YesNoOk

Everything Anime and Manga Thread (Read 2411375 times)

Started by ( ゚ o゚) It's Urza!, August 27, 2007, 02:30:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: Everything Anime and Manga Thread
#12321  October 18, 2019, 09:21:32 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
I watched Lord El-Melloi II and was happy that we were finally getting some sweet expanded TYPE-MOON-verse shenanigans.

It started fine, but it quickly lost me. It was supposed to be a mystery show but every solution wasn't one of the pre-established alternatives but rather a completely random 3rd party that had not been hinted at before followed by some convoluted explanation on magic that only makes sense to the people of that universe but not the viewer and we are expected to understand what the fuck is going on.

On top of that, we get yet another Saber-clone and aside from previously established characters we also get some dollar-bin-light-novel-side-characters. And one of them is the most annoying TYPE-MOON fuck ever, and of course, he is voiced by fucking Kirito on crack!!

In short, it was meh, and most of the time I wasn't sure what the hell was going on and the last arc only depressed me since we'll probably never get the Tsukihime remake.

You're biggest mistake was thinking it was a mystery detective show. It's going to be more evident if you read the next chapters of the manga or whenever they adapt them into an anime if they will. The manga goes full on shonen since it mainly involves tracking down Dr. Heartless.

Waver says it himself in the show, it's impossible to solve cases conventionally when magic is involved. Magic doesn't follow basic logic and laws and mages don't follow normal human moralities. In this case the who's and how's are almost impossible to get because a wizard literally did it. This is why Waver focuses entirely on the whydunnit (a term they keep mentioning) which is finding the motive and how it influences everything. In other words, as typical of mystery shows, the audience will never be clued in on anything that can make them solve it on their own.

The show itself first and foremost was made to not only be about Waver's life after Zero but to expand on the Clocktower and mage lore of the Nasuverse. Stuff from Tsukihime and Kara no Kyoukai are even referenced (like the Touku travel and Forest of Einnashe) and a character from KnK actually shows up later in the manga.

Also it's fanservice for Nasuverse fans in general considering how many Nasuverse characters show up. One of the most notable being how the cast of Apocrypha would have been like in the main timeline. Nasu actually considers Case Files canonical to F/SN unlike other works (even Zero is still debatable). The show also sets up and foreshadows stuff for future F/GO events concerning Marisbilly.
#12322  November 07, 2019, 06:44:02 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
all this time i always wanted a story about the mages in the nasuverse that doens't focus on the servants. and now i know why they never gave us one until now... because it's BORING AF!

magecraft in the raildex universe is much more interesting. too bad they have to over-explaing every single aspect for 10 pages.

and i'm on a hurry but i'll mention that the tsukihime remake is finally on beta testing stage! (go find a link yourselves). after 11 FREAKING YEARS! it took shiki only 7 years to return to the thono mansion.

well, now that it has reached beta testing it should come out pretty fast. just like everything type-moon related!

did you know, that "Tsukihime Forever" took 12 years to make?
#12323  November 08, 2019, 05:34:33 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
all this time i always wanted a story about the mages in the nasuverse that doens't focus on the servants. and now i know why they never gave us one until now... because it's BORING AF!

Not enough mages for you in kara no kyoukai ?
What's your favorite anime?
#12324  November 13, 2019, 05:53:45 pm
  • Ace of Aces
    • USA
It doesn't necessarily have to be a series but I just want to know about you guys a bit more, okay?

Anyways, my #1 favorite anime currently has to be Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (except for ViVid and Force, ViVid was a disgrace and from what I've heard of the Force manga, its worse). My favorite season has to be StrikerS (the 3rd one) and my favorite movie has to be Detonation (the 4th movie).
#12325  November 13, 2019, 10:47:08 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Madoka would be my first one, when they cry and gantz are seconds, if only because their animes are far for perfect adaptations, while madoka is very well directed, though I prefer their mangas to madoka. Mushoku tensei is also up there but the anime is not even out yet; it will most liekyl be a bit rushed to I don't think it risks overtaking madoka.

oh and nanoha is up there for me too, after all it has this: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HasTwoMommies
Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 10:50:42 pm by Bastard Mami
#12326  November 13, 2019, 11:43:21 pm
  • Examu Advocate
    • USA
Probably Ashita no Joe for me, with Yozakura Quartet (the Tatsunoko adaptations) and Fafner in the Azure being close behind. I still have to watch Fafner Exodus though.
#12327  November 17, 2019, 09:58:17 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Megarobokuso season 2

Pretty disappointing how they made Joe just Jesus with boxing gloves.
#12328  November 18, 2019, 05:53:47 am
Gill just announced for SFV and getting his own anime in 2020, how nice. All joking aside, I was never expecting this happen so it's good news.
#12329  November 20, 2019, 11:56:21 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
random stream of toughts.

somehow I was/am very happy to learn that there is a "route" where sakura edelfelt exists, where sakura rather than being viven to the matous is given to the edelfelts, I don't remember if it's fgo's route or strange fake's or which, but I read is a posibility.

