YesNoOk

Let's update Kung Fu Man (Read 114960 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, January 01, 2016, 04:31:05 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Let's update Kung Fu Man
#181  March 01, 2017, 03:01:59 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yes I'll release this as a full character and replace the KFM in the MUGEN programs we host including the starter pack. I'll also add the character Training to default MUGEN and supply links to resources like fighter factory and useful areas of mfg. The only thing I'm unsure of is what to do with the hires KFM. I'll probably have to update him too but I worry how much I'll need to tweak for him. And I worry that I'll miss something that I tweaked in this one. The year downtime won't help me remember it all well :p
#182  March 01, 2017, 03:23:03 pm
    • Brazil
    • anothermkfan@gmail.com
Yes! i'll get home and try to help you by doing some edits for compatibility, i love doing this.
#183  March 05, 2017, 09:12:45 am
    • Spain
    • https://ikutronhd.wixsite.com/ikutronsite/yo
One question: Are these characters updated every time a code comes out?
#184  March 05, 2017, 12:08:43 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I don't fully understand the question.
#185  March 05, 2017, 01:00:15 pm
    • Spain
#186  March 05, 2017, 01:03:55 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Oh, yes when I release it I'll update as needed.
#187  March 05, 2017, 01:20:05 pm
    • Spain
#188  March 08, 2017, 07:06:13 am
  • Great Mind - Improving Skills
  • Low Level raising his power!
    • Skype - andersonscarecrow
Woah, just found this under Projects. Seems awesome updating KFM. I don't have anything substantial to add but the project is amazing. JNP, you're doing a incredible work.
#189  August 03, 2017, 09:24:19 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
[State 52, Assert: NoWalk]
type = AssertSpecial
trigger1 = Anim != 5
flag = NoWalk
ignoreHitPause = 1

[State 52, ChangeAnim to Turning]
type = ChangeAnim
trigger1 = ctrl && P2Dist x < 0
trigger1 = Anim != 5
value = 5

[State 52, Turn]
type = Turn
trigger1 = Anim = 5 && AnimElem = 1

Added this to jump landing state to fix an issue with landing
#190  August 04, 2017, 04:53:58 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
The normal KFM has a problem with Smash Kung Fu Upper that must be considered.

Give him 100 life (10x less) and 1000 defence (10x more)

Hit him with Smash Kung Fu Upper.

The Smash Kung will deal 86% damage due to the line fall.damage = 70 in the code.

You guys don't want this in your fixed version.

This is the most blatant bug I can remember in his codes at the moment, but I'll make sure to keep you guys aware of more issues I can find.

@Zzyzzyxx: So I was going through this thread trying to make a changelog (would have been much better had I done this as I was updating) and saw this. I looked and had never dealt with this issue. Either I forgot or I had no idea how to fix it (probably that one since I jumped on this project too soon when I was learning)

Anyway, my solution was to give the move an ID if it connects and add this to the -2
Code:
;===============continued from Smash Kung Fu Upper connecting================
;This creates an explod when P2 hits the ground if they have ID 3051
[State -2, Explod]
type = Explod
trigger1 = NumExplod(3051)<2   ;This limits the number of times the explod is created. It will only create the explod if less than 2 are alive
trigger1 = NumTarget(3051)     ;This tells it which ID the opponent should have
trigger1 = target,Pos Y >= 0
trigger1 = target,Vel Y > 0
anim = 1
ID = 3051
removetime = -1                   ;this means the explod will stay forever
ignorehitpause = 1

;this removes the above explods
[State -2, RemoveExplod]
type = RemoveExplod
trigger1 = P2MoveType != H      ;remove the explod if the opponent is no longer in a hitstate
id = 3051
ignorehitpause = 1

;This removes life from the opponent when the land after being hit by Smash Kung Fu Upper
;you will use this method instead of fall.damage because this method will scale in accordance with the opponent's defence properly
[State -2, TargetLifeAdd]
type = TargetLifeAdd
trigger1 = NumExplod(3051)=1  ;This uses the explod as the limiter. If there is 1 explod it is true
trigger1 = NumTarget(3051)
trigger1 = target,Pos Y >= 0
trigger1 = target,Vel Y > 0
value = -70                      ;this is how much life you remove from the opponent
ID = -1
kill = 1                        ;This means it can kill the opponent

I couldn't think of a way to make the lifeadd trigger only occur once while in -2. It would trigger constantly as the opponent hit the ground and bounced. So I used an explod as a limiter instead of needing to make a custom state.
#191  August 04, 2017, 06:12:11 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
I'm not fully following the issue, but P2's current life could also be stored as a Var to be used as the trigger.
Explod technique wouldn't work for that, though, because you wouldn't be able to remove the explod (Unless you don't mind Explods persisting heh)

Kung Fu Upper
Type = VarSet
trigger1 = numtarget(3051)
var(10) = target(3051),Life

State -2
Type = TargetLifeAdd
trigger1 = NumTarget(3051)
trigger1 = target(3051),Pos Y >= 0
trigger1 = target(3015),Vel Y > 0
trigger1 = var(10) = target(3051),Life
value = -70
ID = -1
kill = 1

#192  August 04, 2017, 06:25:12 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I did remove the explod though. It's in the code. Removeexplod triggers when p2 is no longer in a hit state. I prefer to save variables for other things and use explods in simple scenarios like this.

EDIT: Unless you're asking what the issue is with fall.damage in which case if the opponent sets his defense to 1000 for example and sets their life to 100 the fall.damage does not scale the damage at all. It still takes off 70 life points. TargetLifeAdd does still scale in accordance to the opponent's defence
Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 06:30:41 pm by Just No Point
#193  August 04, 2017, 07:25:36 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
I did remove the explod though. It's in the code. Removeexplod triggers when p2 is no longer in a hit state. I prefer to save variables for other things and use explods in simple scenarios like this.

EDIT: Unless you're asking what the issue is with fall.damage in which case if the opponent sets his defense to 1000 for example and sets their life to 100 the fall.damage does not scale the damage at all. It still takes off 70 life points. TargetLifeAdd does still scale in accordance to the opponent's defence
Sorry I'm really just wasting time with my comment heh

I was just proposing another way to do the same thing.  And about the Explod comment, what I meant was with my suggestion :)

Logging P2's life value at the time of impact, to check later, would not work with an Explod... well, I guess it could if it were like

type = RemoveExplod
trigger1 = numtarget(3051)
trigger1 = P2MoveType != H
id = target(3051),Life + 70 ;the sticky part with what I was suggesting
ignorehitpause = 1

#194  August 04, 2017, 07:35:29 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Ah yeah that's a good alternative. Like I said I just prefer explods for these things. We have a limited amount of vars so I'd rather teach an alternate method to store data. I feel it's better to be stingy with vars because you never know when you might need more later.