YesNoOk

Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield (Switch) (Read 122129 times)

Started by Kirishima, February 27, 2019, 03:08:36 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield (Switch)
#121  July 10, 2019, 04:12:21 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
They also revealed the winner of the strongest Steel move.
It is known in Japan as Exhaustive Beam or Do-or-die.
 It's a special variant of Mind Blown to an extent and is Duraludon's sig move (Maybe). Single target. 140 BP, 8 PP max but after the attack, Duraludon loses half of its Max HP, meaning if it uses the move after its HP drop to 50% or below (Yellow bar), it'll faint after using the move.

Bet some Trick Room + Leftovers = Atleast 2 pokemon OHKO before dying.
#122  July 10, 2019, 04:49:08 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
However, I don't like how that only Pokemon found in Max Raid battles are capable are Gigantamaxing so this brings a little trouble for people who wanted to breed an excellent Pokemon to Gigantamax.
Hey now, whoa, that's a big detail and cause for concern supposing this dynamax gimmick is not limited solely to the story and raids and is viable in traditional PvP, and if this is the case I seem to have missed this specific statement of dialogue from the news.  This would be a further exclusion against transferred Pokémon, they could not possibly be from a raid if they were transferred from a previous generation thus completely lose the ability to be fully utilized in this game.  A bonus flip off if they somehow manage to include raid Pokémon from Pokémon Go, though, because that'll just sit so well with the already irritated mainline game fans.
#123  July 10, 2019, 04:53:41 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Bet some Trick Room + Leftovers = Atleast 2 pokemon OHKO before dying.

Website says Duraludon can move quite quickly as a result of its light body. Might not mean much, but it implies it's not going to be slow.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#124  July 10, 2019, 05:01:27 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Being only 88 lbs, it may have a decent Speed stat.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#125  July 10, 2019, 05:19:08 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Website says Duraludon can move quite quickly as a result of its light body. Might not mean much, but it implies it's not going to be slow.

I have a feeling he will have PL tier stats that are completely the opposite of Tyranitar´s.

Looking at the Video... Average/Low HP, Good S.Atk, average DEF, Good S.DEF and probably Speed if has less overall damage output.
#126  July 10, 2019, 07:05:25 am
    • USA

I just thought this was interesting....

The TL;DW version, tailwhip and the like are just the Pokemon still lifelessly hopping around.

And speaking of "Hop".... He has an animation directly copy and pasted from Hau.

Higher quality animations, ladies and gentlemen.
#127  July 10, 2019, 07:09:50 am
    • Brazil
Oh, yeah, I saw that, but I was wondering whether I should I post or not, because if I'm not white-knighting for GameFreak or Nintendo and their absolute and proven laziness, I'm too entitled, apparently.
#128  July 10, 2019, 02:29:15 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
You know, if you travel back in time ten years ago and tell the past me that a Pokemon game will be this controversial, I would have laughed it off and called you a weirdo in response.

Seriously though, I would never expected this much complaints and controversy to arise out of a Pokemon game before. I guess eliminating the National Dex must have done something to flip a switch.

I am still in the wait and see mode and staying out of the controversy, although I do think that the act of using a huge wedding-cake Pokemon to defeat a huge dragon-type Pokemon like Garchomp is a funny enough thought that I'll probably do it to defeat other people online. Heck, who knows? Maybe I will become Pokemon World Champion with it and Pikachu on my team.

Although the cynical side of me want to toss in two cents about this entire controversy: I am willing to guess that many of the complainers online, and especially Youtube, are rage-baiting hypocrites and lairs in that they are probably going to get Pokemon Sword and Shield anyway despite the ranting and complaining that they done. While they are free to complain and buy the game at the same time, don't expect me to take them seriously at all unless they are willing to put their money where their mouth is.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#129  July 10, 2019, 04:22:43 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
That's it. I'm buying Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth for Switch.
Those animation are 10 times better compared to Sword and Shield! I hope they don't use the janky translation again.
This is fate.
#130  July 10, 2019, 04:30:15 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
#131  July 10, 2019, 04:36:08 pm
    • Brazil
#132  July 10, 2019, 04:38:17 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Oh... The Pokemon fanbase is sooo peaceful, isn't it?
This is fate.
#133  July 10, 2019, 04:53:17 pm
  • For honor!
Those animation are 10 times better compared to Sword and Shield! I hope they don't use the janky translation again.
Digimon has always had Poke'mon beat when it came to video games and the anime but it could just never match up to Poke'mon's popularity. Though it is interesting to see more eyes open as people want a new monster raising game to pass the time while they wait for gamefreak to get their stuff together and release the more complete ultra/2/gun versions of sword and shield.

