YesNoOk

Ryu Update:September 2019 (4th Update) (Read 19577 times)

Started by 1.8.7, August 21, 2019, 08:32:42 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Ryu Update: August 2019 (3rd Update)
#21  August 28, 2019, 03:58:29 am
    • USA
If you add palfx to transition your transformation, it’ll look cleaner.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#22  August 28, 2019, 04:16:27 am
  • Multi-Character User
  • Too good to master one character
#23  August 28, 2019, 05:51:37 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

Thanks for the updates! :D
I did some testing and found an error on his readme: it says in master mode that Nidan Shoryu Tsuki is LK only and Metsu Shoryuken is MK and HK, however when I do MK he still performs Nidan Shoryu Tsuki.
Other than that everything seems to be ok. Also thank you for removing the aura, he looks a lot better without it. :)

Edit: oh, and I'll also take a look here to see what I can do to make the palette transition even better, if I come up with something I'll contact you.
#24  August 28, 2019, 08:28:02 am
  • Multi-Character User
I did some testing and found an error on his readme: it says in master mode that Nidan Shoryu Tsuki is LK only and Metsu Shoryuken is MK and HK, however when I do MK he still performs Nidan Shoryu Tsuki.
It seems I forgot to change Master Ryu's Section in the readme...
I might bring back some OG PotS Ryu stuff to make him closer to pre-SF4 games like his OG Chargeless Shakunetsu and update the list of fighters will receive bonus damage from Shun Goku Satsu.
I have been thinking of removing some intros vs old characters that PotS gave him.
#25  August 28, 2019, 09:30:57 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Gave this feedback to RagingRowen, but never got around fixing it. Can you look at these since you're updating him now?:
-His dodge still doesn't have a light kick swing sound.
-Tomoe Nage doesn't have a heavy kick swing sound when the opponent is thrown.
-Senpuu Kyaku should be a medium hit sound instead of a heavy one since it's using the B command and that the damage is weaker.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#26  August 28, 2019, 09:42:02 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

This is great news, I even suggest Rowen to make the chargeless shakunetsu + no aura to ressemble his CVS appearance, at least as a config option, good to see you're going for it!
#27  August 28, 2019, 10:44:06 am
  • Multi-Character User
Gave this feedback to RagingRowen, but never got around fixing it. Can you look at these since you're updating him now?:
-His dodge still doesn't have a light kick swing sound.
-Tomoe Nage doesn't have a heavy kick swing sound when the opponent is thrown.
-Senpuu Kyaku should be a medium hit sound instead of a heavy one since it's using the B command and that the damage is weaker.

-Done
-Done
-Done

This is great news, I even suggest Rowen to make the chargeless shakunetsu + no aura to ressemble his CVS appearance, at least as a config option, good to see you're going for it!

I would like him with an evil aura if he was in his SF4-based but since OG PotS is CVS with mix of SF games throughout Arcade Era, I prefer having him without, just like SFA2 and 3, CVS1 and 2. About the making a config for such options, it would be hard since I don't have his list of variables and most of them are used in some way or another. I'm planning to remake Ryu(Mixed-Game oriented) but I'm quite busy for college and my daily grind on a certain mobile game.

Just Updated him a bit.
#28  August 28, 2019, 06:29:07 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org

I see. I'll redownload him and take a look. If you want help with the config using both the aura + chargeable shakunetsu AND no aura + normal shakunetsu for those who still like it, I'm here.
#29  September 04, 2019, 03:02:28 am
    • UK
How about a config option to give Evil Ryu his SF4 voice back during Shin Messatsu Goshoryu? I liked that voice clip honestly. Personally his CVS voice while performing it honestly doesn't fit the move well, and especially since he often says the exact same line after if he wins a round with it.
To play or not to play: That is the question...
#30  September 05, 2019, 03:18:37 pm
  • Multi-Character User
I see. I'll redownload him and take a look. If you want help with the config using both the aura + chargeable shakunetsu AND no aura + normal shakunetsu for those who still like it, I'm here.

Thanks for the offer. I'm currently recoding Ryu, updates to this Ryu might take long.

How about a config option to give Evil Ryu his SF4 voice back during Shin Messatsu Goshoryu? I liked that voice clip honestly. Personally his CVS voice while performing it honestly doesn't fit the move well, and especially since he often says the exact same line after if he wins a round with it.

I should be able to make a SF4 voicepack, SF4 voice feels out of place imo. But I'm thinking of removing Shin Messatsu Goushoryu, along with other supers, to keep him close to his 2D iterations with the exception of Evil Ryu's Axe Kick
#31  September 05, 2019, 06:43:34 pm
    • UK
I should be able to make a SF4 voicepack, SF4 voice feels out of place imo. But I'm thinking of removing Shin Messatsu Goushoryu, along with other supers, to keep him close to his 2D iterations with the exception of Evil Ryu's Axe Kick

I really wouldn't do that if I were you honestly, POTs characters are usually meant to have all or if not most moves that they have canonically. Plus there's pretty much already a strictly-CVS based POTs styled Evil Ryu with Victory's version. Keep the supers in imo, otherwise using this Ryu won't be as fun.
To play or not to play: That is the question...
Re: Ryu Update: September 2019 (4th Update)
#32  September 20, 2019, 04:46:21 am
  • Multi-Character User
Ryu updated.
- AI still feels something off than OG PotS Ryu. Please give feedback.
Re: Ryu Update:September 2019 (4th Update)
#33  September 20, 2019, 12:30:25 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
It seems that you've forgot to post a real changelog.
Also I'd suggest tweaking the Metsu Shoryuken FX:

Edit: Also I gave the Evil LVL3 port the proper colors:
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 12:52:23 pm by RagingRowen
#34  November 03, 2019, 11:47:22 pm
  • Surgeon of Death
    • Turkey
Everything is ok well done boyz but i wanna ask one question. original Pots Ryu always beating this in Watch Mode. Did u nerf AI or something like dat ?
#35  November 06, 2019, 01:28:18 am
  • Multi-Character User
Everything is ok well done boyz but i wanna ask one question. original Pots Ryu always beating this in Watch Mode. Did u nerf AI or something like dat ?

I didn't lower down anything in AI, I just ironed out some stuff on his AI to not feel glitchy or sumthing.
His AI before the update was doing Lv2 Shinkuu Hadouken despite having 1 bar.

I'm trying to work on Recoding OG PotS Ryu with new variables while maintaining(or improving) the old(cvs2 hitsparks) PotS gameplay.

I haven't been doing anything mugen-related as my pc just died but I'll work on it when I can.
#36  November 07, 2019, 02:03:03 am
  • Surgeon of Death
    • Turkey

I didn't lower down anything in AI, I just ironed out some stuff on his AI to not feel glitchy or sumthing.
His AI before the update was doing Lv2 Shinkuu Hadouken despite having 1 bar.

I'm trying to work on Recoding OG PotS Ryu with new variables while maintaining(or improving) the old(cvs2 hitsparks) PotS gameplay.

I haven't been doing anything mugen-related as my pc just died but I'll work on it when I can.

ok bro im waiting ^^

i hope one day someone can complete all cvs2 chars with last pots system :)