YesNoOk

Superman by Jmaxximus & Electro (Read 20942 times)

Started by ELECTR0, August 17, 2017, 03:33:27 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Superman by Jmaxximus & Electro
#21  August 04, 2018, 01:58:53 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
    • electroslair.blogspot.com/
A lot of work has been done in the past two weeks & so I thought it would be a good time to show another battle. In this clip you can see that the normal heat vision FX have been changed & a glow effect added. The ground now burns on his angled down vision. The coding is starting to wrap up & an alpha release will be coming within the next month. I'm going to start transitioning into helping out with the sprites. More moves & features will be implemented after the alpha release.

vyn

#22  August 07, 2018, 04:12:27 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
That electro is impressive and very creative
#23  August 07, 2018, 12:39:25 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
#24  August 07, 2018, 05:14:43 pm
#25  August 10, 2018, 06:13:49 pm
    • Mexico
    • rokksoftware.blogspot.com
Excellent progress, I'm impressed with the quality of the animations!   :yuno:

Only as a suggestion, you could see the superman special move in the injustice game is IOS / Android, it is similar to the ones you are adding to the char ( 1:53 )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV789OBeE0g
#26  November 10, 2018, 04:15:42 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
The time is almost here. Superman alpha_1.0 will be released on 12/21/2018. Until then I hope you enjoy this battle against Doctor Fate.  :geek:

#27  November 10, 2018, 04:30:53 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 I've been keeping up with your progress on Superman since his announcement and, frankly, I am pretty hyped to try him out. He looks like one of the most polished and varied versions of Superman for MUGEN yet that isn't an overpowered mess. I wonder if you take gameplay suggestions.

Some nice touches like all versions of Heat Vision do bonus damage against characters frozen by Superman and the rock chunks remaining from his meteorite hyper being makeshift projectiles that can be launched by Superman's hitboxes. Those would be awesome.
#28  November 10, 2018, 09:43:27 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
I always enjoy suggestions. I'll certainly think about the idea & play around with it to see if it fits. I don't want to spoil a few surprises that I haven't shown yet, but I will spoil this one & that is that Superman doesn't always bring down a meteorite for that hyper attack. Sometimes it's a car etc.. so that would play a factor in adding your idea or not. Thanks for the suggestion.
#29  November 10, 2018, 09:50:31 am
    • USA
Superman looks awesome man.
#30  November 10, 2018, 11:45:31 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
In the video, at 2:53 -ish, you throw him into that air bounce move, then you freeze the ground, then freeze him.
It would seem like it'd be possible to do an infinite with these 3 moves. Have you looked into that?
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#31  November 10, 2018, 11:49:03 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
Odb718 Your probably right. I just wrote that down & will look into it soon as I wake up tomorrow.
#32  November 19, 2018, 06:42:02 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
Good news I've made a smart palette & have started working on various costumes for the Man of Steel. Even better is now Supes has new moves for couple of the costumes. I will be releasing a template for the palette about a week before the alpha goes live for anyone interested in making palettes. I hope everyone enjoys the new updates & will have more surprises to announce as the month goes on.

#33  November 19, 2018, 08:31:20 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Hot damn, this version of Superman is going to be awesome!
#34  November 20, 2018, 10:42:37 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 I actually wouldn't mind beta testing if finding any issues is concerning enough.
#35  November 22, 2018, 10:20:26 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
@Nep Heart Thanks for the offer. I'm probably going to be working & changing things all the way up until release day so it's probably best to just test the alpha when it comes out.
#36  December 05, 2018, 09:35:22 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
Superman has a new voice which was made by HyperVoiceActing. Also previewing alternate hyper options for Electric Superman, New costume Herald of Galactus + moveset & finally some new items for Superman's meteor smash hyper, which can now drop a car or telephone booth.

#37  December 06, 2018, 03:20:01 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 The voice reminds me of DCAU Superman, which is great in my book because those were some of my favorite Western cartoons of all time.
#38  December 11, 2018, 11:55:51 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
Previewing another hyper for the Man of Tomorrow. This time Supe's is using speed to punish his opponents in a variety of ways.

#39  December 12, 2018, 12:21:08 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 Cool looking super once again, although I feel the line where Supes announces the attack name could use a little more energy behind the voice to give it more feeling that the stakes are high like when Superman actually does get serious.
#40  December 19, 2018, 05:06:34 am
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
With Superman's alpha being released in a few days this will probably be the last post I do about the character for awhile in this thread. I hope everyone has been enjoying the previews I've shown over the last month. So here is the final smart palette as well as a template in case anyone wants to plan their own costumes. I'm not the best when it comes to color theory, so i'm sure others can make better palettes than I was able to make. You can get a decent amount of costumes out of this. Below are the costumes that will release with the character. Only Electric Superman & Herald of Galactus have to stay in the character because his moveset changes with these palettes & the rest can be changed to whatever you want, but feel free to make Electric Supes & the Herald better than what I was able to do. Last is a preview video of Electric Red Superman in action.

Template