YesNoOk

Ikemen GO (Read 1221163 times)

Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO Plus
#101  July 06, 2018, 04:03:07 pm
    • USA
Game pause I mean the actual menu. Like pressing start in a normal game. I usually play on my TV with wireless controllers so having to(sounds lazy lol) get up and press on the keyboard, ruins the experience. I'm just asking what you think though.

Cutscenes & story. Separate things being asked. In arcade mode of the cvs series, it has that tournament image, showing the characters etc, stuff like that for arcade. Then of course these So as with this game, you have two main bosses so it'd be set to each individual. When you beat Bison in cvs the base explodes, Geese falls to his "death"(oan if there is anyway to get something high quality to replicate that would be so sick, imagine? With interactivity you can really knock him off the stage.) The scenes from CVS-W, were those storyboards? Like a way to insert storyboards in-between fights (not limited to story) pretty much how SFV is now. Not very good at typing down plans, I usually just do it & figure it out as things go, but sure you get it.

The ranking, you brought up and have a list of modes that have to do with score so I was just commenting on it. So you aren't interested in that? The whole unlocking feature sounded great. The score thing is pretty much the same as in various games. Tech/Reversal/Counter/Combo etc etc. He already started working on it, score staying constant till the end of arcade, but haven't had time to look into it myself, but it is being experimented on atm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wItqlQ8Uepk
#102  July 06, 2018, 04:46:20 pm
Game pause I mean the actual menu. Like pressing start in a normal game. I usually play on my TV with wireless controllers so having to(sounds lazy lol) get up and press on the keyboard, ruins the experience. I'm just asking what you think though.
Already partially answered:
Changing Esc button functionality when pressed during fight to display Tekken like menu is on the roadmap.
As for assigning Esc button to some button on gamepad then don't worry. I'm planning to add system button configuration (Esc, screenshot, etc.) to options screen at some point.

Cutscenes & story. Separate things being asked. In arcade mode of the cvs series, it has that tournament image, showing the characters etc, stuff like that for arcade. Then of course these  So as with this game, you have two main bosses so it'd be set to each individual. When you beat Bison in cvs the base explodes, Geese falls to his "death"(oan if there is anyway to get something high quality to replicate that would be so sick, imagine? With interactivity you can really knock him off the stage.) The scenes from CVS-W, were those storyboards? Like a way to insert storyboards in-between fights (not limited to story) pretty much how SFV is now. Not very good at typing down plans, I usually just do it & figure it out as things go, but sure you get it.
Storyboards other than intro and ending between fights in arcade mode could be implemented via already existing "rivals" character parameter in select.def desribed in this post. I will add it to roadmap, it's easy to implement.

The ranking, you brought up and have a list of modes that have to do with score so I was just commenting on it. So you aren't interested in that?

err, I've said we're looking for help in order to implement it. And the help is desperately needed considering lack of score system prevents us from implementing game modes and features on the development roadmap. I'm starting to loose confidence in my English skills with questions like this :(

The score thing is pretty much the same as in various games. Tech/Reversal/Counter/Combo etc etc. He already started working on it, score staying constant till the end of arcade, but haven't had time to look into it myself, but it is being experimented on atm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wItqlQ8Uepk
We are interested in how Tatsu's score system works internally (I've even sent him a message, asking if he could share his general design, exact formulas and values, no reply unfortunately) but things like add004 CNS code and tricks to keep the value saved between matches are not needed at all for implementing this feature. Ikemen GO is an open source engine, so tricks and convoluted solutions in order to circumvent around mugen engine limitations is not something that we want to replicate.
-------------------

As for cutscenes I would just make the engine being able to open movie files, if you know what you're doing you can keep the quality 720p ( have not tested 1080) for like up to a minute to like 10mbs size with little to no quality loss( I doubt most of the cutscenes are longer) I would allow for more customization too if people plan to edit the old slide in cutscenes sf3 had and whatnot.
see the "scene" parameter desription in the previously posted story mode desing. Movies are already planned - WebM (aka the only movie format that makes sense these days).

how the SF2 snes score system works
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/snes/588700-street-fighter-ii/faqs/25190
Thanks. In other words in SF2 (and probably in many more commercial games) score is determined by individual values associated with each move. That's easy to implement and it would be a nice feature for full game developers. Probably the best way is just adding new parameter to statedef when "movetype = A". Something like "score = x" where x is the score value that should be added when attack successfully hits. But as you mentioned yourself this is not really something that would work for normal mugen compilations.

