YesNoOk

Creamy Goodness - Version 0.2 (beta) (Read 40182 times)

Started by Creamy_Goodness, July 21, 2019, 05:55:17 am
Share this topic:
Creamy Goodness - Version 0.2 (beta)
#1  July 21, 2019, 05:55:17 am
    • USA
    • creamyg.jdluke.com/

> At long last, after four and a half years since the release of the very first beta version of my Creamy Goodness MUGEN character, I'm ready to release the second major beta version of the character, Version 0.2.1. This time around, I've added Creamy's ultimate attack, the Jawbreaker Jamboree, which is a gigantic multi-layered projectile that explodes every time it bounces and loses layers until it's reduced to its core. I've also added the Skittles Rush, which is Creamy's alternate state that increases his walking and running speed by half again, and gives him unlimitted access to his EX attacks and Level 1 supers when his health is below 250 hit points. If there is a Version 0.2.2, it will consist mainly of bug fixes, and will be the character's final release before Version 1.1, which will be the first official release.

Version 0.2.1 updates...
- Added Jawbreaker Jamboree ultimate attack (5/24/2019)
- Added Skittles Rush alternate state (6/3/2019)

> Link - http://creamyg.jdluke.com/Projects/MUGEN/Characters/Creamy_Goodness/CGX_Creamy/CGX_Creamy(v0.2.1).zip
= = = = = = = = = =
Jason "Creamy Goodness" Tenn
http://creamyg.jdluke.com/
Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 05:04:09 pm by Creamy_Goodness
Re: Creamy Goodness - Version 0.2 (beta)
#2  August 27, 2019, 10:31:32 am
    • USA
    • creamyg.jdluke.com/

> What, it's been over a month and not a single reply? Come on people, I need some feedback here. :(
= = = = = = = = = =
#3  August 27, 2019, 10:34:35 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam

> What, it's been over a month and not a single reply? Come on people, I need some feedback here. :(

Please don't bump your thread to look for attention. If your work doesn't receive replies, it probably means it isn't attractive enough to the audience and sometimes, you just have to accept it and move on. Not every release is a big hit.
#4  August 27, 2019, 01:08:19 pm
Well, it's not visually appealing and after 4 years you just added two moves. :-\
Plus it plays like the other beta.

Anyway, (tested against himself on 1.0)

- he's very slow in most (if not all) of his actions;

- many CLSNs are bad (both the blue ones and the red ones), for example if you're close enough to do the far light punch you won't hit the enemy. Were you afraid about making them too big? His attacks have almost no range;

- there's no pushback for many of his attacks;

- his liedown animation has his body moving 50 pixels forward (also its width is too small); why? You could have animated it normally in the air, of course with some PosAdds (not 50 pixels though), with the body at the center, not using the head as the pivot.
This is also weird since all the sprites seem to be normally aligned (body always centered) but in the liedown and get up sprite groups they're all moved to the left.
So that if you get close to him lying down, your character will turn around a few times;

- there's no readme;

- no intro (debug message);

- why can't I do the flying knee kick(s) while close to the enemy?

The order of the commands should always be: supers first, specials second, normals last.

Otherwise the commands go in conflict with each other.

The flying knee kick attack is an example (there might be other cases in your character where this happens). Try to put the command for the flying knee kick (state 243) over the quick knee smash one (219). You'll be able to do it much more easily than before.

- The Jawbreaker Jamboree supermove can easily be stopped with a projectile or whatever before he launches it, so all the wait and pause serve no purpose. It would be funnier if, after charging the move and him getting hit, he drops the ball of energy instead of it completely vanishing.

There's a lot to improve on.
I don't like to be a downer, but this character isn't interesting to look or to play at/against so that may be the reason you don't get enough feedback.
#5  August 27, 2019, 10:28:13 pm
  • Niigasan
you gotta understand man, dont just post your stuff on this forum. there are multiple others that can and will also give u feedback
#6  August 28, 2019, 12:01:37 am
    • USA
I have a suggestion for you creators. When you post this stuff, show more of what it can do. A preview of tech, combos, etc
A single image is usually not all foretelling. You've explained, now show it.
you gotta understand man, dont just post your stuff on this forum. there are multiple others that can and will also give u feedback
Despite everything we know, experienced man.. This ain't the way. I'm convinced, we have other alternatives, not all bad.
#7  September 08, 2019, 11:05:36 pm
    • USA
    • creamyg.jdluke.com/

@Mr. Giang

"Please don't bump your thread to look for attention. If your work doesn't receive replies, it probably means it isn't attractive enough to the audience and sometimes, you just have to accept it and move on. Not every release is a big hit."

