YesNoOk

Mr. Ansatsuken's WIP Thread! (Current project: BROLY! & Chi-Chi?!) (Read 148994 times)

Started by Mr. Ansatsuken, February 08, 2019, 05:30:28 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Out of these characters, what Dragon Ball character should I make next?

Beerus
Raditz
Android 18
Re: Mr. Ansatsuken's WIP Thread! (Current project: BROLY! & Chi-Chi?!)
#121  June 16, 2019, 11:31:20 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
Mugen is about making stuff for the players. NOT for the creators.
No shit you characters are so bad

I'm a little bit concerned about ohgaki not releasing any more originally sprited characters if you release Chi-Chi without his authorization. Please just wait he might be fine about it.
#122  June 16, 2019, 11:33:48 pm
  • RUBY IS NOT CHEAP! RUBY'S JUST FAST!
    • USA
From your profile pic to your manner of speaking, I think you lack an astounding amount of self-awareness. I think I'd have a way more eventful discussion with a brick wall, or even Darkflare.

Either way, I hope you can tone down with that sass. No need to be confrontational. :p
#123  June 16, 2019, 11:44:40 pm
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
    • cornetaneitor@gmail.com
    • ansatsukenmugen.webs.com/

I'm a little bit concerned about ohgaki not releasing any more originally sprited characters if you release Chi-Chi without his authorization. Please just wait he might be fine about it.
Oh snap, when ScrewAttack used my Oni sprites in One Minute Melee without asking me, I felt so broken!
It's alright. I'll wait 1 entire month, even though she's nearly complete.
JUST so the MFG white knights don't cut my head off.

From your profile pic to your manner of speaking, I think you lack an astounding amount of self-awareness. I think I'd have a way more eventful discussion with a brick wall, or even Darkflare.

Either way, I hope you can tone down with that sass. No need to be confrontational. :p
You know, perhaps I DO lack some self-awareness.
Doesn't change the fact that some people are over-reacting.
#124  June 16, 2019, 11:47:02 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
Why wait? If he says yes or no your still going to release her. You have no respect. Lol

DW

#125  June 16, 2019, 11:51:43 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I'm not trying to come down on you, so don't take it that way. Though I would like to give my opinion on this. Mugen is free, yes, though that doesn't give anyone the right to just do what they want. At the end of the day, you can, but I side with the people that respect others' work/wishes. I asked everyone that I used assets from. I was just talking about this with JZ and people in the Discord. This entitlement that people have that just because someone made something for Mugen, it's just w/e goes. Mugen is free, but those sprites didn't just appear. Ohgaki I'm sure worked hard on them. They're very well done and shows lots of care and dedication.

Even if someone did it to you with your works, you should rise above that. Not follow suit. You're also being overly hostile, and that's not gonna bold well. If you're gonna do it regardless, fine. No one can stop you. Though you don't need to be rude about it. IMO you should continue to try and reach out to him, and show the proper respect. Though at the end of the day, it is what it is.
#126  June 16, 2019, 11:57:06 pm
    • Canada

It would be kind of funny if that's all it took for Ohgaki to stop releasing his pedobait originally sprited characters.

I couldn't care less if he flips his shit over an edit. You should be more concerned with the fact you want to attach your name to... that. Like am I taking crazy pills here? am I the only one that thinks that shit is super fucking creepy?

But seriously I'm pretty sure that having Ohgakis Chi-Chi on your hard drive counts as a felony in my country.
#127  June 17, 2019, 12:01:00 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I think it’s pretty disrespectful. You’re asking if you can do something, knowing you will release it either way. That’s a dick move plan and simple.

Maybe I’m old school but I respect creators wishes.
Well excuse me, princess.

You're making it sound like I had any other options lol.
There's quite literally no other sprite-set for Chi-Chi out there.
So using his sprites was inevitable.

If you don't want your sprites to be used for another Mugen character, you shouldn't be making Mugen characters. Period.
Anyway, he's probably not a whinny little snowflake, and will understand that I'm making this character for thousands of people.

