YesNoOk

The Donald Trump Political MAGAthread: Justice for Floyd edition (Read 650804 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, March 22, 2017, 08:42:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Donald Trump Primetime Political Sitcom MAGAthread: You're Fired! edition
#121  May 17, 2017, 02:40:42 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I wouldn't put it past the GOP to pull the trigger on Trump themselves so they can try and spin it like they're the heroes for doing it. 

At any rate, it's looking more and more likely that it's going to be brought up, and soon.
Re: The Donald Trump Primetime Political Sitcom MAGAthread: You're Fired! edition
#122  May 17, 2017, 03:02:21 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
If the Republicans impeach Trump, regardless of how incompetent he is, they shoot themselves in the foot. The Republicans' voting base will see it as backstabbing. The christian right is dead and if establishment Republicans want to remain relevant they have to court the alt-right, and Trump is still God Emperor to them.

BTW I don't even know why the fuck do we still call it the "alt" right. It's basically the "mainstream" right now.
#123  May 17, 2017, 04:33:16 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#124  May 17, 2017, 08:35:37 am
BTW I don't even know why the fuck do we still call it the "alt" right. It's basically the "mainstream" right now.
Because they're not the Right but the Far Right, being alone doesn't change their position on this board, it actually means something. It's just that there's no Right, there's a Far Right.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#125  May 17, 2017, 09:01:49 am
  • Raging Fist
Far left or far right, if you fall under each you pretty much screwed yourself.
#126  May 17, 2017, 02:16:39 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Because they're not the Right but the Far Right, being alone doesn't change their position on this board, it actually means something. It's just that there's no Right, there's a Far Right.
The alt right isn't the far right either. Most of the people the alt right worships are demagogues with heterodox policies. Trump himself is an example: back in the Republican primaries he was almost the only candidate (along with Jeb!) who believes the rich should pay more taxes. Trump built his plataform around hatred of foreign trade. He's barely to the right of Hillary on most issues outside of immigration.
Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 02:21:27 pm by Fubs
#127  May 17, 2017, 06:50:23 pm
Trump [] was almost the only candidate [] who believes the rich should pay more taxes.
Well, maybe he said that, but I'm pretty sure he's not doing it. Being a demagogue made him say that and got him votes from people who are neither far right nor alt right, but that's definitely not a thing he's actually doing, that's not his own policy. He himself was raised and advised by the likes of Bannon and his "news" site whose name I already forgot, which is resolutely far right in everything but name. And the far right uses fake promises and demagogy to get votes from outside their circle. Nothing that Trump has actually done should make you think he's anything but far right. The "alt right" movement was born form those guys, it was never anything more than rebranding.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 06:53:47 pm by Byakko
#128  May 17, 2017, 07:40:27 pm
Fake promises.......yep he's definitely a president alright.
#129  May 17, 2017, 11:30:25 pm
Oh, right, about the impeachment / no impeachment thing, one thing I was thinking about. Trump is being briefed on highly classified intelligence regularly. Right now he's leaking it to Russia. Whatever happens, impeachment or not, whenever this bozo gets out of the White House, he'll still have a lot of info about stuff that'll still be running. So... What's your bet on how long he'll stay free when he's back to being a civilian ? Bonus question : how much damage can he do, and / or how much money can he gain from that, in the mean time.
#130  May 18, 2017, 02:14:59 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Fragile conservative snowflake needs a safe space to hide from the big bad liberal media.

President Donald Trump, amid his own swirling controversies, advised United States Coast Guard Academy graduates that while things aren't always fair, "you have to put your head down and fight, fight, fight."

The comment was a clear reference to the fact that Trump's White House is now besieged by bipartisan questions about his alleged request that former FBI Director James Comey halt an investigation into his former top national security aide.

Then, dropping the pretext even more, he bemoaned the media coverage of his presidency.  "Look at the way I have been treated lately, especially by the media," he said. "No politician in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

No president has ever been treated as bad as me, he says, forgetting about the three presidents who were murdered in office.
#131  May 18, 2017, 02:30:03 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Those guys simply got off easy with the sweet release of death!
#132  May 18, 2017, 02:46:55 pm
  • Raging Fist
There has been 4 total presidents shot down. Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley (on his second term), and Kennedy, all died for their country.
Historical fact aside, with Trump not handling his own swirling mess of chaos leads me to believe that either A) he'll just brave through it until his impeachment shows or B) something horrific might happen to make this melting pot worse. Seeing as how he gave out secrets to Russia about Israel, I would hate to see what happens what he might do if an NK nuclear warhead touches shore on US Soil (let alone our allies).
#133  May 18, 2017, 03:00:53 pm
lol kennedy died for his country.

i'm surprised that republicans aren't taking any actions to control him, dude is wrecking his own party.
#134  May 18, 2017, 03:12:22 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Trump is a plant by the democrats to ruin the republican party cred and make Hillary a president americans would rather have than him.

The clintons prepared ths all, they are playing 8d chess while you were all playing checkers and screaming to make america great again.
Touche, republicans.

OZ

#135  May 18, 2017, 08:58:39 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
lol kennedy died for his country.

i'm surprised that republicans aren't taking any actions to control him, dude is wrecking his own party.

dude, 'his' party was already beyond wrecked
trump is an opportunistic infection feeding on the compromised immune system of the republican host party
he will continue to consume their resources until they both ultimately die
ಠ_ಠ
#136  May 18, 2017, 09:33:34 pm
^ This was a big part of his appeal. You're finally starting to get it.
#137  May 18, 2017, 09:39:15 pm
Everybody already knew that the moment he opened his mouth in the primaries. Apparently you're still not getting that he's taking the rest of the country down too, including you. We don't misunderstand what you saw in him, we just think it was still fucking mental.
#138  May 18, 2017, 09:40:17 pm
Mate I'm in Canada, I'm not going down with anyone.
#139  May 18, 2017, 09:40:44 pm
Yeah, right, you keep thinking that. I didn't mean just the US, I meant the rest of the world too.
#140  May 18, 2017, 09:41:12 pm
Okay. Will do.

edit: Man you guys are taking this red scare 2.0 thing really seriously. There will be no apocalypse forthcoming, fucking hell you're melodramatic.