, and just rush'm down ... and get SPD'ed  !! LMFAO :D

ExL

#28  November 20, 2016, 10:37:55 am
  • 1-800-SUICIDE
Oh, OK, I thought you don't won't to spoil it:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#29  November 20, 2016, 10:43:20 am
    • France
:D  Nice try . But nope.
Another hint : the stage definitely puts aside a Kimono wearer.

(it's ok if I spoil a bit, it's more about sharing stuff and getting others' preferences / feelings etc. )

ExL

#30  November 20, 2016, 11:38:50 am
  • 1-800-SUICIDE
Well, it's not LB then, I guess... Memory fails, but at least I narrowed it a bit, doing research...
---
Naw, I give up! :D It's either Cathedral(which is Nude Place) or Ship stage and I forgot who was there.
---
It's definitely harder than should be, guess I needed to pay attention to stages more...
Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 01:06:45 pm by ExL
#31  November 25, 2016, 01:47:42 pm
    • France
I'm locking this topic. The discussion moved into "Project" section. Join us RIGHT HERE !