> My character doesn't look attractive right now, because I used stickman sprites as a temporary substitute for the real ones which will be seen in the official release version (Version 1.1). I'm sorry I bumped the thread, but I need feedback on the character now more than ever, because this is my last chance to fix any remaining errors before Version 1.1 is released.

----------

@AlexSin

"Well, it's not visually appealing and after 4 years you just added two moves.       
Plus it plays like the other beta."

> This character is only a beta version of my Creamy Goodness character, and the stickman sprites are only temporary. They will be replaced by the real sprites in the character's official release version. And no, I did not just add two moves after four years of work. Over that period of time, I've been making several, incremental changes to the character, and making several minor tweaks as well. The additions of the Jawbreaker Jamboree and the Skittles Rush were only the latest in this long series of updates.

----------

@AlexSin

"- he's very slow in most (if not all) of his actions;"

> Haven't noticed that before. It could be because I'm used to keeping MUGEN on the Fast 3 speed, so that everything looks faster than normal to me.

----------

@AlexSin

"- many CLSNs are bad (both the blue ones and the red ones), for example if you're close enough to do the far light punch you won't hit the enemy. Were you afraid about making them too big? His attacks have almost no range;"

> I should have mentioned this in my original post, but when I replace the sprites with the finalized ones for Version 1.1, I will change Creamy's proportions in order to make him half a head taller. This will keep him the same height, but his head will be smaller in relation to the rest of his body. As a result, his legs will be longer, and I will also make his arms longer, and this will give him a longer reach with both his punches and his kicks. This is an issue I was already aware of since I started drawing Creamy's stickman sprites, and it will hopefully solve itself when the new sprites are implemented.

----------

@AlexSin

"- there's no pushback for many of his attacks;"

> There actually is some pushback, but not much. But after reading this point, I tried out at some other characters in my main roster, and noticed that their basic attacks pushed their opponents back a lot more than Creamy's attacks did. I'll see if I can change the ground.hittime and ground.velocity of Creamy's hard attacks to more closely match that of other characters.

----------

@AlexSin

"- his liedown animation has his body moving 50 pixels forward (also its width is too small); why? You could have animated it normally in the air, of course with some PosAdds (not 50 pixels though), with the body at the center, not using the head as the pivot.
This is also weird since all the sprites seem to be normally aligned (body always centered) but in the liedown and get up sprite groups they're all moved to the left.
So that if you get close to him lying down, your character will turn around a few times;"

> To tell you the truth, I never really saw a problem with my method of keeping the body from shifting out of place during the knock down and get up animations. But now that you've pointed this out, I'll see what I can do to change it.

----------

@AlexSin

"- there's no readme;"

> Will be included for Version 0.2.2.

----------

@AlexSin

"- no intro (debug message);"

> Creamy is still in his beta versions, so there are no animations for his intros yet. However, I could set up some placeholders until the real sprites are introduced in the release version.

----------

@AlexSin

"- why can't I do the flying knee kick(s) while close to the enemy?

The order of the commands should always be: supers first, specials second, normals last.

Otherwise the commands go in conflict with each other.

The flying knee kick attack is an example (there might be other cases in your character where this happens). Try to put the command for the flying knee kick (state 243) over the quick knee smash one (219). You'll be able to do it much more easily than before."

> That's the order I generally list the moves in the cmd file. But now that you mention it, I'm going to adjust the order of commands to have the running attacks go between the combo attacks and standard attacks.

----------

@AlexSin

"- The Jawbreaker Jamboree supermove can easily be stopped with a projectile or whatever before he launches it, so all the wait and pause serve no purpose. It would be funnier if, after charging the move and him getting hit, he drops the ball of energy instead of it completely vanishing."

