YesNoOk

Dxwho Sprite Packs Part 2 (Read 220579 times)

Started by dxwho, April 05, 2018, 12:20:41 am
Share this topic:
Re: Dxwho Sprite Packs Part 2
#61  July 08, 2019, 12:54:49 am
  • I'm a llama!
You don't actually need the game. I have all the sprites of each character ripped from the games "bik" video files. The sprites just need some modifications (to remove that "halo" which surrounds the sprites) which I can show you how to do.
Let me know who you want to rip first. Then I'll send you half the sprites via PM (with the instructions on how to "fix" them) and I'll take care of the other half. Since each character has a few thousand sprites it shouldn't take too long.........     ::)
#62  July 08, 2019, 02:05:31 am
    • USA
Alright we can do aphrodite first
#63  July 08, 2019, 03:59:45 am
  • I'm a llama!
Nice! Check your Personal Messages for the link to half of her sprites and a video tutorial to remove the halo.
#64  July 08, 2019, 05:55:00 am
    • USA
Okay so i read the instructions and watched the video and it seems pretty simple, the only thing is my internet has been screwing up lately so i have been getting disconnected and then re connected then disconnected again so i might not be able to get back on for the other sprites until it gets fixed but if you can could you send me the links for all the characters so i can download them all at once while i still have internet and then ill just start working on them offline one at a time. Its probably going to to take a while like you said but i can get it done, oh and once i'm finished with them all should i send them to you through message or post them here?
#65  July 08, 2019, 06:31:32 am
  • I'm a llama!
You should change your internet provider  :neutral:  :yuno: Anyway, lets stick to the original game plan and concentrate on one character at a time. When we are finished with our halves then we can just upload the finished sprites here (you need to have ten posts to be able to send me a personal message anyway). If one person finishes first, he can help the other finish if he wants. Once we've finished one character sprite set and are happy with it, then we can start a new one. At least if I don't hear from you, I'll know why......
Thanks again for teaming up with me for this big project!
#66  July 08, 2019, 07:08:23 am
    • USA
haha anytime, okay so it looks like the aphrodites first half you sent me is already finished so i guess just send me the second half and ill start working on it.
#67  July 08, 2019, 10:29:00 am
  • I'm a llama!
How did you finish so fast? Better upload what you've done so I can take a look at it. I thought it would take you months to finish..... :yikes:
#68  July 08, 2019, 01:50:05 pm
    • USA
Oh no i didn't finish them that fast lol, i was just saying the sprites from Aphrodite you sent me look like they are already finished due to none of them having that greenish halo around them, that's why i asked for the second half, but if there is still something that needs to be done to them just let me know because i did notice a very thin outline but you can barley see it, should i try to get rid of that or just the green halos? p.s sorry for the confusion.
#69  July 08, 2019, 02:42:41 pm
  • I'm a llama!

Yeah. I notice that if you open the sprites in Paint Shop Pro 9 that the halo is not shown (The black background is now 'transparent' and the sprite has semi transparent pixels around the edge). In Paint Shop Pro 7 the background is black and there's that thick halo around the sprite (alpha channel transparency - something or other). The Paint Shop Pro 7 process in the video gives the sprites a nice black outline whereas something similar steps in Paint Shop Pro 9 would give the sprites an annoying white outline. Therefore, I chose the black outline sprites.
#70  July 08, 2019, 03:19:11 pm
  • I'm a llama!
It doesn't matter what paint program is used  as long as the sprites come as seen with Vesta on page 3 (all transparencies removed, thin black outline, and pink background color).  They aren't 100% but I'm happy with the look of those sprites (and can't do any better  :P).
#71  July 08, 2019, 07:20:41 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Here is my contribution for the day:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/5e6aj1
This rar contains all 54 of Aphrodite's finished standing kick#1(has both fullsize/full color rips and resized/256 color rips).
I used PSP7 to get the nice (hardly noticeable) black outline around the sprite and saved them as .pcx
#72  July 09, 2019, 04:59:00 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Well, I've been messing around with the script/batch processing that Paint Shop Pro 9 has and have found that I can quickly convert all of the thousands that Aphrodite has a short amount of time (maybe take a half hour if that)  :o
I'll start converting now and upload the results soon (we lose the black outline but save months of hard work).
#73  July 09, 2019, 08:43:06 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Ok, all of Aphrodite's (thousands of) sprites have been cleaned (took exactly 1 hour   :sugoi:). Check your personal messages for the link.
Here are two pics of Vesta showing how now the sprites have a thin white outline instead of a thin black outline (was the best I could do):

Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 08:55:56 pm by dxwho
#74  July 10, 2019, 02:10:03 am
    • USA
Yeah i had found a faster way to do it as well, i packed all her sprites into sprite sheets then i removed the halo from all of them at once then i used an online sheet cutter to slice them back into individual frames, after that i had planned to use an online file converter to convert the separate frames into pcx since the sprite splitter didn't recognize that specific file but eventually i came across a minor problem of this annoying white halo around the sprites so i haven't posted any of my finished works due to that and i didn't want to post them until they were completely finished with no loose ends.
#75  July 10, 2019, 02:11:30 am
    • USA
Should i use paint pro 9 to help finish the rest or should i continue finishing what i'm working on, and also newb question here but how do i post things to this website?
#76  July 10, 2019, 02:22:37 am
  • I'm a llama!
What I did was real easy in PSP9. I opened the sprite then merged the layers which set the transparent background to white. Then I used the color replacer tool with a threshold of 20 to change the background to pink (and lessen the thickness of the white outline). I tried a threshold of 30 and 40 but noticed on some sprites that a few sprite pixels were affected. That was it, then I saved as pcx.
Finish what your working on. I'd like to see your sprites (could be cleaner than mine?). I upload stuff to "Sendspace" (www.sendspace.com). Then copy the link they give you into a post (very easy)!Other sites have popups and virus/malware crap but sendspace never gives me any issues.
For Pictures, I use Imgur (https://imgur.com). browse to your pic, upload it, take the link then post the link!
#77  July 10, 2019, 04:09:35 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Ok, I've fixed the issue with the transparent pixels around the border of the sprites. In Paint Shop Pro 9 you have to go to file -> export -> png optimizer. This opens up a whole lot of options concerning transparency that I've never seen before. Check out these sweet 100% perfect results:

There is no outline, just correctly colored pixels!
 :yuno:      :yuno:        :yuno:         :yuno:          :yuno:         :yuno:
Expect all Aphrodite's sprites to be finished in about an hour...............

Well, the script/batch file stuff wasn't easy but I used some "trickery" to get it to work. We're cooking with gasoline now!!!!!
Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 07:46:29 pm by dxwho
#78  July 11, 2019, 02:12:28 am
  • I'm a llama!
Aphrodite has been uploaded (check you personal messages for the link). You almost have 10 posts. You'll be able to PM me soon.....
#79  July 11, 2019, 04:39:07 am
    • USA
You can send me Tien wu next since i'm almost finished with Aphrodite its just been hard to get online and cut her sheets and convert the files which are the last two steps i have to do, and if you can paint shop pro 9 as well. By the way your new Aphrodite sprites look amazing.
Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 05:18:24 am by Baligon
#80  July 14, 2019, 11:27:27 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Here is an update for those following the progress of the "Warriors of Elysia" work. I made a script for Paint Shop Pro 9 which fixes the "transparency issues" and in combination with the "batch process" function can fix all of a characters sprites (one folder at a time). The only downside of this is that it takes about four hours to fix the thousands of sprites. It looks like all bugs are now gone (just fixed the final bug which is that the sprites were not being put into correct numerical order when "batch renaming" them).
Here is all thirty-three of Aphrodite's standing animation (cleaned and in proper order) for those wanting to see the progress made:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/cb5ewr