YesNoOk

Kong's Spider-Man (RECODED UPDATE 10/27/2019) (Read 6802 times)

Started by Mushypepito123, October 20, 2019, 07:28:37 am
Share this topic:
Kong's Spider-Man (RECODED UPDATE 10/27/2019)
#1  October 20, 2019, 07:28:37 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
after deciding to give my Edited Char a Standalone Update, well. i guess here it is.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

now, i can't show screenshots and videos, because i'm a bit in a hurry. but be sure to leave feedbacks.
Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 05:55:44 am by Mushypepito123
Re: Kong's Spider-Man (Standalone edit/Update)
#2  October 20, 2019, 11:48:32 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
It's ok, I will show a vid for you :}

Also, look at Spiderman intro.

- Cannot be run in 1.0.
- No corner push on many normals.
- Not sure if giving Spiderman auto combo or 1000-power Bursts is a good thing but you do you.
- Extremely low hitpause on hit. In MvC3, a light punch's hitpause (which has least hitpause) lasts 8f but Spiderman has like 3f at least and 7f at most.
- A ton of normals being air-unblockable for no reason.
- Seeing 2-frame jab makes me losing faith that you actually did study on Spiderman in all MvC games.
- Crawler Assault is -2 on block? I don't remember any MvC where it is so safe on block.
- Why on Earth Web Swing and Spider Sting are overheads? This is like giving Ryu's Tatsu and Shoryuken overhead attribute. And no, no MvC game does that.
- No damage scaling at all. Every hit deals full damage.
- Throw can't be teched, leading ez throw spam.
- Hurtboxes for get-hit anim is extremely bad. They are supposed to make senses, not being sprite-accurated. It's nigh impossible to combo Spiderman.
- A lot of anim suffers from the same problems.
- LV3 Super Pause Port is extremely hard to see.
- AI is questionable (https://twitter.com/IlluTraveller/status/1185836785609297920)

Nope, he is bad. You might consider to actually recode the whole thing.
Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 12:12:34 pm by Mr. Giang
#3  October 20, 2019, 01:10:47 pm
  • the Suicidal Bastard
    • Philippines
It's ok, I will show a vid for you :}

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36aqG_dsdH4[/youtube]

Also, look at Spiderman intro.

- Cannot be run in 1.0.
- No corner push on many normals.
- Not sure if giving Spiderman auto combo or 1000-power Bursts is a good thing but you do you.
- Extremely low hitpause on hit. In MvC3, a light punch's hitpause (which has least hitpause) lasts 8f but Spiderman has like 3f at least and 7f at most.
- A ton of normals being air-unblockable for no reason.
- Seeing 2-frame jab makes me losing faith that you actually did study on Spiderman in all MvC games.
- Crawler Assault is -2 on block? I don't remember any MvC where it is so safe on block.
- Why on Earth Web Swing and Spider Sting are overheads? This is like giving Ryu's Tatsu and Shoryuken overhead attribute. And no, no MvC game does that.
- No damage scaling at all. Every hit deals full damage.
- Throw can't be teched, leading ez throw spam.
- Hurtboxes for get-hit anim is extremely bad. They are supposed to make senses, not being sprite-accurated. It's nigh impossible to combo Spiderman.
- A lot of anim suffers from the same problems.
- LV3 Super Pause Port is extremely hard to see.
- AI is questionable (https://twitter.com/IlluTraveller/status/1185836785609297920)

Nope, he is bad. You might consider to actually recode the whole thing.

well that's fucked up, yet i'm still a beginner. i might do something to make this all better. thanks for that one hell of a feedback though.
Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 01:40:24 pm by Mushypepito123
#4  October 20, 2019, 04:16:47 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
It's okay dude, if you need help just ask for it. As long as people can get really good feedback, they can get the means to fix their MUGEN projects.
#5  October 22, 2019, 10:17:42 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
Yo bro not bad. Trust me I thought it was harsh at first when I first released my 1st char (Bardock), but actually it's the testers are simply pointing out the problems that the chars have. That's it man. Just take it as constructive criticism. They're just trying to help you create a well balanced character bro. But keep at it man and you'll get better. There will be some who just simply won't like what you make too and that's alright. Not everything you make is supposed to be liked by everyone because at the end of the day it's what you want to make... I've been editing and playing MUGEN for 16 years man so trust me I know how it goes. Lol look at me for an example... I've waited this many years to finally start working on chars on my own. So I'm just like you as far as starting out. The only reason I'm able to make the chars I've made so far is because I've been around long enough to know what to do and figure out what I want to do bro. But anyways man I'm just here to give some words of encouragement  :nuttrox:
#6  October 23, 2019, 06:52:09 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
    • Philippines
so this recoding isn't bad, because i was learning from some tutorials and coding of other Spidey chars. (REDHOT's) and here's the output of me fighting against my recoded Spidey (AI)

Yo bro not bad. Trust me I thought it was harsh at first when I first released my 1st char (Bardock), but actually it's the testers are simply pointing out the problems that the chars have. That's it man. Just take it as constructive criticism. They're just trying to help you create a well balanced character bro. But keep at it man and you'll get better. There will be some who just simply won't like what you make too and that's alright. Not everything you make is supposed to be liked by everyone because at the end of the day it's what you want to make... I've been editing and playing MUGEN for 16 years man so trust me I know how it goes. Lol look at me for an example... I've waited this many years to finally start working on chars on my own. So I'm just like you as far as starting out. The only reason I'm able to make the chars I've made so far is because I've been around long enough to know what to do and figure out what I want to do bro. But anyways man I'm just here to give some words of encouragement  :nuttrox:

