YesNoOk

EB Goku Pots Style (Read 39567 times)

Started by DJMouF, February 04, 2019, 02:59:35 am
Share this topic:
EB Goku Pots Style
#1  February 04, 2019, 02:59:35 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com

Hey guys I'm new due to posting. I've Been following this forum for years and I thought to share a little project I'm working on. It's Goku he's six buttons configured, and will be having an SSJ transformation. I have several videos on my YouTube page. Please don't be harsh, this is first for me and would like positive but constructive feedback. He's about 50% done. Thanks. I definitely look up to you all on here and I'm amazed at y'all creativity with the characters. Oh and I also have a Bardock that's about 75% done. They are English voiced and I may also include a Japanese sound with the characters.
Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 03:29:22 am by DJMouF
Re: EB Goku Pots Style
#2  February 04, 2019, 05:05:58 am
  • Sr. Símio Enfermo
    • Brazil
    • www.facebook.com/people/Manson-Rees/100027897993934
Wow!
That's nice, man. :D

Wanting for a beta realease. :)
#3  February 04, 2019, 05:08:47 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
Thanks Man. I may do a beta or just go ahead and knock him out the way. I work on him every day so it won't be long til he's done. Bardock is just about done as well.
#4  February 04, 2019, 06:31:16 am
    • USA
Doing your own thing, that's what I like to see. Interested to see that transformation.(I love transformations ha)
#5  February 04, 2019, 12:04:25 pm
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
Yeah man I'm not trying to do like everyone else. Just do m own thing. If whoever like him can DL him if not keep it rolling. No problems on my end. But as far as transformations, he already is able to do so. I'm just finishing up his normal Lvl 3 Supers then it's on to the SSJ2 moves
#6  February 04, 2019, 08:21:29 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 There is a little precaution you may want to consider with transformations. Custom states kinda screw them over since they draw from default sprite numbers, so, Goku's base form may end up showing if he is placed in one. I have never worked with these kind of characters, but I hear a recommendation to this is use assertspecial to make transformed Goku invisible and have an explod in its place to match the appropriate transformed sprite animation.
#7  February 04, 2019, 08:35:16 pm
    • USA
Yeah, I feel that. It’s different now so don’t even worry. I’m sure people will be excited to get anything at this point. Just pour all the love into it like you do, it’ll turn out great. SSJ2? He has the sprites for that? Someone had to have made extra sprites for these guys. Good idea using Kaioken for CC. Vegeta would be the easiest for it as his hair is already up ha. The transformation stuff is fun, it may not be perfect, but don’t let that stop you.
#8  February 04, 2019, 08:54:20 pm
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
Man I appreciate that guys. Yeah that -2 state sucks lol. But yeah I'll do what I can for SSJ2
#9  February 04, 2019, 09:59:51 pm
  • Sr. Símio Enfermo
    • Brazil
    • www.facebook.com/people/Manson-Rees/100027897993934
Wouldn't be better to make a Normal Goku (with Kaio-Ken mode) and a SSJ Goku (with SSJ2 transformation) in entirely different characters?
In that way custom states shouldn't be a real problem, right?
#10  February 04, 2019, 11:05:47 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 I presume his intent is giving access to a mode that gives access to boosts/new moves whose weakness is being temporary and meter hungry so that it gives incentive to play base and transformations at once.

It's not a bad idea and it can even give a lot a depth for gameplay, but they can be very difficilt to get right. It's why I suggested the explod method for custom state problems since MUGEN doesn't normally respect transformations.
#11  February 05, 2019, 02:48:56 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
You guys, I'm not all that great at this. It's a first for me, y'all are throwing a lot at me all at once lol. Slow down!!!! Baaahahahaha!!!!
#12  February 06, 2019, 12:36:26 pm
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
There is a little precaution you may want to consider with transformations. Custom states kinda screw them over since they draw from default sprite numbers, so, Goku's base form may end up showing if he is placed in one. I have never worked with these kind of characters, but I hear a recommendation to this is use assertspecial to make transformed Goku invisible and have an explod in its place to match the appropriate transformed sprite animation.

