Ikemen Plus (Read 775424 times)

Started by ShinLucho, November 20, 2017, 12:45:35 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen Plus
#281  April 05, 2018, 10:05:11 pm
  • Certified Script Kiddie
  • I'm clueless lol
    • USA
also ikemen keeps running itself on background even if its closed leading to multiple ikemens running on background without me noticing up to now

I believe that's just an default IKEMEN problem. My regular IKEMEN runs in the background whenever an exception is thrown. Don't think that'll be fixed by anyone anytime soon.
Looking for additional IKEMEN/Fighter Factory programmers for a big project. PM me for details.
#282  April 22, 2018, 03:22:06 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
tried Add004  and when I switched beetween characters,I don't have control over my partner,Ai takes over
any idea how to fix it,idk,tried changing controls etc nope,
also cant get into options menu
script/main.lua:121
using normal sp that came with it by the way
#283  May 01, 2018, 08:18:14 pm
    • USA
Is there no place to set a "true" or "false" option when you disable p2 select screen faces ? I just want 1 roster in the middle of the screen for both players which is what I have, but for the second player it refuses to scroll down the roster where as only player 1 controls it.

Nvm figured it out. :)
Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 11:04:54 pm by vLdr_
#284  May 23, 2018, 12:24:05 am
  • If you rip sprites i´ll rip your code
    • Mexico
    • www.m3xweb.260mb.com
Hello i have some questions about this engine, maybe some are obvious but any information is important.

The engine itself:
1.- ikemen/go/plus is a mugen interpreter or in some way an emulator or a new engine that can be totally separated from legacy mugen?
2.- the engine itself is open source?*
3.- in the web, there is a community dedicated only to this engine like mugen or openbor?
4.- is there a way to have opengl 1.0/1.1 in the engine go languaje ?
5.- can sdl video mode be implemented using the availables libraries?
6.- webm can be an option just like plombo did in openbor?
7.- some interaction and/or merge with chronocrash/openbor?
8.- virtuatek fighter factory support someday by the exclusive options? 

Extended use:
9.- using lua scripts can i make an "adventure/openbor mode?
10.- with opengl and lua is possible primitive basic 3D?*
11.- is there a way to make a packed game/app encryption/decryption?*
12.- commercial use, fair use, hobby use?

Mugen motifs:
13.- if i port my screenpack defs from mugen directly how can i make use of ikemen exclusive configuration?
14.- for using pure ikemen lua languaje the screenpack will be deprecated in near future?
15.- is possible both static and animated portraits for all characters involved (6) in select and versus?, it seems disabled the anim0 currently

It will be funny to do an ikemen version of marvel vs capcom 2, and an original not fighter game just for challenge too; well maybe i need to ask some of those questions to the original programmer too.
There is no knowledge that is not power
--------------------------------------
My Web Site
Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 12:33:19 am by MangeX
#285  May 23, 2018, 04:11:56 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
apparently the coders left the topic?
#286  May 23, 2018, 09:31:27 pm
apparently the coders left the topic?
most questions were related to ikemen plus rather than ikemen GO plus, and the former project is no longer supported (unless someone else will be interested in continuing its development). GO version of ikemen plus will have its own topic once it's ready for release.

To be more precise I don't have any answears for following questions since they are not related to GO build, sorry:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