It's okay dude, if you need help just ask for it. As long as people can get really good feedback, they can get the means to fix their MUGEN projects.

thanks, because i'm basically recoding everything using RedHot's Spidey as a base (i meant the specials and supers) and even altering the AI. most importantly. the gameplay, but hey. Mr. Giang's a good feedback guy, he really is.
Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 06:56:16 am by Mushypepito123
Re: Kong's Spider-Man (RECODED Update)
#7  October 24, 2019, 09:14:41 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
    • Philippines
Sorry for Double Posting but here's the Recoded Version:

it's Still Version 1, just expect some Updates overtime. here's the changelog:

planning to implement:

Download Link in the first post. enjoy folks.

next stop... VENOM
Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 09:48:59 am by Mushypepito123
Re: Kong's Spider-Man (RECODED UPDATE)
#8  October 24, 2019, 10:06:59 pm
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com

Alright, feedback on the updated version...so...

-All normals with the exception of standing MP,HK and crouching HK are infinites
-Why are his standing punches overheads again?
-Why he has a "burst" that uses meter that deals 250 damage and he can also combo into? Which leads to...
-Why he recovers meter when low on health? It makes abusing his burst easier.
#9  October 25, 2019, 05:15:26 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
#10  October 25, 2019, 05:22:40 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
    • Philippines
Update:
1. added power charging and Spider-Cannon move.
2. Misc. Tweaks. (mostly the burst move and the meter recovery)

3. normals are supposed to be infinites, i guess i forgot about the MP,HK and the crouching HK.
You wut m8?
Is this a joke, cause it ain't funny.

i ain't kidding. if you don't want infinites then you must've been wasting your time coming into this thread. you're pretty much disrespecting somebody like me.
Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 05:40:10 am by Mushypepito123
#11  October 25, 2019, 06:08:10 am
    • Puerto Rico
So basically, you want to win by mashing buttons mindlessly.

Gotcha.

I will be over here laughing at how dumb this is.
#12  October 25, 2019, 06:19:08 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
    • Philippines

Gotcha.

looks like there's another update coming, thanks to you asshole.. i won't even doing stupid chars either, you sick ass bully.
#13  October 25, 2019, 06:31:23 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
lol, don't start acting childish because someone pointed out your character has infinites

He's not bullying you, considering the presence of infinite combos is almost universally seen as a design flaw in fighting games and you're acting hostile when people are confused why you would include them.
#14  October 25, 2019, 06:34:08 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

Gotcha.

looks like there's another update coming, thanks to you asshole.. i won't even doing stupid chars either, you sick ass bully.

He is not bullying you, he is trying to warn you that infinites should not be allowed in any circumstance in a fighting game. Also why did you remove your post again?
#15  October 25, 2019, 06:36:50 am
    • Puerto Rico
#16  October 25, 2019, 06:38:28 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
    • Philippines

Gotcha.

Gotcha.

He is not bullying you, he is trying to warn you that infinites should not be allowed in any circumstance in a fighting game. Also why did you remove your post again?

lol, don't start acting childish because someone pointed out your character has infinites

He's not bullying you, considering the presence of infinite combos is almost universally seen as a design flaw in fighting games and you're acting hostile when people are confused why you would include them.

then i'm glad that not all of the normal attacks are infinites.

And you my friend are very welcome.

are you really sure?
#17  October 25, 2019, 06:42:19 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
was there any point to just mass quoting and then not actually responding to anything, much less the actual criticism? don't needlessly bump your own topic.

and saying "im glad not all the normal moves are infinites" 1) contradicts your earlier statement about making everything infinite and 2) is not really an excuse
#18  October 25, 2019, 06:52:25 am
    • Puerto Rico
If his profile is to be believed, he's 14. I am not expecting anything.
Re: Kong's Spider-Man (RECODED UPDATE 10/27/2019)
#19  October 27, 2019, 05:54:50 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
    • Philippines
Update:
1. added web shooting
2. added a readme about the AI. you can copy the code there and paste it below the state -3 varset, as stated here:
[State -3]
type = varset
trigger1 = AIlevel > 0
var(50) = 1

Note: this is the only update i do to spidey for now, i still had "Venom" and "Sonic.EXE" to develop before i can finally get back into this char.
Re: Kong's Spider-Man (RECODED UPDATE 10/27/2019)
#20  November 03, 2019, 02:35:09 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Here some advice for you Mushy.

First of all, happy birthday!

Second, i don't think working on Kong's stuff is a good idea at all. Their MvC characters are just THE WORST i've ever played.

Third, listen to the goddamn feedbacks man! They won't do this to hurt you or something but for you to improve your skills. Giang, DF and some others won't tried nothing with you man cause i know them very well. They just want to help you for God's sake!

Fourth, i'm sorry for all the shit is happend in your life and for your depression but please, JUST PLEASE! Don't use your personal problems and even your age against the others here cause will not work. And don't tell me that i know nothing cause i had this shit called depression before. So take your behaviour for yourself and get some help. I personally so fucking sick and tired to see so much behaviour in MUGEN just because the way people did feedbacks.

If you think that we're "nice, +1!" type of dudes here, forget it. Listen to the feedbacks to improve yourself and get some help about your personal problems.