> The Jawbreaker Jamboree is supposed to leave Creamy open to attack for one second in order to give the opponent a chance to stop the projectile and to stun him. Under my damage system, attacks that leave a character vulnerable for 60 to 89 ticks will do half again base damage. Also, attacks that expose the character's major weakspot will also do half again base damage. In the Jawbreaker Jamboree, these two types of bonus damage stack, making the attack do double normal damage. As for the projectile disappearing all of a sudden, In Version 1.1 of Creamy Goodness, the ball will disappear into a puff of smoke or into a flash of light when Creamy is hit during his weakspot in order to add an interesting visual effect to the cancellation.

----------

@AlexSin

"There's a lot to improve on.
I don't like to be a downer, but this character isn't interesting to look or to play at/against so that may be the reason you don't get enough feedback."

> As I said at the beginning, this is only a beta character, and will be much more interesting once the official release version comes out. Thanks for taking the time to check out Creamy and to give me your feedback. The tips you gave in this thread will help me to improve on my character a lot. I will post again once I finish the last rounds of edits of Creamy's beta versions.

----------

@Prime SC

"you gotta understand man, dont just post your stuff on this forum. there are multiple others that can and will also give u feedback"

> I didn't just post the character's release here on MFG. I also posted it on Mugen Free For All, but got no response there. Maybe I'll have better luck once I post there again after I finish the final edits of the beta versions of Creamy, and release Version 0.2.2.
= = = = = = = = = =
#8  September 09, 2019, 12:24:42 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 I believe you may have missed the point on feedback about unattractive presentation. Usually, even during alpha and beta stages, people expect something to have at least the majority of the graphics in place in order to entice them to the product before final release. If people are coming to a stickman whenever they try out a character, they pretty much have every right to be put off from it because it really isn't attractive. I don't see why it would hurt to have the final sprites put in place already so there is a better expectation from people trying out the character, which obviously would benefit.
#9  September 09, 2019, 12:53:43 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
@AlexSin

"- he's very slow in most (if not all) of his actions;"

> Haven't noticed that before. It could be because I'm used to keeping MUGEN on the Fast 3 speed, so that everything looks faster than normal to me.

Ok, I wanted to make a quick comment about this.

I STRONGLY suggest that when you're testing stuff you keep everything on default settings (Normal speed, 100% health). If you test things around something that isn't the normal, you'll get wonky stuff that seems fine in your preferred settings but wrong in everyone else's settings. From Alex's comment I can tell that due to this, his moves likely have too much startup and he'll have a hard time hitting his moves or punishing his opponent's moves simply because everyone else's kung fu is much faster.
#10  October 27, 2019, 04:44:06 am
    • USA
    • creamyg.jdluke.com/

> Alright, I'm ready to release what is possibly the final beta version of my Creamy Goodness MUGEN character; Version 0.2.2. Keep in mind that the sprites are temporary and will be replaced be the real ones in the first official release. After the new sprites are applied to Creamy, he will have a longer reach, and will be able to hit his opponents more easily.

> From Creamy's readme...

----------

Story
> Jason "Creamy Goodness" Tenn is the lead fighter in the Independent Circuit of Netizen Rage. Because of his love for a large variety of sweets, he uses candy-based weaponry to battle his opponents in the arena.

Button Layout
- a - Quick Kick (QK)
- b - Hard Kick (HK)
- c - Power Charge (C)
- x - Quick Punch (QP)
- y - Hard Punch (HP)
- z - Evade (E)

Movelist
- Special Techniques
-   - Hop backward - Back, Back
-   - Hop forward - Forward,  Forward
-   - Dodge - E
-   - Power Charge (Burst) - C
-   - Alternate state: Skittles Rush - HCB + BQ

- Special Attacks
-   - Pez Machine-Gun (QP) - QCF + QP
-   - Pez Machine-Gun (HP) - QCF + HP
-   - Pez Machine-Gun (EX) - QCF + BP
-   - Lemon Warhead (QP) - QCB + QP
-   - Lemon Warhead (HP) - QCB + HP
-   - Sure You Cane (QP) - Forward, Down, DF + QP
-   - Sure You Cane (HP) - Forward, Down, DF + HP
-   - Sure You Cane (EX) - Forward, Down, DF + BP
-   - Pixie Stick Stunner -  HCF + QK

- Super Attacks
-   - Hypercane 3-Pack (Level 1) - Forward, HCF + QP
-   - Atomic Fireball (Level 1) - QCF, QCF + QP
-   - Atomic Fireball (Level 2) - QCF, QCF + HP
-   - Twizzler Downpour (Level 2) - QCB, QCB + HK

