YesNoOk

Krillin Z2 official wip- download now available. (Read 186184 times)

Started by Daeron, April 12, 2017, 12:32:09 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Krillin Z2
#21  April 12, 2017, 10:45:03 pm
  • One more player.
    • Chile
    • http://k3rcy.deviantart.com/
I love it! But I can not stop thinking that the image of gohan in battle looks a little old.
#22  April 12, 2017, 11:10:55 pm
  • Fate's Persona
  • Words hurt more than blades.
Great work and nice reveal!!
He'll have the highest health because this guy died a lot :mlol:
Obviously im joking,i don't know what he'll have.
~ A swift blade makes monsters tame. ~
Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 11:59:51 pm by AgentofDestiny
#23  April 13, 2017, 12:33:24 am
    • Argentina
I see you improved a lot (Z2 style wise), Daeron! I love the sprites and what MotorRoach said is true, you should take that suggestion because it'll make Krillin look even better!

HQ

#24  April 13, 2017, 12:34:41 am
But people were already confusing the original sprites Balth and everybody were doing for Hyper Dragonball Z with Extreme Butuoden's sprites, and I feel like some people won't see him as an original take on the character.
Do you mean that ONE guy that thought so in the neogaf forum and everyone after him was wondering why?

+ I can tell you, you couldn't be more wrong about your C18 theories for the most part in the posts you made there...(but let's not get off topic about that)
#25  April 13, 2017, 12:41:28 am
  • Spriting takes so long! I'm decent at it though!
    • USA
    • nthndunham@gmail.com
Great sprites Daeron, if you could change it a bit wearing boots and a inner blue t-shirt could look better, check the pic down below, I also think this is the best looking Krillin, just my thougths.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
But people were already confusing the original sprites Balth and everybody were doing for Hyper Dragonball Z with Extreme Butuoden's sprites, and I feel like some people won't see him as an original take on the character.

Without the blue shirt he looks more like he did during the saiyan saga and it makes him stand out from the EB Krillin (which the smooth animations will already do)
Plus I kind of prefer Krillin without his blue undershirt as it fits the more dragon ball like costume designs that are being done for Tien and the unofficial yamcha character.
#26  April 13, 2017, 01:28:07 am
  • Whats a girlfriend? its something you can eat?
    • Spain
#27  April 13, 2017, 01:42:56 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
...if you could change it a bit wearing boots and a inner blue t-shirt could look better...

There's already 3 characters wearing the same outfit (Goku, SSJ Goku, and Gohan). While I do admit it's a cool design, this does a better job of giving each character their own identity, visually. It's also why I love that Yamcha is getting his original outfit instead of the Tutle-Hermit gi.

I still think Gohan needs this even more than Krillin, seeing as how he's so similar to Goku in every way except the hair (not talking about moveset/gameplay, just the general look). I'm on the side of those who mentioned at one point that he should switch to this outfit:

Great job, Daeron! Looking forward to more updates!
Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 01:46:32 am by Graphicus
#28  April 13, 2017, 01:53:06 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You can choose that costume as an alt costume for Gohan in HDBZ by pressing left on his portrait
#29  April 13, 2017, 02:45:53 am
Do you mean that ONE guy that thought so in the neogaf forum and everyone after him was wondering why?

+ I can tell you, you couldn't be more wrong about your C18 theories for the most part in the posts you made there...(but let's not get off topic about that)

Hahaha, busted. But no, I wasn't just thinking of one guy's post. A bunch of people thought the Extreme Butouden style was riffing on of the Hyper Dragonball Z style back when Extreme Butouden was first announced. There were some posts on Shonengamez as well as Mugen Fighters Guild. I think Balthazar even posted a comparison between Extreme Butouden and Supersonic Warriors, specifically cases where the former's sprites are based on the latter, to show that they weren't copying Hyper Dragonball Z.

(The C18 stance I admit I was wrong - I caught it while I was posting and figured that someone would call me on it. But I think I was right about the rest!)

Without the blue shirt he looks more like he did during the saiyan saga and it makes him stand out from the EB Krillin (which the smooth animations will already do)
Plus I kind of prefer Krillin without his blue undershirt as it fits the more dragon ball like costume designs that are being done for Tien and the unofficial yamcha character.

