YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 17360249 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle (And sprite fight animations)
#2061  March 20, 2019, 09:54:22 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Eh to both.  Though to be honest, a little more interesting in how the next one will play out.

Spoiler: And on that next fight (click to see content)

As for this fight, is there an Overwatch Lite or something?  Widowmaker's model was unusually not as high-quality as the actual game's model typically is, and I know in DBC they were happy to promote they've moved from animating in whatever prior to Unreal Engine.  Should allow better quality, no?
Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 09:59:51 pm by Long John Killer
#2062  March 20, 2019, 10:21:30 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
For as much as the non-comic reading public views him as a goofy joke hero, Captain Marvel is one of DC's strongest characters.   He's quite often depicted as being near Superman-tier in strength, speed, and ability (probably due to the fact that he was originally conceived as a Superman proxy by Fawcett comics to compete with DC until the rights to the character changed hands.  As Captain Marvel and not Billy Batson, he has literal God level strength, speed, endurance, and intelligence. They don't call him Earth's Mightiest Mortal for nothing.

If they go by their previous episodes research then Shazam should automatically win this one.  Carol already lost one Death Battle against Android 18.  In-universe, Goku is objectively stronger than 18 is.  Goku lost two Death Battles against Superman.  Shazam is near or equal to Superman's level of power.  Therefore by association Shazam should be stronger than Captain Marvel.
#2063  March 20, 2019, 10:27:30 pm
    • USA
Ok, but we know how incredibly piss-poor their Dragon Ball stats can be.  But I guess regardless, going by their stats, being anywhere around Superman's level is ridiculously high.

...WHY he's at that level coming from something as relatively not as special as powers coming from the Greek Gods, nowhere near planetary, I don't get, but hey, whatever, comic books.

I am still wary that by nature of Carol's powers that she's consistently draining Shazam of his immediate head start in the fight though.  Can her absorption be overloaded?  I don't recall them placing a cap on how much she can absorb, that's a fairly good counter to his powers.  And to my knowledge, Shazam's powers are all very....blunt, to put it.  No status effect changes, no traps to lay, nothing exotic, just a heaping load of power behind his blasts and punches.
#2064  March 20, 2019, 10:51:00 pm
    • USA
As far as I've seen their DBZ stats are only "poor" by the standards of DBZ fanboys who start typing out furious rants until their fingers bleed if anyone suggest that literally any character in Dragon Ball isn't strong enough to destroy every other fictional universe at once by sneezing, but that's a discussion that's already been had.

Back to the topic at hand, I don't think Carol can absorb magic.  She absorbs energy, but in those vague nebulous terms that comic books are so fond of using "energy" is still distinct from "magic."  I don't recall if Carol actually has any particular strengths or weaknesses to magic; she's more of a cosmic hero so she doesn't typically deal with the mystical/supernatural type stuff.
#2065  March 20, 2019, 11:04:44 pm
    • USA
Well, it's almost like they continuously get the thing incredibly wrong, so of course people don't shut up about it, but yes, topic closed.  I might be thinking way back to Rogue's episode back in, what, episode 2 or 3, where they reason that Rogue can absorb Wonder Woman's powers. because of the Juggernaut....but then Ben's also said something along the lines of disregard all of season 1, its research is scattershot across a couple of weeks by him alone as well as the animation, and it shows in retrospect.  Carol works on a whole different level than Rogue for different reasons, but I suppose if they'd allow it once for another character it's at least not a new concept to the Marvel universe that energy absorption includes magic.

But as far as Death Battle goes, if they're willing to handwave away Naruto to Bleach's largely different forms of spiritual energies not matching up, then unless we have specific details laying out why or why not something can or can not happen then I think it'd be safe to assume they'll just lump magic energy blasts with all the others.  Only difference would be speed, as they do with lightning blasts originating naturally to, you know, hand blasts.
#2066  March 24, 2019, 08:38:58 pm
    • Germany
I think Shazam will win this Fight Except Captain Marvel turns him back into a Kid, he has Superman levels of Strength and Flash levels of Speed, and they always made a big thing of it if someone is faster like in the Doomstay vs Hulk battle.
#2067  March 24, 2019, 08:49:28 pm
    • USA
Doomsday vs Hulk?  Speed wasn't a deciding factor in Doomsday vs Hulk.  It was an advantage for Doomsday, but overall a pointless detail on the actual matter of debate if Hulk's never-ending strength could overcome Doomsday's equally never-ending defense.  Which they boil down to a fairly silly theory but one that kinda holds up that Hulk's strength comes from a loop of his anger can't subside with his healing factor in place, thus something just needs to hurt enough to counteract it.

