YesNoOk

Flash (Update 7/12/2019) (Read 21564 times)

Started by Mr. Giang, September 07, 2018, 03:28:22 pm
Share this topic:
Flash (Update 7/12/2019)
#1  September 07, 2018, 03:28:22 pm
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Character Demonstration + Download Link:

Differences between the Sic-1's Flash and this one:
- Input layout's changed.
- Can regen 1HP/sec.
- Reworked playstyle so his gameplay can be more balanced and more similiar to Injustice 2 version.
- Added new specials from Injustice 2: Quantum Tunneling and On Your Mark.
- Dashback is now a roll instead of a jump back.
- Many animations now have hurtboxes (get hit anim, dash anim, many special moves,...)
- Damage data's changed.
- Now has Throw.
- Reduced running velocity and distance.
- Fists of Fury now behaves similiar to Injustice 2 version.
- Speed Tornado is now a LV1 Hyper.
- Reduced Speed Tornado start-up.
- Around the World and Eat Dirt are now LV3 Hyper.
- Sneak Attack is now tag-team exclusive hyper.
- Mad Dash is now tag-team assist only.
- Removed announcer.
- Mix-up/Cross-up detection's improved.
- Frame data's changed.
- Many moves are now less safe on block.
- Now has the trait system from Injustice 2.
- Damage-dampen system's added.
- UNO-tag team's supported.

Tag system:
Start - Partner assist
z+c - Tag in/Tag out
D,DF,F,z+c - Tag Team Hyper

Traits:
- Speed Zone - C: The Flash's character trait is the ability to slow down the opponent as if the Flash was moving super fast. It enables him to perform combos that weren't previously possible and also allows him to easily dodge attacks from his opponent. Last 5 seconds. Has 15 second cooldown.
- Combo Sting: Inspired by Injustice 2's combo system, Flash now can perform auto-combo by pressing X up to 3 times while standing. Can cancel into medium or hard attacks.
- Regeneration: Due to Speed Force's connection, Flash can regen 1 HP per sec.

Normal:
X - Weak
Y - Medium
Z - Strong
A - Quantum Tunneling: Flash vibrates at high speeds, causing him to become intangible briefly. Its main use is to cancel backroll and to make some Flash's moves safe on block.
f.A or b.A - Dash/Roll
B - Throw (can be teched by opponents)

Specials:
Fists of Fury (B,F,x/y/z) (G): An Injustice 2-inspired move. Flash dashes forward and strikes punches into opponents. If move contacts, opponents will receive lag-damages from Flash's punches. Unsafe on block. Can't be canceled into Quantum Tunneling.
Lightning Kick (D,DF,F,x/y/z) (G): Run on the border on the screen then divekick opponents. Buttons determine Flash's strike position. The recovery roll can be canceled into Quantum Tunneling.
Sneak Strike (F,DF,D,DB,B,x/y/z) (G): Flash runs off screen and attacks opponents from behind. If move hits, Flash can cancel the move into Dash forward (holding Forward) or Jump (holding Up) to perform air-combo. Unsafe on block. Best use as a way to punish opponents when they are doing something unsafe.
On Your Mark (D,D,x/y/z) (G): A move from Injustice 2. Flash drops down and adopts a runner's stance as his body vibrates and charges with electricity. Holding the button will make Flash stay in the ready stand until the button is released. While in the stand, Flash can still backdash. Upon releasing the button, Flash will dash forward at 1.5x his speed for 20 frames. During the run, he has 5 options:
- Lighting Charge: Pressing X during the run, Flash will do a tackle while reducing his speed. Hit mid. Air-unblockable.
- Sonic Pound: Pressing Y during the run, Flash will jump up and pound forward. Hit high. Air-blockable.
- Charging Slide: Pressing Z during the run, Flash will do a sweeping slide. Hit low.
- Throw: Pressing B during the run, Flash will stop his momentum with an unblockable throw.
- Quantum Tunneling: Flash can use Quantum Tunneling during the run.

Hypers:
B,F,B,F,x/y/z - Speed Tornado (LV1): Charge himself with speedforce, Flash runs around opponents while creating a tornado, trapping them inside it.
B,F,B,F,x+y/y+z/z+x - Eat Dirt (LV3): Flash charges into opponents. If move hits, he will grab him/her and smashes their faces into the ground while running at max speed. Replaced by Around the World while Flash is in Speed Zone.
B,F,B,F,x+y/y+z/z+x - Around the World (LV3) (Speed Zone only): Charge into opponents. If move hits, Flash will run around the world a few times to gain momentum to do a final tackle at opponents. End Speed Zone immediately if move hits.