I dont care for a score system in fighting games but if I was to implement it I would strip it down to the most generic and easy to implement way.
What I mean is, instead of doing it on per char basis, I would assign generic points for a light,medium,heavy,grab,special,hyper etc.

Lets say a jab is worth 100 points a medium punch would be 200 heavy 300 once I got all my  values set I would calculate the A B C whatever ranks at the end by how much points the user has accumulated split them up into banks lets say an 100-1000 is an F at the end or whatever and go from there.
yep, that's exactly what is needed to make it "just work". And considering add004 already uses a system that ranks player's actions in a solid way, I hope someone will be able to analyze the common1.cns and describe how it works in detail, so that we can implement it on engine level (fully adjustable via mugen files).
Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 05:09:28 pm by K4thos
#103  July 06, 2018, 04:55:09 pm
I really have never used Shiyo's tag system outside from fullgames so I sadly cant speak about how it works.
As for unlockable bosses chars etc, the easiest way to go about it is just lock em behind points total if you wanna go into it a bit more you can add a difficulty modifier easy 1x normal 2x etc.
Looking forward on all the stuff you guys add. I checked out Yamori's SVC project and  I was super happy how Ikemen ran and looked.
#104  July 06, 2018, 05:01:37 pm
As for unlockable bosses chars etc, the easiest way to go about it is just lock em behind points total if you wanna go into it a bit more you can add a difficulty modifier easy 1x normal 2x etc.
this is how unlocking stuff is designed currently (only partially implemented but I will handle it soon). Quote from select.def:

Code:
;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[UnlockContent]
 ;IKEMEN feature: Unlock in-game content by fulfilling game progress conditions.
 ;Characters are locked via [Characters] 'hidden' parameter flag. Stages and
 ;modes are automatically hidden when any condition for unlocking them exists.
 ;---------------------
 ; Use the format:
 ; type:name = (condition_1), (condition_2), (...)
 ;
 ; type:name construct sets what content should be unlocked:
 ; char:  Character filename (or full path to DEF file)
 ; stage: Path to stage DEF file
 ; mode:  Mode reference:
 ;        - arcade: Arcade Mode
 ;        - versus: Versus Mode
 ;        - teamcoop: Team Co-op Mode
 ;        - survival: Survival Mode
 ;        - survivalcoop: Survival Co-op Mode
 ;        - training: Training Mode
 ;        - netplayversus: Netplay Versus Mode
 ;        - netplayteamcoop: Netplay Team Co-op Mode
 ;        - netplaysurvivalcoop: Netplay Survival Co-op Mode
 ;        - freebattle: Free Battle Mode
 ;        - 100kumite: VS 100 Kumite Mode
 ;        - bossrush: Boss Rush Mode
 ;        When it comes to individual bonuses (generated via bonus=1 char param)
 ;        name of the mode is the same as 'name' set in [Info] section of char
 ;        DEF file. Story Mode arcs use the 'modename' from [StoryMode] section.
 ;
 ; Condition consists of declarations: stat, op, value, mode, char, tmode
 ; If there is only 1 condition brackets can be omitted. "stat", "op", "value"
 ; parameters are required. Save file tracks stats for each mode, character and
 ; team mode individually allowing you to be specific when declaring stat
 ; conditions via optional "mode", "char", "tmode" parameters.
 ;
 ; stat:  Game stat that should be checked.
 ;        Stats tracked globally:
 ;        - gametime: total amount of time played
 ;        Stats tracked after each match:
 ;        - matches: played matches count
 ;        - wins: won matches count
 ;        - loose: lost matches count
 ;        - draws: draw matches count
 ;        - rankd: total rank D count
 ;        - rankc: total rank C count
 ;        - rankb: total rank B count
 ;        - ranka: total rank A count
 ;        - ranks: total rank S count
 ;        - rankss: total rank SS count
 ;        Stats tracked after mode is cleared:
 ;        - cleared: mode cleared count
 ;        - consecutive: max consecutive won matches count
 ;        - perfects: max perfect matches count
 ;        - continues: min continuous count
 ;        - score: max total score
 ;        - cleartime: min clear time (in seconds)
 ;        - difficulty: max AI level used to clear the mode
 ; op:    The equality and relational operators between stat and value:
 ;        ==, !=, >, >=, <, <=
 ; value: Condition stat value
 ; mode:  Game mode that stat check should be limited to. Use names from the
 ;        above mentioned 'modename' list. If not set all modes will be taken
 ;        into account (the value will be sum of counts, min or max)
 ; char:  Character filename (or full path to DEF file) Stat check will be
 ;        limited to this character. If not set stat check takes into account
 ;        all characters (the value will be sum of counts, min or max)
 ; tmode: Team mode that stat check should be optionally limited to. Options:
 ;        - 0: Single
 ;        - 1: Simul
 ;        - 2: Turns
 ;        - 3: Tag
 ;
 ;Examples:
 ; Unlock kfm if total amount of time played is greater then 1 hour:
 ; char:kfm = gametime, >, 3600
 ;
 ; Unlock SuaveDude if:
 ; - arcade mode (Single) has been cleared at least 1 time with Kung Fu Man
 ; - total time played is greater then 1 hour
 ; char:SuaveDude = (cleared, >=, 1, arcade, kfm, 0), (gametime, >, 3600)
 ;
 ; Unlock stage if VS 100 Kumite Mode has been cleared in less than 1 hour
 ; stage:stages/mybg.def = cleartime, <, 3600, 100kumite
 ;
 ; Unlock "story_kfm2" story mode arc if "story_kfm1" arc has been cleared
 ; mode:story_kfm2 = cleared, !=, 0, story_kfm1
 ;
 ;Insert your conditions for content unlocking below.

