YesNoOk

Maverick Hunter Zero Help: Z Buster function (Read 9250 times)

Started by RedDragonCats17, April 03, 2019, 07:56:59 am
Share this topic:
Re: Maverick Hunter Zero Help: Z Buster function
#41  April 21, 2019, 05:20:47 am
  • Part-Time MUGEN creator
    • USA
    • Skype - reddragoncats17
    • reddragoncats17.weebly.com/
I originally put the commands there because I was using some of the stuff from MegaMan Zero's Omega mode. That's what I was initially going for with the variable, and that's why I needed help with the varset, because in my mind the varset was more complex than the varset in Omega's first shot because it supports more than 1 variable number (150, 100, and so on. The varset in Omega's first shot only supports 1 variable number, which is 150).

Zero does fire the other shots on command. So what's next?
#42  April 21, 2019, 05:37:59 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Lets see if you can explain to me what you've done and why it works.

Then you can say if there is anything else the effect needs that it doesn't do yet

Then you can choose one of the other 3 or 4 things you want to do with this attack and we'll make that function

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#43  April 21, 2019, 07:37:53 am
    • USA
This is going to be interesting. I am no coding professor, so hopefully you understand what I am trying to say.

Originally these were using a variable, but you suggested time, so they use time instead.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

At the end of each of these states, there are 2 changestates.

Code:
[State 0, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = time >= 10 ;This requires you to fire at greater than or equal to 10 ticks.
trigger1 = command = "y" ;This time, you're supposed to press Y, not hold it down.
value = 233

[State 0, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = time >= 30 ;If you just stand around for more than 30 ticks, you'll just go back to 0. This'll leave a 20 tick gap to fire the 2nd shot.
value = 0
ctrl = 1

Why does it work? Because depending on the "level" (if that's what you'll call it), you'll get either 3 shots, 2 shots, or just 1 shot, and you can just fire the shots with a press of a button.

Now the only thing this needs is to be able to fire the other shots at any time. It could be a random time.

Now what are the 3 or 4 things I want to do? Well, I'm pretty sure that you know that I want to bring the variable back. If not, well, I want to bring it back.

The variable serves as a secondary power bar and the numbers represent levels. I have used variables for charge attacks before, and a good lot of them work, but not for this particular case. I guess what we can do is use the other shot states as separate states for separate shots. It may be messy, but at least it's more simple than making a var set that supports more than one variable number, which is what I was initially going for, but now I want to go for the simple route. Originally I wanted to go balls out and just try to do something extremely complicated, but since I did this, I realized that I don't have to do something that complex.

I don't know if you're annoyed because I want to bring the variable back. If you are, then I apologize, I really do. I want to try something that is in my head right now, but I want to see what you have in mind first, since you are the teacher here.

(I'm gonna be honest, I wasn't sure if you were talking about what I did with Omega Zero or Maverick Hunter Zero, so I just went for Maverick Hunter Zero since he's the subject)
#44  April 21, 2019, 07:53:32 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Good enough. Imperfect but good enough. So you want to be able to enter 2 shots or 1 shot with a different command? It can't magically know that you want 2 shots just by entering that state. This all depends on how that works. I need more info.

We will finish this state and then move onto the next thing. Not before we're done.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#45  April 21, 2019, 08:51:59 am
    • USA
The other 2 shots use the same command, which is pressing Y. I'm thinking about making different change states using different variable numbers, similarly to the change states that use time. We could then use a modified version of this:

Code:
 ;This is a var reset I got from fxfrietas. After the shots are fired, the var resets to 0. Instead of making the var reset to 0, depending on the state, we could make the var go down to a certain number.
[State 310, Buster Reset]
type = VarSet
triggerall = command != "hold_y" ; Obvious thing is obvious.
trigger1 = var(3) >= 0 ; This we could change. I don't think it'll make much difference.
trigger2 = numproj != 0 ; I'm not sure why this is here, though. I'll have to look at the source and see if fxfrietas explained what it's for.
var(3) = 0 ; This we're definitely changing. Depending on the state, this number will shoot down to a certain number, like 150 in state 232. 150 will shoot down to state 100, giving use the opportunity to go to state 233.

(Imma be honest again, I got side tracked because a friend texted me about a indie project that I'm making, so I kinda forgot what I was about to say next. My bad)

-----

Hold on, I was wrong about the var reset. It's not that one, it's this one:

Code:
[State 310, Buster Reset]
type = VarSet
triggerall = command != "hold_y" ; Do I need to say it again?
triggerall = var(3) > 0 ; Unlike the var reset, this has to be greater than 0. I don't know if we have to change it or not, that's up to you.
trigger1 = time != 0 ; Like the other one, I'm not sure why this is here.
var(3) = 100 ; This would be perfect for state 232.
ignorehitpause = 1

Odb gave this to me for Omega's double charge shot, and I made it work with another command. Here's a video:

https://streamable.com/x14k4

Using more than one command does sound messy, but it is easier. Also, there is a thread that is similar to this one and my double charge shot thread for Omega Zero, and even N64Mario suggested the same thing.
Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 09:17:28 am by RedDragonCats17
#46  April 21, 2019, 09:53:55 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Ok. So im guessing here but what you are actually doing is saving up 3 shots yes? And if you don't use them the next time you enter the charge up they automatically activate? I need to know if this is correct before we continue

We do need a variable in this situation but it can work in with what we have.