But chances are Shazam's faster, yeah.  I don't even follow the guy but just being in the sentence "...compared to Superman" tends to make you stupidly exceedingly well in that stat category.  Didn't know you could force Billy's transformation to revert, though.  Thought it was a more permanent thing that requires the specific voice command from his voice alone, it's not something that, like, a little head trauma could undo.
#2068  March 24, 2019, 11:10:04 pm
    • Germany
Didn't know you could force Billy's transformation to revert, though.  Thought it was a more permanent thing that requires the specific voice command from his voice alone, it's not something that, like, a little head trauma could undo.

It is not the spell that transforms him, the Magic Lighning that hit's him Transforms Billy, He sometimes uses it as a offensive attack, because for other people it is just as hazardous as a regular Lighning but if it gets reflected or Billy Moves in the way of it for some reason and gets hit by it, he Transforms back into his Human Form.

Here a example from the Superman VS Captain Marvel fight from Justice League Unlimited. go to 3:43

I heard he will also turn back into his Human form when he gets hit by a vast amount regular electricity, but I'm not sure if that is true or not.

So I guess the Deathbattle guys could pull a "Carol absorbs his Magic Lighning and can now Shoot Lighnings with the same Magic Powers" at him to turn him back or something like that to make her win.....
Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 11:20:12 pm by Lichtbringer
#2069  March 24, 2019, 11:20:36 pm
    • USA
Again I feel it’s important to point out that in the Marvel universe there is an established canonical difference between cosmic energy like what Captain Marvel deals in and magic.  They are definitively two separate concepts.  And Captain Marvel doesn’t have any history of absorbing or wielding magic.  As much as Death Battle might fudge the numbers here and there or neglect to factor in certain things, they don’t make up stuff that a character never actually did.
#2070  March 26, 2019, 11:22:09 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
They did with giving Android 18 Energy Absorbtion, which she's only had in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 1/2. Android 17 and 18 were new androids with perpetual energy sources, so they didn't require one like Dr.Gero and his earlier creations did.

vyn

#2071  March 26, 2019, 11:32:55 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Skip immediately to 8 minutes and 30 seconds. You won't be disappointed.  :sugoi:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23ROV5iU_dY[/youtube]

can anyone tell me where those batman sprites are from?.
#2072  March 26, 2019, 11:38:04 pm
    • USA
They did with giving Android 18 Energy Absorbtion, which she's only had in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 1/2. Android 17 and 18 were new androids with perpetual energy sources, so they didn't require one like Dr.Gero and his earlier creations did.

At the very least it's still something that the character demonstrated in officially released material.  Yes they fucked up by factoring it as one of her source canon abilities, but it's not like they said "18 would win if she could do this thing, so let's just say that she can."

:Edit:  Promo for Ms. Captain Warbinary

Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 02:42:37 am by Person Man
#2073  April 03, 2019, 06:11:59 am
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
not a death battle but still pretty dope

#2074  April 04, 2019, 02:35:59 am
    • USA
Sinbad

They kinda undersold it here, but the Wisdom of Solomon letting him instantly know anything he wants at any time seems crazy overpowered in a DB scenario.  He could automatically know all of Captain Marvel's abilities and all of her weaknesses.  He's more than equipped to handle anything she throws at him, with Superman-tier strength and near omniscience.  If Shazam doesn't win this one by a landslide I'm calling shenanigans.
Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 02:39:19 am by Person Man
#2075  April 04, 2019, 03:27:17 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I agree, there aren't many beings in Marvel that can really go toe to toe with DC's best. Everyone at this point knows DC's universe is full of strong beings.
#2076  April 10, 2019, 07:19:28 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Death Battle is up.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#2077  April 10, 2019, 10:27:28 pm
    • USA
This is weird.  The episode described why one side would win, while showcasing why the other one would.

Spoiler: So yeah, this fight (click to see content)

Next fight was so close to getting it right, almost the right combatants.  Just swap Wario for K. Rool.
#2078  April 11, 2019, 12:49:38 am
    • USA
This is weird.  The episode described why one side would win, while showcasing why the other one would.

Spoiler: So yeah, this fight (click to see content)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Next fight skews heavily in Wario's favor.  Going by the Wario Land games the dude is practically immortal; hit him with most anything and it doesn't hurt, it just gives him a weird power-up until he gets hit with something else.
#2079  April 11, 2019, 03:47:44 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
You can get burnt to a pile of ash in Shake Dimension/Shake It!! but then shrug it off like it was nothing. I know Dedede's a comically durable guy in a similar vein to Bowser, but Wario is canonically shown to be practically immortal and hella strong.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#2080  April 11, 2019, 12:04:08 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Next fight was so close to getting it right, almost the right combatants.  Just swap Wario for K. Rool.

I think they're going for greedy big eaters in this one. Besides, Wario has a lot more feats to pull from, plus they can compare him to Mario.

Wario's insane, but don't forget that Dedede lives in a world that constantly gets visited by eldritch abominations and he has lent Kirby a hand in his adventures from time to time.