Ikemen GO (Read 1221676 times)

Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO Plus
#761  April 30, 2019, 01:38:21 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
PeXXeR and 2Dee4ever, stop arguing.
This is not adding anything positive to the tread.
Please Stop.
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
#762  April 30, 2019, 02:13:46 am
just something for hte future:

In mugen, if you play simul on character select, once your fight is over and you go back to the character select screen, the selection automatically remmebers what charactres you chose and will hover over those characters. In ikemen, it only remembers your 2nd character you chose. Idk if this makes sense or not.
#763  April 30, 2019, 02:24:42 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Yeah it makes sense.
Nice to know.
It wouldn't be too hard to implement.

Also about that projectile bug.
It seems that happens because the Projectile is assigned to the helper not the player.
Just a theory, I will investigate more.

EDIT:

Nope is not that.
Is because the projectile number is incorrectly set to 0 for some reason...
Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 02:41:23 am by Gacel
#764  April 30, 2019, 04:24:55 am
At the beginning of this project, I confess that I did believe it really will work.
When I used the ikemen for the first time I thought it was hard to config, but now I understand everything is in development and there's guys putting their time to find and making it evolve more and new features be enabled.

My pessimistic thoughts were result of several attempts to see Mugen evolve to something better and seeing all anterior engines being discontinued.

But ikemen ever reached a level than no other had got before, now I believe it's the way to Mugen evolve more.

With a positive attitude we can contribute with suggestions and constrictive feedback to point what can be improved.

Good luck for all team involved on this project.
Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 06:01:34 am by Mazemerald.
#765  April 30, 2019, 06:20:22 am
    • Turkey
I found A bug.Gm's gill char doesnt get ressurrected When his gauge full.But he does on mugen.
And cannot hit ducks after hitting them for first time on duck hunt char.
#766  April 30, 2019, 11:44:10 pm
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Interactive stages work by using.
Code:
Attachedchar = <Insert stage char here>
Inside the stage file.
And with it a stage is also his own char so to make the car destroyable the stage could create a car helper that receives damage on hit.
The stage itself has infinite life and recives no damage so it could not be killed and can damage both players so we need to use helpers to make breakable stuff.

Maybe I could make a example of both systems.
Warning the example could have early elecbyte level quality of sprites:

This sounds good, though I'm just curious how this would answer some of my suggestions I made in my post.

• Stage intros: some stages already have this in mugen but with mugen they characters ignore the fact it's happening along with the life bar as well. I want to see them implemented properly.
    Example: https://youtu.be/0asY2HMxc3g?t=10 and a lot of SNK fighting games had this (I'm sure other companies did this as well)
  • Stage Depth and Stage FX: Using KOF as an example again with the Mediterranean stage, the characters start out in the background a bit then jump into the foreground as well their normal landing fx being overidden by the stage. I did see that 2Dee4ever did something similar to this in his full game, but I was thinking upon it just overidding every characters landing fx and such.
    Example: https://youtu.be/zhV11wG9zDY?t=13
  • Breakable walls and platforms: Since you are doing stage interaction, it would be cool to see platforms that the players can stand on and walls that can be broken. (one things for sure with the walls you'd have to make them god press compatible AKA any move that takes you to the corner)
    Examples: https://youtu.be/cBfNVqgYqg0?t=2542 , https://youtu.be/qkSl1toLDUw?t=121 , https://youtu.be/3zs0dy7ieY4?t=106

Also considering that a stage has it's own attached character, maybe you can make special controllers specific to stage characters that would allow said stuff (since this already does answer the question upon how interactive stages will be implemented)
Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 11:47:54 pm by Amidweiz
#767  May 01, 2019, 01:33:51 am
  • MvC Adict!!
    • Argentina
    • marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com
I'll start messing with this new version. I'll experiment with Redhot's stuff. Just to show you an example of things we'd discussed previously.

Yes please, like I said to you in the mvce project topic, the MvC2 akuma that you can download is the same that I use in the vids that I show for the project, so directly you can use that and patch him with the add004pie.
Marvel vs Capcom Extreme (find the MvC2 characters project right here too!):
marvelvscapcomextreme.000webhostapp.com

Follow the project on:
www.instagram.com/marvelvscapcomextreme/
www.youtube.com/c/MarvelvsCapcomExtreme
www.player.me/marvelvscapcomextreme/

I recieved messages of users that want to donate from paypal or patreon, if you consider that this is a nice and very dedicated project, you can donate any amount that you want right here:
www.paypal.me/marianoemeschini
#768  May 01, 2019, 03:55:53 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Hey if you are going to use add004.
You can add it to all chars using statedef -10, -20 and -30 inside the common file.
Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 04:15:35 am by Gacel
#769  May 01, 2019, 11:36:03 am
Why does this new ikemen version have no more animated portraits?

