YesNoOk

Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield (Switch) (Read 125711 times)

Started by Kirishima, February 27, 2019, 03:08:36 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield (Switch)
#181  August 07, 2019, 05:54:19 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
So Zigzagoon went to Kiss member, huh.
Too bad regular Linoone can't evolve.
This is fate.
#182  August 07, 2019, 06:05:16 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
quick question: What's the difference between alolan forms and galarian forms aside from them being religion exclusive?
Galarian forms have exclusive evolutions, apparently.

Yup, I love, love, LOVE the Zigzagoon line to death, and to see them get a variant line AND a new evolution as well....YES. It seems as though there really isn't going to be a "evil" team per se this time around, and they only just want to see Marnie win at any cost. It's a nice reveal video and satisfies that itch for me at least.
#183  August 07, 2019, 06:36:36 pm
    • Brazil
quick question: What's the difference between alolan forms and galarian forms aside from them being religion exclusive?
Galarian forms have exclusive evolutions, apparently.

Yup, I love, love, LOVE the Zigzagoon line to death, and to see them get a variant line AND a new evolution as well....YES. It seems as though there really isn't going to be a "evil" team per se this time around, and they only just want to see Marnie win at any cost. It's a nice reveal video and satisfies that itch for me at least.
Its really a shame that the regular versions aren't getting new forms, some of them likely need it. Regardless, don't be so sure about the evil team, in the Gen 7 games, it felt like Team Skull was the main bad guy at first, but then we found out it was actually the pretty looking group with no "Team" in its name.
#184  August 07, 2019, 07:08:49 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I love Galarian Weezing.  Looks like an industrial revolution-era factory manager.  Very “pip pip cheerio old chap.”

Bede’s giving me hope we’ll finally have an asshole rival again.  Pokémon needs fewer friendly best buddy rivals and more Gary Motherfucking Oak.
#185  August 07, 2019, 07:23:20 pm
    • Brazil
I love Galarian Weezing.  Looks like an industrial revolution-era factory manager.  Very “pip pip cheerio old chap.”

Bede’s giving me hope we’ll finally have an asshole rival again.  Pokémon needs fewer friendly best buddy rivals and more Gary Motherfucking Oak.
I don't think anyone will ever be like Blue was, but yeah, I'm quite tired of the bff rivals as well, Hau's excessive happiness got annoying really quick, and Gladion failed to balance that with his edginess.
#186  August 07, 2019, 07:41:01 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
OMG! I love Obstagoon design!

Tho... Would´ve liked that keeped Gluttony as ability to keep using Belly Drum and Extreme Speed just like with regular Linoone, but with increased bulk and one extra Stab Dark Move due evolution.

Reckless... Yeah no, sounds pointless since Guts + Facade does better{?} and its more easy to pull off with Flame Orb.

But totally a keeper in my book tho! Specialy if someone can learn either Knock Off or Sucker Punch to do mean stuff.
#187  August 07, 2019, 07:43:52 pm
    • Brazil
Wasn't there a list of Galarian forms leaked some time ago? I'd like to check that one, because if it got Weezing and the Zigzagoon line right, we may already know who comes next.
#188  August 08, 2019, 12:07:55 am
    • USA
The Japanese trailer has a new feature that for some reason they didn't see fit to mention in the international one.

Something called Poke Jobs.  Looks like some sort of mechanic where you can rent your squad out as part-timers for EXP and rewards.
#189  August 08, 2019, 02:11:01 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
So the islands you'd send them out to in Sun/Moon under a different name?

Like the new Weezing, but I like the old Weezing plenty already, this is just stupid but the right amount of stupid where it's funny.  Not really impressed with the Zigzagoon line, not entirely sure why, nice idea executed well and I'm a KISS fan, but it's good to have confirmation on one; they're adding new evolutions to previous lines and two; the regional forms will not be limited to generation 1 again.  Music shown off this trailer sounds very Kirby-esque, odd choice but sure, why not.  I like the consistency with Team Skull again with Team Yell using Nest Balls to imply they're not good enough trainers to catch anything beyond weak pokemon.

Morpeko feels...incomplete.  Its natural state is split half and half light and dark, and the form change only showed the dark half.  Feels like the other half should get a form change as well, certainly would not be the first pokemon with multiple forms to switch to mid-battle.

Still can't say this restores much if any hype for the game, since it will still feel like an incomplete product, but whatever.  Also seeing that Rotom companion again in the Japanese trailer is like a hot poker to the eye.
Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 02:20:48 am by Long John Killer
#190  August 16, 2019, 11:52:18 pm
    • USA
New abilities, attacks, held items:

Interesting that they show off team battles with  Dynamaxed 'mons alongside regular ones.
#191  August 17, 2019, 03:46:18 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Ok, so i´ll just put Weezindome with Regigigas and Slaking for Doubles.

I like this idea.
#192  August 17, 2019, 03:59:27 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Oh damn, that's true......cause Slaking is a beast, just bogged down with that ability. Yeah everybody will want to play with doubles now with a Galarian Wheezing on their team.
#193  August 17, 2019, 04:08:37 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Doubles' gonna be interesting. I'm definitely gonna get that HA Corviknight because screw Icy Wind, screw Scary Face and other stat reducing moves the story NPCs love using. I wonder what type Breaking Swipe is... hopefully it's not a weak move.

Galarian Weezing's gonna be somewhat OP but then again, its ability negates its allies too so it's a risky take but I definitely rather have Neutralizing Gas Galarian Weezing over Levitate.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#194  August 17, 2019, 05:15:16 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
One of the thing that crossed my mind; what if Regigigas countdown is still active but doesn´t take effect even with Weezing around, or once Weezing dies the abilities that requiere activation doesn´t start {Like Intimidante}

A pokemon with better base stats than most ubers and can hold an item, huehuehuehue and have a decent offensive moveset.
#195  August 17, 2019, 05:50:42 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Ok, so i´ll just put Weezindome with Regigigas and Slaking for Doubles.

I like this idea.
This is why Slaking and Regigigas aren't coming to Galar.  It's like the devs knew they would be busted with this ability, heh.

(And a thought came as to how would they function in Dynamax alongide Galar Weezing.  Scary.)
#196  August 17, 2019, 06:22:21 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
(And a thought came as to how would they function in Dynamax alongide Galar Weezing.  Scary.)

Doesn´t matter really, the ability was made, Regigigas and Slaking may or may not appear here, but maybe in another game.

They still need to cash-in with remakes.
#197  August 17, 2019, 06:39:59 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Awww, there goes that dream.....but this gives rom hackers ideas!
#198  August 17, 2019, 05:04:48 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Even if they're not in SwSh, you'll be able to demo this on Showdown.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#199  August 17, 2019, 06:21:53 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
#200  August 17, 2019, 10:56:56 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I'll blacklist you from my invisible list of challengers if you dare attempt that on me numerous times.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!