You DO realize I'm not making this for myself, don't you?
I'm givin' him a month to reply y'know.
If I'll release it anyway, it's because I care for the enjoyment of the players, over anything else.

Anywaw, oh, I'm so sorry for giving you something for free!
Jesus Christ people :mlol:

Thats ridiculous, you are being pretty ridiculous.

Ofcourse you are making the character for yourself, no one is putting a gun to your head and going "Hey you crazy bint, start converting this extra creepy chichi into a new version right now or we shoot yer mam" .
You cant really throw around that ridiculou sof an excuse as "Im doing this for thousands of people, oh woe is me, the poor poor ole me,  i was pratically shoved , shoved into this!"

You are making yourself look ridiculous with the attempts to suck yourself off over being a martyr.
#128  June 17, 2019, 12:04:21 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
you cant come up with better poetry than a guy with a pepe avatar calling people whiny little snowflakes and white knights when they tell him he shouldnt release an edit of character without permission

buddy, if you were gonna release it with or without his permission, why even mention it here? i can only think of one reason and that is manufactured drama over the release of the character. maybe people would have found out anyways, but its clear you want the attention, which is why you're choosing to have back and forths with people saying common sense things like "its kind of an asshole move to release a character from an author who doesn't want unauthorized edits."

yeah, its true, we can't enforce that sort of "creator" rule, but people here are telling you this because they want to respect the WISHES of the creator. something you obviously dont care about, since you believe you're doing such a magnanimous service releasing an edit of a risque, loli character with overblown unfitting graphics and generic "PoTS" gameplay. you came here and picked this fight, and sassed everyone who answered your tone deaf question. and youre acting like the victim now. the snowflake you were just talking about. humble yourself, dude.

EDIT: while im here, ohgaki is disgusting and his art is disgusting
Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 12:08:52 am by Umezono
#129  June 17, 2019, 12:08:47 am
  • "Get up, it's too early for you to be defeated!!"
    • New Zealand
    • EthanHoppe053@gmail.com
I couldn't care less if he flips his shit over an edit. You should be more concerned with the fact you want to attach your name to... that. Like am I taking crazy pills here? am I the only one that thinks that shit is super fucking creepy?

But seriously I'm pretty sure that having Ohgakis Chi-Chi on your hard drive counts as a felony in my country.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one
Hardcore Palette and Color Separation enthusiast
#130  June 17, 2019, 12:25:31 am
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
Why wait? If he says yes or no your still going to release her. You have no respect. Lol
Bold of you to assume I care about your opinion, dude.

I'm not trying to come down on you, so don't take it that way. Though I would like to give my opinion on this. Mugen is free, yes, though that doesn't give anyone the right to just do what they want. At the end of the day, you can, but I side with the people that respect others' work/wishes. I asked everyone that I used assets from. I was just talking about this with JZ and people in the Discord. This entitlement that people have that just because someone made something for Mugen, it's just w/e goes. Mugen is free, but those sprites didn't just appear. Ohgaki I'm sure worked hard on them. They're very well done and shows lots of care and dedication.

Even if someone did it to you with your works, you should rise above that. Not follow suit. You're also being overly hostile, and that's not gonna bold well. If you're gonna do it regardless, fine. No one can stop you. Though you don't need to be rude about it. IMO you should continue to try and reach out to him, and show the proper respect. Though at the end of the day, it is what it is.
Thank you so much, DivineWolf.
Yes, I'll keep trying to contact the dude. Although I'm not sure if he understands English well enough.
And yes, there was a surprising amount of dedication that went into those sprites.
Speaking of English, the truth is, English is not my primary language. And if I sound rude, believe it or not, it's not my intention.
Perhaps I could have picked better words, but oh well...

Thats ridiculous, you are being pretty ridiculous.

