YesNoOk

"PotS style" Demitri Maximoff (Read 54659 times)

Started by Jmorphman, November 01, 2017, 12:57:13 am
Share this topic:
Re: "PotS style" Demitri Maximoff
#41  November 05, 2017, 01:40:14 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Awesome sauce, looking forward to them nice effects update.

DGO

#42  November 06, 2017, 01:36:13 am
    • Chile
Time ago I made a little edits that could be usefull

iintro vs girls (look at the eyeborws and the flirty smile)

Also, I was going to use this as roll and dodge in a cvs2 Demitri project never completed
800, 830.
Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 02:06:25 am by DGO
#43  November 06, 2017, 01:50:55 am
Those are different, they're for the CFJ spriteset and Jmorphman is using Darkstalkers sprites.

DGO

#44  November 06, 2017, 02:09:12 am
    • Chile
oh!
#45  November 06, 2017, 12:40:40 pm
  • KATO KATO KATO KATO KATOOOOOOOOO......!!!!
Love this release, I was waiting him for long time. Hope you will improve his ES Chaos Flare's burn effect in the next update.

I have found that Demitri doesn't have shadow. Is it because Demitri is a vampire so you remove his shadow? I saw the original game, he still have his shadow.

I have removed the "Vampires cast no shadow" state to get his shadow back.

MCX

#46  November 06, 2017, 03:33:48 pm
  • Time won't wait for me
    • https://naudamaceno.carbonmade.com/
Love this release, I was waiting him for long time. Hope you will improve his ES Chaos Flare's burn effect in the next update.

I have found that Demitri doesn't have shadow. Is it because Demitri is a vampire so you remove his shadow? I saw the original game, he still have his shadow.

I have removed the "Vampires cast no shadow" state to get his shadow back.
Yes,
#47  November 06, 2017, 05:43:48 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com

iintro vs girls (look at the eyeborws and the flirty smile)

Also, I was going to use this as roll and dodge in a cvs2 Demitri project never completed
800, 830.

Nice!

I could put these to good use!
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#48  November 06, 2017, 07:29:34 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman

https://orig00.deviantart.net/934d/f/2015/026/c/7/parry_time_by_diegoloso-d8fh64n.gif https://orig00.deviantart.net/2f22/f/2015/026/9/7/parry_time_2_by_diegoloso-d8fh68t.gif https://orig00.deviantart.net/e1a3/f/2015/026/b/7/p3_by_diegoloso-d8fh6ec.gif https://orig00.deviantart.net/f858/f/2015/030/4/3/alternative_dash___run_by_diegoloso-d8g1irr.gif https://orig00.deviantart.net/5087/f/2015/030/a/0/dhp_by_diegoloso-d8fz17f.gif
https://orig00.deviantart.net/a066/f/2017/309/f/a/192_by_diegoloso-dbsvocm.gif iintro vs girls (look at the eyeborws and the flirty smile)

https://orig00.deviantart.net/4950/f/2017/309/7/e/800_by_diegoloso-dbsvm90.gif 800, https://orig00.deviantart.net/2eb0/f/2017/309/0/f/830_by_diegoloso-dbsvma4.gif 830.
As AlexSin explained, I unfortunately can't use these. Thanks for offering, though!

The actual flame animation will stay the same, but it will get hi-res'd!

also, I know Demitri has a shadow in game, but it's not like they were paying much attention to it there!

this just looks all kinds of wrong! I don't care if it incidentally shows where Demitri's vulnerable hitboxes are!!!
#49  November 06, 2017, 09:15:45 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
#50  November 10, 2017, 07:50:25 pm
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
That's because it's based on one of the unused CFJ animations (the seppuku animation, specifically). Demitri's CFJ spriteset contains almost every animation he's ever had. However stuff that CFJ doesn't actually use was not resized, it's the same as it was in Darkstalkers. That's one of the reasons I recommend using his original Darkstalkers sprites.
#51  November 11, 2017, 01:46:20 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Yea, I figured that even some frames that appear in-game (like jump ones) seem to be unchanged in the spriteset too.
#52  November 11, 2017, 05:16:37 am
  • KATO KATO KATO KATO KATOOOOOOOOO......!!!!
also, I know Demitri has a shadow in game, but it's not like they were paying much attention to it there!

this just looks all kinds of wrong! I don't care if it incidentally shows where Demitri's vulnerable hitboxes are!!!
I didn't see the shadow when he transform into bats without the No Shadow state, so I think there's no need to take the shadow away from him.

Here's my video for the vampire from Makai

New #53  November 11, 2017, 07:35:50 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 04:30:51 am by Godlike Emerie
#54  November 11, 2017, 07:39:13 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Here I thought it was that next big update.lol
#55  November 12, 2017, 03:31:48 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
this animation does seem to have the DS head/proportions - I'm almost sure of it...
One reason I'd rather use that winpose animation instead of part of his Seppuku animation is that I'm already using the later as guard break and throw escape animation; they just work better for those two cases.

I didn't see the shadow when he transform into bats without the No Shadow state, so I think there's no need to take the shadow away from him.
What I'm saying is, Capcom didn't care enough to temporarily hide Demitri's shadow during Demon Billion, so they clearly weren't giving a ton of thought as to his shadow situation in the first place. So it's OK for me to remove it! :smug:

Congratulations, Jmorphman!! I gotta ask... Who's next??
Chun-Li will get the Joe treatment, with a complete recode and everything. I plan to do the same with all my characters prior to King (or maybe Rolento, depends on whether his CvS2 data is drastically different from the SFA3 stuff I used). I'm probably not gonna do all those updates right after one another cuz I'd just get bored, so I'll probably be doing some brand new characters in there. Maybe do something like, do an update, then new character, then update, etc.
#56  November 12, 2017, 04:01:35 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
One reason I'd rather use that winpose animation instead of part of his Seppuku animation is that I'm already using the later as guard break and throw escape animation; they just work better for those two cases.
Oh, that's perfectly reasonable, I say going for variety is always the best route  - also gotta agree that pose goes better with those two mechanics.
Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 01:55:16 pm by Ndsilva
#57  November 13, 2017, 07:04:56 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
Chun-Li will get the Joe treatment, with a complete recode and everything. I plan to do the same with all my characters prior to King (or maybe Rolento, depends on whether his CvS2 data is drastically different from the SFA3 stuff I used). I'm probably not gonna do all those updates right after one another cuz I'd just get bored, so I'll probably be doing some brand new characters in there. Maybe do something like, do an update, then new character, then update, etc.

Ahh nice. This might sound a lot but can you please update Terry by CrazyKoopa or QB, make Yamazaki and update
all of your characters?

Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#58  November 13, 2017, 03:37:23 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
On the topic of the Chun-Li recoding: Capcom has actually given been Chun-Li's lightning kicks inputs to do them, will you be doing the same with your own?
#59  November 13, 2017, 11:58:46 pm
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
I've found a big bug:

When Jesuszilla's Alex does Stun Gun Headbutt on Demitri, he just lays on the ground and doesn't get up:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
He has no hitboxes, so he can't be hit out of it. This only ends after the time runs out.
If Alex wins by timeout, Demitri instantly switches to his lose animation:
If Demitri wins by timeout, then he will still lay on the ground, even after the game says he won. It's pretty comical:
#60  November 14, 2017, 06:14:09 am
  • Gimme a break!
    • USA
To add the Midnight Bliss victim death sound, The group is 9021 and the index is 0