YesNoOk

Scarecrow (Update 7/11/2019) (Read 22298 times)

Started by Mr. Giang, October 26, 2018, 02:58:51 pm
Share this topic:
Scarecrow (Update 7/11/2019)
#1  October 26, 2018, 02:58:51 pm
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam

Disney: Infinity War Is The Most Ambitious Crossover Event In History.
Me: Hold my cup.

Also, Happy Halloween!

Character Demonstration + Download Link:

Changelogs:
- Added 5 new hypers.
- Added new moves: Panic Port (from Injustice 2), Fear-Ferno (from Injustice 2).
- Updated with hi-res effects.
- Added Guard Effect.
- Added Advancing Guard.
- Added trait system from Injustice 2 (Inner Fear): Scarecrow can build Fear Meter by successfully using Fear Gas-related attacks. When the Fear Meter is full, Scarecrow can get access to Tramautize, which is a full-screen blast that can deal damage and put opponents into a crumble state.
- Reworked Fear Toxin: Now opponents will get attacked by hallucinating crows while under the effect of Fear Status.
- Fear Status now changes BGPal during the active duration.
- Removed Recovery Roll, replaced with Recovery Teleport.
- Added special contents when having Batman, Alucard or Slenderman as an UNO tag-team partner.
- Reworked most of the old hypers into normals or specials.
- Damage dampen's added.
- Support UNO Tag Team System.

Tag system:
Start - Partner assist
z+c - Tag in/Tag out
D,DF,F,z+c - Tag Team Hyper

Traits:
- Guard Push - x+y/y+z/z+x while guarding.
- Recovery Teleport.
- Inner Fear: Scarecrow's character trait ability is a trait that has a fear meter, which can be charged up by successfully using certain moves. If the Fear Meter is completely charged up, Scarecrow has the ability to perform Tramautize.

Normals:
X - Weak
Y - Medium
Z - Strong (can charge Fear Meter)
b.Z (G) - Deep Agony: Scarecrow uses his flamethrower to attack opponents. This move isn't special or hyper cancelable.
f.Z (G) - Fear Toxin: Scarecrow fires off a blast of gas from his hands. If move contacts, opponents will enter Fear Status. When they are in Fear Status, the crow hallucinations will appear and strike in front of Scarecrow. Cannot be used again when Fear Status is active. Can charge Fear Meter on hit. If Alucard or Batman is a partner, opponents will also hallucinate Bat Swarms.
df.Z (G) - Another Experiment: Toss a glass of acid. The acid hits low. Can be used to create some unblockable set-ups.
A - Dash: Can pass through opponents.
B - Throw (can be teched by opponents): Scarecrow fires out a blast of Fear Toxin, making them hallucinated. When Alucard is an ally, the hallucination becomes real and deals extra damage. Can charge Fear Meter on hit.
C - Tramautize (can only be used when Fear Meter is full): Create a full screen blast which sends a shockwave of energy that stuns the opponents.

Specials:
Panic-Port (D,U) (G): Scarecrow vanishes then reappears behind the opponent.
Chemical Mayhem (D,DF,F,x/y/z) (GA): Throw a bottle of chemical sustains that explodes when it hits the ground. The bottle can't be destroyed. Can hit OTG. Can charge Fear Meter on hit. Attack strength varies upon how far the bottle can travel.
Delusional Episodes (B,DB,D,DF,F,x/y/z) (GA): Throw a Gas Bomb with a high dose of Fear Toxin that can hallucinate opponents on hit. Can charge Fear Meter on hit. When Batman or Alucard is a partner, the hallucinating demons will be replaced by hallucinating bats, which charges Fear Meter more.
Fear-Ferno (D,DB,B,x/y) (G): Scarecrow uses his fear powers, summoning spikes from the ground-up. Can deflect 1 destroyable projectile. Can charge Fear Meter on hit. When Slenderman is a partner, a hallucinating image of Slenderman will appear, increase the amount of Fear when the move hits.
Spinning Fear (D,DB,B,z) (G): Scarecrow spins his scythe, attacking opponents. Can move during the spin. Can be jump-cancelable. Can charge Fear Meter on hit. Every 3rd spin will not be able to cancel into other attacks and briefly stun Scarecrow after recovery.

Hypers:
D,DB,B,D,DB,B,x/y/z - Soaring Crow (LV1) (GA): Jump forward and strike with his scythe. Hit high. Can charge Fear Meter on hit.
D,DF,F,D,DF,F,x+y/y+z/z+x - Grip On Reality (LV3) (G): Scarecrow fires off a gigantic blast of mixed Fear Gas from his hands. End Fear Status on use. On hit, there will be 4 sequences, depended on Scarecrow's partner:
- Dark Perception: Triggered when Batman/Slenderman/Alucard isn't UNO Tag Team partner or during Single mode.
- Winged Avenger: Triggered when Batman is UNO Tag Team partner.
- Vlad of Wallachia: Triggered when Alucard is UNO Tag Team partner.
- Eldritch Ritual: Triggered when Slenderman is UNO Tag Team partner.
All sequences won't kill opponents and Fear can be gained whenever the move hits.

Tag Team Hyper:
Tag Out: Horseman of the Apocalypse: Death.
Tag In: Be Afraid.

Special thanks to:
DopeFiend, NinjaBrl, Mistah Jorge and armin_iuf for the based character.
BlackCurl, ZET and The_None for the effects as well as the codes.

