YesNoOk

TMNT Bebop WIP  (Read 229051 times)

Started by Dcat, April 29, 2017, 01:37:25 am
Share this topic:
Re: TMNT Bebop WIP
#61  July 16, 2017, 07:17:31 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
Here are 2 palettes from Me.

Goldar

Mario

Thanks for the palettes folks, keep em coming!

This guy looks super dope...my only thing is (I know I said it before) but maybe just a little more muscle definition on his legs for his idle/stance...it would match a little better because now when he performs his actions they get noticeably buffer...which I like just his legs in idle look smaller less defined by comparison

Yeah my spriting has always been pretty floaty like that sorta squashing and stretching the character around. I don't find it to be that big of an issue for me though but if its that glaring, I'll see what I can do with fixing the proportions

#62  July 16, 2017, 08:00:26 pm
  • Passing Through

#63  July 20, 2017, 03:08:07 am
Sprited a Hyper Portrait for the Beebs!

It's keeping with the sort of video game select screen style from my other TMNT characters, still a work in progress though

Still working on the chain based attack. I'm thinking it could have some properties like Yamazaki from King of Fighters for snatching opponents out of the air or linking combos if the enemy gets knocked away too far.
#64  July 21, 2017, 05:18:18 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Spoiler: Color Slot Doesn't Change Anything (click to see content)

It's unfortunate how some of the separations are... teeth colors being shared with his necklace + gun; shading on the bottom of his shoes is also, like, everywhere; The bullets on his vest shared with parts of his teeth and gun.

KABOP

Baby Piggy

BEBOP IT

Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 08:52:18 pm by altoiddealer
#65  July 22, 2017, 11:59:13 pm
nice port man

as for the sprites don't change any sprites they all look awesome...I just thought the stance sprites's legs could use a little pump and definition

and I like baby piggy pal
#66  July 23, 2017, 12:54:46 am
  • DS12's MLG storage full of poyos
    • USA
    • diamondawesomeness.wixsite.com/mugencharsandstages
Why do I get such a feeling that this character's gameplay will be the same as all of his other TMNT characters......

But in KOF style?
I like trains :]
Lol JK, I'm only gonna be stalking here, nothing much to do here anyway.
#67  July 27, 2017, 12:43:47 am
Spoiler: Color Slot Doesn't Change Anything (click to see content)

It's unfortunate how some of the separations are... teeth colors being shared with his necklace + gun; shading on the bottom of his shoes is also, like, everywhere; The bullets on his vest shared with parts of his teeth and gun.
Yeah, this is just an initial palette slate to get the ball rolling I haven't included the monster truck colors or anything else yet, just doing the basic spriting first and greater color separation will be achieved once Bebop actually has a full sff file. I appreciate the preliminary palette ideas though, lots of offerings from you guys that I never would have considered as color choices so I still welcome submissions.
Thanks for pointing out the unused color, I'll have to re-purpose that slot in the future.

Why do I get such a feeling that this character's gameplay will be the same as all of his other TMNT characters......
But in KOF style?

Well yes. He will be very similar to my other Turtles characters with 6 buttons, chain ground & air combos, a launcher, 3 supers, and 1 hyper. I gather from your tone that that's not something you'd be interested in. I admit my bias towards combo-focused gameplay comes from being raised on Capcom fighters as it was always this aspect that appealed to me as one of the more fun facets of gameplay for the fighting genre. Never really got into ArcSystem or those doujin fighters since the long attack chains seemed a bit way too over-the top though even by my standards.

That being said, This is indeed a Work In Progress and I wouldn't post on these forums if I didn't want your community input. The amount of ideas I can come up with on my own is severely limited, so outside participation with the attack brainstorming, art direction, and game-play features is vitally necessary to the final outcome. If any of you guys have any suggestions on how to diversify the moveset or an idea for a more appealing approach or application of the character's gameplay I'm definitely interested in hearing about it. Don't be shy here, lemme know what you'd like to see, I'm hungry to hear it.   :D

Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 12:49:18 am by Dcat
#68  August 22, 2017, 12:57:19 am
Okay I got some more sprites done for Bebop

Got some idling/ intro poses from some Classic Beat 'Em up thugs in Final Fight. I'll have to do a few more of these.