--------------------------

It's there any magic way to turn down volume in game than changing it in windows volume mixer?
sure, by modifying the source code to add such feature. In GO branch that would be stuff related to go-vorbis and go-openal packages bindings. Don't count on me adding volume setting since things like sound mixing, frequencies etc. is black magic to me. Maybe shinlucho will be able to implement it at some point since he experimented with it before.
1.- ikemen/go/plus is a mugen interpreter or in some way an emulator or a new engine that can be totally separated from legacy mugen?
completely new engine that supports most of the mugen file types
2.- the engine itself is open source?*
yes
3.- in the web, there is a community dedicated only to this engine like mugen or openbor?
in English community pretty much this forum section in MFG and this discord channel: https://discordapp.com/channels/233345562261323776/282927929548210177
4.- is there a way to have opengl 1.0/1.1 in the engine go languaje ?
It already does. Ikemen GO uses go-gl v2.1 and go-glfw v3.2 libraries for rendering  (go branches of OpenGL)
5.- can sdl video mode be implemented using the availables libraries?
only if you implement it in source code. There are multiple SDL for GO libraries available.
6.- webm can be an option just like plombo did in openbor?
everything can be an option if some dev will be interested in adding such feature. From what I see, unlike sound implementation which is far more complicated, movie support is extremely easy to bind, so I will probably add it in the next build (or after story mode is implemented).
7.- some interaction and/or merge with chronocrash/openbor?
sorry, don't understand this question. What do you mean by "interaction"?
8.- virtuatek fighter factory support someday by the exclusive options?
ikemen currently supports the same file formats as mugen so I don't think special support for it is necessary at the moment. (I may be wrong though since I don't know much about FF)
9.- using lua scripts can i make an "adventure/openbor mode?
sure. I'm also planning to implement story mode support that works similarly to "Z-Story" mode in DBZ:Extreme Butouden (cutscenenes, extended storyboards to support Visual Novel like text advancing). It won't require lua knowledge (probably will be implemented via simple declarations in select.def file where you will be able to set each fight and which storyboard/cutscene should be played between fights). Please post a link with documentation how exactly  "adventure mode" works in openbor and how it's declared, maybe it could be used as a base here.
10.- with opengl and lua is possible primitive basic 3D?*
everything is possible in open source engine. I wouldn't count on it in foreseeable future though since I don't think there is any dev skilled enough to add such feature currently working on the engine (other than ikemen author of course)
11.- is there a way to make a packed game/app encryption/decryption?*
not by default.
12.- commercial use, fair use, hobby use?
All packages used by Ikemen GO are under MIT or BSD 3 License, so I don't think they prohibit commercial use. Ikemen itself is unknown. I didn't find any license for ikemen within its files. You would need to ask Ikemen author.
13.- if i port my screenpack defs from mugen directly how can i make use of ikemen exclusive configuration?
there are several new screenpack def arguments added that controls new screenpack features. They will be present in screenpack distributed with Ikemen GO Plus as a reference.
14.- for using pure ikemen lua languaje the screenpack will be deprecated in near future?
For vanilla Ikemen / Ikemen GO they will work until ikemen author changes engine in a way that conflicts with old implementation. For Ikemen GO Plus you should use mugen style DEF screenpacks (unless you're working on full game in which case being forward compatible is less important). If your screenpack DEF works on mugen it should also work on Ikemen GO Plus (once all features related to it are implemented) and should always be forward compatible.
15.- is possible both static and animated portraits for all characters involved (6) in select and versus?, it seems disabled the anim0 currently
The animated portraits, using group 0 was one of the best things added in this engine. Yes, because you no longer need to change sff of each char to customize the portraits. The Ikemen do it automatically for you. That's one of the big reasons I want Ikemen instead of Mugen 1.1.
I'm planning to work on adding animated portraits back in future. No promises though.
Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 10:52:19 pm by K4thos
#287  May 24, 2018, 12:29:57 pm
    • Mexico
    • www.m3xweb.260mb.com
Thank you very much K4thos for answer all my questions.
After a quick search to understand how the ikemen engine works, I found some interesting things.

Creator repository:
this is suehiro repository for all the projects involved on the engine.

Main source:
The source and exe of his main SSZ original programming languaje project apparently done with c++,it has sound, ascii, and basics implemented.

Ikemen SSZ (vanilla deprecated) engine:
The main source of the mugen clone itsef, it seems that it is compiled and programmed using the original code above mentioned as interpreter, adding it suport for lua languaje,sdl,opengl, ogg vorbis and other things.
All used is opensource so suehiro addapted the libraries to the project; ikemen is an expansion of his original SSZ code.

Ikemen GO (current in progres) engine:
Here the source tree of the most recent version of thr engine, suehiro abandoned his own source code in favor of the GO language; that is why most of the things must be reimplemented, the good thing is that the open language of google (GO) has a lot of documentation, is multiple platform compatible and has libraries adapted from the basics to use (like lua,sdl.opengl).
SSZ is only used to interpret the common mugen states.

Ikemen Plus:
Is "just" an expansion project using the lua languaje above implemented to extend the capabilities of the basics in main engine, regardless of the source code that is made the main executable. It is like a languaje above another languaje or a code expanding a compatible code.

Ikemen GO Plus:
Is a "what if/merged erasable experimental fork" done by K4thos to test some functions meanwhile the original is updated using the mentioned GO version.

Finally to the interested people like me in this, here are some util information.
A full list of various availables libraries for GO to explore. (Audio,video,gamepad,3d,network,etc) useful to implement MP3 ,proper OGG, gamepad support and more.
The sdl library i want to test for simple audio and video on ikemen go.
A possible answer to the question on how to compile a 32bits binnary of a GO program.

