YesNoOk

Put No limit winmugen back in its original WinMugen state. (Read 13600 times)

Started by C-r-a-v-e-r, March 03, 2019, 08:08:35 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Put No limit winmugen back in its original WinMugen state.
#21  March 07, 2019, 06:33:38 pm
  • Part time Creator!!!
  • Need motivation...
    • Germany
Interesting
#22  March 07, 2019, 07:28:26 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
I would literally pay you money for that mugen for the sake of preservation. I know some people don't understand, but its why things like MAME exist. Why does anyone want to preserve a lame-o McDonalds digital toy etc??? Who want's to preserve a TIGER digital toy??? Stuff like MAME does that. I've paid to preserve before, also physical things as well. It's a nice document into time of the past. Let me know if interested.

The difference here is that you have the same software and features already available in Rouhei's winmugen, so there's nothing relevant to preserve by keeping the original elecbyte version.

And since you brought up the MAME/emulation example. There is no reason to keep archive (for preserving purposes or history facts), bad dumps or incorrect rom sets with wrong CRC checksums. If a rom is badly dumped, as soon as a correct dump exists, no one is keeping the old incorrect roms.
CPS2 emulation scene is no longer keeping or storing the XOR tables when the CPS2 emulation was incomplete, they have been completely removed from the romsets once the encryption was fully cracked/emulated.
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#23  March 07, 2019, 07:34:43 pm
lmao. not even worth it. wow. we're done here.
#24  March 07, 2019, 07:58:52 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
#25  March 07, 2019, 10:24:05 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
my god. what an idiot. No point dealing with these kind of people, right craver?

Oh yeah, call me an idiot and say there's no point in dealing with these kind of people. That's really mature behavior you are displaying, dude.

You have absolutely no idea who I am or what I've done for this community.

And treating people in such manner will not do any favor in case you want to get stuff or information from these kind of people.
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#26  March 07, 2019, 11:33:27 pm
  • Part time Creator!!!
  • Need motivation...
    • Germany
So from my side everything is cool. I respect it. I asked and someone answered. Do you actually know if other people own this mugen version? And no, I'm not going to appeal to her. ;)
#27  March 08, 2019, 01:46:20 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I would literally pay you money for that mugen for the sake of preservation. I know some people don't understand, but its why things like MAME exist. Why does anyone want to preserve a lame-o McDonalds digital toy etc??? Who want's to preserve a TIGER digital toy??? Stuff like MAME does that. I've paid to preserve before, also physical things as well. It's a nice document into time of the past. Let me know if interested.

my god. what an idiot. No point dealing with these kind of people, right craver?

Yeah you are an idiot that shouldnt be dealt with. Maybe approach people with a bit more care and concern instead of trying to rude your way through conversations and they'll be more patient in dealing with you.
Cut that shit out.
#28  March 08, 2019, 04:05:50 am
    • USA

Yeah you are an idiot that shouldnt be dealt with. Maybe approach people with a bit more care and concern instead of trying to rude your way through conversations and they'll be more patient in dealing with you.
Cut that shit out.

shut the fuck up lowlife

people who selflessly preserve bit accurate digital data are heroes and a lowly forum trash like you has no saying on the matter, what they accomplish is beyond your grasp, you're much like a worm unable to see the sun light, so shut the fuck up and know your place piece of shit
#29  March 08, 2019, 04:10:03 am
  • "Get up, it's too early for you to be defeated!!"
    • New Zealand
    • EthanHoppe053@gmail.com
I'm so glad the real heroes are here to insult people and be toxic :)
Hardcore Palette and Color Separation enthusiast
#30  March 08, 2019, 04:14:36 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
My favorite heroes are the ones that go around being insulting to admins
#31  March 08, 2019, 04:16:24 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
shut the fuck up lowlife

people who selflessly preserve bit accurate digital data are heroes and a lowly forum trash like you has no saying on the matter, what they accomplish is beyond your grasp, you're much like a worm unable to see the sun light, so shut the fuck up and know your place piece of shit
This seems unnecessarily harsh. I'm gonna give you some time to think about all this, alone and by yourself.

Because I'm gonna ban you.
#32  March 08, 2019, 04:17:28 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
Makes on question what a "hero" truly is when they're being the most antagonistic party in the situation.
#33  March 08, 2019, 03:46:03 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yeah, totally makes the other guys who also have the files feel like helping.
#34  March 08, 2019, 03:54:18 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet

I would actually love to have this too because I'm some kind of file hoarder. Seeing as it clearly says "DISTRIBUTION STRICTLY PROHIBITED", I know I am not meant to have it. Even if it was leaked.

I'm glad to see it's survived after all these years. If nothing else it's a cool keep sake for those that helped in the beginning.
#35  March 08, 2019, 05:01:17 pm
  • That guy that lives behind your house.
    • Canada
shut the fuck up lowlife

This seems unnecessarily harsh. I'm gonna give you some time to think about all this, alone and by yourself.

Because I'm gonna ban you.

His only post on this forum was this exact comment. Ten bucks this dude is a sockpuppet of junkerde...
tyrannosaurus: we’re all gonna die!
triceratops: oh my god i never got to say sorry to my wife, my kids are all the way in the east sleeping in their nest and i wont even be able to see them one last time...god damn it! FUCK THIS WORLD! Why is god so cruel? Why did he do this to me? I regret so much, i lived for so long but I never did anything of meaning with my life, i treated my wife and kids like shit and wasted my years away at a school to get a job i dont even like, to make money to sustain a life a dont enjoy! IM SO SORRY CAROL! GOODBYE, KIDS! FUCK THIS GAY EARTH!
#36  March 08, 2019, 05:17:58 pm
  • Part time Creator!!!
  • Need motivation...
    • Germany

I would actually love to have this too because I'm some kind of file hoarder. Seeing as it clearly says "DISTRIBUTION STRICTLY PROHIBITED", I know I am not meant to have it. Even if it was leaked.

I'm glad to see it's survived after all these years. If nothing else it's a cool keep sake for those that helped in the beginning.

ME TO. :D

true words. ;)
#37  November 01, 2020, 09:58:35 am
  • Part time Creator!!!
  • Need motivation...
    • Germany
@XGargoyle

can you also take a screenshot of what is in the data folder?

thanks in advance!  ;D
Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 11:14:54 am by C-r-a-v-e-r
#38  November 01, 2020, 10:51:04 am
@Gacel: recently uploaded it. Here is the original message:

Maybe nobody cares about this but whatever.
Here is a archive containing the first leaked versions of WinMugen:

WinMugenLeaks.zip
5.89 MB
[23:50]
Both the original leak by the Brazilian group ELECBYTE1 and the 2 original versions of the No-Limit patch by the Japanese user Rouhei.
The limited version (With limited play time and 2 char limit) had no other active mirror on the internet.

I found these in my old HDD.
This thing was lost media until today

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/233345562261323776/758807533091160084/WinMugenLeaks.zip
#39  November 01, 2020, 11:10:34 am
  • Part time Creator!!!
  • Need motivation...
    • Germany
Oh thank you. the only thing missing is the original original version of Elecbyte  ;D
Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 11:20:09 am by C-r-a-v-e-r