Frozen sprite

New Crouching Medium Punch

Belly Bump, this replaces Bebop's Standing Heavy Punch. Not sure if it should knock the opponent down or just push them back at the moment. It currently functions as a wall bounce but I'm leaning towards removing this effect so Bebop can have more grounded normal combos.

Drop Kick knocks Bebop to the ground if it connects or is blocked by the opponent

Suplex Bebop does a side switch animation to get in position behind the enemy if you hold forward direction during input.

Custom Throw this one is styled after E.Honda's throw where he bounces off of the opponent after face-palming them into the floor.

Did this one based off of Hugo's wall toss, I'll probably just add Bebop's gun back in so this can be another punch attack instead.

#69  August 22, 2017, 01:18:50 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Just flawless man, really looking forward to this one.
#70  August 22, 2017, 02:34:42 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Amazing!

#71  August 22, 2017, 03:55:07 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭

...This is beautiful~ Is like watching your favorite anime girl´s boobs.

1000/10
#72  August 22, 2017, 04:58:05 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Why not call it the "Belly Bop"?
#73  August 22, 2017, 02:41:08 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com

Just a suggestion - I think the standing one would look even better if he had his head tilted back, peering down.  You know, that other sterotypical thug look.
It's literally perfect as is, I just  think it would make an interesting variety.

#74  September 22, 2017, 05:55:02 am
    • USA
I love the Belly Bump Move idea. If you make it as a Wall Bounce attack that would be sick bro. Im liking all of Bebop's Grab Sprites
#75  September 22, 2017, 10:02:32 am
I love the Belly Bump Move idea. If you make it as a Wall Bounce attack that would be sick bro. Im liking all of Bebop's Grab Sprites

If Bebop has it, I'm sure Rocksteady will have that too, only different throw and grab moves.
#76  September 22, 2017, 02:21:59 pm
So much epicness. I love every bit of it. Great job man. Bebop will be very enjoyable to use.

Are you considering special intros with Shredder and Krang?
#77  September 24, 2017, 02:08:38 am
    • USA
DCAT, Have you ever played with O Ilusionista's Red Cyclone or Killer Croc? You should check out the VEGYS System.
#78  September 24, 2017, 03:11:30 pm
DCAT, Have you ever played with O Ilusionista's Red Cyclone or Killer Croc? You should check out the VEGYS System.

I'll have to check these out, had Red Cyclone way back when years ago along with Sonic Machine and Sevil Nathe. I've seen videos of Croc- grapple godliness!!

So much epicness. I love every bit of it. Great job man. Bebop will be very enjoyable to use.

Are you considering special intros with Shredder and Krang?

Yes I'll have to include intros but I haven't gotten started on any just yet, still doing basic moves.

Also here's a little preview of how Bebop is progressing. I was gonna include annotations but Youtube has disallowed them for reasons...
I go through Bebop's movement and standing crouching and air attacks. So far he's all normals plus the mace ball if Air HP Connects.

Bebop has a forward hop dash instead of a standard running animation, The hop dash can be used as an OTG Jump-in for HP or HK currently.

The running animation  from the games is used for his Charging Shoulder Tackle Special (QCB + Any Punch). The Shoulder Tackle is unblockable but Bebop has Blue CLSN on him so he can be hit out of it if your attack has priority of invincibility frames.

Also the opponent can dodge or jump out of the way of the Shoulder Tackle and Bebop will crash into the screen injuring himself -- Bebop only takes damage if he doesn't have an enemy to hit and this self-inflicted wall damage can kill him so gauge your Shoulder Charges wisely.

QCF + Any Punch fires a Tazer Blast
Also there's the Butt Drop Special (QCB + Any Kick).

Any suggestions on where to go from here are welcome, he's very basic at thee moment

I did a match vid against my Leonardo's AI but it's taking forever to upload, expect more later...

#79  September 24, 2017, 03:34:12 pm
  • Symbiotes
    • Ukraine
    • malevka2011@yandex.ru
    • Skype - malevka2
    • deviantart.com/malevka1/gallery
 :mthumbs: :thumbsup:

#80  September 24, 2017, 09:20:46 pm
    • USA
Bebop's stomach move reminds me of chang from KOF, and his Throw to the ground reminds me of E.Honda. i cant wait for his release!