Mai Natsume v1.064 (Read 62556 times)

Started by OHMSBY, October 16, 2018, 09:02:37 pm
Share this topic:
Mai Natsume v1.064
#1  October 16, 2018, 09:02:37 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Hello everyone,

Mai Natsume is now complete. Like my other characters, she uses a custom gameplay style that is largely based on her Cross Tag moveset, she also has a few of her old moves.

More screenshots in the spoiler
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Get Mai here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mTsUB5eogTKUAj-93s_y28LXZgUCnxuy/view?usp=sharing

I want to give a quick shout out to Takehaya Susanoo, Mister Fael Chan, Nep Heart, and SolidZone 26 for testing this character. This is the first time I've sent a character out for pre-release testing, and I think it worked out really well. I will most likely do this again for my next character. Speaking of which...

I've decided to skip the poll this time around. There is one character in particular who has been in the polls since the beginning, and has gotten around 2nd place in each one. I think it's finally time I threw him a bone...

As always, have fun.
Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 04:00:44 am by OHMSBY
Re: Mai Natsume
#2  October 16, 2018, 09:26:13 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
As always, you're great.

Would you be able to do Persona characters too?

I noticed that you never put them in your polls.
#3  October 16, 2018, 09:53:13 pm
  • Examu Advocate
    • USA
  • 5AA > 5C is an infinite.
  • Is 5C being safe on block intentional?
  • Almost all of her normals are safe even. 66A, 2B, and 2C being the exceptions.
  • j.C blockstun is... rather long. About +15 air to air and +35 air to ground.
#4  October 16, 2018, 09:56:20 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Nice job OHMSBY!
I wonder if you do even Es for some other time.
This is fate.
#5  October 16, 2018, 09:58:35 pm
    • USA
As always, you're great.

Would you be able to do Persona characters too?

I noticed that you never put them in your polls.

The Persona characters are a little more complex than the rest due to the use of the personas. I just feel like I still have some things to learn before I tackle them.

I would eventually like to work on Mitsuru and Naoto though, and maybe Kanji too.

• 5AA > 5C is an infinite.
  • Is 5C being safe on block intentional?
  • Almost all of her normals are safe even. 66A, 2B, and 2C being the exceptions.
  • j.C blockstun is... rather long. About +15 air to air and +35 air to ground.

Noted, I'll get these things fixed.

Nice job OHMSBY!
I wonder if you do even Es for some other time.

Maybe someday.
Re: Mai Natsume v1.01
#6  October 16, 2018, 10:29:53 pm
    • USA
Quick tiny update to fix the things that ArtistofLegacy pointed out, including the  5AA > 5C infinite. Go ahead and redownload Mai.

- Increased the cooldown time and cornerpush on 5C
- Made some adjustments to the guard stun on Mai's normals
#7  October 16, 2018, 11:27:26 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
#8  October 16, 2018, 11:45:08 pm
  • Palette Referencer MUSIC is my LYFE
    • USA
Hello everyone,

Mai Natsume is now complete. Like my other characters, she uses a custom gameplay style that is largely based on her Cross Tag moveset, she also has a few of her old moves.

More screenshots in the spoiler

Get Mai here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mTsUB5eogTKUAj-93s_y28LXZgUCnxuy/view?usp=sharing

I want to give a quick shout out to Takehaya Susanoo, Mister Fael Chan, Nep Heart, and SolidZone 26 for testing this character. This is the first time I've sent a character out for pre-release testing, and I think it worked out really well. I will most likely do this again for my next character. Speaking of which...

I've decided to skip the poll this time around. There is one character in particular who has been in the polls since the beginning, and has gotten around 2nd place in each one. I think it's finally time I threw him a bone...

As always, have fun.

Oh Nicee!!! You're doing Gordeau!!
[/img]http://imgur.com/PXKjXbP[/img]
#9  October 17, 2018, 12:37:08 am
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
I love you.

