YesNoOk

Hitdef with multiple attributes (Read 17296 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, March 29, 2017, 04:49:25 pm
Share this topic:
Hitdef with multiple attributes
#1  March 29, 2017, 04:49:25 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Ever wondered if you could assign multiple properties to a hitdef, but didn't want multiple hitdefs conflicting with each other each tick? Thanks to a discovery by a friend of mine, you might not need to:

DoomBowser: ...
DoomBowser: Why the hell is it possibly to assign multiple attributions to a hitdef?
DoomBowser: Elecbyte wtf
Midori: WAIT WHAT
Jenngra505: Does this mean we can make Command Normals by having it be both a Normal and a Special?
DoomBowser: No
DoomBowser: It means it's both a Normal and a Special
DoomBowser: At the same time
DoomBowser: I need to look further into this
DoomBowser: Set a character's LP to be both NA and NP
DoomBowser: The attack still interacts with counters that only counter melee attacks, but also interacts with things like Yukari's gap, which only absorbs projectiles
DoomBowser: So it's both a melee attack and a projectile at the same time
DoomBowser: But why is this possible, and for what reason?
Midori: so you can type A,SA,SP?
DoomBowser: Yes, and it would probably be both
Midori: oh damn
Midori: Question
Midori: what happens if you put a hitdef that's NA,NT and there was a NotHitBy by NT
DoomBowser: I need to double check that one
DoomBowser: The opponent gets hit
Midori: !!!!
Jenngra505: Can you have an attack that's standing, crouching and aerial all at once?
DoomBowser: By the looks of it, yes
DoomBowser: SCA,NA,NP,NT,SA,SP,ST,HA,HP,HT is completely valid for a hitdef's attr parameter
DoomBowser: What's odd is that this is an extension of what I found with that crappy Futo the other day where there's AA, AP and AT functions
DoomBowser: S,AA = Standing Normal/Special/Hyper Attack
DoomBowser: Then I just happen do find the multi-function parameter in Aperson's Robotnik
DoomBowser: Robotnik's Pissed off slap worked both against Youmu's melee counter and Yukari's gap, because the hitdef attribution is S, SA,AP
RicePigeon: can we get a gif of him using it on the gap just for lulz?
DoomBowser: Sure
DoomBowser:
DoomBowser: It's a bit of a cheaply made gif, but you get the point
RicePigeon: oh man thats fresh
RicePigeon: lol
RicePigeon: and its not even Yukari's fault this time :p
RicePigeon: assuming Doom hasnt done it already, Im gonna go post that finding about the hitdef's attr parameter on guild
RicePigeon: out of curiousity if you have an attack classed as S,SA,SP and the opponent has two different hitoverrides active, one for melee and the other for projectiles, which one takes precedence?
DoomBowser: I haven't checked that one
DoomBowser: Is there a character I can test this on? I'm not sure if I have a character like that on me
RicePigeon: none that I know of, but I can probably whip up something real quick for testing purposes
DoomBowser: Alrighty then
RicePigeon: Okay so just tested it
RicePigeon: it seems like the hitoverride with the lower slot number takes precedence
RicePigeon: tested it first with the melee override in slot 0 and projectile in slot 1, the melee override took effect
RicePigeon: reversed the slots and the projectile override occurred
RicePigeon: Imagine what kind of broken shit you can do with this discovery

The tested code in question:

Code:
[Statedef -2]
[State 0, HitOverride]
type = HitOverride
trigger1 = 1
attr = SCA,AA
slot = 1;0
stateno = 1200 ;Melee counter state
time = 1
forceair = 0
ignorehitpause = 1
[State 0, HitOverride]
type = HitOverride
trigger1 = 1
attr = SCA,AP
slot = 0;1
stateno = 1300 ;Projectile counter state
time = 1
forceair = 0
ignorehitpause = 1
Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 05:03:50 pm by Ricepigeon
Re: Hitdef with multiple attributes
#2  March 29, 2017, 05:00:29 pm
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
What the fuck.
#3  March 29, 2017, 05:12:12 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru

Oooooooooh, maaaaaaaaaaan...
That was reeeeally great piece of info. It's time to have fun!
#4  March 29, 2017, 05:19:18 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
Well then... this will be interesting.
#5  March 29, 2017, 05:21:17 pm
  • Total Annihilation
    • UK
To add additional findings, when an attack is attributed as (for example) AA (or NA,SA,HA), MUGEN will flag the win condition as defeat by Special, though there's more to it than that, as further testing implies that in addition to the Special win flag taking priority over the Hyper and Normal win flags, the Hyper win flag will take priority over the Normal win flag in the event a move is attributed as both a Normal and a Hyper; furthermore, MUGEN will prioritise the Throw win flag in the event that a move is attributed as NA,NP,NT.
#6  March 29, 2017, 05:31:51 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
To add additional findings, when an attack is attributed as (for example) AA (or NA,SA,HA), MUGEN will flag the win condition as defeat by Special, though there's more to it than that, as further testing implies that in addition to the Special win flag taking priority over the Hyper and Normal win flags, the Hyper win flag will take priority over the Normal win flag in the event a move is attributed as both a Normal and a Hyper; furthermore, MUGEN will prioritise the Throw win flag in the event that a move is attributed as NA,NP,NT.

Was this using each win flag in sequence? Because, as shown with the hitoverride example, the order of the triggers might make a big difference.
#7  March 29, 2017, 05:45:35 pm
  • Total Annihilation
    • UK
Was this using each win flag in sequence? Because, as shown with the hitoverride example, the order of the triggers might make a big difference.

It doesn't matter what way the attributions are around in the attr parameter to raise a certain win flag, it will just read off whichever one is higher priority.

NA,HA = Hyper win flag
HA,NA = Hyper win flag
NA,SA = Special win flag
SA,NA = Special win flag
HA,SA = Special win flag
SA,HA = Special win flag
NA,SA,HA = Special win flag
NA,HA,SA = Special win flag
SA,NA,HA  = Special win flag
SA,HA,NA  = Special win flag
HA,NA,SA  = Special win flag
HA,SA,NA  = Special win flag

likewise with Throws, as long as one of the attributions is NT and there are no S or H attributions, MUGEN will pull up the Throw win flag.
#8  March 29, 2017, 06:37:23 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Makes me wonder what other significant bugs hidden treasures are still waiting to be discovered

#9  March 29, 2017, 06:47:33 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
inb4 Mugen gets updated tomorrow and this doesn't work.
#10  March 29, 2017, 07:05:01 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Well one of the more immediate effects of this bug:

Normals that can beat out helper-based projectiles (and yes, thats Sakuya's hitspark on KFM instead of the projectile).

Also, assuming that the opponent has a properly coded dodge move ala King of Fighters, attr = S,NA,NT says hi.
Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 07:09:20 pm by Ricepigeon
#11  April 17, 2017, 10:56:43 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
@DoomBowser: confirmed that the above bug does not occur in the latest build of IKEMEN.