YesNoOk

Mr. Ansatsuken's WIP Thread! (Current project: BROLY! & Chi-Chi?!) (Read 148937 times)

Started by Mr. Ansatsuken, February 08, 2019, 05:30:28 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Out of these characters, what Dragon Ball character should I make next?

Beerus
Raditz
Android 18
Re: Mr. Ansatsuken's WIP Thread! (I guess?)
#21  February 11, 2019, 05:46:53 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
I enjoy the idea.
#22  February 11, 2019, 06:06:35 am
UPDATE:
Seeing DJMouF's PotS-styled Goku has inspired me to make an ol' project that I had in mind...
And THAT IS, A POTS-STYLED BROLY!!
But I just downloaded BoyBoyz's Broly, and unfortunately...

There are not enough sprites for a full moveset.
And by "full moveset" I mean crouching LP, MP, HP, LK, MK, HK.

Because there aren't enough sprites, I said to myself,
"Oh hey! But how 'bout you make his gameplay just like Sennou-Room's anime characters?!"
You know, having LP-MP-HP as the attack buttons, while keeping LK for Dodge, MK for Power Charge, and HK for Custom Combo / MAX Mode.

Please let me know if you like this idea. Just sayin' 'cause I never really looked into the feedback those chars (Konata, etc) received.
(And so I don't know if you guys enjoyed the gameplay of Sennou's 3-attack-button characters).

oh wow nice! broly! please give him a run that would be cool to see! hope you code him like knuckles and JM style. its the best way to go!
#23  February 11, 2019, 08:40:45 am
    • USA
UPDATE:
Seeing DJMouF's PotS-styled Goku has inspired me to make an ol' project that I had in mind...
And THAT IS, A POTS-STYLED BROLY!!
But I just downloaded BoyBoyz's Broly, and unfortunately...

There are not enough sprites for a full moveset.
And by "full moveset" I mean crouching LP, MP, HP, LK, MK, HK.

Because there aren't enough sprites, I said to myself,
"Oh hey! But how 'bout you make his gameplay just like Sennou-Room's anime characters?!"
You know, having LP-MP-HP as the attack buttons, while keeping LK for Dodge, MK for Power Charge, and HK for Custom Combo / MAX Mode.

Please let me know if you like this idea. Just sayin' 'cause I never really looked into the feedback those chars (Konata, etc) received.
(And so I don't know if you guys enjoyed the gameplay of Sennou's 3-attack-button characters).

IMO. Sennou-Room stuff is nice and all. But I would go with the Six buttons bro. That POTS Style Goku is pretty dope. With those six buttons, you can probably do a HP + HK command that allows to make Broly power up and strengthen his attacks. Or give him custom combo. That's what I think bro
#24  February 11, 2019, 09:13:50 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Actually, Sennou-Room does have a few 6-button characters. Ronald McDonald and Ingrid come into mind. He chooses between 3 to 6 button depending on how many sprites available that he can work with.
#25  February 11, 2019, 12:11:26 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
#26  February 11, 2019, 08:10:56 pm
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
    • cornetaneitor@gmail.com
    • ansatsukenmugen.webs.com/
IMO. Sennou-Room stuff is nice and all. But I would go with the Six buttons bro. That POTS Style Goku is pretty dope. With those six buttons, you can probably do a HP + HK command that allows to make Broly power up and strengthen his attacks. Or give him custom combo. That's what I think bro
He will have six buttons. It's just that only 3 of them will be ATTACK buttons, like some of Sennou's chars.

Actually, Sennou-Room does have a few 6-button characters. Ronald McDonald and Ingrid come into mind. He chooses between 3 to 6 button depending on how many sprites available that he can work with.
And this is exactly why.
I want to give him 6 attack buttons, however THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH SPRITES FOR THAT.
I can only work with what I have. And the Broly sprites that I have allow up to 3 crouching attacks.
But perhaps BoyBoyz's Broly's spriteset DOES have more attacks, that are not found on the .sff?
I don't know. As long as I don't have enough sprites for 6 attack buttons, he'll have to stay with 3.
(Like many of Sennou's chars, haha).
#27  February 11, 2019, 09:03:55 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
If you can't find enough sprites for 6 buttons just go for 3 since it will save you some time and you don't have to stress over it.
Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 09:07:23 pm by Shadic12
#28  February 11, 2019, 09:17:47 pm
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
Here is resources that may help, look forward to what you make out of Broly.

See what you can take from this, I believe he made it a 6 buttons,

UPDATE 17.06.20 : Broly edit. (been a while...)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Check first post.
++

Also this, you may want to get in contact with Ryu From Streets™ see what he may have?
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/k-a-k-a-r-r-o-t-t-o-o-o--181001.msg2370224.html#msg2370224

and last but not least Hoshi was making a Broly, that looked mad promising, but stopped, he also shared his resources.
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/my-broly-resource-archive-185112.msg2421763.html#msg2421763

lui

#29  February 11, 2019, 09:27:17 pm
    • USA
He will have six buttons. It's just that only 3 of them will be ATTACK buttons, like some of Sennou's chars.

