Started by Titiln, December 08, 2017, 03:55:32 am
Share this topic:

SNT

Re: Soul Calibur VI
#21  December 08, 2017, 10:17:04 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
the trailer said:
"Just as shadows are cast where there is light, history hides away more than one truth."
To me, this sounds like a dream match game. Everyone's on the table.
#22  December 08, 2017, 10:43:40 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
The guy who leaked the game says that if they don't announce the Switch version in PSX it will be announced in the Nintendo direct in January.

SNT

#23  December 08, 2017, 04:56:27 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
History hides away more than one truth…

Soulcalibur VI represents the latest entry in the premier weapons-based, head-to-head fighting series and continues the epic struggle of warriors searching for the legendary Soul Swords. Taking place in the 16th century, revisit the events of the original Soulcalibur to uncover hidden truths. The heroic battles transpire in a beautiful and fluid world, with eye-popping graphics and visual appeal. Soulcalibur VI tunes the battle, movement, and visual systems so players can execute visceral and dynamic attacks with ease. Soulcalibur VI marks a new era of the historic franchise and its legendary struggle between the mighty Soul Swords!

Key Features

Unreal Engine – For the first time in franchise history, beautiful and jaw-dropping 3D character models, visual effects and stages rendered in Unreal Engine.
    New Battle Mechanics – Read opponents’ attacks to execute a strategic Reversal Edge to land a counter attack while in guard.
    Multiple Fighting Styles – Choose from a worldly roster of warriors, each with their own deadly weapons, fighting styles and
    visual fl are.
    Dynamic Battles – Spectacular, high-speed battles featuring all-new battle mechanics taking gameplay to the next level.

Taking place in the 16th century, revisit the events of the original Soulcalibur to uncover hidden truths
SCV was set in the 17th century. May not see the timeskip characters at all in SCVI.
#24  December 08, 2017, 05:09:40 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Nor will we see most characters post-SC since they will still be kids.
#25  December 08, 2017, 05:17:23 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I know this is still new and they've barely shown off much at all, but character customization not being a key feature is a tad bit worrying.  It was one of the main reasons for its longevity for me in IV and V.  I would certainly hope they're weren't planning on ditching it.

I was actually rather hoping that they did something akin to Devil Jin in V, in that it being the case that they can't include the actual characters like Z.W.E.I. or Viola, they would at least allow you to represent their playstyle through custom characters.  Pipe dream if they could also do that with the guest stars of past titles, just replacing the copyrighted stuff with similar knock-offs, but I really enjoyed playing as Link, Spawn, Darth Vader and Ezio, and it would be a shame if those fighting styles were just lost.
#26  December 08, 2017, 05:35:17 pm
  • Scion of the Flames
  • it aint over when you lose its over when you quit
    • Australia
    • DBZxprodigy1994@gmail.com
I doubt they'd just ditch a key feature like create a soul tbh i didn't care for Zwei even tho his wolf stand jojo looking ass fighting style was cool
#27  December 08, 2017, 05:41:46 pm
i didnt give a shit about making your own character or customizing existing ones so i wouldnt miss it
#28  December 08, 2017, 07:32:25 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
For someone whose mains kept getting removed, CAS was a godsend

Also I made an awesome Shredder
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#29  December 08, 2017, 08:16:38 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
CAS is an easy way to murder players' wallets via micro transactions, I can't see Namco ditching it (unless SCV's dlc costumes did really poor, maybe?).
#30  December 08, 2017, 09:36:21 pm
    • Germany
#31  December 08, 2017, 10:30:16 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Well, there goes my hopes of playing as talim or Yun Seong...

Maybe Zasamel Will be in this game though? Either as a previous incarnation or a younger version of his current one.

SNT

#32  December 08, 2017, 11:01:57 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Nor will we see most characters post-SC since they will still be kids.
Not so sure about all that. We can date all the games in the series by Soul Calibur 2, set in 1591. SC3 and SC4 are within months of that. The original Soul Calibur was in 1587, and Soul Edge three years before that in 1584. The only really huge timeskip is Soul Calibur V, which is seventeen years after SC2/3/4 in 1607.

So if we're assuming the new game is set in 1587, let's say if you were at least 18 by SC2/3/4, you're in with a chance of making the cut. While the younger Soul Calibur V characters are definitely out of the picture, this doesn't automatically count out Raphael (28 years old during SC1), Astaroth (wouldn't really matter how old he is), Cassandra (17, young but there have been younger), Yunseong (14, very young but not beyond the realm of possibility for a boy), Zasalamel (reincarnation nonsense), Setsuka (20) and possibly ZWEI depending on how old he is. Only ones I'd rule out from 234 would be Talim and Tira.
#33  December 08, 2017, 11:17:00 pm
Counter evidence :
as I recall, Sophitia's tits grow larger and larger with time. She's humongous in this trailer. She must be like, at least 30.
I just had to notice that while going frame by frame to stare at that nice stylish duelist parry, with Mitsurugi stepping back until he can counter, or Sophitia swinging her shield with the same timing as Mitsurugi's fast multi-stab attack. It looks really cool. I'd be amazed if they actually came up with a mechanic that really makes parries that much life-like. I'd love to see how that looks with Raphael's style. (but I'd actually want a bit less special effect explosions blocking the view from that)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 11:33:16 pm by Byakko
#34  December 08, 2017, 11:43:00 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
the trailer said:
"Just as shadows are cast where there is light, history hides away more than one truth."
To me, this sounds like a dream match game. Everyone's on the table.
To me this sounds like it's set during SC1 but in a different event not mentioned before.
#35  December 08, 2017, 11:44:17 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I'm totally fine with a reboot or remake or whatever since it means there's no danger of having to put up with Sophitia's shitty fucking kids this time around.
#36  December 09, 2017, 12:10:44 am
i didnt give a shit about making your own character or customizing existing ones so i wouldnt miss it

This. CAS was only good in 3, when it had all the CAS-exclusive styles and expanded the game.

I'm totally fine with a reboot or remake or whatever since it means there's no danger of having to put up with Sophitia's shitty fucking kids this time around.

This too.
#37  December 09, 2017, 07:01:28 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
New trailer from PSX, for those who missed the PSX livestream:
#38  December 09, 2017, 01:20:30 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
The only character I really care for returning is Zasalamel. I got Mitsurugi, which where not going anywhere, so just ol'Zas left.

Edit;

Photo on 3rd page, as this one was uploaded at Photobucket and did not work, so for convenient sake it's found there.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 11:08:17 pm by The Street Fighter
#39  December 09, 2017, 04:10:52 pm
photobucket is dead buddy , try imgur.

so no talim? sigh.
#40  December 09, 2017, 04:26:44 pm
there are two characters revealed. two. you have no idea who is or isn't going to be in the roster. stahp.