YesNoOk

My sprites, edits and animations (Read 1069115 times)

Started by Guillotine, August 15, 2019, 03:17:17 pm
Re: My sprites, edits and animations
#21  September 12, 2019, 08:21:14 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
I see you're working more with shading on some parts (belly and belt for example) instead of moving them, which turns out very good. This is something I have some trouble with when animating. Everything looks really smooth, good work. :D
#22  September 12, 2019, 12:41:11 pm
Thanks, and yes that's how it is for small movements, suggest it with shading and actually move parts very sparingly.

9mb

#23  September 12, 2019, 02:15:20 pm
Thanks you all, much appreciated.

So this was a project at a time I guess til I got bored, and I think a Rocky came out about that time in mugen with pretty nice sprites, and I lost interest even more. Looking at it now, the arm and especially shoulder design from the 2k striker is pretty convoluted and kind of hard to convey properly in the resolution given, or maybe I just don't like it. If I had to do it now I'd change the design to a simpler form, or directly to the Robo Army design with just 3 holes in the shoulder and different details, just tried this in the last sprite.

I think Rocky is a robot, walking is not suitable for it (?) maybe gear sliding is more suitable. :)
I am Chinese!打倒一切洋奴,慕洋犬和港台毒!
#24  September 12, 2019, 03:47:50 pm
    • USA
I posted in the past a similar RB stance for Krauser, but the chest movement was exaggerated and the arms were mostly static and it didn't quite work out. Now I tried it again with more subtle movement for both body and arms, I believe this is my best shot. Everytime I have to work on hands at this resolution I have a renewed respect for pixel artists that know what to do with them.

Would be cool to be able to use this, only it’s looks as though he has a ponytail. Unless you have a sheet of this version.
#25  September 12, 2019, 04:33:13 pm
I posted in the past a similar RB stance for Krauser, but the chest movement was exaggerated and the arms were mostly static and it didn't quite work out. Now I tried it again with more subtle movement for both body and arms, I believe this is my best shot. Everytime I have to work on hands at this resolution I have a renewed respect for pixel artists that know what to do with them.

Would be cool to be able to use this, only it’s looks as though he has a ponytail. Unless you have a sheet of this version.
ohh I can see that, there's both a separation and the shading suggests the form. I'll try to fix it in a bit.

edit : There you go, should be fine now

Thanks you all, much appreciated.

So this was a project at a time I guess til I got bored, and I think a Rocky came out about that time in mugen with pretty nice sprites, and I lost interest even more. Looking at it now, the arm and especially shoulder design from the 2k striker is pretty convoluted and kind of hard to convey properly in the resolution given, or maybe I just don't like it. If I had to do it now I'd change the design to a simpler form, or directly to the Robo Army design with just 3 holes in the shoulder and different details, just tried this in the last sprite.

I think Rocky is a robot, walking is not suitable for it (?) maybe gear sliding is more suitable. :)

Rocky walks in Robo Army though! But for running, I would do as you say.
Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 05:52:02 pm by Guillotine
#26  September 16, 2019, 07:00:03 pm
Here's NGBC Ryo in classic AOF stance, also in the second gif a lazy attempt at XIII beginning of the stance animation when getting back from an attack, surprisingly hard to describe little thing.

#27  September 17, 2019, 06:43:41 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Pretty smooth stance.

Shit
#28  September 20, 2019, 10:19:29 pm
So here's an edit for a character I wish was in a game I could play. Doing all the tattooes is really ehhhhh
Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 10:07:26 am by Guillotine
#29  September 24, 2019, 06:01:24 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Really nice Rob sprite, although if he ever appeared in one of the classic KOF games, the amount of tattoos on his body would be simplified a tad to make him more viable to be animated.

Shit
#30  September 24, 2019, 06:07:13 pm
For the ride that never ends, I had these Yamazaki animations inspired by KOF14 in the works for a while, and here they are, DP D obviously a reworked CVS animation, a simpllified fwd B, YEEEAHHH jump CD and a reworked violent claw with a proper ending. I have some more stuff to finish and then I'll update the set at at a later time.

