YesNoOk

TMNT Bebop WIP  (Read 229043 times)

Started by Dcat, April 29, 2017, 01:37:25 am
Share this topic:
Re: TMNT Bebop WIP
#41  June 13, 2017, 09:30:44 am
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
love the sprite work on him...although I think it would benefit to have his legs on the idle stance match the thickness and definition as all the other sprites and attacks...which would seem the best because that is only one sprite as opposed to changing all the other sprites to be skinny legged...And I love the new leg sprites you have made...I am only saying this because it looks a little weird to have them shrink and grow in his animations

Thanks for the tip. I've re-updated the idle and walking sprites so that Bebop's legs are more proportional, I resized him a bit too.
Here's the comparison between old and new sprite work:

Also new Walking Animation

Air Light Punch

I've sprited and coded the Bebop Butt Drop -- Standing Heavy Kick and the full Elbow Drop Recovery frames

This is just a suggestion - the basic attacks are excellent as is, but I think you should emphasize his clumsiness more often like in that wall bump.

This is kind of a crap edit so please excuse the quality... and me, if you don't agree :)

A less sure-footed Bebop, which could still be embellished much further.

For that double overhand, that's perfect if he connects but maybe make him follow through very clumsylike if he misses, as if he almost takes a head first dive into the ground as his hands go between his legs.

That's an excellent suggestion!! I'll get started on that right away. Thanks for the idea.
Stick around folks, he's coming together nicely.

#42  June 13, 2017, 12:32:11 pm
That's smooth looking and I'm liking the improvement man. Good luck.

Off topic question. I was just wondering if your sprites were open source or not. It's just a question. No other meanings.
#43  June 13, 2017, 08:59:23 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
You should adjust the shading of his belly button area for the sprite in that screenshot - looks like you clicked one time with a 10px square brush then drew a hole lol

#44  June 13, 2017, 10:03:01 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
I've sprited and coded the Bebop Butt Drop

Nice! Maybe you could add a fart & a fart cloud at random, just like in the "TMNT: Legends" game.

- in the "TMNT: Legends" game 80´s/classic Bebop does a Punch, Butt Attack, Fart combo, as seen in the vid at 2:20
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#45  June 13, 2017, 10:26:30 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
this looks great
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#46  June 30, 2017, 12:02:19 am
Hey guys, been a while since I've posted progress with Bebop.
I've been hard at work spriting a few more normal attacks for him

Standing Elbow Stomp -- this will serve as Bebop's Standing Medium Punch Bebop steps forward and thrusts his elbow at the opponent

New Crouching Heavy Punch Anim-- Bebop's Ground Bounce launcher with clumsier footing. The Ground Bounce effect works like a dream in game.
Thanks for the advice on the clumsiness factor, altoiddealer. FYI, His air heavy Kick has Bebop pratfall onto his butt if it connects on the opponent in mid-air, so you'll be falling down on the job when you're winning too. Klutz Bebop is default Bebop now.

Sprited New Jumping Frames for Bebop as well.

Air Light Kick -- standard Blunt Knee Attack

New Air Punch Anim-- I might edit this one and have Bebop use his knife here to give the character some slash effects for more hit variety

New Air Tazer Punch -- Bebop could fire off a blast as he hits the enemy with his blaster, maybe knock them back into the wall for more juggling once he lands, I dunno yet.

--------------------------
I'm getting close to having enough done hopefully for a short preview video soon. Until then I'm gonna keep grinding away at him until he's up to my standards.

Off topic question. I was just wondering if your sprites were open source or not. It's just a question. No other meanings.
Also just so everyone's aware I keep seeing requests asking about my custom MUGEN character sprites on other forums, just to let everyone who's interested know; they are ALL Open source, free to use them for your own TMNT projects. Credit my original work if you like, but go ahead and feel free to include them in your other TMNT mods or whatever, spread the word.

Special Request:

If anyone here has any audio clips of Bebop from the original 80's cartoon It'd be greatly appreciated I barely have one or 2 sounds for him so far. Or if you know of a Voice Over artist who has a similar sounding character let me know so I can check it out. I've used this method previously with including clips of DBZ's Garlic Jr. in my Krang character and of Sonic the Hedgehog in Leonardo.

Thanks guys, more coming shortly.
Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 12:05:49 am by Dcat
#47  June 30, 2017, 05:02:12 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Aw yeah, nice progress!  All looking good - that jump anim is so smooth but I think his ponytail should wiggle up/down when he comes down... or maybe fly up and wiggle left/right

#48  June 30, 2017, 05:29:34 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Man you give so much life to those sprite. Cant wait to try him out
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-

DW

#49  June 30, 2017, 05:55:36 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Looking good man. Keep it up. I look forward to seeing the progress vid.
#50  June 30, 2017, 06:52:33 am
He is looking fantastic
#51  June 30, 2017, 08:42:43 am
  • Symbiotes
    • Ukraine
    • malevka2011@yandex.ru
    • Skype - malevka2
    • deviantart.com/malevka1/gallery
He is looking fantastic  :mthumbs:

#52  July 08, 2017, 02:08:58 am
OK here's a few more:

Aerial Butt Drop - Trying to get this to behave like Super Mario's ground pound thing that he's always doing. Could also be a finisher to one of his on the ground throws like E.Honda had from Street Fighter Alpha.

Air Heavy Punch - Handclap animation replaces the Elbow Drop which is now a command normal

New Standing Light Kick - A bit clumsier and less sure footed Bebop as suggested by altoiddealer

New Crouch Kick

New Shoot Anim
  >>>

Custom Get Hit Frames pretty proud of these, more to come folks...
#53  July 08, 2017, 02:13:45 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
I love it
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#54  July 08, 2017, 02:59:06 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com

#55  July 08, 2017, 06:13:12 am
Great
#56  July 08, 2017, 04:07:39 pm
  • Symbiotes
    • Ukraine
    • malevka2011@yandex.ru
    • Skype - malevka2
    • deviantart.com/malevka1/gallery
I love it

#57  July 15, 2017, 12:53:34 am
Okay guys a few Updates with Bebop

Sprited a new small portrait

Also this new axe kick move

Improving some old animations as well
>>>

Here's Bebop's Palette Template if any of you guys wanna try your hand at making some alternate outfit choices for him

I've already got a few done for him so far:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#58  July 15, 2017, 01:51:37 am
Great work.

Here are 2 palettes from Me.

Goldar

Mario

Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 01:57:44 am by Omega
#59  July 15, 2017, 02:30:11 am
This guy looks super dope...my only thing is (I know I said it before) but maybe just a little more muscle definition on his legs for his idle/stance...it would match a little better because now when he performs his actions they get noticeably buffer...which I like just his legs in idle look smaller less defined by comparison
#60  July 16, 2017, 07:07:03 pm
  • Passing Through