YesNoOk

2018 new CARNAGE! by PizzaHighFive (Read 9207 times)

Started by PIZZAHIGHFIVE, August 09, 2018, 01:06:44 am
Share this topic:
2018 new CARNAGE! by PizzaHighFive
#1  August 09, 2018, 01:06:44 am
  • It's the end for villians
    • Mexico
    • www.instagram.com/Motivational_Saiyan/?hl=en

He's Finally here people,  MY VERY FIRST CHAR! he's been private for a long long time and ready to go public.   yes he is a edit of thefuture & T.O.P.S but lemme tell ya, he is a extreme edit, I made new sprites like stances, walks, specials, and new supers and pretty much cleaned up all his coding and now he is very well playable MVC style.  I learned all my coding from working on Carnage, and I've learned a lot! He is highly inspired by his comic and video game appearances of "Maximum Carnage".   I put in a lot of love and care into this you guys!  6 - 7 months of work in this one.  I really hope you all enjoy my very first character, I tried to make him as badass as I possibly could.  CARNAGE RULES!

Venom/Carnage/Spider-Man VS Blackheart/Thor/Bastion - First to 2. high level fight

- Can do MVC combos and air combos good.

- 4 Supers, with one being a awesome new Level 3.

- Brand new specials.

- Brand new normals.

- Can OTG(off the ground) properly.

- Can wave dash.

- Already patched with add004 tag

Carnage 2018 by PizzaHighFive                  DOWNLOAD HERE/DESCARGA AQUI
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jgcjoxpzygllldj/Carnage.rar/file
*character updated on 8/18/2018*
Buy DBZ / Street Fighter shirts here. Compra camisetas de DBZ y King of Fighters aqui. www.instagram.com/Motivational_Saiyan/?hl=en
Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 12:51:10 am by PIZZAHIGHFIVE
Re: 2018 new CARNAGE! by PizzaHighFive
#2  August 09, 2018, 06:30:04 am
I grew up on Maximum Carnage and Separation Anxiety so I'm excited

Would love to see a video showcase but the gifs are cool
#3  August 09, 2018, 12:08:36 pm
  • Symbiotes
    • Ukraine
    • malevka2011@yandex.ru
    • Skype - malevka2
    • deviantart.com/malevka1/gallery
THANKS MAN!

#4  August 10, 2018, 04:15:55 am
    • Mexico
You guys have NO IDEA how much I freakin love Maximum Carnage so I am paying tribute to Cletus Cassady by making the best version of him for mugen, I put a lot of time on him.  I ripped those super sprites straight out of the maximum carnage game sprites themselves and of coarse they were all pixelized badly so i did a lot of work in photoshop in making those classic maximum carnage axe sprites look good, and they do I'd say.  I also used the original maximum carnage sprites for one of his win animations. I also created a stage for Carnage I KNOW that ya'll will love.  I will upload it on my stage thread soon.
Buy DBZ / Street Fighter shirts here. Compra camisetas de DBZ y King of Fighters aqui. www.instagram.com/Motivational_Saiyan/?hl=en
#5  August 11, 2018, 01:04:21 am
#6  August 11, 2018, 05:20:35 am
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova
I like your enthusiasm but that idle stance animation needs work. His arm towards the player looks broken and paralyzed.

N_N

#7  August 11, 2018, 06:28:57 am
  • ViktorVaughN_N
    • USA
Few things I noticed about him:

- CLSNs are...eh. Most of the time there's too many, sometimes they just plain disappear (jump start, C. LP) and sometimes they're way too large (s. MK)
- S. MK -3 on hit
- S. HK, C. HP, and HK really unsafe on block. Contrast to nearly all his other normals which are really safe on block
- Lots of his specials are really unsafe on block as well (for example. -39 on "axedforit1")
- "axedforit1" also whiffs at point blank range
- Why do some normals barely push back the opponent if they're not in the air?
- The level 3 does too little for a level 3 (also the animation for it is weird)

Overall, a decent attempt, but a little rough around the edges.
#8  August 11, 2018, 06:30:40 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
there's some typo in the read me because i've looked at his cmd file
#9  August 13, 2018, 04:46:36 am
@PIZZAHIGHFIVE  Good job so far.

I agree with all the feedback so far and will add one more thing that should be fixed.