What about how coldskin created his SSJ transforming Vegeta? I really haven't looked at the char coding code for code, but he is able to transform and he only has normal sprites in his sff file.... it has something to do with the pal change if I'm not mistaken. I'll check more into it though. From what I've seen, the -2 States doesn't affect vegeta at all. For example. Being grabbed and thrown is one of the major ways for transforming chars to go back normal sprites. His doesn't do it because its a pal change.. but looks as if he transformed...
#13  February 06, 2019, 10:38:39 pm
    • USA
Vegeta's hair doesn't change.
#14  February 07, 2019, 02:33:40 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
Vegeta's hair doesn't change.

Yeah I know his hair doesn't change but it would still go back to base hair form with custom states. But since his pal change effect that makes Vegeta appear to be ssj, it wouldn't change back to normal state even with the custom animations
#15  February 11, 2019, 02:25:20 am
  • The Fan of Everyone that post Cool Stuff!
  • Supporting the cool work!!!
    • Venezuela
Well...what can i say,I LOVE IT!!!,but Team Z2 already made a Goku that i like,but believe me when i say that this makes me very happy,to see someone joinig to the Pots style makers,keep on going,and hope to see mr.Bardock in a future  ;D

What can i say...im just good giving support.
#16  February 11, 2019, 03:06:58 am
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
    • cornetaneitor@gmail.com
    • ansatsukenmugen.webs.com/
Woah dude, this is ABSOLUTELY GODLIKE!
One of the ol' projects that I had in mind was making a PotS styled Broly. And seeing your Goku has inspired me enough to try and code that Broly into existence!
Haha... if I have enough time, that is.

Keep it up buddy.
Btw, the hitsparks of the Kamehameha are kinda glitchy. I can fix them if you want me to, haha!
#17  February 11, 2019, 03:18:08 am
    • USA
You don't need custom states with Vegeta because it's only a pal change. Use remappal. Custom states, when its a different sprite set. I do it all the time.

I.E When you use multiple sprite sets(Hair like Goku, you do need Custom)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Pal change only(Like Vegeta, only a palette change)
#18  February 13, 2019, 01:06:52 am
  • The Fan of Everyone that post Cool Stuff!
  • Supporting the cool work!!!
    • Venezuela
You don't need custom states with Vegeta because it's only a pal change. Use remappal. Custom states, when its a different sprite set. I do it all the time.

I.E When you use multiple sprite sets(Hair like Goku, you do need Custom)

Pal change only(Like Vegeta, only a palette change)

Well, for what Mr.X (not the one from Resident Evil) A.K.A 2dee4ever (also...Keep doing the good work in CXS, i love your videos),goku would need a diferent sprite sets and i think that his moves would need a change i mean,just like the Kamehameha,in his super saiyan 1 form it should change like...a wave like the regular one,that demonstrating his new power level or something...

Woah dude, this is ABSOLUTELY GODLIKE!
One of the ol' projects that I had in mind was making a PotS styled Broly. And seeing your Goku has inspired me enough to try and code that Broly into existence!
Haha... if I have enough time, that is.

Keep it up buddy.
Btw, the hitsparks of the Kamehameha are kinda glitchy. I can fix them if you want me to, haha!

Also, im happy that you are back and with a new life yo!if you wanna make broly im 100% agree with that,also you can take your time,because i know that coding and spriting are not so easy and your trough the years have showed us that the Ultra Mugen Chars comes in a long road to perfection(also love your Ryu,Dan but most important your Q!,i mean he is my favourite,i got a mugen 1.0 screenpack,1.1 does not work on my pc...-shame-)

What can i say...im just good giving support.

lui

#19  February 13, 2019, 03:50:30 am
    • USA
Why not just do base > ssj god?

It could make your Goku unique to everyone else if you're gonna do a transformation
Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 06:05:32 am by Walruslui
#20  February 13, 2019, 05:53:08 am
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
    • cornetaneitor@gmail.com
    • ansatsukenmugen.webs.com/
Why not just do base > ssj go?

It could make your Goku unique to everyone else if you're gonna do a transformation
THIS.
You could then do a SSJ Goku that goes SSB later, if you wanted to.
It is both easier AND more unique! Haha!

(Unless you don't really like DBS, which would be understandable I guess).
ALSO!
I think making SOME Supers go SSJ is the way to go.
That way, when performing the same Supers in SSG mode, he'll go from SSG to SSB!
Just sayin', it's up to you my dude, haha.