- Ultimate Attack
-   - Jawbreaker Jamboree (Level 3) - QCB, HCF + BP

Version 0.1.2 updates
- Added HitDefs to both versions of the Atomic Fireball (3200) and (3300) to push point blank opponents backward so that the projectile no longer misses them. (3/21/2015)
- Sped up quick Atomic Fireball (3200) animation by reducing the number of ticks in the fifth frame from 50 to 10, so that Creamy takes only 55 ticks to charge the attack instead of 95. (3/21/2015)
- Sped up hard Atomic Fireball (3300) animation by reducing the number of ticks in the seventh frame from 80 to 20, so that Creamy takes only 125 ticks to charge the attack instead of 185. (3/21/2015)
- Decreased wind up time of hop backward (start & air) (105) so that it only takes 6 ticks to start moving backward instead of 11. (3/21/2015)
- Decreased recovery time of hop backward (land) (106) so that it only takes 6 ticks to return to the Stance instead of 11. (3/21/2015)
- Decreased wind up time of jump (start & air) (40) so that it only takes 6 ticks to start rising instead of 11. (3/21/2015)
- Decreased recovery time of jump (land) (47) so that it only takes 6 ticks to return to the Stance instead of 11. (3/21/2015)
- Decreased wind up time of back spin kick (224) so that it only takes 13 ticks to start rising instead of 17, and decreased post-attack time from 11 ticks to 7. (3/22/2015)

Version 0.1.3 updates
- Added QP short combo. (3 hit combo: QP, QP, HP) (4/3/2015)
- Added QP medium combo. (6 hit combo: QP, HP, HP, QP, HP,  Forward, Down, DF + QP) (7/27/2015)

Version 0.1.4 updates
- Added QK short combo. (5 hit combo: QK, QP, QP, QP, HP) (2/20/2017)
- Added blue hit boxes to attacking hands of some previously completed combo attacks. (2/20/2017)
- Deleted hit boxes around attacking hand of first frame of standing quick jab (200), so that it takes 4 ticks to hit instead of 1. (2/20/2017)
- Changed PauseTime of standing quick jab (200), from 10, 5 to 10, 7. (2/20/2017)

Version 0.1.5 updates
- Replaced and added blue hit boxes to first frame of Sure You Cane - QP - CT from 256 (358). (6/19/2018)
- Replaced missing second frame of Sure You Cane - QP - CT from 256 (358). (6/19/2018)
- Replaced missing third frame of Sure You Cane - EX - CT from 256 (428). (6/19/2018)
- Reduced ground.velocity of high straight end candy cane thrust (241) from -10 to -6 to make it easier to combo into standing candy cane backswing (261). (6/25/2018)
- Reduced ground.slidetime of high straight end candy cane thrust (241) from 10 to 6 to make it easier to combo into standing candy cane backswing (261). (6/25/2018)
- Deleted hit boxes around attacking foot of first frame of quick ground kick (215), so that it takes 4 ticks to hit instead of 1. (6/25/2017)
- Hypercane 3-Pack (3100) is now performed by entering F, HCF + QP instead of F, HCF + HP. (6/26/2017)
- Removed diagonal joystick motions of Hypercane 3-Pack (3100) in order to make it easier to perform. (6/26/2017)
- Removed diagonal joystick motions of Pixie Stick Stunner (370) in order to make it easier to perform. (6/26/2017)
- Added Running[QP] long combo. (11 hit combo: Running[QP], QP, HP, QP, HP, HP, QK, HP, Forward, HCF + QP) (6/26/2018)

Version 0.1.6 updates
- Increased y value of VelSet state of flying knee smash (243) from -3.2 to -4 so that Creamy jumps slightly higher, giving him slightly more time to combo into aerial quick high kick 1 (268). (1/29/2019)
- Changed PauseTime of flying knee smash (243) from 20, 15 to 10, 10. (1/30/2019)
- Reduced ground.hittime of flying knee smash (243) from 20 to 10. (1/30/2019)
- Added Running[QK] short combo. (4 hit combo: Running[QK], QK, QK, HK) (1/30/2019)