Pick a partner for Scarecrow:
Alucard by jawsgoun
Batman by Alucard
Slenderman by Ahuron
Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 05:37:41 am by Mr. Giang
Re: Scarecrow (Halloween Edition by Mr.Giang)
#2  October 26, 2018, 05:47:31 pm
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Reuploaded the file to remove the old and glitchy Scarecrow.def file. Please re-download again.
#3  October 26, 2018, 07:39:57 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
i see that it's the batman the animated series version of scarecrow

i'll test it out soon
#4  October 27, 2018, 06:02:57 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Found some Crane's sprites (thanks to Shining), I quickly managed to make Injustice 2-inspired intro for Scarecrow.

Look quite good so far and I'm planning to release this as soon as I can get home.
#5  October 27, 2018, 04:45:47 pm
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Small update: Added a new intro for Scarecrow (thanks Shining for Crane's sprites).
#6  October 27, 2018, 04:47:37 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Looks epic!
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#7  October 27, 2018, 06:48:10 pm
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
#8  October 29, 2018, 02:03:53 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
-after scarecrow does the scythe super, he sends him flying up whether it's been hit or not

-his other super created clones of him after snakes and stuff appear
#9  October 29, 2018, 06:14:25 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
-after scarecrow does the scythe super, he sends him flying up whether it's been hit or not

If you are using older version, please use the uno tag def file. Otherwise, I suggest you re-download the new version as I have yet to face such a problem during the test.
#10  October 30, 2018, 02:21:43 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
The SFX of the hard attack seems odd as when you hit the opponent with it, it makes the SFX to unalign.
#11  October 30, 2018, 02:34:43 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA

If you are using older version, please use the uno tag def file. Otherwise, I suggest you re-download the new version as I have yet to face such a problem during the test.

i did redownload but i still get the same problems
#12  October 30, 2018, 06:31:02 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
#13  October 30, 2018, 01:02:52 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Hmm, what hp percentage is your mugen on? Those hypers seem to do rather little damage for being done raw.
#14  October 30, 2018, 01:56:44 pm
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Hmm, what hp percentage is your mugen on? Those hypers seem to do rather little damage for being done raw.

100%. But the damage is low due to many balancing reasons:
- This character is designed to be played in Tag Team Mode. For references, most UMvC3's LV3 hypers deal around 320.000 to 380.000 damage (which some exceptions like Vergil and Phoenix Wright), which is around 320 to 380 in MUGEN. Scarecrow's LV3 Hyper deals 360 damage (unscaled, and around 400 damage with Batman or Slenderman as partner, somewhere around 300 to 500 with Alucard as partner), which I think is already quite good for a character who is designed as a support partner instead of main damage dealer.
- The Hypers, outside dealing damage, also fill the Fear Meter a lot. While the tag hypers don't fill the Meter, they are still good as a way to apply pressure.
- Soaring Crow can be used as a surprising cross-up, mix-up and a part of a very reliable unblockable set-up with Another Experiment (as Scarecrow doesn't have a lot of high-hitting options). Doing any bread-and-butter combos with Soaring Crow should easily take opponents around 270 HP and fill a lot of Fear Meter (considering his role as a support partner, I think this is quite good). It also causes ground-bounce, which can even allow you to do all kind of other stupid stuffs (like combo into Chemical Mayhem into LV3 Hyper like I showed in the video, it hurts + you now have a full meter when opponents wake up).
Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 02:39:44 pm by Mr.Giang

lui

#15  October 31, 2018, 12:51:56 am
    • USA
yo, i have scarecrow's injustice 2 voice files if you wanna use em

(i also have the rest of the cast's btw if that interests you as well)
#16  October 31, 2018, 01:18:10 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
It would keep his voices uniform, rather than the poor TAS samples mixed with random out of place voice samples.  I'd go for the Scarecrow IJ2 sounds.
#17  October 31, 2018, 02:47:47 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
yo, i have scarecrow's injustice 2 voice files if you wanna use em

(i also have the rest of the cast's btw if that interests you as well)

You are truly a lifesaver Lui. Can't wait to update all of my DC chars with Injustice 2 voice!

It would keep his voices uniform, rather than the poor TAS samples mixed with random out of place voice samples.  I'd go for the Scarecrow IJ2 sounds.

I don't like the poor TAS sample as well, gotta work on those sweet sweet Injustice 2 voice pack as fast as possible.
#18  October 31, 2018, 05:45:29 am
Glad someone got you those voices!

And how you made a 1.0 version to your last release.. would it take a lot of effort to make a version of this where some of the tag exclusive moves are readily available in 1 player mode? If yes then never mind
#19  October 31, 2018, 10:37:08 am
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Glad someone got you those voices!

And how you made a 1.0 version to your last release.. would it take a lot of effort to make a version of this where some of the tag exclusive moves are readily available in 1 player mode? If yes then never mind

Nope, it's very simple and easy to do but I refuse to do it as those hypers are very redundant and not very useful outside tag-team environment, which completely contradicts with my balancing idea, where everything  has its own unique use. That being said, if the demands for using those hypers are high, I may reluctantly throw balancing out of the window and release a patch where everything can be used in Single Mode.
Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 10:41:22 am by Mr.Giang
#20  October 31, 2018, 10:51:14 am
    • USA
    • tsthomas2121@yahoo.com
That being said, if the demands for using those hypers are high, I may reluctantly throw balancing out of the window and release a patch where everything can be used in Single Mode.

this is a great idea, thanks for considering it.