The save file stuff that is checked here is related to save implementation presented in this post:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2406911
Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 10:53:26 am by K4thos
#105  July 06, 2018, 10:04:48 pm
    • South Africa
Sorry if this has been suggested before, could we have adjustable bgm and sfx volume settings like in native mugen?
#106  July 06, 2018, 11:45:38 pm
Sorry if this has been suggested before, could we have adjustable bgm and sfx volume settings like in native mugen?
sfx, yes - WavVolume setting will be available in the stable version.

For bgm no (for now), because I don't know how to change it (stuff like frequency, channels, samplerate, mixing etc. is all black magic to me). There is no built-in volume functionality in go-vorbis library. @ShinLucho: experimented with it some time ago but without success. @MangeX: mentioned that he is working on binding SDL library to the engine, so if he suceeds, this won't be a problem anymore.

Anyway music related stuff is an open issue: https://github.com/K4thos/Ikemen-GO-Plus/issues/1
If there is any programmer with knowledge regarding sound implementations interested in the project, help would be really appreciated.
Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 02:52:55 am by K4thos
#107  July 07, 2018, 05:23:16 pm
    • USA
Well I’ve just been throwing out ideas to support the interest and discussion of this. The basics are the priority right? Already done a lot and has already exceeded normal mugen gj. So, you’ve already said this a ways back probably, but the demo at the start screen, if you don’t press anything, that’s been done right?
#108  July 07, 2018, 07:56:57 pm
  • Certified Script Kiddie
  • I'm clueless lol
    • USA
hi guys,
well, a problem with transparency is happening on ikemen plus ... see:

this game of naruto works perfectly in mugen ... but see what happens in ikemen:

I would like to know if this has already been identified and corrected in the GO version
thanks

I've seen this happen on certain computers. Same IKEMEN build. Different transparency on sprites. Have a suspicion it has something to do with how sprites are rendered on the machine.
Looking for additional IKEMEN/Fighter Factory programmers for a big project. PM me for details.
#109  July 07, 2018, 08:21:53 pm
Same IKEMEN build
This is Ikemen GO Plus topic, not S-SIZE ikemen. Here is whole intro captured in the latest build, I don't see the problem.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7yrek432wirj86/anim.7z?dl=1
I've requested uploading that Naruto stage but adriano gt ignored it, so can't test it more.

