YesNoOk

Screenpack/presentation idea thread (Read 249830 times)

Started by Memo, April 12, 2017, 03:35:02 am
Share this topic:
Re: Screenpack/presentation idea thread
#61  June 05, 2017, 03:49:37 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
#62  June 07, 2017, 02:32:57 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Got a layout going.

#63  June 07, 2017, 04:28:20 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
#64  June 14, 2017, 08:09:48 pm
    • USA
    • xanderyatesthenerd@gmail.com
Do you still need help with a logo and such? I can assist for anything in this aspect of the project.

Also, I just realized, will this game have a subtitle (ala the marvel crossovers, such as "Clash of the Superheroes", "Fate of Two Worlds", etc.). I always loved that, and felt it added personality to the games. I personally wish they still did that. But yeah, I'm curious as to if there will be anything like that for this installment.
#65  June 15, 2017, 01:04:04 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Do you still need help with a logo and such? I can assist for anything in this aspect of the project.

Also, I just realized, will this game have a subtitle (ala the marvel crossovers, such as "Clash of the Superheroes", "Fate of Two Worlds", etc.). I always loved that, and felt it added personality to the games. I personally wish they still did that. But yeah, I'm curious as to if there will be anything like that for this installment.

POTUS Devon hooked me up with a logo I'm not sure the page number it looks sick,
A subtitle that's something I never thought about, you have any ideas?
#66  June 17, 2017, 09:02:40 pm
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
Oh, crap, I forgot I was meant to be doing something here. :P

Working on a quick WIP of the life bars, based on that one concept someone did of improving SF5's UI. I'll probably have something up tomorrow, with improvements to come later on and also based on feedback.

EDIT: So here's what I've got so far.

I intend to make some sort of metallic effect on the lifebars and jazz up the super meter a little more. Any feedback at this stage would be appreciated!
Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 09:32:45 pm by Steel Komodo
#67  June 17, 2017, 11:03:01 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Oh, crap, I forgot I was meant to be doing something here. :P

Working on a quick WIP of the life bars, based on that one concept someone did of improving SF5's UI. I'll probably have something up tomorrow, with improvements to come later on and also based on feedback.

EDIT: So here's what I've got so far.

I intend to make some sort of metallic effect on the lifebars and jazz up the super meter a little more. Any feedback at this stage would be appreciated!

I got a suggestion, that little yellow bar you have under the life bar, can you make that the
UT attack bar, Break it down into 8 slots like the UT bar in cvtw was?
#68  June 17, 2017, 11:07:33 pm
    • UK
I got a suggestion, that little yellow bar you have under the life bar, can you make that the
UT attack bar, Break it down into 8 slots like the UT bar in cvtw was?

Noted, I'll keep that in mind!
#69  June 18, 2017, 01:58:39 pm
    • UK
Apologies for the double-post, but I think I finally got something.

A few things to remark on:
  • The weird hexagon at the start of the Super Bar is where the big number to indicate how many pips you have goes. I recycled it from a previous set of lifebars from an old project of mine, because I figured they'd look better here and I don't like just having the bar by itself.
  • The UT Bar is divided into pips instead of being a straight meter. I fear I maye have made them too small to be seen during gameplay, so if that's a legit complaint you have, then I'll do my best to change it.
  • No Super Meter or Timer font, nor big FIGHT logo just yet. I'll see what I can do about those in the future, but no promises since I'm not that great at things like that/

Any more comments and critique?
#70  June 19, 2017, 05:05:59 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
I've been debating whether to make this public considering I'm still early into the design but I'm tired and I might not be able to work on this tomorrow so:

Trying to make the custom ports as easy as possible. Also the background is animated, actually anything that looks like it should animate will.
#71  June 19, 2017, 05:23:04 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I've been debating whether to make this public considering I'm still early into the design but I'm tired and I might not be able to work on this tomorrow so:

Trying to make the custom ports as easy as possible. Also the background is animated, actually anything that looks like it should animate will.

Dude that looks awesome i can't wait for more, its cool of you make it public
#72  June 19, 2017, 05:55:43 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Well, that looks great, indeed.
But I want to remind you about Memo's desision to use MUGEN 1.0 here, which pretty much will degrade your concept because of transperent parts.
Keep it up, but also keep 1.0 in mind.

lui

#73  June 19, 2017, 06:33:13 pm
    • USA
using the rbg method its possible to make that all fit into 1.0. it's the method exshadow uses for his high-res screenpacks and stages that normally would have color reduction but the rbg method allows for all the colors to fit into 1.0 without any
#74  June 20, 2017, 01:28:43 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
Like I said, .psds will go up once my design is done and whoever does the 1.0 design be it Memo or Steel Komodo can figure out how to adapt it if they wish to go that way.
#75  June 20, 2017, 02:00:37 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Like I said, .psds will go up once my design is done and whoever does the 1.0 design be it Memo or Steel Komodo can figure out how to adapt it if they wish to go that way.

Just keep doing what your doing I love it, we will figure out the best
Route later on once you got everything ready to go
#76  June 20, 2017, 07:20:40 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Apologies for the double-post, but I think I finally got something.

A few things to remark on:
  • The weird hexagon at the start of the Super Bar is where the big number to indicate how many pips you have goes. I recycled it from a previous set of lifebars from an old project of mine, because I figured they'd look better here and I don't like just having the bar by itself.
  • The UT Bar is divided into pips instead of being a straight meter. I fear I maye have made them too small to be seen during gameplay, so if that's a legit complaint you have, then I'll do my best to change it.
  • No Super Meter or Timer font, nor big FIGHT logo just yet. I'll see what I can do about those in the future, but no promises since I'm not that great at things like that/

Any more comments and critique?

In the hexagon can you just put the letters EX and when it
Reaches 3 Max, it changes to CA instead of numbers
Like the SFV bar. I think bit would look cool displayed
Like that.

Critical Art and EX attack
#77  June 20, 2017, 07:59:05 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
I just thought of something; I could add character's critical art and ex attack commands to the versus screen ports. How do you like that idea?
#78  June 20, 2017, 08:33:08 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I just thought of something; I could add character's critical art and ex attack commands to the versus screen ports. How do you like that idea?

That would be great, I've been having a similar idea myself but that was with
The vs screen ports showing a command list as well.
#79  June 20, 2017, 01:02:38 pm
    • UK
In the hexagon can you just put the letters EX and when it
Reaches 3 Max, it changes to CA instead of numbers
Like the SFV bar. I think bit would look cool displayed
Like that.

Critical Art and EX attack

You mean something like this, right?

Also, I modified the health and damage bars to fit into the HUD properly. You probably won't notice it, because it's a very subtle change, but it's there. Also, the brighter segment is to show that part of the Super Bar flashing when a level is reached.

Looking at this now, do you guys think this fits the look the screenpack is going for? Or should I rethink this and try for something else? I'm not entirely sure that what I'm doing will gel with the hi-res look of the screenpack, but I'm no good at making Hi-Res stuff...
#80  June 20, 2017, 01:22:18 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
It's fine, don't second guess yourself you're doing a good job. Once my .psds go up you're free to edit it to fit the lifebars more if you want.

That empty box is for stage select, can either do visual stage select or normal font.