And this is exactly why.
I want to give him 6 attack buttons, however THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH SPRITES FOR THAT.
I can only work with what I have. And the Broly sprites that I have allow up to 3 crouching attacks.
But perhaps BoyBoyz's Broly's spriteset DOES have more attacks, that are not found on the .sff?
I don't know. As long as I don't have enough sprites for 6 attack buttons, he'll have to stay with 3.
(Like many of Sennou's chars, haha).

just use the one gknux made.

it's already 6 buttons and i worked with him on it.
#30  February 12, 2019, 06:13:08 am
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
just use the one gknux made.

it's already 6 buttons and i worked with him on it.
GOOD NEWS  EVERYBODY.

Broly will in fact have 6 attack buttons! Haha!
This is possible only because of creativity, of course.

I worked on his .sff, .air and .snd files today.
Too bad I can dedicate like, barely up to 2 hours a day to Mugen...
(If I want to stay mentally healthy, productive, and have an active life).

I'll be mixing some stuff from Gnux's version and BoyBoyz's version as the base for his .sff, .air and .snd file.
I'm pretty sure I'll use my Q as the template for the rest of the code.

Once the .sff, .air and .snd files are complete, I can finally start working on the code.

I want to make him as visually stunning as possible (OF COURSE!), haha.

But... since I have so little time, I think I better upload the other updates instead of starting the work for Broly already, right?
The only problem is... only 1.1 Dan has been updated.
I mean I guess I CAN update 1.0 Dan too...

Well guess that IS what I'll be doing tomorrow.
It shouldn't take me long to apply the changes for 1.0 Dan.
I think it'll be easier if I just "convert" the 1.1 Dan into 1.0, lmao.
Since there are way too many changes to apply them individually...

Well anyway, I might, PERHAPS make Ken (and by "making" I mean editing Jmorphman's version, lmao) once I'm done with Broly.
I'd give him the MvC GLORIOUS Shinryuuken as a new Lv3, among lots of other stuff.
Plus an Evil mode with Ashura Senkuu, Aerial Shoryuuken, Zankuu Hadouken, Shakunetsu Hadouken and SGS.

Anyway, thank you a lot for being patient, haha.

lui

#31  February 13, 2019, 04:00:50 am
    • USA
Glad I could be of service.

Be sure to use that CS patch made for G-Knux's broly as well
#32  February 13, 2019, 04:41:30 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru

So, you decided to finally make that Evil Ken of yours you started long time ago, huh? Well, glad to hear that.
P.S.: gimme dat Evil Dan!
Re: Mr. Ansatsuken's WIP Thread! (Submit your PALETTES for BROLY/Dan/Dudley here!)
#33  February 13, 2019, 05:28:41 am
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
So, you decided to finally make that Evil Ken of yours you started long time ago, huh? Well, glad to hear that.
P.S.: gimme dat Evil Dan!
Long time no see, Trololo!
Haha, oh hell yeah! I mean I'm not 100% sure if I'll get to make Ken. It all depends on time, time, time...
And about Dan... sorry to make you wait, but I think I'll just upload him once I patch the 1.0 version as well, haha.

But how 'bout I post Broly's palette-template here for now, if any of you is interested? Haha!

Here's the template for BROLY'S palettes!

Re: Mr. Ansatsuken's WIP Thread! (Submit your PALETTES for BROLY/Dan/Dudley here!)
#34  February 13, 2019, 07:55:11 am
oh my! my boy broly pots style! man i cant wait!
#35  February 13, 2019, 02:32:39 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
#36  February 13, 2019, 03:11:24 pm
#37  February 14, 2019, 12:39:50 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
I've done a few palettes before but I've never tried the template stuff.

Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 04:28:11 am by President Devon
#38  February 14, 2019, 07:32:21 am
nice pals! especially the broly movie one!

vyn

#39  February 14, 2019, 08:09:38 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Question, where did you get the sprite rips to make this character??.

lui

#40  February 14, 2019, 09:51:29 am
    • USA
Question, where did you get the sprite rips to make this character??.

They're from the game Dragonball: Extreme Butoden for the 3DS

the original sprite set for this broly was ripped by ploaj from spriter's resource but there's also hoshi's rips (which are better) that can be found here.

The original game has enough sprites for generally a 3-button setup but with sprite edits and additions more buttons can be made possible.

If there's a specific Dragon Ball Exttreme butoden character you would like to see with additional sprites for a 4 or 6-button setup let me know via DM, I still have dev builds of Dragonball vs One Piece that have enough sprite additions and edits for such purpose.

the way he was able to get a 6-button set for this broly was due to various sprite edtis done by BoyBoyz and G-Knux. Most of the sprite edits done to make him 6-buttons were mainly done by G-Knux with Speedster providing the CS job