YesNoOk

Ikemen is so extremely slow (Read 25366 times)

Started by BurningSoul, June 29, 2017, 05:53:43 pm
Share this topic:
Ikemen is so extremely slow
#1  June 29, 2017, 05:53:43 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
my build of Ikemen is extremely slow,I increased game speed but its same,is it because of my computer? can I fix this problem?
Re: Ikemen is so extremely slow
#2  June 29, 2017, 05:58:17 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
Don't increase the game speed. Go to:

- SSZ folder
- Open "config.ssz" with notepad
- Go to the "const bool OpenGL = true;" and change the true to false
- Save it and restart IKEMEN

Btw to save you from posting more threads if you have questions feel free to ask in the IKEMEN discord (I saw you in one of the channels so I know you're there, lel).
#3  June 29, 2017, 06:00:40 pm
Ikemen is really badly optimized dont expect to run them huge 3d ass stages from exshadow on it with a decent FPS.
 640x480 is your best shot.
#4  June 29, 2017, 06:02:21 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Ikemen is really badly optimized dont expect to run them huge 3d ass stages from exshadow on it with a decent FPS.

To be fair, some can also lag on Mugen... some... But Ikemen has had a history of stage lag for certain dumb reasons (not all, lots of stages work fine but I don't make stages so...).
#5  June 29, 2017, 06:03:59 pm
I agree, but mugen I feel can take a bit more. I have a  good rig and was dropping frames on ikemen on not so demanding stages. This maybe me though, people using the same setup with the same stages and a similliar PC setup, and sometime worse than mine ran better for them.
#6  June 29, 2017, 06:09:03 pm
    • Puerto Rico
I agree, but mugen I feel can take a bit more. I have a  good rig and was dropping frames on ikemen on not so demanding stages. This maybe me though, people using the same setup with the same stages and a similliar PC setup, and sometime worse than mine ran better for them.

Happens. Which is why I want to learn how the stages work in IKEMEN. I have played on very busy stages and nothing happened on IKEMEN (frame wise). Then you have stages where something like a cloud moves and the frames are like less than 40. It's weird, and I can't say much cause again I never made or learned how stages work.
#7  June 29, 2017, 06:12:21 pm
I have not seen a single demanding stage made for Ikemen, so we are basicly shooting in the dark right now.
It maybe everything transparencies, or how the stage is spliced together, lets say you are splicing 500 small grids to make a stage, I think JuanBreu (sorry if misspeled) used a simiilar method and even on 1.1 that shit kills FPS.
#8  June 29, 2017, 06:15:15 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Yeah, I've seen those and how shitty the frame rate can be. I do have a stage in Revival 2 that method, but it's not 500 small grids (it's like, maybe 40 sorta medium sized grids?)

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#9  June 29, 2017, 06:18:40 pm
I legit have no clue why, maybe NoZ or Electro can shed some light on that.
#10  June 29, 2017, 06:31:27 pm
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
I only have stages and characters edited by Shiyo(Tatsu),I tried to update his Ikemen to latest version of Ikemen and add some new stuff,,does Ikemen have a limit on how much GB it can handle? Mugen 1.1 can only run up to 2GB and stops working after that,

and Rei somehow managed to run EXshadow stages if I remember right on his videos

and finally I noticed something interesting,Ikemen was slowing computer on 480p then I decided to decrease to 240p and lag completely gone,pretty weird.
Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 06:39:09 pm by mete122
#11  June 29, 2017, 09:58:08 pm
    • USA
It's all on your cpu.
Running this heavy 3D stage no problem(1280x720)  & yes all his stages no issue. Not to mention I also use reshade.
This 3D stage is heavier than all of EXshadows stages

Some obvious things to check.
-Does your PC support OpenGL(Direct X will lag undoubtedly)
-Power mode = maximum performance
-*If* you have nvidia update your drivers and control panel

Never have I had a stage issue, 1.1 stages are obviously meant for 1.1 though for example removing the lens blur from Jean's stage can fix it as an example. Sometimes you do have to tweak stages, but thats something you'd have to figure out on your own.
Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 10:08:19 pm by LeoxLion
#12  June 30, 2017, 12:42:45 am
    • Puerto Rico
Well maybe for you. At least you have a decent rig, while lots of people seem to just have lag on stages since IKEMEN can be very picky at times. I certainly don't have a potato, but I have had a few issues with some stages that are too busy (especially for the guys with 4 gb rams, r.i.p those dudes). You do have a point with Opengl checking and stuff, but yeah.
#13  June 30, 2017, 09:39:02 am
I have had issues even with less populated stages, and FX 8350, 16GBs ram and an R9 290x should eat ikemen up, but I guess not.

This PC can run any mugen stage( I think) with no issues,  but when it comes to ikemen and god forbid I have reshade on RIP FPS.

Not to mention I run my mugen on 1280x1024, getting Ikemen on that res to work with decent fps for me was a No go.
Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 09:44:53 am by PeXXeR
#14  June 30, 2017, 01:51:54 pm
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Ok so after patching Ikemen.exe with this 4GB Patch http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php and making OpenGL = true,I haven't got any lags,in fact game runs way faster than before