Really nice Rob sprite, although if he ever appeared in one of the classic KOF games, the amount of tattoos on his body would be simplified a tad to make him more viable to be animated.
Thanks, and I agree, my mind also goes on viability most of the time. Would be hard not to keep the guns though.
Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 06:49:14 pm by Guillotine

9mb

#31  September 25, 2019, 07:47:20 am
For the ride that never ends, I had these Yamazaki animations inspired by KOF14 in the works for a while, and here they are, DP D obviously a reworked CVS animation, a simpllified fwd B, YEEEAHHH jump CD and a reworked violent claw with a proper ending. I have some more stuff to finish and then I'll update the set at at a later time.

Thanks, and I agree, my mind also goes on viability most of the time. Would be hard not to keep the guns though.
cool !Can you help change the standing posture of Another Robert?I changed some of the material, but I never painted this standing position.
https://www.spriters-resource.com/neo_geo_ngcd/kof2k/sheet/39058/

https://www.deviantart.com/9mb9/art/Arob-704990268
Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 07:51:35 am by 9mb
#32  September 25, 2019, 03:15:30 pm
    • Japan
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/el7c5jc9gghl5/MUGEN
#33  September 25, 2019, 10:31:26 pm

cool !Can you help change the standing posture of Another Robert?I changed some of the material, but I never painted this standing position.

Send him a PM next time.
Don't request for stuff to be made.

9mb

#34  September 26, 2019, 05:15:27 am

Send him a PM next time.
Don't request for stuff to be made.
tx,I am working hard on my English .I just hope, not demand.
#35  September 26, 2019, 05:49:36 am
The rocky you talk about. His kick animations were off. Would love to see those kicks replaced.

The creator of the rocky said he loved doing robots but humans were a major problem.
#36  September 26, 2019, 08:31:23 am
Now I'm trying to make new skills for my Yamazaki with your sprites.
https://twitter.com/soysaucemugen1/status/1176841115808358401
Thank you for great sprites!

glad you're enjoying them. and thanks for sharing your progress, it's cool to see him in action!
I have one big animation to refine, and a few small ones, hopefully soon I'll release them as well.

The rocky you talk about. His kick animations were off. Would love to see those kicks replaced.

The creator of the rocky said he loved doing robots but humans were a major problem.

I see, well most of my plans revolved around Maxima edits for the most part, Rocky kicks in Robo Army were reasonably similar imo, I still have some very rough ones but no kicks anyway.

sorry, not very interested in Another Robert, good luck with your edits.
Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 08:36:02 am by Guillotine

9mb

#37  September 26, 2019, 02:20:30 pm
Now I'm trying to make new skills for my Yamazaki with your sprites.
https://twitter.com/soysaucemugen1/status/1176841115808358401
Thank you for great sprites!

glad you're enjoying them. and thanks for sharing your progress, it's cool to see him in action!
I have one big animation to refine, and a few small ones, hopefully soon I'll release them as well.

I see, well most of my plans revolved around Maxima edits for the most part, Rocky kicks in Robo Army were reasonably similar imo, I still have some very rough ones but no kicks anyway.

sorry, not very interested in Another Robert, good luck with your edits.
I am very happy with your reply, ok; I work hard.
#38  October 04, 2019, 08:18:42 am
So yeah I thought I was just finishing some animations / developing a couple concepts but giving a look at the set there was still some things that I wanted more "flowy" I guess, so here's a few extra transition frames for his reversal(which is also renewed in CVS/14 style). Also here's a WA/KOF14 grab animation for his climax/neomax/hsdm Drill, both miss and hit. More to come...

#39  October 04, 2019, 02:39:39 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Wow, everything flows so well and looks great.
Bravo!
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#40  October 04, 2019, 02:57:29 pm
    • Japan
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/el7c5jc9gghl5/MUGEN
So yeah I thought I was just finishing some animations / developing a couple concepts but giving a look at the set there was still some things that I wanted more "flowy" I guess, so here's a few extra transition frames for his reversal(which is also renewed in CVS/14 style). Also here's a WA/KOF14 grab animation for his climax/neomax/hsdm Drill, both miss and hit. More to come...

I added your new sprites to my Yamazaki!
https://twitter.com/soysaucemugen1/status/1180103168534822913
Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 03:39:16 pm by Soy Sauce