YesNoOk

T_N's long and rocky road (Read 197180 times)

Started by The_None, November 15, 2015, 02:25:36 pm
Re: T_N's long and rocky road
#41  November 27, 2016, 10:35:52 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends/
Suprisingly I did this one in a single day
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Once I'll do a couple of more miscelanous animations I'd guess I may end up going to clean the around 400-ish frames I did so far. Wish me luck.
#42  November 27, 2016, 11:12:29 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
    • battlecraze.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
I wish you more luck than a four-leaf clover can offer. I've been eyeing this project for a while and I'm loving how much life Dink is showing off with these sprites.

玉と碎けよ!
Mugen Things I Did/Battle Craze!!
#43  December 05, 2016, 08:02:39 pm
Took the same shading vectors I did for the "2015" sprite from the first page (yes, I did that with those as well, thanks "Soft Light" Layer Blend Mode", and I'm especially glad I'll be able to finetune the shading with raster pixels under the same blend mode as well) and applied to the cleaned idle stance....

Now don't get me wrong, I'm in fact still in the process of cleaning the sprites (as of this post/edit I've cleaned the basic movements and every single gethit I've animated so far as well as one of the standing normals and three of the special moves. Also keep in mind I don't always manage to give my attention towards cleaning as well, silly me) but I felt like showing something off. Have a comparsion between my sprite and Balthazar's below. No doubt my own may need a bit of retouching there and there, maybe it's just me tho'.

....And come to think of it considering me going for the colored outlines maybe I should color the lines of the mouth, nose and eye outlines as well, you'd be the judge.
Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 11:00:23 pm by The_None
#44  December 05, 2016, 11:32:59 pm
    • USA
    • adam.amundson@gmail.com
Took the same shading vectors I did for the "2015" sprite from the first page (yes, I did that with those as well, thanks "Soft Light" Layer Blend Mode", and I'm especially glad I'll be able to finetune the shading with raster pixels under the same blend mode as well) and applied to the cleaned idle stance....

Now don't get me wrong, I'm in fact still in the process of cleaning the sprites (as of this post/edit I've cleaned the basic movements and every single gethit I've animated so far as well as one of the standing normals and three of the special moves. Also keep in mind I don't always manage to give my attention towards cleaning as well, silly me) but I felt like showing something off. Have a comparsion between my sprite and Balthazar's below. No doubt my own may need a bit of retouching there and there, maybe it's just me tho'.

....And come to think of it considering me going for the colored outlines maybe I should color the lines of the mouth, nose and eye outlines as well, you'd be the judge.
I like them both but if I were to choose I would personally want Balthazar's shading. It cleans up the sprite giving it a bit of a official and crisp feel to him. Kind of makes him look like he could belong to the MvC universe.
#45  December 14, 2016, 10:23:32 pm
I am well aware that my shading isn't near the level of Balthazar's, I just showed off his shading just for comparsion.

S'anyway, I actually did clean up almost everything I did the sprites for so far around four days ago and roughly coded almost everything even, thus I tried to see how I can fare with shading animations like the roundhouse normal, except.... well, speaking of not being as good as Balthazar....

Maybe it's just my inexperience with the method I'm trying to do (Which also involves a vector layer in a special soft light blending mode, altho I did in few places apply some per pixel as well) but my usual esteem gets in the way as usual when it comes to this animation. Either I should stop worrying about how I make things look and be okay with doing something really rough or I should really look for someone to shade the sprites for me as I have no idea how I'd get things done at this point.
#46  December 14, 2016, 10:49:13 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Impressive work!
Perhaps the thorax "inflation" is a little bit too extreme? IDM
I would reduce it of 2 pixels (width)

I'm really impressed by you guys making stuffs from scratch, particularly idle stance.
It can become a nighmare :D
#47  December 15, 2016, 01:30:24 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
^ To be fair, the exaggeration somewhat gives it a cartoony flair that makes it stand out, think Darkstalkers.

>>>

I fiddled around with your animation a bit, some things were a bit jumpy, like the bandana on his arm, and the top part of his torso went up a bit too much. You'll notice that I also changed the inflation of the torso to be a lil bit smaller than in terms of how wide it is. Also the chest lines were a bit all over the place so I made them a tad more uniform.

