YesNoOk

Satan Z2 [Project] (Read 50514 times)

Started by Jango, April 12, 2017, 02:31:54 am
Share this topic:
Satan Z2 [Project]
#1  April 12, 2017, 02:31:54 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
OH YEAH

Hello Satanmaniacs! The Champ's Build may already be out, but work on Mr. Satan isn't finished yet! We're still hoping to improve him and polish him up a bit more for the next build, so hopefully we can keep you posted with what new developments we've got cooked up for him in this thread.

But more importantly, the moment most of you have been waiting for:

Since Mr. Satan has more than 50 palettes, I don't *think* I'll be adding too many more, but feel free to make new palettes. I might even replace some of my spottier ones with them if they're really good.

Also, if you submit a palette that me and Team Z2 will use in a future build, I have created a secret palette that only you and other contributors can add to Mr. Satan, as well as another fun aesthetic addition that only contributors will be able to see. Additionally, I will use the readme, the palette folder, and this very thread to note any such contributors, so that it is known that you alone were recognized for helping make the champ look pretty!

Well, with all that being said, let the palette-making commence! Oh and I guess if you don't want to contribute palettes, feel free to talk about Satan here as well.
Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 05:58:33 am by Jango
Re: Satan Z2 [Project]
#2  April 12, 2017, 02:38:55 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
||

Man the graphical changes are night and day. : O

Can't wait to see what you have for him. G'luck.
This is a generic forum signature.
#3  April 12, 2017, 03:02:21 am
  • "Get up, it's too early for you to be defeated!!"
    • New Zealand
    • EthanHoppe053@gmail.com
I love the idea that you're incentivizing contributors, I'll gladly whip some palettes up this week.
Hardcore Palette and Color Separation enthusiast
#4  April 12, 2017, 03:50:31 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
Mr. Satan is sooooo fun to play as, he might become my new main
so heres a Palette i whipped up real quick 

Android 17
#5  April 12, 2017, 05:17:14 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Sounds like a good incentive to get palettes out of folks.  I may do one, just to see what's in store for those who contribute.
#6  April 12, 2017, 12:05:55 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Yeah, I have to say, he's incredibly fun to play as.  :megusta: Also, he looks great and I love the hype mechanic.
#7  April 12, 2017, 04:58:50 pm
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
Nice!! I've made some palettes for him  ;D

Hope you like it!

Edit: I just subtly changed some colors.
Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 04:10:57 pm by L.E.O.N
#8  April 12, 2017, 11:58:44 pm
  • Fate's Persona
  • Words hurt more than blades.
Color pallettes,what i like to make for Z2 characters,if i can.
I have it as my personal mission to have atleast one good enough pallete to enter into the character.
No need to remove your palletes though.Is the Dan pallete i showcased good enough,or does it need to be made into this template as well? To be included,if you want to include it.

For warmup,and to also get used to the color order :mlol:
~ A swift blade makes monsters tame. ~
Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 12:07:08 am by AgentofDestiny
#9  April 13, 2017, 02:20:08 am
  • "Get up, it's too early for you to be defeated!!"
    • New Zealand
    • EthanHoppe053@gmail.com
WWE References ahead:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Hardcore Palette and Color Separation enthusiast
Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 03:19:45 am by Ethan The Human
#10  April 13, 2017, 08:17:09 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
The only thing I see as odd, is that Satan is the only one, besides Babidi, to have no EX moves in HDBZ.  Though, that can be summed up based on his attitude towards energy.
#11  April 13, 2017, 08:30:22 pm
I think he doesn't need EX move at all... He is enough powerfull in my opinion, maybe top tier in the cast !

Check that ;)
#12  April 13, 2017, 11:48:47 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
The only thing I see as odd, is that Satan is the only one, besides Babidi, to have no EX moves in HDBZ.  Though, that can be summed up based on his attitude towards energy.
What's funny is that the main reason he doesn't have EX moves is because we totally forgot about adding them! When... Balthazar, I think, noticed that we didn't have EX moves, we tried to come up with ways to make EX versions of his existing specials. Dynamite Kick in Champ Mode was originally going to be his EX Dynamite Kick, but that was the only concrete idea we could come up with for any of his specials. I didn't want to waste the anim, though, so I put it in as a Champ Mode exclusive, and when that turned out really good, we started thinking of ways to tweak his existing moves for the mode as well.

Also as was pointed out, our beta testers found that Satan is really good and that EX moves might make him even more overpowered XD

As far as the palettes go, looks great so far! Gonna keep the submissions open for a few more days, but I've already found palettes that I really like.

I won't go into detail what your reward is, but I can confirm that despite aesthetic differences, he will be completely identical gameplay-wise to the base Satan.
#13  April 14, 2017, 12:30:31 am
  • Fate's Persona
Well,i know none of mine will make the cut but i'll make them nonetheless

Here:

A comment about the template:
Screw that color order,it annoys the crap out of me :mlol:
#14  April 14, 2017, 01:55:06 am
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
Since I rarely change skintone, I decided to try something different, so I made these two:

Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 04:12:03 pm by L.E.O.N
#15  April 14, 2017, 04:40:02 am
  • Passing Through

Redid
Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 10:51:31 am by Dark Waifu
#16  April 14, 2017, 05:22:01 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
It shouldn't be, I copy-pasted it directly from Fighter Factory's palette editor into the template, and then made sure that the palette is identical to what's in the character.

The only thing I didn't include are the baseball bat colors, because due to how the palette selector is coded, having multiple color bats is currently impossible.
#17  April 14, 2017, 05:39:48 am
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
Maybe it's the color out order in the editor that's creating that impression, because all the colors displayed in the template are there.
#18  April 14, 2017, 06:01:28 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Everyone, I'd just like to apologize, because after seeing multiple complaints about the palette being wrong, turns out... you were right! The colors were there, true, but they're all out of order. I can't believe I didn't catch this earlier.

I uploaded a fixed template that should be a LOT easier to work with. Don't worry about redoing any palettes you made (unless you want to), because I'll accept that was my screw-up, and I'll do the adapting myself.

Again, apologies to everyone having an awkard time with the palettes!
#19  April 14, 2017, 11:33:19 am
  • Passing Through

#20  April 14, 2017, 01:56:58 pm
  • Fate's Persona
I remade my pals in the new template,thanks man.
Any more pals on that last color order and i would kill somebody.
Since i have the Epitaph today,i might not make anymore pals for today or even the next two days.
I'll try to make atleast one more within next week.

Here:

Lastly,what about that Dan pal? 
Do i need to make it to this template as well?