All the new sprites do not have the same color palette as the original sprites. This makes adding palettes impossible. Some of them even seem like they are a different shade of colors than the original sprites.

To Fix:
****Always backup your work before editing****
Apply the character's color palette to the sprites before adding them into the SFF (you can do this within fighter factory with the palette tool).
#10  August 13, 2018, 11:29:50 am
    • China
wow
#11  August 13, 2018, 12:11:25 pm
    • Morocco
Good job man,Do you have any plans on changing the stance ? It looks to me kinda weird
#12  August 19, 2018, 01:31:42 am
    • Mexico
    Please make sure you all download the 8/18/2018 Version of Carnage. thanks for all the tips! I been busy with life but I also want to bring you all the best characters I can make so i read everyone's notes and went to work.

many fixes include:

-The normals like S.MK, S.HK, and others are now safer on block.  C.HP will remain as an unsafe launcher and you will have to cancel into a move like hadoken motion + Lp to remain safe.

-Specials mentioned by Hi-Yo are now safer on block and does not whiff at point blank range.  His Hadoken motion + Lp or Mp or Hp are the safest after a unsafe normal.  "axed for it" is safer but not ultra safe.... it's mostly used for punishing jumpers at a semi-full screen range or used within a combo. for example: If you play MVC1 captain commando... his captain corridor special is very fast but horribly unsafe if blocked so you're not supposed to spam it over n over, you're supposed to use it when many people are flyers or super jump addicts or use it within a combo. 

-added CLSNs where there was missing hurtboxes. thanks Hi-Yo for catching this.   Hi-Yo mentions that there is "too many" CLSNs but too be honest it does not affect gameplay whatsoever and all carnage combos works on opponents and opponent's combos work on carnage and that's what matters.  CLSN's throughout the character have been tweaked for better confirms like in his "maximum carnage" super and more.

-  Normals push back very little here's why...  because if they pushed back a bit more carnage's bread and butter combos would not connect.  He needs to be able to do a full ground magic series then into one of his hadoken motion specials (like axe swing, spike stab, or tendril attack)

- Level 3 does more damage now, the animation is more of a cinematic type of level 3 that's meant to feel dramatic maybe that's why it looks weird to you cause it isn't your typical fast MVC super.  looks awesome to me, remained unchanged.

-@reduxmercenary  I'm sorry but i took another look at his arm and it does not look broken, it is curved the right way and the muscle shadows are accurate. It must be the fact that there is hardly any animation on that arm while he is standing and walking is probably what you mean?...  it's cause his stance animation is supposed to simply be him breathing in and out then rapidily that is it...  but maybe I can add better walking sprites later if ya'll really want me to.

- Removed Crimson Shards braindead infinite.   by making Crimson Shards non-cancellable from his air normals, he is not able to do a super brain dead easy infinite which consisted of him doing a air normal into shards then repeat onto a juggled opponent.  I realized that Crimson Shards is one of Carnage's best moves and is a necessity to him "getting in" on the opponent and that is all I want it for, using it to juggle opponents over and over very easy isn't what I want.  Crimson Shards remains Air Only and cannot be cancelled from his air normals.

-A brand new Air Hard Kick.   Because Crimson Shards cannot be cancelled from his air normals/Aireal raves, he needed another way to do super jump confirms and be able to bring a opponent down from the air to continue his combo.   his new Air H.K is very similar to Venom's Air H.K for it will knock em horizontally after a air combo Letting Venom or Carnage to land first and able to confirm from the falling opponent :)  FUN!

Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 01:44:23 am by PIZZAHIGHFIVE
#13  August 19, 2018, 01:35:32 am
    • Mexico
@PIZZAHIGHFIVE  Good job so far.

I agree with all the feedback so far and will add one more thing that should be fixed.

All the new sprites do not have the same color palette as the original sprites. This makes adding palettes impossible. Some of them even seem like they are a different shade of colors than the original sprites.

To Fix:
****Always backup your work before editing****
Apply the character's color palette to the sprites before adding them into the SFF (you can do this within fighter factory with the palette tool).

Thank you Techy.  I admit I do not know how to make character pallettes and I do not personally care to do so, If somone wants to make pallette colors for Carnage please go ahead.  I am totally fine with carnage just being RED lol   again Carnage is my first character and I learned everything through this experience