Is possible to implement the full stretch for fullscreen with any resolution?

Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 05:34:49 pm by Mazemerald.
#770  May 01, 2019, 12:04:07 pm
    • South Africa
I may be mistaken but ikemen go plus and ikemen plus (the old one) don't share a line of code at all, so everything has to be rewritten if I remember correctly.
#771  May 01, 2019, 05:52:57 pm
    • USA
Why would you need to use -10 -20 etc? Those are just extra right?
REDHOT, you really should take this advice. All the custom state stuff/FX etc can be added into common stuff. Will exponentially lower your characters file size. I downloaded your other edits to see, I didn’t want your stuff to personally use, for the 3v3 stuff I suggested, you’ll need to heavily customize the tag system & characters. I’ll just use my own for this.

The names etc, you need your own bars/font for this

I hadn’t been keeping up with updates either, I see a lot of things have been moved around/some organizing.

Also you mentioned some of the code already being there for unlocks etc. You can find similar things that were on the roadmap.
#772  May 01, 2019, 06:06:57 pm
Sometimes I have curiosity to know what's the engine and coding used to coded games like STREET FIGHTER ZERO 2 for cps2, considering the game was made in 1996, what kinda engine ever have got so many features and resources in that period?

The elecbyte always released versions very limited.

Is syntax language so limited than almost nothing is possible?

#773  May 01, 2019, 06:26:15 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Ikemen Go lets you use add004 without patching characters using Statedef -10 -20 and common.air file
Can move stage interactions in statedef -2 of characters as well to common1 with this(also move hitboxes to common.air),I forgot which statedef was for cmd and which one was for -2 replacement
Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 06:29:17 pm by Mark85
#774  May 01, 2019, 06:34:51 pm
    • USA
It’s only viable if all characters use same information. Characters with transformations/port changes etc need their own for example. The stage information, I said that a few pages back. I don’t know anyone who uses interactive mugen to the same capacity, but it could always have been done that way.

Without a doubt though, full game? Go this route. The downside to his add004 implementation, the updates, you the user would have to update them yourselves.
Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 06:46:49 pm by 2Dee4ever
#775  May 01, 2019, 09:19:14 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Sometimes I have curiosity to know what's the engine and coding used to coded games like STREET FIGHTER ZERO 2 for cps2, considering the game was made in 1996, what kinda engine ever have got so many features and resources in that period?

The elecbyte always released versions very limited.

Is syntax language so limited than almost nothing is possible?
You have to consider that when making a video game, you're only factoring in what affects that game and can thus code everything specifically, but when making an engine, you have to be as loose as possible so as to consider a variety of scenarios; given how Elecbyte prioritised ease of use and understanding with the CNS language, it's not realistically possible to have an engine that can do everything while having an easy to understand and use coding language, as to make something easy you have to compromise on complexity. IKEMEN does not have the limitations of MUGEN, but as you have stated, it's nowhere near as easy to learn the likes of Lua, S-SIZE, or Go because they're so vast (or in S-SIZE's case, inadequately documented).

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#776  May 01, 2019, 10:05:12 pm
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
was trying to download idk,I only see the exe in github,is rest of folder in source code.zip?
#777  May 01, 2019, 10:09:10 pm
    • South Africa
Download the exe, then click on gacel's fork of ikemen go plus on the same page (titled Ikemen_GO), clone or download the entire fork, finally download the required mugen files mentioned a couple of pages earlier. Download openal if neccasary too.
#778  May 01, 2019, 10:31:50 pm
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Got it working,tho the moment I try to enter video settings its shutting down.
#779  May 01, 2019, 10:33:53 pm
Got it working,tho the moment I try to enter video settings its shutting down.

delete config.json in the data folder, re-open and go to video settings again, it will rebuild a non corrupt one
#780  May 01, 2019, 10:34:09 pm
    • South Africa
That's strange, try deleting the config file and then running it again. Haha we typed the same thing at the same time!