YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 17383125 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle (And sprite fight animations)
#2141  July 17, 2019, 09:07:57 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Ed... ward...

#2142  July 18, 2019, 03:08:41 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
....Edward doesn't manipulate the four classic elements.  I mean, he does, or what he has experience in anyways, but in addition he alters all the natural periodic ones through alchemy.  I think they meant the 4 states of matter?  That or the line had to be altered for the joke to end the mini-rundown here and they rectify what they mean in the full thing.  Still, what odd phrasing.

Also I appreciate people elsewhere discussing the match-up bringing this up.

Acknowledging Order of the Stick is always a plus in my book.
Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 03:15:38 am by Long John Killer
#2143  July 24, 2019, 09:59:14 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Spoiler: This Time on Death Battle (click to see content)

Spoiler: Next Time on Death Battle (click to see content)
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#2144  July 24, 2019, 10:08:16 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
you cant kill ghost rider from what I remember unless you have weapons forged in heaven but then again,ghost rider is based on christianity and yahweh seems connected to it and he is a skyfather like Odin,not sure if this allows Lobo to overpower him.
I dont know much about Lobo,but is he really unkillable? Penance Stare has killled several characters including Thanos at some point,I wonder if they factor that.
#2145  July 24, 2019, 11:27:38 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
That's going to be the big question for the next match: Can Ghost Rider's Penance Stare do any damage to Lobo, let alone kill him?

Lobo is a very strong character. He's gone toe to toe with Superman before and the guy has been thrown out of heaven AND hell. I don't know if there's anything Ghost Rider can do here...
#2146  July 24, 2019, 11:30:20 pm
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
But Lobo cant do anything either unless he has an heavenly weapon,this actually might be a stalemate.
#2147  July 24, 2019, 11:40:46 pm
    • Mexico
Even if it is essentially a stalemate, I’m counting on that good ol’ DB DC bias to give Lobo the win somehow, probably by giving his immortality less limits that GR’s.
#2148  July 25, 2019, 12:00:23 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Lobo was Deadpool before a)there was a deadpool and 2) that Deadpool was even what we would consider nowadays as "Deadpool"

Even down to starting out as a semi-serious character and almost immediately becoming a satire, specifically of Wolverine

Lobo is the smartest person on Czarnia which he demostrated by creating a virus that wiped out his entire race and making himself the last Czarnian (he gets mad if he finds out any other ones are out there, including his own children. It's a branding thing you understand)

He is strong and tough enough to go toe to toe with Superman, he can clone himself at will and (stop me if you've heard this old yarn) regenerate from a pool of blood

He is barred from any afterlife out there (he's so mean that Satan doesn't even want him, brother jack dude)

Most writers ignore this because Keith Giffen was clearly coming from a comedic mindset when he wrote Lobo but they also have done nothing to contradict it in even in recent years, you can see Lobo regenerating from having his head blown up as recently as a few years ago

And that's not even getting into his bike
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#2149  July 25, 2019, 01:23:40 am
    • USA
Next fight's over before it begins.  Not only do you have DC comics batshit bonkers power scaling, but then you add gag character immunity and Lobo's cartoon logic on top of that?  Ghost Rider's so outclassed it's not even funny.
#2150  July 25, 2019, 07:51:32 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
So basically, it's yet another obviously lopsided battle.

ok cool. They really need to do something about picking the most one sided matches.
#2151  July 25, 2019, 05:14:17 pm
    • Mexico
How does Lobo actually kill Ghost Rider though? I’m not talking about Blaze or Ketch, or whichever host, I’m talking about the spirit of vengeance itself (Zarathos I believe?), who is also more than a match for someone like Superman. Seeing as how DB loves doing composites, I’m sure they’ve already thought of the whole host situation. This battle is going to do some reaching when picking the winner.

Also I hope they don’t mention Punisher tanking the Penance Stare because that was just random PIS if anything.
#2152  July 25, 2019, 05:47:45 pm
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
They can use comic books where Worthy Silver Surfer kills Cosmic Ghost Rider with Mjolnir.They probably gonna scale how hard Mjolnir can hit compared to Lobo and if he has feats that are beyond.They will say.he can beat Ghost Rider.Thats a possibility.Second way is comparing Lobo to Yahweh(a skyfather Deity like Odin) and call it the same god thats Been referred on Ghost Rider Comics.
#2153  August 01, 2019, 02:33:02 am
    • USA
Ghostwriter

And Wolf

Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 12:14:31 am by Person Man
#2154  August 12, 2019, 10:12:39 pm
    • UK
Just a reminder that XvX still exists
Season 2 premiere
#2155  August 14, 2019, 09:25:03 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
The Big Battle

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#2156  August 14, 2019, 09:46:15 pm
    • Mexico
That was probably the most ridiculously entertaining DB in a while. Winner makes sense I guess, but this one was one of those “could go either way” things in my opinion so I couldn’t complain as to who ended up winning regardless. I’m just happy we got a fun, non-infuriating death battle for a change.
#2157  August 14, 2019, 09:53:06 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yeah, at the end both of them were op and you really had to dig into the lore to see who could actually win.
#2158  August 14, 2019, 10:40:06 pm
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Called it,Glad they didnt count the time Silver Surfer killed Ghost Rider with Mjolnir,that could have changed the result,if Lobo had enough strength to compare with but glad they didnt use that storyline,sure they mentioned thanos but they didnt even use it. 
#2159  August 15, 2019, 12:53:03 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I'm....not buying it.  An awful lot of scaling off of characters not appearing to be at their best, killing with a move that wouldn't have any effect and assuming quite a bit with that "Death can't take Lobo but other things than Death that can reap immortal souls would" logic.  Gonna add this one to the rest of the pile I disagree with, but hey, it was animated nicely enough.  Was hoping this one would be 3D, but I guess I forgot about the Dragonzord/MechaGodzilla one they previously announced.

Which speaking of which, is our next match.  And both sides I haven't even thought about in, like, 20 years.  So I'm just going to guess MechaGodzilla because it's meant to be a match for Godzilla, who should ridiculously outclass any kaiju the Power Rangers dealt with.
#2160  August 15, 2019, 12:59:02 am
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
But Ghost Rider has killed Thanos with Stare,sure not at the start but eventually and Thanos doesnt feel guilt either so it would work on Lobo too right? I guees
I dont know anything about next match hope its 3D,havent seen one of those in a while