Version 0.2.1 updates
- Added Jawbreaker Jamboree ultimate attack. (5/24/2019)
- Added Skittles Rush alternate state. (6/3/2019)

Version 0.2.2 updates
- Centered both sprites of lie down - air - hit (5081) horizontally to axis in sff file, and adjusted hit boxes in air file. (9/16/2019)
- Centered Sprites 2 and 3 of knock down - air (5101) horizontally to axis in sff file, and adjusted hit boxes in air file. (9/16/2019)
- Centered lie down - air (5111) sprite horizontally to axis in sff file, and adjusted hit boxes in air file. (9/16/2019)
- Adjusted all four sprites of get up - air (5121) in sff file to feet of lie down - air (5111) sprite, and adjusted hit boxes in air file. (9/16/2019)
- Centered knock down - air bounce (air) (5161) sprite horizontally to axis in sff file, and adjusted hit boxes in air file. (9/16/2019)
- Adjusted hit boxes of both frames of knock down - air bounce (land) (5171) animation. (9/16/2019)
- Used PosAdd in State -2 to shift second frame of knock down - air (5101) backwards by 24 pixels. (9/16/2019)
- Used PosAdd in State -2 to shift third frame of knock down - air (5101) backwards by 14 pixels. (9/16/2019)
- Adjusted PosAdd in State -2 to shift Creamy backwards at the end of get up - air (5120) by 24 pixels instead of 65 pixels. (9/16/2019)
- Moved running attacks above close attacks in cmd file, so that close attacks will no longer override running attacks while running. (9/16/2019)
- Replaced back spin kick (224) with aerial hard kick. (9/23/2019)
- Aerial hard kick (224) can now be used immediately after aerial quick kick (223) is used. (9/24/2019)
- Changed PauseTime of aerial quick kick (223) from 10, 5 to 10, 15. (9/24/2019)
- Decreased wind up time of aerial quick kick (223) so that it takes 5 ticks to hit instead of 8. (9/24/2019)
- Decreased wind up time of pogo jump (221) so that it takes 4 ticks to hit instead of 6. (9/24/2019)
- Decreased wind up time of Sure You Cane - QP (350) so that it takes 6 ticks to hit instead of 11. (9/24/2019)
- Decreased wind up time of Sure You Cane - QP - CT from 256 (358) so that it takes 10 ticks to hit instead of 21. (9/24/2019)
- Decreased wind up time of Sure You Cane - HP (360) so that it takes 12 ticks to hit instead of 26. (9/24/2019)
- Decreased wind up time of Sure You Cane - EX (420) so that it takes 6 ticks to hit instead of 11. (9/24/2019)
- Decreased wind up time of Sure You Cane - EX - CT from 256 (428) so that it takes 11 ticks to hit instead of 16. (9/24/2019)
- Increased ground.velocity of hard elbow smash (202) from -3 to -6. (9/24/2019)
- Increased ground.slidetime of hard elbow smash (202) from 3 to 6. (9/24/2019)
- Both versions of the Lemon Warhead (330, 340) now do up to 45 points of damage instead of 35. (9/26/2019)
- Aerial candy cane backswing (222) now does 50 points of damage instead of 40. (9/26/2019)
- Created all three intros (191, 192, 193) with temporary animations. (9/26/2019)
- Removed Time trigger from second SelfState state controller of HP grab combo - Thrown (815) so that opponent will break free of Creamy's victim state if HP grab combo (811) is interrupted. (9/28/2019)

Known bugs/issues
- Some of Creamy's attacks have insufficient reach to hit his opponents. However, this issue will be fixed in Version 1.1 when Creamy's temporary stickman sprites are replaced with the actual, finalized sprites.
- Opponent can air recover from the HP grab combo (811) after the second hit, making it possible for them to avoid the super cancel into the Hypercane 3-Pack (3100).
- Candy cane jumpslash (242) is unable to hit opponents who are lying down.
- Some opponents can attack Creamy after getting hit by his power slide (244) before Creamy can recover. However, I plan to add an optional backwards roll while Creamy is lying down right after the slide, so that he can avoid such attacks.

----------

> The (possibly) final beta version of Creamy - http://creamyg.jdluke.com/Projects/MUGEN/Characters/Creamy_Goodness/CGX_Creamy/CGX_Creamy(v0.2.2).zip
= = = = = = = = = =