YesNoOk

3D to 2d commsions (SFIV characters in mugen now) (Read 4976 times)

Started by Nexus Games, September 25, 2018, 02:13:37 am
3D to 2d commsions (SFIV characters in mugen now)
#1  September 25, 2018, 02:13:37 am
i am in need of money and i am open for commissions

i will do the street fighter 4 characters and make them 2D the tones are 3
light color to shadow color to the outlines

i go for 300$ us dollars it will go up depending on the character with more details on the models

let me know and we will do this through pm and i will make a post on the project

i will work on 2 characters at a time

payment will be through paypal.

less sprite count in animations i will go about 150$ to 200$
A price lower for less sprite count of characters (sprite count like SFA characters)

Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 03:47:57 am by Nexus Games
Re: 3D to 2d commsions/JUS sprites to Bigger (SFIV characters in mugen now)
#2  September 25, 2018, 03:36:33 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Don't you think 300 USD is a bit much to ask for a full character sprite set that looks like that? Or at least, that's what I gather from your Vega sprite.
This is a generic forum signature.
Re: 3D to 2d commsions/JUS sprites to Bigger (SFIV characters in mugen now)
#3  September 25, 2018, 03:41:49 am
yeah but i would go lower if i sprite characters with a animation limit

i made the price lower for less sprite count of characters (sprite count like SFA characters)

lui

Re: 3D to 2d commsions (SFIV characters in mugen now)
#4  September 25, 2018, 04:25:58 am
    • USA
He means the quality of the sprites themselves. If you're gonna charge money they need to be of absolute quality first and foremost. Most people wouldn't commission for that level of quality tbh especially for a Sprite style like SFA which is highly stylized.

There's also the fact that with most of your characters you tend to kind of skip out on more smooth animations. I honestly think you should either lower the cost overall or at least try to evaluate your process and your work ethic because this isn't really gonna cut it with most people who want a solid sheet.
#5  September 25, 2018, 04:50:04 am
well my personal life is a kind of difficult and i know people want good quality character sprites
really the only characters i did sprite and release are viewtiful joe which i had to lower the quality down because of the screenshots i got and the fact that i had to get the demo out
and lisa rogan but with a commission i am not working on a game and i am capable of making fluid frames but that will take longer if the person are willing to wait a while.
#6  September 25, 2018, 05:28:34 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

Just curious why SF4 and not SF5?
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#7  September 25, 2018, 05:44:32 am
well i don't have a good computer to run street fighter 5 even though i have it on steam i can't get it to run without lagging so much
so to get the camera to not zoom in.
#8  September 25, 2018, 06:45:04 am
If this Dante is yours is a really decent job.

I think you have talent you just have to show what you got, best example your Viewtiful Joe:

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/viewitful-joe-mvc3-sprites-183591.msg2403921.html#msg2403921

Why not MvC3? there's a bigger roster.

You are not selling yourself properly, problems are:

-You are showing a Dictator sprite, this character already exists so it's pointless.
-Show don't tell. Show more of your portfolio, I wouldn't be interested with that Dictator there. But as I said you have Joe and Dante. I don't know if you have more.
-Style. People expect certain spritestyles for CAPCOM chars: SFA, SF3, CvS2. For MvC I think a bit of originality is ok, including automated 3d renders to 2d.
-Roster. show what are the options at hand. For SF4 I believe: Abel, El Fuerte, Juri, Oni, Hakan and Seth. Go with the ones that don't exist already in sprite form. For MvC3: She-Hulk, Modok, Sentinel, Phoenix, Haggar, Nathan, Trish...
-Quality. Judging from that Dictator sprite you know how to trace but not how to shade, the lightsource is all over the place. V Joe's your best work.

300 usd for a full char with that V Joe's quality doesn't sound bad.

There are other options but these depend of the commissioner: you properly study the spritestyles and expand the moveset existing chars had in SF4 or you just do outlines for "new" SF4 chars and someone else finishes them, or at least you do a proper base with proper shading so what's needed is just details.

#9  September 25, 2018, 10:52:16 am
That Dante is bugya's Dante resized and with a lower colour count (probably a palette change).

lui

#10  September 26, 2018, 01:32:35 am
    • USA
Viewtiful Joe is probably the only example I can give that's decent.

Dante however is a edit of bugya's Dante that was just resized and was edited to have fewer colors, that's about it. No real reshading or anything so it ends up coming off as a rough edit of someone else's work instead of being anything good to use for a commission