YesNoOk

Explosion at Manchester Arena; confirmed fatalities. (Read 9060 times)

Started by SlySuavity, May 23, 2017, 02:42:40 am
Share this topic:
Explosion at Manchester Arena; confirmed fatalities.
#1  May 23, 2017, 02:42:40 am
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/22/manchester-arena-police-explosion-ariana-grande-concert-england?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

At least 19 people were killed and more than 50 injured after reports of an explosion in the foyer area of a crowded Manchester concert hall, which left hundreds of people fleeing in terror.

Live Manchester Arena: police confirm 19 dead after explosion at Ariana Grande concert – latest updates Greater Manchester police have warned people to stay away after fatal explosion at pop concert

Police said they were dealing with a possible terror incident which happened at the Manchester Arena, with witnesses claiming to have heard an explosion around 10.40pm. It was feared last night that the death toll may be significant.

Counter-terrorism officials were assessing what caused the explosion. Investigators from the police and the domestic security service MI5 were part of the investigation.

Greater Manchester police said there were a “number of confirmed fatalities and others injured” with scores of emergency service vehicles rushing to the scene.

A concert by the American pop singer Ariana Grande was being staged at the time. Footage from inside the Manchester Arena, which has a 21,000 capacity, shows a crowd containing many young revellers.

Live feed.

This is such a terrible thing. My heart goes out to those families.
Re: Explosion at Manchester Arena; confirmed fatalities.
#2  May 23, 2017, 02:51:50 am
This is why I have a fear of areas with lots of people in one place.
#3  May 23, 2017, 03:18:57 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
This had to be a pretty well thought out terrorist attack to slip by the British authorities. They hadn't had a bombing in years.
#4  May 23, 2017, 03:37:09 pm
do they have any suspects? heard the news earlier i thought it was just a hoax.
#5  May 23, 2017, 03:44:04 pm
The guy who activated the bomb died with it, they have his name, they also arrested a 23 y.o. guy in South Manchester. They also blew up something in that guy's apartment. It seems to be going prettyt fast.
Also, 22 deaths confirmed so far, number of children not specified.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#6  May 24, 2017, 05:11:48 am
  • The Best of Both Worlds
  • SuperStar
hello.
i watched at CNN ,is very sad innocent people dies and dies and still those terrorist are walking around.

#7  May 24, 2017, 05:13:10 am
Also apparently the world is ending....great times to be born in greaaaaaaaat times.
Edit: Yeah being born during a war is likely way worst. If a war doesn't break out during this time....I think I just tempted fate.
Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 08:18:19 pm by Memes never die
#8  May 24, 2017, 06:36:02 pm
  • SNK is life
Calm down Peter.

OZ

#9  May 24, 2017, 07:57:46 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ
#10  May 24, 2017, 08:15:50 pm
#11  May 24, 2017, 08:33:24 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA

This is absolutely the worst time to be born if you don't count all the hundreds of years pre- and postnatal care may as well have not existed and polio had no cure
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#12  May 24, 2017, 11:46:15 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Here's a fun thing to do! Go on Wikipedia, look up the year you were born, and talk about bad things tha happened!

For example, I was born the same year as Black Monday, North Korean agents shooting down one of their own airliners, and the airing of the first episode of Full House.
#13  May 25, 2017, 12:04:09 am
Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 12:08:21 am by Memes never die
#14  May 25, 2017, 11:49:24 am
lol mine nothing important happened.
#15  May 25, 2017, 03:55:20 pm
Latest news are going pretty fast. The father and a brother have both been arrested along with a couple other people within a day, the father was a member of an Islamic Libyan force in the '90s, the brother is in ISIS. England is pissed at the US news for leaking details on the investigation. And just now, we learned that the suicide bomber wanted revenge for a Libyan friend who was stabbed and killed in Manchester in 2016 by a group of young people whose trial is still currently running. ... That's a change.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#16  May 25, 2017, 05:53:30 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#17  May 25, 2017, 06:20:10 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
The Brits are not mad because the Americans revealed confidential information, they're mad because they revealed what we all knew.
#18  May 25, 2017, 06:34:49 pm

classy
#19  May 25, 2017, 06:50:40 pm
People died and their reaction is "b-b-b-b-but the womens* there could of possibly are dead or hurt children and this is what they do..... idiotic trashy scum.
But then again that is to be expected of them so eh.
#20  May 25, 2017, 07:43:43 pm
  • Pixel Animator
  • "I'm done trying with you."
    • USA