This is by far my favorite animation by you, and I think I learned a new thing today, so thanks for that.
This is a generic forum signature.
#48  December 17, 2016, 08:33:55 pm

For there I redrew shading for each frame in a separate soft light layer and.....Well, I dunno... maybe I'd find someone else to shade the sprites for me or I would just proceed on this project with no shading at all, because unless you'd be able to convince me otherwise, shading I don't think is something I can really pull off.

Have a shaded walking animation here as well

Spoiler: Here's also the crouch, some jump frames, and the butt stomp. I'd really like some feedback here, folks (click to see content)
Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 06:12:45 pm by The_None
#49  December 22, 2016, 06:07:35 pm
Have another batch of shading attempts down below due to the lack of replies.  I've decided that for now I'll shade some random animations I did (and not even entire animations thrororugh, just simply from the reverse to the point of getting to the key frame like those below) for now rather than anything in order to see for myself how I'll far with shading some of the poses, some of which ended up being more trickier than I've anticipated to the point that I really could use some help.

Given the slow and anyways incosistent rate shading everything I did animationwise so far may take quite a while, to the point that I'll say this right now that I'd be extremely lucky if I'd be able to get one half (as in, without the Slash moveset, I'll save that for the future update) of Dink ready by around late January or something.
Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 06:19:32 pm by The_None
#50  December 22, 2016, 07:18:19 pm
  • What's a title
  • Novice M.U.G.E.N. creator
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/rmaster007smugensite/
Looks awesome.
Spriting is harder than I thought.
#51  December 25, 2016, 01:10:28 am
Have some more shading

Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 11:19:27 pm by The_None
#52  January 02, 2017, 11:16:07 pm
So I come back to shading after a week and man I already have a feeling I forgot a couple of whattodoes when it comes to lightsources (mostly the lower body part on the first two frames here, and yes I went on shading the standing hard punch in reverse, from the last frame up until the hit frame and then going from the begining to the hit). Maybe it's just me not having much experience with shading from the angles I probably haven't done.
#53  January 03, 2017, 02:35:49 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#54  January 03, 2017, 03:43:59 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
His butt needs to be better lit!
#55  January 03, 2017, 07:25:43 pm
I would go back to some of the earlier frames and try fixing what I did by the time I'd be done with shading everything I've done so far (either that or I would get someone else to look over the shading and fix some weirder stuff in them), but for now....

Either I have absolutely no idea how to apply proper lightsource to his lower body down there or lineart-wise the frame is so fundamentally flawed and nobody told me something looked wrong there back when I put out the vector draft of the animation this is part of (this is the second frame of the unarmed crouching hard punch, by the way.)
#56  January 03, 2017, 10:33:45 pm
    • Netherlands
Dang those legs were pretty hard to make look good and I blame the anatomy in part.
I did some edits  to your sprite. Now don't go planning a full shading overhaul, just keep the edits in mind for later sprites ;)

'B' sprite is my edit.
I hope this helps.
#57  January 04, 2017, 06:08:29 pm

Another day, another frame that proved to be a pain in the ass to shade. In fact I was sure the stomach area would need some shadows with how Dink is supposed to be hunced in that frame but I wasn't sure how to do the shadows in a way that would look right there.

Given how many sprites are similarly tough to properly apply shading to and how many I have to do overall (as of this post I've shaded around 161 out of 358, and that's not counting few more animations I'd like to do but didn't start like a dizzy and aerial blocking but from december I went on focusing on shading), this may take a while.....
#58  January 04, 2017, 07:00:22 pm
    • Netherlands
I can't remember or recall, but when shading, you start out by filling it with the dark colors, right?
It's way more natural to 'add light' rather then 'add shadows'. Something I learned over the years!
With things like the hunched pose, it's usually fine to leave a large portion simply dark and unshaded.
Then any limbs that do catch light, pop out even more.
The shading in the sprite above looks pretty good, personally I would just get rid of the blob of light on his crotch.
#59  January 06, 2017, 12:17:48 am

And these frames that are tough to shade properly start coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming and they don't sto(...)
#60  January 06, 2017, 10:01:57 am
    • Netherlands
Well considering you think that's a hard-to-shade one, you did pretty good. The only thing that I'd personally leave out are the blobs of light on the rear foot and calf. Because the leg is in the rear and all. Also, the blob of light on his front leg's toes I'd get rid of. Unless there was a light pointing at him from the front, there shouldn't be any light catching those toes. Otherwise; totally passable shading!