I really don't think it has anything to do with computer. Problems with Ikemen don't have to exist in Ikemen GO - these are 2 completely different engines that don't share a single line of code. Same with storyboards and screenpack rendering - code used in latest Ikemen GO Plus is different to the one used in Ikemen Plus.

but the demo at the start screen, if you don’t press anything, that’s been done right?
yes
Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 08:40:36 pm by K4thos
#110  July 07, 2018, 08:57:07 pm
    • USA
Well, I’ll be waiting on local cord & news. Thanks for the hard work. Once you need a visual for those full game features let me know.
#111  July 08, 2018, 03:40:17 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Maybe old Ikemen Sp support? Mugen Sp's are nice and all but Really don't wanna remake an entire screenpack based on mugen version
#112  July 08, 2018, 04:21:47 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
#113  July 09, 2018, 06:30:29 pm
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
Finally I cought up on this thread, the info sounds dope AF! I've been itching to start working on an SP design again, when this drops I'm definitely going to get back into it, I don't want to start a design to have to re do it again, God knows I do that enough already. Once I know more or less about all the features  this will have I can start on this, also look forward to news on the local cords.

Some quick questions in case I missed something,

Will we have the option for a stage select other then the font work around that is currently done, I recall Ikemen had it, never really messed with it but was curious about this build?

Same question my boy Genesis asked, since I do like pushing Mugen to its limits with my SP's, with the HD content, and with my previous encounters with Ikemen and the way it handled 32 bit sprites in the SP, it wasn't the best at times.
Not much of a question, but I'm excited for this. I'm just wondering how much can the engine handle? Me, and some others I know, like to really push the limits on graphics, and last I checked, regular Ikemen couldn't handle it too well.
#114  July 09, 2018, 06:43:01 pm
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Same really I used 32 bit portraits for lifebar in old ikemen but was wondering how this would support 32bit
#115  July 12, 2018, 08:40:38 am
    • South Africa
Hi are controllers supported in the ikeman plus build? Are they implemented into this already?
#116  July 12, 2018, 02:59:09 pm
    • Spain
    • https://ikutronhd.wixsite.com/ikutronsite/yo
I'd like to try it but I do not have a 64-bit system. Could you pass it to 32 bits?
#117  July 12, 2018, 09:15:05 pm
I'd like to try it but I do not have a 64-bit system. Could you pass it to 32 bits?
there will be 32-bit version executable available (once released, there are no public releases yet). But check opengl video card requirement mentioned in the first post. If you're still on 32-bit system I'm afraid your video card may be too old to run the engine.

Same question my boy Genesis asked, since I do like pushing Mugen to its limits with my SP's, with the HD content, and with my previous encounters with Ikemen and the way it handled 32 bit sprites in the SP, it wasn't the best at times.
Same really I used 32 bit portraits for lifebar in old ikemen but was wondering how this would support 32bit
Please upload that lifebar with 32-bit images so I can  test if it works as expected. No idea if the 32-bit images support is better here compared to old ikemen.

Hi are controllers supported in the ikeman plus build? Are they implemented into this already?
yes, up to 4 joypads. You can also change joypad controlls directly in the options screen like in mugen.

Maybe old Ikemen Sp support? Mugen Sp's are nice and all but Really don't wanna remake an entire screenpack based on mugen version
Screenpacks are already supported. The only notable missing feature when it comes to mugen screenpack support is localcoord (which will be handled soon).
Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 03:15:12 am by K4thos
#118  July 12, 2018, 09:27:40 pm
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
it was add004 lifebar I mean
#119  July 12, 2018, 09:39:54 pm
add004 lifebar works without issues. If you mean some custom character with 32-bit image used for lifebar portrait than please upload such character, so I can test if the portrait is displayed correctly.
#120  July 13, 2018, 12:02:16 am
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA

No idea if the 32-bit images support is better here compared to old ikemen.

Guess I'll have to wait and see what it can handle, once it gets released.