Ofcourse you are making the character for yourself, no one is putting a gun to your head and going "Hey you crazy bint, start converting this extra creepy chichi into a new version right now or we shoot yer mam" .
You cant really throw around that ridiculou sof an excuse as "Im doing this for thousands of people, oh woe is me, the poor poor ole me,  i was pratically shoved , shoved into this!"

You are making yourself look ridiculous with the attempts to suck yourself off over being a martyr.
Well, maybe you didn't understand what I meant, probably because I worded it poorly.
My eyes hurt whenever I look at ANY screen.
If I keep making Mugen characters, it's because I like to give the players something to have fun with.
I could be working out, or reading some books, but instead I'm spending a good amount of my free time into making Mugen characters, not for me, but for you.
(Or perhaps not you necessarily, but you know... the players).

Sorry again if I come off as rude, such was not my intention.

you cant come up with better poetry than a guy with a pepe avatar calling people whiny little snowflakes and white knights when they tell him he shouldnt release an edit of character without permission

buddy, if you were gonna release it with or without his permission, why even mention it here? i can only think of one reason and that is manufactured drama over the release of the character. maybe people would have found out anyways, but its clear you want the attention, which is why you're choosing to have back and forths with people saying common sense things like "its kind of an asshole move to release a character from an author who doesn't want unauthorized edits."

yeah, its true, we can't enforce that sort of "creator" rule, but people here are telling you this because they want to respect the WISHES of the creator. something you obviously dont care about, since you believe you're doing such a magnanimous service releasing an edit of a risque, loli character with overblown unfitting graphics and generic "PoTS" gameplay. you came here and picked this fight, and sassed everyone who answered your tone deaf question. and youre acting like the victim now. the snowflake you were just talking about. humble yourself, dude.

EDIT: while im here, ohgaki is disgusting and his art is disgusting
Did you seriously just come up with a conspiracy theory on why I told you that Ohgaki said "Unauthorized edits are prohibited"?
I just wanted to give you a reason on why I won't release her yet.
That was all. I guess I shouldn't have mentioned it, but I thought it was better if I gave you a reason why I'll probably release it on July. Jesus...
#131  June 17, 2019, 12:31:27 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Well, I suppose these problems happen when someone's strict about the use of their creations.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#132  June 17, 2019, 12:32:50 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Its not a conspiracy when its fully obvious. There was no reason for you to start this conversation if you weren't gonna respect what was being said. Its just transparent attention seeking.
#133  June 17, 2019, 12:33:06 am
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
It would be kind of funny if that's all it took for Ohgaki to stop releasing his pedobait originally sprited characters.

This should not be a thread about ohgaki producing pedo bait but whatever

1.-Not everything from him is pedo bait. His Kaede is fine (both versions), Goddess Athena, and Cham-Cham are sexualized in source.
2.-Chi-Chi is creepy and sexualized in the manga too. I'm not gonna pretend as ohgaki didn't accentuate on that but I don't think it's a felony to have a Dragon Ball volume in Canada.
#134  June 17, 2019, 12:33:59 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Ohgaki's sprites are VERY well done, I wish I had his talent. Except that pedo thing, which is pretty disgusting.

You're being an asshole with your replies to other people.   Ink is another top notch spriter and you calling him 'princess', then white knights to the fellows of th MFG.

Someone stole your Oni sprites? Someone stole my Viper's sprites and then I wrote back to the guy and now everything is alrighg, peace here and there and etc. But with your responses, you're being a sapo qliao y la ctm. Is this way how you say in Chilean? Hope I made myself clear, wn.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#135  June 17, 2019, 12:42:10 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares

Well fuck you too.

BTW, this whole creator's rights mentality is the reason why the community was considered elitist and toxic nearly a decade ago and I would like to believe we've grown past that point.
#136  June 17, 2019, 12:54:41 am
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile

This, lmao.
Yesterday when I was walking down the street with a friend of mine, I told him "Hey! I'm also working on Chi-Chi now! She's nearly finished!"
His immediate reply was "I'm gonna send you to jail, you pedophile!", lmao.

