YesNoOk

All Famicom Fighters characters updated (11-28-2019) (Read 10019 times)

Started by KingPepe2010, May 04, 2019, 08:17:21 pm
Share this topic:
All Famicom Fighters characters updated (11-28-2019)
#1  May 04, 2019, 08:17:21 pm
  • too obsessed with NES stuff
    • USA

Samus now has a standalone M.U.G.E.N version! She's scaled up (with a file to resize her back) and comes with a configurable file! She also has received several balance and mechanic changes that will be implemented into the next update of Famicom Fighters!
might as well put this forum about bootleg games here
BGC Forums
Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 07:38:23 pm by KingPepe2010
Re: Samus Aran (Famicom Fighters) released
#2  May 05, 2019, 06:00:16 am
All these characters are very cool, but why do they all have to have these SUPER intrusive power bar/boxes? Look at that thing, look at how much of the screen it covers up and the awful placement. Why? Do you think that looks good? Why would you put it right there covering up so much screen and why does it need a black box around the power bars? Why not make it small in an area that doesn't block the screen? Seriously those power bars/boxes are awful I don't know why anyone makes characters with extra bars or boxes and if so why they make them so intrusive on the screen. My recommendation is to make it small, unobtrusive, without any unneeded aspects like a box around the bars and put it in an area that is mainly unused like either the bottom or top of the screen. If someone uses a screenpack that clashes make it moveable but don't default to be this stupidly large thing in the middle of the screen...I just don't get it, no one wants to look at that thing we want to look at the characters and backgrounds. For the most part I won't even use characters with extra power bars they look awful. I'd love it if you changed it, I can't believe anyone actually likes this formatting. But hey, it's your thing you do you. Otherwise though I love the characters and enjoy what you're doing with them and hope you continue with the project!
#3  May 05, 2019, 08:35:15 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Jeez a paragraph just to talk about the bars.... Love the changes you did with Samus KP, personally I don't mind the bars since I don't really care much about looks. Another thing I might add is that it might be a good idea to give an option for the bars anyway since there are some complaints.
#4  May 05, 2019, 07:26:05 pm
    • USA
I'll look into doing something with the bars. You can already move them around in the Config.txt file though.
BGC Forums
#5  May 05, 2019, 07:30:22 pm
  • Literally the goddamned fun police.
    • Canada
Oh look.
#6  May 08, 2019, 01:44:38 am
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
Congrats on the release of Samus!
A couple of really minor things I think should be addressed:

-When Helpers are disabled, it still takes 3 seconds for the round to actually begin after everyone's intros are finished.
-Stage BGM isn't muted during her round 2 victory pose.
-EDIT: It's hard to notice, but the stage BGM is muted for only a split second when she's KOed. Perhaps mute it for a little longer, or don't mute it at all?

Also, unrelated to Samus, but if you aren't currently busy with another character, I want to give you a reminder to make Simon's BGM stuff consistent with your other characters and fix that Thonolan typo:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

EDIT 2: Just joined the Famicom Fighters Discord, this may be the last time I report something here.
Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 03:58:41 am by Cyborg Sun
#7  May 08, 2019, 11:22:38 pm
    • USA
Update for Samus: http://mcjimmy.net/famicomfighters.html
  • Changes for the standalone version only:
    • The helper bar can now be resized as well as have its background swapped it by a minimalist one. This can be changed in the Config.txt file.
    • Fixed a bug where if the helpers are disabled, the wait during the countdown still remains.
    • Fixed the issue where the stage music wasn't muted when Samus won the match.
BGC Forums
All Famicom Fighters characters updated (7-30-2019)
#8  July 30, 2019, 11:34:33 pm
    • USA
Update for all characters: http://mcjimmy.net/famicomfighters.html
Change list:
BGC Forums
Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 11:37:56 pm by KingPepe2010
Re: All Famicom Fighters characters updated (7-30-2019)
#9  July 31, 2019, 12:39:27 am
Thanks ! downloading asap.
#10  July 31, 2019, 05:26:42 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
Did you update the actual game file as well? The game archive file on your site says it's the 9-15-2018 build still.
#11  July 31, 2019, 07:04:38 am
    • USA
The game file hasn't been updated, only the standalone versions of characters.
BGC Forums
#12  July 31, 2019, 09:33:40 am
    • USA
Okay, thanks for the answer. Can I just download the updated standalone characters and replace them with the ones in the game folder? I only ask because, I sort of remember you saying a while ago that the standalone versions have to be edited to work as a standalone, and I prefer to just play Famicom Fighters as a fullgame. That game is awesome too by the way. Great job and thank you very much for making it.
#13  July 31, 2019, 08:12:00 pm
    • USA
I doubt they would work properly if you tried. I will eventually release an update for the full game that will include these changes. Thank you for the comment though!
BGC Forums
#14  August 01, 2019, 04:37:55 am
    • USA
Alright, thanks again for the reply. I'll just wait for you to update the game file then, but thanks none the less for updating the characters as I'm sure the updates will carry over to the full game. No problem on the compliment either. It's well deserved. I grew up with 90% of the roster, and the way you've made them all play feels modern, but also stills feels like the source material too, it's really cool. The only thing that bummed me out is that Simon is my absolute favorite character, and I suck with him in your game because he uses charge based specials, which I've never been good with, but he's still a great character and a lot of fun, especially to watch while he's destroying me. It just looks cool seeing him go off.
#15  August 18, 2019, 04:25:01 am
    • USA
For those that downloaded the standalone version of Mario, it turns out Mario himself was using outdated files and thus, was busted in several spots. I deeply apologize for somehow missing this and not catching onto it earlier. You can download the fixed Mario on the Famicom Fighters site: http://mcjimmy.net/famicomfighters.html
BGC Forums
#16  November 28, 2019, 08:04:52 pm
    • USA
All standalone characters have been updated to catch up with their FCF selves!
You can download them here: http://mcjimmy.net/famicomfighters.html
Change list:
BGC Forums
Re: All Famicom Fighters characters updated (11-28-2019)
#17  November 30, 2019, 10:31:35 am
    • USA
Thanks for all the updates man, this was a nice surprise to see today. I'm glad to see the fullgame got updated this month as well. I've been a fan of the game for a while, and prefer to play it as the fullgame version. I still can't bust the combos like you do in the demo videos, but knowing they're possible keeps me hooked. Anyways, thanks again.
Re: All Famicom Fighters characters updated (11-28-2019)
#18  December 02, 2019, 06:37:19 am
    • USA
BGC Forums