That's all i gotta say >_>
#10  October 17, 2018, 12:46:13 am
    • Brazil
Nice char! :nuttrox:
Thanks for making it  :nuttrox:
#11  October 17, 2018, 01:01:28 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Damage scaling and frame data are definitely a lot better now.
#12  October 17, 2018, 05:47:59 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Great work as usual! Now knowing that you are going for Gordeau, it's time for me to ready for Ruby + Gordeau's tag team shenanigans.
#13  October 17, 2018, 07:37:51 am
  • https://www.youtube.com/user/tiloger/videos
    • Colombia
    • tiloger90@hotmail.com
    • http://mugeneros.activoforo.com/f1-mugen
what a great job you really are very good at this I congratulate you
#14  October 17, 2018, 06:09:50 pm
    • djjosehisterico@gmail.com
Thank you very much for this char! Another great work from you, waiting for Naoto...
#15  October 17, 2018, 08:42:34 pm
    • Spain
    • eduardo.polonio.gutierrez@gmail.com
Wow! Your characters are great! Would you be able to do Guilty Gear characters too? It would be interesting to see Guilty Gear characters in this style
#16  October 17, 2018, 08:57:13 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Wow! Your characters are great! Would you be able to do Guilty Gear characters too? It would be interesting to see Guilty Gear characters in this style

Do not request characters in a release thread.

#17  October 17, 2018, 11:13:41 pm
  • Mugen's Evil Ken
  • "This is my Fight! and This is my GOAL!!"
    • USA
    • Skype - Jarian Logan
Wow! Now SHE Looks COOL! I will definitely download her! :)
"My Technique Can Not be Beaten"
#18  October 18, 2018, 06:29:54 am
  • Palette Referencer MUSIC is my LYFE
    • USA
@OHMSBY WOW your forth character congrats! I'am so excited to see your work in the future I brought palettes for Mai

[/img]http://imgur.com/PXKjXbP[/img]
#19  October 18, 2018, 07:11:39 am
  • Hahahahahaaa All Burn!
    • USA
    • kojikomos@hotmail.com
Oh, MAI what thicc thighs you have OwO also she is really fun to use. The only thing is I am not good with her lol. I cannot seem to find any good aerial combos xD anyone got any suggestions?

P.S. Working on Goreau next?! SCYTHE TEAM ON THE WAY BB! *eager face*
NEKOS ARE JUSTICE!

My Youtube Channel
#20  October 18, 2018, 09:00:17 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
After playing the official release, I noticed there are some things I mentioned during my pre-release testing still remained unchanged. However, there are mostly personal preference and aesthetics, so it's not too major of a concern.

Like the ground fx for the Suzuran, I originally thought a landing a spear on the ground doesn't create much impact unlike a punch to the ground similar to what Yang and Mika does. Since I bring that up, you kinda forgot to put the ground fx back on Ragna's Belial Edge when you fixed his landing bug. There was one before the bug, but not after. I didn't report the missing ground fx earlier as I thought it looked better without it, which is why I mentioned it during my pre-release feedback. You can go back to fix it if you want, but I like it better when there isn't any for that move only.

As for the lifebar portrait, I already know it's not something you can fix on your end so it will probably be in later updates. She just looks like she had a bad makeup day.

Overall, everything else looks good. I'm also glad to see Gordeau being the next WIP this time around. Besides the last poll (which he was in the middle), he always gets high votes but beaten by newcomers who were recently added every time.

Edit: Forgot one thing. For the Sylvan Hurricane Assault that uses number 62 as ground fx, I do like the change but I personally think it's too big. It should be the same size as the opponent:

Also make the character play (7,2) from the common.snd when the opponent hits the ground.

I know OHMSBY replied but please refrain from requesting other characters in release threads, thank you!
And I know you are a Global Moderator for this site, but OHMSBY does not update his WIP topic anymore. Therefore, has no places for free discussion. Just saying.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 09:19:26 am by SolidZone 26