Meanwhile, members of the National Dex movement have started a campaign to demand that Junichi Masuda be fired over all of this.

While another member took to Twitter to accuse him of rape.

Seems like a perfectly reasonable and rational reaction to your make-believe animal checklist not being as long as you would have preferred.
All sides of the fanbase except for competitive NU and PU players are insane. Still though, what the actual shit.
Iroha stripped for me
#134  July 10, 2019, 04:54:57 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Digimon has always had Poke'mon beat when it came to video games and the anime but it could just never match up to Poke'mon's popularity. Though it is interesting to see more eyes open as people want a new monster raising game to pass the time while they wait for gamefreak to get their stuff together and release the more complete ultra/2/gun versions of sword and shield.

Meanwhile, members of the National Dex movement have started a campaign to demand that Junichi Masuda be fired over all of this.

While another member took to Twitter to accuse him of rape.

Seems like a perfectly reasonable and rational reaction to your make-believe animal checklist not being as long as you would have preferred.
All sides of the fanbase except for competitive NU and PU players are insane. Still though, what the actual shit.

what about RU :(

i forget if Druddigon is still in RU but when i played it he was and it was a great community
#135  July 10, 2019, 04:59:58 pm
  • For honor!
RU fans are cool too. Like, the lower tiers in general because all we do is chill and throw out witty memes.
Iroha stripped for me
#136  July 10, 2019, 05:54:07 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Man, I know people are really upset about the direction Sw/Sh is going, but the things people are doing right now is god damn dumb and mind boggling. If people don't like it, then don't buy it, people can still speak with their wallets. I'm also miffed about some of the stuff happening, but i'm also excited because some very interesting stuff is going to be in the game as well. I just hope that in the end, we just get an enjoyable game at the end of it all.
#137  July 10, 2019, 06:22:28 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
I was not in favor of the bad decisions that Game Freak made for this game, just as I am not in favor of the way she is behaving, however, some actions are totally depreciable, with no need to be made.

Note: Despite everything, I believe that this whole situation serves to show to Game Freak that the fanbase is not accepting anything more than they do, so I hope that from now on we can see things that really surprise. This is the first franchise game I'm not excited about playing.

Of course the current climate influences, but I did not see anything that was really attractive, because in one way or another, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are still the most complete versions, because in them you can have all Pokémon, Mega-Evolutions , Z-Moves among several other features that sustain the competitive environment.
#138  July 10, 2019, 10:11:23 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#139  July 11, 2019, 12:51:01 am
    • USA
Yeah, because those make 100% of the people who want the National Dex in, right, you complete idiot?
Settle down.

To be fair, both of them are being imbeciles for different reasons.

As for this whole thing.... I actually feel Masuda should step down from Pokemon. Not be fired, he should have his involvement with Gamefreak elsewhere. He's shown multiple times he's out of touch with the Pokemon fanbase. Not just for this, but for other things being axed. Battle Frontier because "Kids don't have the time for it anymore." Or difficulty settings being removed for... no reason.

However, perhaps working full time on new games for Gamefreak, like Town and the like, could help his creative juices flow better. He could be suffering burnout with the Pokemon franchise.

On the other hand... that false accusation is messed up. That person deserves some form of punishment for that. Seriously, false allegations are no laughing matter. Had that person been at least a bit more believable, Masuda's life could have been ruined completely. I hope some form of karma completely screws that person over.... But, then again, there's no such thing as karma.
#140  July 11, 2019, 01:27:16 am
  • For honor!
I do believe Masuda deserves a little bit of flack for outright lying about his first PR statements with the animation and balance stuff but I don't think he should be fired, step down, or get accused of rape (Again. WHAT THE ACTUAL SHIT). I think Poke'mon needs to step down a little. They're vomiting out poke'mon titles every year and this oppressive development schedule is clearly taking a greater and greater toll. Too much growth can weaken a franchise.
Iroha stripped for me