Yeah, I noticed those differences too, but I'm not sure other people will. I'm very much the paranoid type though; I'm probably making a mountain out of a molehill.
Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 02:54:43 am by Thammy
#30  April 13, 2017, 04:30:18 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
...if you could change it a bit wearing boots and a inner blue t-shirt could look better...

There's already 3 characters wearing the same outfit (Goku, SSJ Goku, and Gohan). While I do admit it's a cool design, this does a better job of giving each character their own identity, visually. It's also why I love that Yamcha is getting his original outfit instead of the Tutle-Hermit gi.

I still think Gohan needs this even more than Krillin, seeing as how he's so similar to Goku in every way except the hair (not talking about moveset/gameplay, just the general look). I'm on the side of those who mentioned at one point that he should switch to this outfit:

Great job, Daeron! Looking forward to more updates!
Well a fourth one won't hurt, but it seems like Daeron will just improve his sprite, it was a suggestion anyways.
#31  April 13, 2017, 09:02:50 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Great to see Krillin is being worked on. Say what you will about his strength, Dragon Ball wouldn't be the same without this little guy trying his best. Plus, more variation in body type is a good thing. Now we just need a giant musclebound freak and we'll have the full range! But I'm getting ahead of myself.

I remember this maneuver from the Saiyan saga! Nice touch.

You can choose that costume as an alt costume for Gohan in HDBZ by pressing left on his portrait

Well, almost. He's still wearing his Goku shoes.
Still my preferred way to play as Gohan though, it's pretty much there. :)
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#32  April 13, 2017, 01:17:59 pm
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
I remember there was a gif for an intro(?) in the OP, I thought it looked amazing!
#33  April 13, 2017, 04:25:47 pm
  • Where's Gohan!
    • USA
    • E_Harrington19@hotmail.com
Will Krillin have both b,f/ d,u and f,b/u,d charge cmds? Might help make somr of his moves come out faster.
#34  April 13, 2017, 05:22:38 pm
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina

I forgot about that. Weren't his boots wrong, though? Still recommend making it his default costume, though :)

(Last out of topic post, I promise)
#35  April 13, 2017, 08:15:09 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
Is he gonna have a normal Ki blast (QCF+P), or is it gonna be a Destructo Disc?  Or is Destructo Disc gonna be a super, with a Lv2 variant since that seems to be the norm with all HDBZ characters?

And a suggestion: Kamehameha Wave should just be a Lv1 super, no Lv2 variant since Gohan has only Lv2 whereas Goku has both Lv1 and Lv2, just to keep the characters more individual from one another.
#36  April 13, 2017, 11:57:23 pm
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
Kamehameha could go well as a lv 1 beam, being smaller than Gohan and Gokus Super Kamehameha, but somewhat stronger than Gokus lv 1.

Kienzan Disc (single) would go well as a lv 3 super like Vegetas Final Flash but also launchable from the air. Breaking guard and homing (not to the extremes, a slight movement in the opponents direction seems pretty fine), but very slow. In the series it did just that, and was stated to be slow asf. (Against nappa for example)

#37  April 14, 2017, 12:34:30 am
  • Whats a girlfriend? its something you can eat?
    • Spain
At the moment, Kamehamehas are planned as Air only, but where as Goku and Gohans are diagonal, Krillin will be horizontal.
#38  April 14, 2017, 02:08:29 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
#39  April 14, 2017, 03:13:41 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Is it going to be a fireball or a beam? Or both?
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#40  April 14, 2017, 03:36:32 am
  • Great Mind - Improving Skills
  • Low Level raising his power!
    • Skype - andersonscarecrow
If you guys want to use a really different design, why not Orin Temple's uniform? Krillin rarely used it, but it is a costume related to him and its quite different from the other gis

For gameplay, I think Krillin's recent appearances show him being more of a tactician than a brawler, so being a zoner fits him fine.
Especially Krillin spamming tons of Kienzans, which makes him be even more similar to a Guile type character with Sonic Booms.

I am also waiting to see how Taioken is going to play with Krillin, since even though its Tien's technique, Krillin has used it just as much throughout the series.