#47  April 21, 2019, 10:20:21 am
    • USA
Yes and no. Yes, I am saving up on 3 shots. No, you can use them at any time. It could be when you're ready fire at a boss. Any time will do. The variable will not reset to 0 automatically or something. It'll only reset to 0 when the last shot is fired, we could use the first var reset for that purpose.

(This is the first time I said yes and no in one sentence.)
Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 10:27:39 am by RedDragonCats17
#48  April 21, 2019, 10:30:35 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Ok so im going to run through how this attack works

You charge up for as many ticks as needed. Once you release a button you enter a state where a shot is fired. If you held on for long enough you can press the button again to fire a second shot. Or you can push nothing and save the second or third shot till later.

If you then push it again after dropping out do you then have to charge to 3 shots again to fire 3 in a row or does it kick you straight into 2 shots with no charging possible OR does 1 level of charge get you up to 3 shots again making further charging pointless. All methods are doable but you need to know what you're going to do. And stop parroting variable when you haven't actually planned anything yet. You're just pasting random code.

#49  April 21, 2019, 11:53:41 am
    • USA
Push it again after dropping out? Like go into a random state while you're in the state, and then push it again? I don't understand that.

If that's the case, then you shouldn't be able do anything else while you're in state 230. This can be a disadvantage, but we're not gonna talk about that now. As for the charge thing, you only need to charge again after you used up all of your shots. You don't go into a random level because of something else, you need to charge again regardless of how many shots you have used up.
#50  April 21, 2019, 11:57:51 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
So. When you charge to 3 and release that shot. How do you use the other 2 shots if you don't push y again. You've said they get used later. Explain that process. That process has a bearing on how you code it. You have to think about what you're trying to do in a logical way. In steps.

#51  April 21, 2019, 12:23:21 pm
    • USA
Alright, let's start from the beginning. You hold Y, you charge your buster up to 3, and you fire your first shot. Once you fire your first shot, you can use the other 2 shots at any time when you press Y. It doesn't matter how long you stand around or how long you're dodging a boss's attacks (it has to a Touhou boss if it's a minute, or you have to be on hard mode), the other shots are not going anywhere. They are staying until you use them. Perhaps they could disappear when a boss kills you, that could make more sense. After you use all of your shots, you charge up again, and use them again.

I hope this is understandable, because again, I'm not a coding professor, and sometimes my explanations are either imperfect, or they make little to no sense at all.
#52  April 21, 2019, 12:38:38 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
You still haven't answered his question.
After you charge up, and fire the first of three shots,
How do you pick if you're going to fire 1 shot, or 2 shots? What are the commands?
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#53  April 21, 2019, 12:50:30 pm
    • USA
You just press Y. And as I said, the shots are not going away until you press Y and use them all up.

-----

"How do you pick if they're going to fire 1 or to shots?" You just fire 1 or 2 shots. There is no magic key to switch fire rates, if that's what you're talking about, you just gotta use the pressing speed of your fingers.
Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 08:38:20 pm by RedDragonCats17
#54  April 21, 2019, 09:34:56 pm
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Fuck me.... look. This is all about how the attack behaves. Can you charge again rather than using the shots or does it instantly use them whe you press y?  You are once again making this hard by being obscure and not explaining things. If its as simple as instantly using at least one of the shots and a choice on using the second we can implement that very simply.

If the attack allows you to charge up again (and if it does please explain how that interacts and if it resets everything)thats also easy but we need to know. I don't g8ve a shit about when or bosses. Just talk about this character and how the ttck behaves.

#55  April 22, 2019, 12:42:49 am
    • USA
It instantly uses them when you press Y.
#56  April 22, 2019, 03:26:05 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Both of them or you tap y to get a second one? Blood out of a stone here.

#57  April 22, 2019, 06:02:51 am
    • USA
You have to tap Y to get the second one.
#58  April 22, 2019, 08:30:44 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Ok. That took ages. Now we can use your variable. In the charge state we do a varset when time = 0 to make sure the variable is always 0 when charge up starts pick whichever var you want as long as nothin else uses it. Before all the changstates we have a varadd

Type = varadd
Trigger1 time 50
Trigger2 time 100
Trigger3 time 150
V = whatever you picked
Value = 1

Do that and nothing else. Use displaytoclipboard to be sure it goes up when it is supposed to. The placement of this code is important. It should reach 3 and go no higher.

Perhaps i can also get you to explain why it only reaches 3 and maybe what you think I'm going to get you to do with it. It has 2 purposes.

#59  April 22, 2019, 09:35:55 am
    • USA
Code:
[State 0, VarAdd]
type = VarAdd
trigger1 = time = 50
trigger2 = time = 100
trigger3 = time = 150
v = 3
value = 1

What's the next step?
#60  April 22, 2019, 10:11:13 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
You diid the varset as well right? And you confirmed that the variable increments as it should?

Can you tell me how you think the variable is going to be used. It gets values of 0 1 2 and 3. How does that fit in with the attack.