In fact viewing all this, maybe in the near future is more plausible to make a community mugen engine clone in c++ reinterpreting all the discoveries from suehiro and virtuatek implementing it as a legacy support mode, more smaller, more powerfull, multi platform, modular, opensource and using one single programming languaje.

-Openbor/chronocrash is an opensource multiplatform beat em up engine thats is why the interaction between comunities-

...Oh almost forgot, the adventure mode from my previous post was more as a beat em up or platform extra mode using z movement; at least this is not mugen and the posibilities are beyond infinite.
My Web Site
Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 01:46:56 pm by MangeX
#288  May 24, 2018, 02:55:41 pm
Ikemen GO (current in progres) engine:
Here the source tree of the most recent version of thr engine, suehiro abandoned his own source code in favor of the GO language; that is why most of the things must be reimplemented, the good thing is that the open language of google (GO) has a lot of documentation, is multiple platform compatible and has libraries adapted from the basics to use (like lua,sdl.opengl).
SSZ is only used to interpret the common mugen states.
the bolded part is incorrect. Ikemen GO doesn't use SSZ language at all. The engine has been completly rewritten in GO langauage and doesn't share a single line of source code with original Ikemen.

Ikemen GO Plus:
Is a "what if/merged erasable experimental fork" done by K4thos to test some functions meanwhile the original is updated using the mentioned GO version.

The "experimental" branch means that it's not ready for release (has unfinished features, requires testing). Ikemen GO Plus itself is a fork of Ikemen GO where we try to implement all remaining mugen features that are still missing in Ikemen GO (stuff that author doesn't seem to be interested in adding himself) and add new ones. It's done by modifying both source code and lua scripting files that the engine uses to control interface. In future (once there is stable release) we hope that the fork will be merged with official Ikemen GO release, if ikemen author (suehiro) will accept such pull request.

In fact viewing all this, maybe in the near future is more plausible to make a community mugen engine clone in c++ reinterpreting all the discoveries from suehiro and virtuatek implementing it as a legacy support mode, more smaller, more powerfull, multi platform, modular, opensource and using one single programming languaje.
Wait, you're thinking about creating new engine from scratch, using suehiro's code as a reference, this time in c++? Doing the same work for the third time (Ikemen SSZ -> Ikemen GO -> C++ engine with whatever name) would be a huge waste of time, imo, that could be spent on polishing and expanding existing engine.  Unless you're talking about adding support for mugen stuff to OpenBor (which would be interesting idea).

btw. Ikemen GO is already small, open source, multi platform (can be compiled for windows, linux and mac os) and uses a single programming language (lua is used as a scripting language for interface creation, those files, like mugen content, are not part of the source code).

Finally to the interested people like me in this, here are some util information.
A full list of various availables libraries for GO to explore. (Audio,video,gamepad,3d,network,etc) useful to implement MP3 ,proper OGG, gamepad support and more.
The sdl library i want to test for simple audio and video on ikemen go.
A possible answer to the question on how to compile a 32bits binnary of a GO program.
this sounds very promising. The engine desperately needs programmers that can edit source code. Not sure about awesome-go library since it doesn't seem to aim for mobile devices (I think the only dependency that currently prevents Ikemen GO from being compatible with Android is go-glfw which hopefully will support mobiles at some point).

----------------------------

Please use this new topic for Ikemen GO Plus discussion: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/ikemen-go-plus-184152.msg2406196.html#msg2406196

Original Ikemen Plus is no longer supported by us.
Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 09:35:43 am by K4thos
#289  May 24, 2018, 04:22:18 pm
    • Brazil
I also support the animated portraits on the selection screen .... this is a big differential
It's great to see you're working on it yet.
thanks for the feedback
good luck and sucess
#290  May 24, 2018, 06:15:05 pm
    • djjosehisterico@gmail.com
Good to read this! Mugen needs new functions in the system and fight files, I want to see what will be, and about the animated portraits it´s a good idea always that can do the palette selection with it please... Aproximative date for the go release? Thank you very much.
#291  May 25, 2018, 09:26:43 am
    • Mexico
    • www.m3xweb.260mb.com
Due suehiro is the only one to know how to interprete the ssz code who use to program ikemen, there werent much progress.

With the change to Go code the problems were greater, due to the need to reprogram the interaction of the engine with the machine that uses it.
The only current library ikemen has in that way is opengl and the version used is incomplete and lack multiplatform from origin, altouhgt the Go language is already multiplatform.

Mugen itself has three ways to interact with pc, each one with pros and conts (System/sdl, Opengl and Directx) and only in its unique windows port.