Tag Team Hyper: Sneak Attack
Tag Team Assist: Mad Dash
Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 11:33:52 am by Mr. Giang
Re: Flash (edited by Mr.Giang)
#2  September 08, 2018, 05:41:57 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
Congrats, nice work. You could also customize the hyper portraits.
#3  September 09, 2018, 03:14:06 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Congrats, nice work. You could also customize the hyper portraits.

Thanks! But I find the old portraits are quite cool at the first place so I think it isn't necessary to change it though. If I can find better portraits, I will definitely add it.
#4  September 09, 2018, 06:06:41 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
I dig him a lot, and great job with the edits. He plays really well and I like all the changes you made to him. One idea I think would be cool that you could try is to randomize the pose he does when he parries/dodges. Similar to Captain Commando's stance animation (or taunt, I can't remember). It would just add some more personality to him, even if he has a lot already. Thanks again. I've liked all your edits so far, and love the fact that you are even doing them. I think it's a great idea, and I hope you keep it alive.
#5  September 09, 2018, 06:22:38 am
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova
Awesome looking Flash. I kind of wish he had the move the other Flash has where he runs upside down on the ceiling all over the screen spinning around lwith his arms spread like a cross. 
#6  September 09, 2018, 08:07:59 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
I dig him a lot, and great job with the edits. He plays really well and I like all the changes you made to him. One idea I think would be cool that you could try is to randomize the pose he does when he parries/dodges. Similar to Captain Commando's stance animation (or taunt, I can't remember). It would just add some more personality to him, even if he has a lot already. Thanks again. I've liked all your edits so far, and love the fact that you are even doing them. I think it's a great idea, and I hope you keep it alive.
I'm glad that you enjoy my works! And while your idea is great, Flash's sprites are fairly limited (he doesn't even have a proper taunt animation, which is a huge disappointment) so I can't really make him do random animations while dodging (still, that's a really cool idea and while I definately use that in my future project).

Awesome looking Flash. I kind of wish he had the move the other Flash has where he runs upside down on the ceiling all over the screen spinning around lwith his arms spread like a cross. 
I actually thought about that move though but when I took it into account, that move can make Flash a bit OP, which wasn't the point of my edits so I have to leave it out. But that move might make it with my future Reverse Flash edit though.
#7  September 12, 2018, 07:34:19 am
I love the fact that you're  even making some DC chars gameplay better since there's so much variety for Marvel out there

Mentioned Martian Manhunter to you on another board but would love to see you take a shot at editing MMV's Penguin, Chuchoryu's Deathstroke, CVG's Robin, Batzarro's Harley and CVG's Clayface in the near future

Found your Bane edit as well
#8  September 12, 2018, 08:06:51 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
I love the fact that you're  even making some DC chars gameplay better since there's so much variety for Marvel out there

Mentioned Martian Manhunter to you on another board but would love to see you take a shot at editing MMV's Penguin, Chuchoryu's Deathstroke, CVG's Robin, Batzarro's Harley and CVG's Clayface in the near future

Found your Bane edit as well

I have considered all of those characters but there are so many problem with them (Penguin lacks a lot of sprites. especially crouching sprites, Batzarro's Harley is unattractive and lame, which is a huge shame because I can give her so many options from Injustice 2). On the bright side, I'm considering editting Deathstroke (maybe Clayface as well?) and Robin is nearly finished but I plan to publish him later as I really want to give him a more cinematic Teen Titans Hyper as well as special interaction with my Cyborg.
Also, I'm planning to remake Bane as well (to give him more Injustice 2 feeling instead of MvC).
#9  September 14, 2018, 10:33:55 pm
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Another Flash Update:
- Fixed a glitch which causes underground juggles.
- Fists of Fury's damage reduced from 12xN to 10xN.
- Around The World is no longer affected by damage dampen.
#10  September 16, 2018, 05:21:14 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
 :yuno:
#11  October 25, 2018, 05:18:01 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Update:
- Specials and Hypers's changestates now ignore hitpause.
- Around the World's first hit no longer kills opponents.
- Around the World's first hit's damage reduced from 100 to 50.
- Around the World's blocked damage increased from 50 to 80.
- Flash's HP no longer affects his speed.
- j.Hard's hittime increased from 10 to 20.
- j.Medium's start-up reduced from 7f to 5f.
- Added screenshake during a successful throw.
- Fixed a glitch which sometimes make opponents unable to tech hit.
- Charging Slide is now -3 on blocked.
- s.Strong is now -6 on blocked.
- c.Strong is now -8 on blocked.
- Quantum Tunneling's input changed from QCB + Attack to A.
- On Your Mark Z's enemy pausetime increased from 0 to 8.
- On Your Mark Z is now -10 on blocked.
#12  November 07, 2018, 10:40:54 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 A small error that I found while playing around with Quantum Tunneling. Whenever I use it to cancel the x version of Lightning Kick, The Flash sinks below the floor a bit instead of standing on it evenly. Not sure if the other versions of Lightning Kick cause this, but it's always nice to double check anyway.

