Tekken 7 Intro (Read 2872 times)

Started by kaede_monthmore, November 16, 2019, 03:41:01 pm
Share this topic:
Tekken 7 Intro
#1  November 16, 2019, 03:41:01 pm
  • Random guy in shadows.
    • Brazil
    • https://kaedemugencreations.blogspot.com
This is my heaviest work for now, because i need recreate various images to make them 256 colors and put darkest pallete color as alpha.

Other thing who took much time is resolution. MUGEN don't process files with 2.048 MB(2GB) and images in 1280x720 uses 2.7GB. My solution is use half res(640x360) to compress for a minor file(435 MB). Personally, i can't repair so much in my compression playing in 1600x900.

You can download it in my personal site here.
Re: Tekken 7 Intro
#2  November 16, 2019, 04:46:08 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
A 435mb file is not very attractive to be honest. It is really heavy. I've made some with just over 200mb and already think it's too heavy. In addition the intro has problem with poor transparency. You can see black squares throughout the video.
Perhaps it would have been better if you used a 320x180 (or 320x200) resolution with png and sffv2 for MUGEN 1.1.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#3  November 16, 2019, 05:11:26 pm
  • Random guy in shadows.
    • Brazil
    • https://kaedemugencreations.blogspot.com
A 435mb file is not very attractive to be honest. It is really heavy. I've made some with just over 200mb and already think it's too heavy. In addition the intro has problem with poor transparency. You can see black squares throughout the video.
Perhaps it would have been better if you used a 320x180 (or 320x200) resolution with png and sffv2 for MUGEN 1.1.

About transparency:
I can't made an good compression in 640x360 256 colors w/o losing some colors. GIMP doesn't help me and Fighter Factory crashes when i try solve this inside it. Put in 320x180 only meke things worse, because scenes don't renderize very well and TEKKEN 7 doesn't accept this resolution(yeah, 640x360 is minimum resolution alowed). If i can start TEKKEN 7 in this res, i can reduce even more.
-"Why you don't convert using external program?"
Are you mad? Treat 3000 images is a pain for me, imagine convert and add palete to every single frame.

About sffv2:
Renember about MUGEN don't like compress images? For some reason, if uses 24 bit color, MUGEN simply closes, without error mesage or something. But i make progress about this: converting png images to bmp make some graphics be acceptable. Probably this will be a way for solve my problem ahead and compress even more this intro.

Actual goal: reduce file size to 60MB, actual minimum size for all files (dff+mp3+png images) w/o compression.
Thanks for reply!
#4  November 16, 2019, 05:26:12 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Yes, applying the palette to each image is insane work. That's why I did it once or twice. But it's still the only way to get a decent result. I use Infarview for batch frame conversion, it has good options. It is simply a great program.
Anyway, good luck with the project.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#5  November 17, 2019, 06:47:35 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Yeah there are a few black sparks, but it's usable.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#6  November 17, 2019, 07:24:37 pm
  • Ive taken my skills beyond mugen
    • USA
    • Skype - bushinryu Master
very good work on this tho
HIDDEN BOSS