To experiment and test i plan to create a new fork, named simply "Ikemen SGP" taking as reference the fork done by k4thos. mainly for windows x86 and x64, only to adapt the multiplatform sdl libraries for GO available to reimplement image, audio, video, and basics input and output devices such as keyboard and gamepads.

So there will be another version of the engine with no 3d by hardware acceleration, not zoom,not resizing or any resources demanding things beyond the engine itself and its simple functions.

The main core interpreter that traslated the mugen commands,the netplay and the lua scripts will remain intact.
The very least is to add area the animated portraits, the ogg, mp3 , webm decoders since those are only to use certain types of files.

In any case, is the same as rewrite a new engine each time is ported to an operating system or a low level acces type of hardware either console or smarthpone.

I will try to contact the creator of Paintown and the creator of Dolmexica engine because they made open source mugen clones multiplatform interpreters and their knowledge will be very apreciated.
My Web Site
Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 10:04:44 am by MangeX
#292  May 25, 2018, 07:40:17 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Due suehiro is the only one to know how to interprete the ssz code who use to program ikemen, there werent much progress.

With the change to Go code the problems were greater, due to the need to reprogram the interaction of the engine with the machine that uses it.
The only current library ikemen has in that way is opengl and the version used is incomplete and lack multiplatform from origin, altouhgt the Go language is already multiplatform.

Mugen itself has three ways to interact with pc, each one with pros and conts (System/sdl, Opengl and Directx) and only in its unique windows port.

To experiment and test i plan to create a new fork, named simply "Ikemen SGP" taking as reference the fork done by k4thos. mainly for windows x86 and x64, only to adapt the multiplatform sdl libraries for GO available to reimplement image, audio, video, and basics input and output devices such as keyboard and gamepads.

So there will be another version of the engine with no 3d by hardware acceleration, not zoom,not resizing or any resources demanding things beyond the engine itself and its simple functions.

The main core interpreter that traslated the mugen commands,the netplay and the lua scripts will remain intact.
The very least is to add area the animated portraits, the ogg, mp3 , webm decoders since those are only to use certain types of files.

In any case, is the same as rewrite a new engine each time is ported to an operating system or a low level acces type of hardware either console or smarthpone.

I will try to contact the creator of Paintown and the creator of Dolmexica engine because they made open source mugen clones multiplatform interpreters and their knowledge will be very apreciated.

Is there a way to implement DirectX, just like the vanilla Ikemen?
Lasagna
#293  September 20, 2018, 05:02:31 am
  • Participate, be a part.
looks promising, got my eye on this thread. how do I use the tag btw, tried changing it in the settings but nothing happens during the fight, it resume as assist in simul mode.
Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 05:05:47 am by mugenload
#294  October 22, 2018, 05:47:43 pm
  • The Sweet One
  • let’s get scratchin’!
    • USA
    • superscratchkat.neocities.org
i havent used MUGEN in a while and im very interested in using this, however i have an issue
if this issue has already been pointed out and resolved, feel free to call me an idiot
i am on a windows 10 laptop

as you can see for anyone with epilepsy or eyes the game is totally unplayable
this is such an immediate issue that i cant imagine its too uncommon
as mentioned in the video, the screen-flashing is much more frequent on the menu screen after quitting arcade than it seems in the recording
#295  October 26, 2018, 07:35:58 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
Late reply, I know... But serious, what the fuck even? I'm assuming its a graphical issue, but of the likes I have literally never seen before from any IKEMEN user ever. Does vanilla IKEMEN happen to give you the same problems?
#296  November 27, 2018, 11:45:59 pm
yo yoooo could someone teach me how to add the add004 system to this version of ikemen
#297  January 08, 2019, 04:21:18 am
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
OldGamer tech

Fixing a transparent sprite issue (palette issue) in IKEMEN plus 0.3

Issue to read - http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/ikemen-go-plus-184152.0.html

(adriano gt post)

- Everytime you apply sprites

- Color doesn't matter (exampled used is pink and green)

- Requires 2 hidden colors in the palette

- Anytime you make a sprite and its black and its on 1, that means anything 0-1 is hidden color in IKEMEN. Rest are solid.
So anytime you do a sprite, it NEEDS a 0 and 1 hidden color.

- Fighter factory only reads one, but that's ok cause IKEMEN reads 2.
- The Colors need to be like this:

#298  January 08, 2019, 02:03:00 pm
    • Brazil
nice... thanks for info
#299  February 18, 2019, 11:17:15 pm
edit: solved
Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 07:27:58 pm by junkerde
#300  November 29, 2020, 08:49:34 pm