YesNoOk

Peppa Pig (Updated) for Mugen 1.1 (Read 16947 times)

Started by KadirV, January 24, 2019, 08:16:21 pm
Share this topic:
Peppa Pig (Updated) for Mugen 1.1
New #1  January 24, 2019, 08:16:21 pm
  • Hi, I'm Kadir, I make Mugen chars (I think)
    • Bolivia
Only for Mugen 1.1

NOTICE: This character was already updated for mugen 1.0: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/peppa-pig-ver-1-0-released-186139.0.html

Peppa Pig, a preschool character, is finally available for Mugen 1.1, has 5 attack buttons, 5 Special attacks, and 4 Super motions.

Now the download of the stage (Peppa's House) is available.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1okPdVWXCf_9No4Ruo-ZmT-wxPU62wj-H
720p: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e5s2unGyy6hRDv1CkzZjO9WnHWWlXUiz

New Update:
Added to the char:
-Bug corrected from p2 canceling "Puddles of mud"
-Dizzy Animation Added
-Improves in air combos.
-Infinite attack with C - Z fixed.
-Sprites cropped
-The "Daddy pig world record" can be used without low life (only once per round)
-The game does not stop when you make K.O. with "Daddy pig's world record"
-Increase the gravity of the char.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1htcsa_9TQ5Cuy9pT5g959zsJwYv1jf3d

Something I forget to mention is that you can choose the color palette you want with Forward and back in the intro

Movelist:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Hi, I don't know what to put here
Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 04:31:00 pm by KadirV
Re: Peppa Pig Realesed (Only for Mugen 1.1)
#2  January 24, 2019, 08:42:02 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#3  January 24, 2019, 09:01:21 pm
    • Bolivia
#4  January 24, 2019, 09:57:56 pm
  • i just wanna sleep all day
    • Mexico
    • x3dos.blogspot.mx
o vaya! que genial y con muy buena calidad grafica, muchas gracias, mas tarde lo probare
#5  January 24, 2019, 10:00:19 pm
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA

#6  January 24, 2019, 10:34:16 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
hehehe I never expected to see Peppa Pig for Mugen :)
#7  January 24, 2019, 11:32:13 pm
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
We didn't expect Woody Woodpecker either, yet here we are.
#8  January 24, 2019, 11:36:57 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
#9  January 24, 2019, 11:49:18 pm
  • What's a title
  • Novice M.U.G.E.N. creator
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/rmaster007smugensite/
Great character.
Spriting is harder than I thought.
#10  January 25, 2019, 12:36:38 am
  • MUGEN_70
  • Nothing important...
    • USA
This is actually pretty good...
im just me
#11  January 25, 2019, 02:33:29 am
Looks quite good
#12  January 25, 2019, 04:42:12 am
I can't even lie, I may add this to my big roster... the unexpected is what Mugen's all about
#13  January 25, 2019, 09:16:10 pm
    • Mexico
    • rokksoftware.blogspot.com
hahaha, excellent work...
#14  January 26, 2019, 02:18:34 am
  • R.I.P Mugen 1999-202X
    • USA
    • mugen.wikia.com/User:Jenngra505
Some scattered thoughts on the character:
The moveset is incredibly creative and the sprites replicate the shows artstyle perfectly but the coding and gameplay need work.
The sprites aren't cropped, this can be done automatically within Fighter Factory and reduces the file size tremendously
Peppa doesn't have a throw which is a general mechanic in fighting games.
Dodges and other moves like Avoid usually have hitboxes and use NotHitBy and PlayerPush to get the intended effect of moving past the opponent invincible.
The hitdefs aren't attributed correctly, a general guide for how these should work is listed in the docs.
Her attacks have very little (if any at all) knockback.
It would be fun if you could combo into a crouching attack from a standing attack and vice versa. (Stand X, Crouch A, Crouch Y, Stand B for example)
If hit the opponent with Puddles of mud right before George attacks, the opponent breaks out of the custom state leaving Peppa
Speaking of, Puddles of muds palette effects last oddly long.
I recommend you analyse frame data and how hitboxes are designed in professional fighting games.
Wish this character was available in 1.0 as there are a few glitches Elecbyte hasn't sorted out in 1.1.
I see a lot of potential in you.
Hopefully someday I'll be able to make the little puffball on my profile pic.
(Sprite edited from Scrollboss' sprite)
Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 02:38:57 am by jenngra505
#15  January 26, 2019, 10:02:52 pm
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Wow never thought I'd expect to see this character for mugen though anyways adding to what jenngra505 said

• I can see what you where doing with the launcher, however it isn't coded correctly because you can just continue to do the launcher after the hits the opponent as demonstrated in my video here https://youtu.be/9GF3UNKdkzQ?t=159
    (See how training's advantage frames are positive whenever I do the launcher and enemy control saying no)
  • I'm curious why this character doesn't have basic to special, or basic to super cancels at all
#16  January 26, 2019, 11:05:59 pm
    • Bolivia
The moveset is incredibly creative and the sprites replicate the shows artstyle perfectly but the coding and gameplay need work.
The sprites aren't cropped, this can be done automatically within Fighter Factory and reduces the file size tremendously
Dodges and other moves like Avoid usually have hitboxes and use NotHitBy and PlayerPush to get the intended effect of moving past the opponent invincible.
The hitdefs aren't attributed correctly, a general guide for how these should work is listed in the docs.
It would be fun if you could combo into a crouching attack from a standing attack and vice versa. (Stand X, Crouch A, Crouch Y, Stand B for example)
If hit the opponent with Puddles of mud right before George attacks, the opponent breaks out of the custom state leaving Peppa
I recommend you analyse frame data and how hitboxes are designed in professional fighting games.
Wish this character was available in 1.0 as there are a few glitches Elecbyte hasn't sorted out in 1.1.

Thanks for letting me know, I will probably make a version that corrects all those errors, the character can not throw opponents (I never knew how to give one) but the "Fairy Peppa" attack replaces it since it is unlockable and causes little damage.
#17  January 27, 2019, 12:12:58 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org

Thanks for letting me know, I will probably make a version that corrects all those errors, the character can not throw opponents (I never knew how to give one) but the "Fairy Peppa" attack replaces it since it is unlockable and causes little damage.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that peppa's jump is a bit floaty, not sure if that's intentional or not
#18  January 27, 2019, 02:41:16 am
    • Bolivia

Another thing I forgot to mention is that peppa's jump is a bit floaty, not sure if that's intentional or not

It was more intentional, although I probably also change it, I do not like it very much.
#19  January 27, 2019, 09:52:24 am
Amazing. My daughter loves this  :bravo:
#20  January 27, 2019, 01:40:59 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com