YesNoOk

Unknown Soldier - Not a WIP - only a contribution stuff. (Read 37293 times)

Started by Inactive user, February 05, 2019, 04:12:42 am
Share this topic:
Unknown Soldier - Not a WIP - only a contribution stuff.
#1  February 05, 2019, 04:12:42 am
Unknown Soldier - Marvel vs Capcom Assist helper W.I.P

NEW SPRITES based on Original sprites.

Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 07:39:35 am by Mazemerald.
Re: Unknown Soldier - Marvel vs Capcom Assist helper W.I.P
#2  February 05, 2019, 07:30:46 am
It's great to see this character being supported and gets more attention.

Try to use the programs what Gladiacloud is using. That way, the char will be even more good looking.

Plus, I've said to him to add a hyper background and hyper portrait. In which he didn't, just a simple thing to do.

Try also the steps what Shinzankuro is doing. That way, you're be just like them.

If GladCloud can't do it, why not you? Hope you can satisfying with this char. Cause, to satisfy someone is just a side effect.

Good luck on him.
#3  February 05, 2019, 09:14:20 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
I had thought of a potential moveset for U.Soldier, incorporating most of the the elements from Forgotten Worlds.

Maybe it'll be of some use :)

Generally-wise:

He's a bulky fighter with a anti-gravity tech, which means his basic movements can have between a average and high speed - much like other flying characters in MvC like Magneto, Storm and M.Bison. This "floating nature" allows for a variety of inspirations when animating his general moves.

We could also take characters from different sources, that have a similar style, as references for his normal attacks. As a example, I think of Kevin from Garou: Mark of The Wolves:

For the special moves:

• Main weapon - either be his , or be performed with + any punch, with angle determined by the button strenght. The angle could be controled by the directionals after the motion too (like, that Cyclops hyper from XvsSF, or even the metal slugs from Metal Slug)
  • Laser satellite - the default assist attack; would be a separate helper, following Soldier much like in the source game. It's attack could be actived by holding a attack button for a short time, and then releasing it (like Megaman's charge shot), allowing some combo extensions for Soldier.

These could be a individual set of specials for the satellite; performed with + kick (each weapon represented by a button strenght).

• Rapid-fire - looks and works just like Soldier's main weapon; Thinking about it again... maybe it would be better to use this as a extension of a hyper move (like the one from yours, where the 2nd Soldier comes up)
  • Arcing beam - a straight forward projectile. A slower, bigger attack that doesn't disappear upon hit (but maybe disappears after reching some distance? I dunno);
  • Napalm bomb - a projectile that explodes upon contact. Could be straight forward, or could be in a arc motion (like if it was affected by gravity), exploding right after falling to the ground;

• Homing missile - A simple homing projectile; I most likely would use this in place of the previosly mentioned Rapid-Fire move, as it works cool with that motion as well.
  • 2-direction cannon and Bound shot - those could go well as anti-air moves... Maybe we could even blend them in a new, original weapon; like a 2-direction bound shot, or a shot that divides into 2 pieces when in contact with a wall/floor.

For the hyper moves, IMO these weapons work the most:

The charged laser, the homing laser (could as well be a charged & homing laser ;)), the flame-thrower, and the multi-directional beam! That image above is just a mockup to make it looking closer to a MvC style hyper move.

That's it for now. Unknown Soldier is a interesting character, and I hope more people get interested in heping on this. :)

Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 09:25:50 am by NDSilva
#4  February 05, 2019, 04:26:45 pm
  • Wandering....
You can also used dicktracy and punisher for basing revolving rapid fire shots movement

CTTO to the ripper

#5  February 05, 2019, 06:51:09 pm
thank you guys!
Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 08:43:54 pm by Mazemerald.
#6  February 05, 2019, 11:00:39 pm
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
 @gladiacloud you must see this. As you dont want make u.soldier, maybe with mazemerald you can bring to life u. Soldier
#7  February 05, 2019, 11:04:03 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
6 months or more... No thanks.

I'm outta here!
Boy, properly building up a fighter with such variety of moves/weapons truly takes a damn amount of time, if you're alone on this...

I'm tellin ya, it took me 1 entire year to make a somewhat consistent Dr. Wily, and that's because I was entirely focusing on him during that time. :ninja:

But hey, maybe this guy ends up drawing some attention from peeps afterall, and be finished quite sooner than one would expect...

Gladiacloud, are you still interested in seeing a community project for this Soldier?

lui

#8  February 06, 2019, 12:49:57 am
    • USA
#9  February 06, 2019, 12:52:13 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/

Shit
#10  February 06, 2019, 12:56:46 am
using the V.S STYLE template.
Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 08:44:20 pm by Mazemerald.
#11  February 06, 2019, 02:03:14 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#12  February 06, 2019, 03:29:05 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
It's like he honestly doesn't understand how much it takes to work on something. I bet the idea that people pay hundreds for a spritesheet blows his mind XP

[/offtopic]

Anyway, it's pretty cool to see stuff like this crop up from time to time, so keep this kind of stuff up ^..^
#13  February 06, 2019, 09:06:20 am
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it

Gladiacloud, are you still interested in seeing a community project for this Soldier?
No... for now. I'm currently work on another project, and this time I will not work alone (I hope).

But I have already planned a moveset for Unknown Soldier, if you're interested.

I'll send you a PM as soon as possible.
Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 09:53:28 am by Gladiacloud
#14  February 06, 2019, 10:26:59 am
    • USA
Unknown Soldier - Marvel vs Capcom Assist helper W.I.P

I had been feeling sad because this char hasn´t fun and he´s not good enough to play, the sprites are poor and the gameplay very awkward and precarious.

i'm updating him to release a beta version, but surely there´s many things to do yet. i think in changing the moveset and gameplay to fix it more from the original game with the MVC treatment, i'm working alone and it's more delayed.
You shouldn't worry so much about the sprites & try your best to make due with what you have. Make him a weapon based fighter like you seem to already be doing. Just having access to all those weapons would be really cool and you wouldn't need new sprites. Maybe only a launcher, but you could even get creative with that. That move-list posted can easily work.

If you need some inspiration, I tried to do the same thing with a weapon based character. I didn't have any custom sprites either & just winged it reusing the same old sprites. Just give all the weapons unique properties. I can see it coming out really cool.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Also, think Chris Redfield, probably an even better example from a commercial game.
#15  February 06, 2019, 04:28:41 pm
  • Look out for falling Roadrollers
    • USA
#16  February 06, 2019, 05:34:45 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Being honest... I really think that would be a great idea a community project working together for Unknown Soldier.

It's the last of the Special Partners remaining and Gladia deserves to rest a bit lol[Consider that idea a payback for all those works he did for community, he really pushed himself so far with these special partners.. He really deserves that].. I know, he is possibly not THAT much appealing, but look how people here turned Joe from a bland uninspired SF character into a nice one. I believe we can do the same thing with 1P/Unknown Soldier

- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 05:40:19 pm by ShinZankuro
#17  February 07, 2019, 12:01:56 am
thanks for the feedbacks.
Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 08:44:48 pm by Mazemerald.
#18  February 07, 2019, 12:06:08 am
i need to improve more things.
Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 08:45:17 pm by Mazemerald.
#19  February 07, 2019, 03:19:10 am
it´s very useful.

Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 08:45:42 pm by Mazemerald.
#20  February 07, 2019, 03:43:01 am

Aura mega Crush concept idealized by Gladiacloud.
Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 08:46:03 pm by Mazemerald.