YesNoOk

Mighty Street Fighter (Formerly SF2Nes) (Read 150862 times)

Started by Cobra Caddie, December 11, 2018, 09:19:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mighty Street Fighter (Formerly SF2Nes)
#61  March 19, 2019, 04:20:11 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
I think it's crazy that people made edits of SF2Nes, I really had no idea about this. Pretty flattering. Not really a fan of how they did the sprites though.

I like how I did my concept sprites for the Fatal Fury characters, though they're incomplete. There was more than just resizing, I edited every single one of those sprites to try and fit the style of SF2Nes. What I'd do differently now would be to complete their recoloring, and I'd probably make their heads bigger. To compare, here is how a "finished" version of Terry ended up compared to the low contrast concept.

Concept vs finsihed:
->

Good luck with your edit!
Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 10:59:29 am by Cobra Caddie
#62  March 19, 2019, 06:34:49 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
yeah, if anything theyre a part of your development history now. since i do archival of fighting games, im gonna track down and save the edits.
#63  March 22, 2019, 09:23:27 pm
    • USA
Those character sprites aren't done, but I did some concepts that were very easy to make that are edits from the GBA games. They'll be a lot easier than Mike's sprites cause his require way more heavy edits. That's how I made Fei Long sprites too, they're SFA3 GBA sprites edited. Cammy's though is from SSF2TR cause I like that outfit better than her Alpha sprites.
Honestly, I perfer Cammy's SFA3 outfit.

I edited a stage from World Heroes 2 chun li. I don't have a picture of it yet since I don't know how to put pictures on here. I edited the colors like how you did for the stages. Would you be interested in it?

Edit: I also made an edit which added characters from the bootleg NES game Kart Fighter and I have plans to do one with Tekken.
#64  March 22, 2019, 11:21:01 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
#65  April 23, 2019, 09:53:38 pm
    • USA
I know that Ryu, Ken, Chun li, Dhalsim, Blanka, Sagat,  Vega, and M. Bison and their stages came from Street Fighter 3 NES and E Honda comes from street blaster and Mike Haggar comes from World Heroes 2. Where does Zangief, his stage, Balrog, his stage, E Honda stage, Mike Haggar stage, and the people in the background come from?
Also, How's Mike going?
#66  April 24, 2019, 04:44:42 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Balrog's stage, Haggar's stage, and Honda's stage were made by me(I really wanna remake Rog's so I think I will). The Andore's were edits of Andore sprites from SFA2. I forget where Rog and Gief are from, they were ripped and edited by other people.

Mike's progress has stalled because of burn out and the amount of effort it takes for me to draw the sprites. Don't really wanna give a new time estimate because I'm afraid I'll delay it. Thankfully though when I get over that hill the other characters will only be edited sprites.

Thank you for asking!

9mb

#67  April 24, 2019, 05:59:29 am
I am Chinese!打倒一切洋奴,慕洋犬和港台毒!
Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 06:08:06 am by 9mb
#68  April 24, 2019, 08:29:00 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
That's really cool, but honestly I was never very into SamSho. Besides I'd wanna finish a big project before starting something new instead of having like 20 different WIPs like I used to. :P

9mb

#69  April 24, 2019, 02:37:14 pm
That's really cool, but honestly I was never very into SamSho. Besides I'd wanna finish a big project before starting something new instead of having like 20 different WIPs like I used to. :P
yes,Maybe it's better to concentrate on doing one thing.
I am Chinese!打倒一切洋奴,慕洋犬和港台毒!
#70  April 24, 2019, 05:23:55 pm
  • Why,
Samurai Shodown mugen edition 2018 ... but seems at like mugen´s 8 bit...?
and there also dos mugen of it.
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#71  April 25, 2019, 04:00:34 am
    • USA
Balrog's stage, Haggar's stage, and Honda's stage were made by me(I really wanna remake Rog's so I think I will). The Andore's were edits of Andore sprites from SFA2.

I also want to know where the people in the background of Balrog, Ken, M. Bison, Vega, Guile, and Blanka's stage came from?

Also, I perfer Dhalsim's old stage since lt looked nicer than the new one.
#72  April 25, 2019, 04:33:03 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
I put those in. Most of them were edits from various ports of Street Fighter 2.
#73  June 20, 2019, 10:32:38 pm
    • USA
How's the game going? Any updated roster?
#74  June 22, 2019, 04:25:47 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Haven't worked on it for a bit. I'll post an update when I'm back into the project again. I have some vacation time next week so I'll try and work on it then.
#75  July 31, 2019, 06:43:35 pm
    • USA
Just noticed, how did you get some of the midis to sound close to the SNES sound tracks?
#76  August 01, 2019, 03:14:31 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
It was a lot of work. I like using as much of my own rips and programming as possible so I ripped the spc sound files from the SNES games. Then I used a tool called SPC2Midi to convert them to midi. The hard part is that program doesn't automatically use the correct instruments, so I had to select from a huge list of instruments until I found ones that were close to the SNES ones. Then I had to loop the midi as best as I possibly code.

The mp3s and adx files for the game were done similarly using the spc files, the big different being not having to select the instruments to convert them. Also, I manually looped the adx files using their time codes and a program that let me exactly line up the soundwaves from one point of the song to another. Every adx I made for my mugen stages had perfect loops.

Btw the only reason I did any of that is because the original version of the game was in winmugen and the co-creator's computer couldn't play mp3s/adx files in winmugen for some reason.  So I made midis :P

Edit: Thought I'd throw this in here cause of the new roster leak for SFV:

Spoiler: spoilers for SFV and Mighty Street Fighter (click to see content)
Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 03:40:28 am by Cobra Caddie
#77  August 02, 2019, 06:20:05 pm
    • Zimbabwe
I'm not sure if this is already in the game but you should make 8-bit hit sounds similar to Famicom Fighters
I think it would sound amazing!
#78  November 20, 2019, 05:55:13 pm
    • Italy
News for this game?
#79  November 22, 2019, 04:26:28 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Thank you for showing interest, I haven't worked on it much. I think about working on it way more often than I do so I'm gonna try to get on a schedule and stick to it. I'll let yall know when there's enough for an update and I'll probably put up a download that has all the new shit I have done.
#80  November 24, 2019, 03:21:22 pm
    • Italy
It would be nice to have the endings at the end