YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734166 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#521  August 05, 2018, 04:38:32 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Well there were no trainers for Mega Evolutions, and yet I imagine the Sun/Moon protag appearing to give the Z-move command, similar to how Corrin Robin calls Chrom and Shulk with company.

Lycanroc is said to be deconfirmed and usually Mythicals don't get to be playable.

Edit: My bad
Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 05:07:21 am by Kirishima
#522  August 05, 2018, 05:01:11 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
#523  August 05, 2018, 05:45:39 am
  • Was it something I said?
Who does Ash have in the anime now?

Well, if I remember correctly, he eventually gets a...

Spoiler: Ash gets a.... (click to see content)
Spoiler: Team Rocket gets... (click to see content)

#524  August 06, 2018, 01:04:44 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Smash Bros Direct announced for 7am PT on Wednesday.  Everybody place your bets now on what they're going to show.   

I'm guessing besides whatever features or game modes they show off, they'll reveal at least one totally new character, and maybe another echo fighter.  For a new character, I'm gonna say it's Ashley.  If there's an echo, Isabelle.
#525  August 06, 2018, 01:08:21 am
The announcement of Nintendo's version of Capcom Cup/Arc Revo.

moo
#526  August 06, 2018, 01:29:02 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I'm guessing besides whatever features or game modes they show off, they'll reveal at least one totally new character, and maybe another echo fighter.  For a new character, I'm gonna say it's Ashley.  If there's an echo, Isabelle.
Maybe Ken for a Ryu echo.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#527  August 06, 2018, 02:03:19 am
    • Mexico
#528  August 06, 2018, 02:10:33 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
I'm mainly expecting news about game modes, as a leaker who's got some things right about the game, claimed that a Direct would happen this month, main highlight being a new mode which will be the primary way to unlock characters.

As for character announcements, I'm not expecting anyone in particular, but I'd appreciate if one of Vergeben's characters were announced.

it basically reminds me of super smash bros brawl where you can at least playthrough subspace emissary to unlock characters
#529  August 06, 2018, 03:34:44 am
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
Aw, hell yeah! I had a feeling there were going to be Smash announcements this month! Fingers crossed that Ashley's a playable character, and that they'll reveal her here!
#530  August 06, 2018, 04:06:54 am
    • USA
^ Ashley's pretty much a shoo-in, IMO.  She really is just inconceivably popular in Japan.  If Ridley got in to please the Western fanbase, I'm fully expecting Ashely will be the pick to appease the Eastern fans.
#531  August 06, 2018, 04:46:06 am
Maybe Ken for a Ryu echo.
Evil Ryu would be better imo.  His gimmick can be doing all of Ryu's specials but without the extra inputs and his Down+B is his SFIV FA with additional range.
Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 04:51:03 am by Kirishima
#532  August 06, 2018, 04:56:09 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I bet on either;
- Ashley.
- King K. Rool.
- Heihachi Mishima.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#533  August 06, 2018, 06:21:19 am
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
Regardless of who the characters actually are, I predict there will be at least one new Echo Fighter and one unique newcomer, with the majority of the Direct being focused on single-player content. I also predict that the Stages and/or the Items tab of the official website will be open shortly after the Direct.
#534  August 06, 2018, 07:05:10 am
I bet on these guys:
- Spring Man
- Dixie Kong (EF of Diddy)
- Shovel Knight
#535  August 06, 2018, 11:58:12 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
I'm sorry, but no.
Like, yeah, I want Dixie Kong to be playable, but it just wouldn't make sense for her to be an Echo Fighter of Diddy Kong.
She never uses peanut guns or jetpacks, and you also just can't ignore her hair for moveset potential either (which is what her as Diddy's Echo would do since all of her attacks would have the exact same animation as Diddy due to being an Echo of Diddy).
So no, Dixie absolutely HAS to be an unique fighter!
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#536  August 07, 2018, 12:47:11 am
    • USA
Some rando from reddit said:
8/8 = Heihachi/Octoling.

This is the kind of investigative journalism that Smash Bros deserves.
#537  August 07, 2018, 01:07:59 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
You know, after playing the Octo Expansion and getting sucked into the Splatoon world, I would be happy to play as an Octoling, but they seriously lack anything standout that separates them from an Inkling in Smash.  Something I was thinking about however should they be included, though obviously much too late for this game to consider, is focusing the "main" color of an Inkling to be Agent 3 and a similar main color for an Octoling to be Agent 8.  With the various others being exactly what they're doing now with random fashion choices from multiplayer and manga references for the Inklings and using the enemy outfits for the Octolings.

This however comes into conflict with the main Splatoon character either being the no-named Inkling Girl Nintendo has been pushing and wanting to be the face of the series, or what could be best described as the in-canon character representation of that same Inkling later on as Agent 3.  It's a little hard to tell what is the set coloring for Agent 3 either, which would help, because in art she's yellow/golden with purple accents but in game she's clearly the default orange. (And of course, they all keep changing their colors with each scenario)
#538  August 07, 2018, 11:47:18 pm
    • USA
The new Bomber item's up on the blog:

They must have timed this direct tomorrow well, because I think this might actually be the last new thing from the E3 build they had left to feature.
#539  August 08, 2018, 12:03:00 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
The new Bomber item's up on the blog:

They must have timed this direct tomorrow well, because I think this might actually be the last new thing from the E3 build they had left to feature.

in the games, if kirby swallows bomber, it becomes crash kirby

here, it's like bob-omb but it takes massive damage

anyway i can't wait for the smash bros direct to occur tomorrow morning
#540  August 08, 2018, 03:31:36 am
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
On the topic of tomorrow's Direct: Despite being a staunch advocate for King K. Rool being in Smash, I cannot for the life of me actually imagine him being a fighter in the game. Regardless, if by some microscopic chance he actually did appear, I'd undoubtedly crap a ton of bricks. At this point, I see Dixie having a better shot.

I've said this before, but I'd also like to see Lip in the game, even though her chances are practically non-existent as well. I tell ya, I gotta start clamoring for more mainstream representatives.
*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.