YesNoOk

Krillin Z2 official wip- download now available. (Read 186171 times)

Started by Daeron, April 12, 2017, 12:32:09 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Krillin Z2
#81  April 16, 2017, 09:04:22 pm
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
All Guru did was change his mentality into thinking he improved something, Krillin has no potential :) Golden Buddha is the way to go
#82  April 16, 2017, 11:07:55 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
what potential is there to unlock...?

I suggest a Z2 original, Shaolin Ultra whatever mode, Krillins head glows and he becomes fuckin Buddha
why

OK, so basically Custom Combos from SFA3?
Cool.
I mean, that would be fucking awesome.
Sometimes I wonder why no one in HDBZ has that.
I dunno where you're getting that idea, but no. Think more like Ash's Sans-culotte in KOFXIII. I mean yeah, more juggle potential but nothing on the level of custom combos (since most of the characters already juggle VERY freely in this game)
#83  April 16, 2017, 11:30:48 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
So, he'll be able to use charge commands but won't be needing to hold back/down before pressing forward/up in order to do so during "Man Up"?
#84  April 16, 2017, 11:39:47 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Well, the motion would still be the same, but there'd be no charging. So instead of holding back for 60 frames then pushing forward and punch, you'd just quickly tap back then forward and punch.

Of course as mentioned one of the other possibilities is that attack commands get outright changed, but that's something to try out when we get there.
#85  April 17, 2017, 02:16:57 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Well, the motion would still be the same, but there'd be no charging. So instead of holding back for 60 frames then pushing forward and punch, you'd just quickly tap back then forward and punch.

Of course as mentioned one of the other possibilities is that attack commands get outright changed, but that's something to try out when we get there.

That's what I meant to say, thanks for making it clearer than what I said ^..^;;;
#86  April 17, 2017, 04:30:29 am
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
Why ? Well mainly because it would be the first time in history that Krillin gets a 100% unique thing that no one in the series has and it would be hilariously fun
#87  April 17, 2017, 04:52:38 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
I'm not going to comment on how that would even work, but I'm going to put my foot down on the reasoning. HDBZ is not (repeat: NOT) going to make up new attacks/modes in an attempt to "fix" canon. We're making an homage to DBZ, not a "correction" or an "improvement."

I don't mean to sound rude, but there are a lot of misconceptions on what goes into developing a character for HDBZ, and I just want to be clear that we do try to operate within the boundaries of the manga/anime/games.
#88  April 17, 2017, 05:02:56 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
In the Budakai games, doesn't Krillin have a move called "Unlock Potential" where it makes him stronger and faster?  Is that gonna also part of "Man Up", besides Ash's/Dark Ash's Sans-culotte-based motions?
#89  April 17, 2017, 05:32:20 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
We haven't gotten there yet, but so far, no. A damage buff sounds par for the course, but I'd have to get more moves coded and try more things out before I commit to that.
#90  April 17, 2017, 08:41:55 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
#91  April 17, 2017, 08:44:53 am
  • Raging Fist
I'm not going to comment on how that would even work, but I'm going to put my foot down on the reasoning. HDBZ is not (repeat: NOT) going to make up new attacks/modes in an attempt to "fix" canon. We're making an homage to DBZ, not a "correction" or an "improvement."

I don't mean to sound rude, but there are a lot of misconceptions on what goes into developing a character for HDBZ, and I just want to be clear that we do try to operate within the boundaries of the manga/anime/games.
In all sense I can agree with you on the whole homage part. Do what you gotta do for the game, regardless of the aftermath it's gonna be fun in the end!
#92  April 17, 2017, 09:39:56 am
    • Germany
It's a skill in Dragon Ball XenoVerse. So many games I got it mixed up.

Are you sure? I think he gets Unlock Potential in the Budokai Games, and Kaioken in one of the Xenoverse games if I remember it right.
#93  April 17, 2017, 11:06:36 am
Yes, he gets unlock potential in the Budokai games. And in Shin Budokai it changed his Kamehameha attacks with Kienzan attacks. But I don't think that's what will happen in this version of the character.
What I want the most is this: :P
https://twitter.com/DNOpls/status/828975401863110656
#94  April 17, 2017, 11:17:17 am
  • Fate's Persona
  • Words hurt more than blades.
~ A swift blade makes monsters tame. ~

ZX2

#95  April 17, 2017, 07:26:00 pm
  • Bringer of Unseen Tales
  • The Finale Begins With You~
Yes, he gets unlock potential in the Budokai games. And in Shin Budokai it changed his Kamehameha attacks with Kienzan attacks. But I don't think that's what will happen in this version of the character.
What I want the most is this: :P
https://twitter.com/DNOpls/status/828975401863110656

That's freakin Amazing, the ability to do that for a short limited amount of seconds would be the coolest thing. lol but whats also the coolest thing is that Krillin reminded me of Omi from Xiaolin Showdown which is why I did a quick Palette edit.

Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 08:49:35 pm by ZX2
#96  April 18, 2017, 07:00:04 pm
  • Fate's Persona
That show.......wow it's been  some time.

Anyway,do plan to use Krillin's clone abillity at all?
You could have him make one or two and have them either planned for a move combo or something?  Like this clone will end my ground combo,like an assist.
Or and that's better,atleast in my mind do some hit combination specials,in his Emo Mode only maybe. Naruto Uzumaki style!!

That way he could be different. Have Piccolo's clones go wild,Krillin's attack combine and assist (that's quite tactical) and Tien's for Finishers.
3 ways to use in my opinion to use the Clone Technique.I quite like some Naruto style Shadow Jutsu Krillin now :mlol:
#97  April 18, 2017, 07:49:44 pm
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
Afterimage? could function as some sort of SSJ Goku like teleport. Takes a bar of ki, and you appear where ever you used it. or maybe like it does in other games and auto dodge
#98  April 18, 2017, 08:07:40 pm
  • Fate's Persona

Even though Afterimage could work to vanish off screen easily,i meant usage of Naruto style attacks.
Like showcased in this video a special attack or two (maybe Emo Mode exclusive) like Naruto's normal attacks.
It shows Krillin's tactical and creative side personality wise and could help in his charge playstyle.    And look a bit cool while doing it ;)

EDIT:Found it,watch at 1:51
It continues to show combination-like attacks and then is kind of mixed,showing Awekenings,supers and such
Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 08:16:09 pm by AgentofDestiny
#99  April 18, 2017, 09:35:14 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Guys, please refrain from attempting to brainstorm the character, we know what we are up to and we will showcase more stuff as we get it done, we cant go around revealing everything we got in store.

Cheerios.
#100  April 18, 2017, 09:48:23 pm
  • Fate's Persona
Well,it's only suggestions and conversations about the character,not really expecting any of it used to him.
Just some talk done.