And... yeah.
The sprite work here is surprisingly well done, but what is even more surprising --even creepy-- is how sexualized his sprites are.
I mean, SHE'S LESS THAN 3 YEARS OLD IN THE ORIGINAL DB!

And that wouldn't be that much of an issue, if it wasn't because Ohgaki took the time to make HUNDREDS of sprites of Chi-Chi with her ass and vag exposed.
Like what the actual fuck?!

Anyway, I don't think he'll stop making degenerate art over my version of Chi-Chi.
Why tf would he? lmao

Well, I suppose these problems happen when someone's strict about the use of their creations.
I suppose so. Which is rather funny tbh.

Its not a conspiracy when its fully obvious. There was no reason for you to start this conversation if you weren't gonna respect what was being said. Its just transparent attention seeking.
Mind you. I'm a 20 year old dude who has better stuff to do than "seeking attention". Oh come on.

This should not be a thread about ohgaki producing pedo bait but whatever

1.-Not everything from him is pedo bait. His Kaede is fine (both versions), Goddess Athena, and Cham-Cham are sexualized in source.
2.-Chi-Chi is creepy and sexualized in the manga too. I'm not gonna pretend as ohgaki didn't accentuate on that but I don't think it's a felony to have a Dragon Ball volume in Canada.
Chi-Chi's design IS sexualized in the manga. However SHE DOESN'T HAVE HER PUSSY EXPOSED AT ALL TIMES.
The chichi_ero.sff of Ohgaki's ChiChi does.

Ohgaki's sprites are VERY well done, I wish I had his talent. Except that pedo thing, which is pretty disgusting.

You're being an asshole with your replies to other people.   Ink is another top notch spriter and you calling him 'princess', then white knights to the fellows of th MFG.

Someone stole your Oni sprites? Someone stole my Viper's sprites and then I wrote back to the guy and now everything is alrighg, peace here and there and etc. But with your responses, you're being a sapo qliao y la ctm. Is this way how you say in Chilean? Hope I made myself clear, wn.
Do you realize that I didn't really call him a princess? I was simply quoting Link lol.
I thought anyone would get the Zelda reference, but meh.
And yeah, I agree with ya. His spritework is amazing. His... uh... pedo stuff... isn't.
Then again, sorry if I sound rude, my English isn't good enough and so... sometimes I'm not aware that I MAY be offending someone.

BTW, this whole creator's rights mentality is the reason why the community was considered elitist and toxic nearly a decade ago and I would like to believe we've grown past that point.
This.
Anyway I hope we can all forget about it and simply wait a month for the spriter to respond, right? Alright.
#137  June 17, 2019, 12:57:41 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
I mean as long as you have given credit to the author of sprites then that's fine right? Or does it still count as an unauthorized edit for using the sprites?
Penguinz0 said:
"Oh its all happening! Everything that's ever existed is happening at once!"
#138  June 17, 2019, 01:01:54 am
    • Canada

I didn't say anything about the manga at all did I? Otherwise our laws are super strict about anything like that, but lets not derail everything by going down that road.

What's abundantly clear is that Mr. Ansatsuken is going to release that character regardless, and from all the meme bullshit he obviously gets off on the negative attention he is getting. Frankly I feel he is in the right to do so, because this isn't 2009 anymore, and the guild was supposed to be the place to escape from all that closed sourced bullshit. As long as he credits the appropriate parties, then go for it.
#139  June 17, 2019, 01:02:46 am
Oh snap, when ScrewAttack used my Oni sprites in One Minute Melee without asking me, I felt so broken!
It's alright. I'll wait 1 entire month, even though she's nearly complete.
JUST so the MFG white knights don't cut my head off.

While waiting for one entire month, why don't you start Ken now? :gouki:

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#140  June 17, 2019, 01:03:14 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
@reddbrink: There is no actual rule about this, and its not something we enforce. Crediting is always encouraged regardless