Also, I get a huge debug flood from him concerning lack of hit IDs and partners.
Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 10:52:59 am by Nep Heart
#13  November 07, 2018, 03:00:41 pm
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
A small error that I found while playing around with Quantum Tunneling. Whenever I use it to cancel the x version of Lightning Kick, The Flash sinks below the floor a bit instead of standing on it evenly. Not sure if the other versions of Lightning Kick cause this, but it's always nice to double check anyway.

Also, I get a huge debug flood from him concerning lack of hit IDs and partners.

Ah, right, I will definitely fix the floor-sinking glitch in my next update. About the debug flood, I gotta admit that I have no idea how to work around that without screwing the Tag System I gave Flash (as this is a small problem for every UNO Tag Patched characters). That being said, I will work on it once I figure out a proper way to deal with the problem.
#14  November 14, 2018, 09:46:00 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Update:
- Fixed a glitch which makes Flash sink below the floor by canceling Lighting Kick into Quantum Tunneling.
- Fists of Fury's roll now can be canceled into Quantum Tunneling.
Re: Flash (Update 1/19/2019)
#15  January 19, 2019, 02:20:38 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Update:
- Added Taunt.
- Added hi-res guardsparks.
- Added Slam effects.
- Added Animated Cutscene to LV3 Hypers.
- Added new damage dampen system.
- Fixed some input bugs.
- Fixed a glitch that makes throw unable to be teched in Simul mode.
- Fixed a glitch that makes On Your Mark unable to play the right anim.
- Increased walking speed.
- All Light attack's pausetime changes to 8f.
- All Hard and Medium attack's pausetime changes to 10f.
- Removed jump's after image.
- Jump Hard attack now always knocks down airborne opponents.
- Sneak Attack no longer can be jump-cancelable or dash-cancelable.
- Sneak Attack now causes wallbounce.
- Now can perform Tag Delayed Hyper.
#16  January 19, 2019, 07:23:13 am
Update:
- Added Taunt.
- Added hi-res guardsparks.
- Added Slam effects.
- Added Animated Cutscene to LV3 Hypers.
- Added new damage dampen system.
- Fixed some input bugs.
- Fixed a glitch that makes throw unable to be teched in Simul mode.
- Fixed a glitch that makes On Your Mark unable to play the right anim.
- Increased walking speed.
- All Light attack's pausetime changes to 8f.
- All Hard and Medium attack's pausetime changes to 10f.
- Removed jump's after image.
- Jump Hard attack now always knocks down airborne opponents.
- Sneak Attack no longer can be jump-cancelable or dash-cancelable.
- Sneak Attack now causes wallbounce.
- Now can perform Tag Delayed Hyper.

bro you gotta start adding those Injustice voices you grabbed... It truly pisses me off hearing Flash say numb nuts lmao
#17  January 19, 2019, 07:46:23 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
God dang it, I forgot that again. Next update will get it then :P
Re: Flash (WIP Update Announcement)
#18  May 01, 2019, 05:48:55 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Flash is going to receive an Injustice 2 voice update + other changes in a few days. If you prefer the old voice pack, this will be the last chance to get it before it's gone forever.
Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 07:44:27 am by Mr.Giang
#19  May 01, 2019, 04:34:17 pm
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
Flash is going to receive an Injustice 2 voice update + other changes in a few days. If you prefer the old voice pack, this will be the last chance to get it before it's gone forever.

Now that's neat. You've got yourself a interesting Edit Roster mate, and it's growing a lot, nice.
Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 05:08:21 am by AVPboy
#20  May 01, 2019, 05:55:00 pm
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam

Now that's neat. You've yourself a interesting Edit Roster mate, and it's growing a lot, nice.

Now you talk about it, I just realized that I had gone a really long way with MUGEN. It was truly an enjoyable ride though  :)