YesNoOk

SF3 Juri (Read 108467 times)

Started by DelusionTrim, December 28, 2016, 07:55:02 am
Share this topic:
Re: SF3 Juri
#61  December 05, 2018, 03:12:33 am
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
So I haven't posted in here for over a year, not to get too much into it but due to irl things that I had to work out it it wasn't until the end of the last semester that I could get back on track. I also haven't been posting much on mfg even after all that stuff because I went to the Discord server and havent really checked here as much as I used to.

Also as of a couple months ago, I made a twitter account! So if you're interested in following my works there here is the link: https://twitter.com/Relusion3

So with that out of the way, here is progress so far on the Juri sprites:

Forward walk:

Standing normals (LP, LK, MP, MK, HP respectively):

Special effects (from SFV):

Obviously some cleaning will be needed in those, especially LK store release, the second Pinwheel and Super.

Also to keep up a more steady progress, I've decided to first flatshade all the frames of the animation, then move on to something else and do the same... Idk at what point I'll get to do a complete shade on all the animations, but doing this way feels much faster and less tiring than the way I used to do before which was to complete every frame of an animation first.

I'm thinking of making other basic movement sprites after I finish her SFV standing normals (only standing HK is left so it will likely be soon), then maybe move on to get hits I guess heh :megusta:
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#62  December 05, 2018, 03:51:02 am
  • Niigasan
Gorgeous work
#63  December 05, 2018, 04:46:20 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Those animations and FX look amazing! :mwhoa:
Thank you for keeping the beauty of 2-D sprites alive!  :bigcry:
#64  December 05, 2018, 05:05:58 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Man, that sprites looks godlike.. Sorry for asking that, but are these effects close-sourced?
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#65  December 05, 2018, 07:29:42 pm
Man, that sprites looks godlike.. Sorry for asking that, but are these effects close-sourced?

Thx!

The effects were directly taken from footage of the game, then some image tricks were done to make them look like this and it took about 30 minutes to complete each of those.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#66  December 05, 2018, 10:54:41 pm
He's just asking if he can use them, talking about closed-source and open-source.
#67  January 23, 2019, 03:43:28 am
  • Palette Maker + 1.1 Stage Conversion Maestro
    • USA
    • xtremeregime.weebly.com
BUMP

Made a couple more palettes for good ol' Juri. While it looks like there's something off with the skeleton, I can assure you that in Fighter Factory, all is in order.

Ash KOF XIII Color 5:

Psycho Crusher White (SFA3 Bison V-ISM K):

Psycho Crusher Blue (SFA3 Bison X-ISM P):
#68  January 28, 2019, 09:43:16 pm
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
Man those FX sprites are gorgeous!
#69  February 06, 2019, 03:00:15 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
My god, so gorgeous sprites, I love them :sweetheart: if I were a better coder, I'd totally convert her as a character without a doubt

As a Juri fanboy (and being a Juri user in SFIV) I totally support this project, I wish you the best of lucks with her and take your time (I was absent all 2018, so i understand you)

At least I can help with some palettes, let me make some for you later ;)

Too late, I made some, I hope you like them ;)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 03:46:22 am by Basara Pilgrim
#70  February 06, 2019, 06:32:28 pm
    • USA
You beat me to it Delusion, Those attacks are real smooth.
Well done, now all you have left is all crouching and jumping attacks, also gethits, also AlphaProtos request for insane ripples on the pants.
I get bored quick especially if i dont see the results in my outlines, glad to see you pushing that quality and animation to pro standards.
Dude, your work is appreciated 
#71  March 20, 2019, 02:31:58 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
amazing to see it going
my pal

Feng Shui Engine OFF

Feng Shui Engine ON
#72  March 23, 2019, 06:38:47 pm
This SFIII model is unbelievable, I imagine how it's hard to finish this Sprite gallery.
Congrats for all your efforts.
#73  May 10, 2019, 08:36:33 pm
So a quick bump to say a couple things:

No the project is not dead, the thing is finding time for it when I'm in college and also when I'm practicing digital and improving anatomy skills, among other things, is really tricky...

Second I've decided to only make her SF4 moveset for the sake of simplicity (normals will still be based off of SFV though, only exceptions being proximity normals as they arent in SFV, and maybe one or two other normal attacks here and there). I'm considering making her SFV moveset but only really after completing this sprite set.

#74  May 31, 2019, 04:22:07 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - andrewdeltabrony74
You are doing good with the palettes that you are adjusting.
Mugen is amazing.