I watched the nanoha movies recently, I tought they were original, but they are mostly based on the games BoA and GoD.

And mushoku tensei trailer, nv,m, I posted it last page. I have been reading the extra stories and the love story between the sword people is just so good. the writer really shines while writing family/character relationships.

#12330  November 21, 2019, 03:53:20 pm
if you think about it why didn't tokiomi just gave her to the edelfelt , they are rich and better known mages and they are some what the branch family of edelfeilt  than the dwendling matous plus dud any of the matous go to the academy? seems like they are self thought and most of the present matou who were living at that time seems pathetic.
#12331  November 21, 2019, 06:04:48 pm
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net
somehow I was/am very happy to learn that there is a "route" where sakura edelfelt exists, where sakura rather than being viven to the matous is given to the edelfelts, I don't remember if it's fgo's route or strange fake's or which, but I read is a posibility.

I think it was during the Fate/Apocrypha timeline where it was stated that Sakura was adopted by the Edelfelts instead where she grew up and became a professional wrestler.

...no I'm not joking.

if you think about it why didn't tokiomi just gave her to the edelfelt , they are rich and better known mages and they are some what the branch family of edelfeilt  than the dwendling matous plus dud any of the matous go to the academy? seems like they are self thought and most of the present matou who were living at that time seems pathetic.

He gave up Sakura so there wouldn't be any competition between his daughters in regards to being the next heir of the Tokiomi household when it came to their magecraft. So with that in mind I'm pretty sure he didn't hand over Sakura to the Edelfelts for the very same reason since they already had an heir (Luvia).

The only reason Sakura didn't end up being adopted by the Matous in the Apocrypha timeline was because they were already wiped out during the 3rd Holy Grail War by Darnic.

#12332  November 21, 2019, 07:52:42 pm
i mean they still suck though , their family is basically going to be extinct since they've got no magic circuits and with no magic circuits it's pretty much pointless to give her to them, and giving her to the matous means rin and sakura would eventually fight or their descendants. however i look at it there's no long term success in tokiomi's plan.

hell if i were tokiomi i would've just give sakura to the kirei's father to be raised as future overseer , and the church would probably agree to it since they're in good terms with the tohsakas.
#12333  November 21, 2019, 07:55:54 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#12334  December 02, 2019, 05:22:04 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I read the redundancy chapters of mushoku tensei this weekend.

I love it when something is so emotionally taxing, I had not read somethign like that since the last two answer arcs of umineko; it was the deleted arc that was like that. It shows us the ugly side of some of the nice characters, particularly putting rudeus "in the shoes" of his grandmother and having Aisha do something dumb. that and chris arc were a nice way to close the series.
#12335  December 16, 2019, 03:08:58 am
I haven't been watching much of the seasons offerings, but managed to see some movies in and out of theaters.

Promare: It was Trigger project through and through. Zany character designs and frantic action choreography. Plot trajectory is a bit predictable, albeit it really not that big of a deal in something like this anyway. Had a fun time watching it. If there was any minuses it's that the CG wasn't up to par and there's a whole lot of it. This bothered me because of the Xflag BBQ's involvement who were in charge of doing Monster Strike the Animation anime series; they're probably the studio who the closest to getting the CG anime look and feel down, yet I think Trigger had much more influence on this.

Konosuba: The movie is basically an entire arc and a continuation of the show. Everything that makes the show great is present: lecherous humor, great comedic timing and wonderful cast synergy. Essential viewing for fans of the TV series.

Saga of Tanya the Evil Movie: It's an okay movie and follows all of the plot points established in the TV series: nazi loli overachieves, gets screwed over anyway. If you want a good drinking game, take swig every time Tanya says "commie". Also did they really have to name the Mary Sue character Mary Sue?

Not a movie, but Chihaiyafuru is still the best sports anime ever. I don't care what you say. Card slapping is a damn sport.
#12336  December 16, 2019, 04:36:41 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I haven't been watching much of the seasons offerings, but managed to see some movies in and out of theaters.

Promare: It was Trigger project through and through. Zany character designs and frantic action choreography. Plot trajectory is a bit predictable, albeit it really not that big of a deal in something like this anyway. Had a fun time watching it. If there was any minuses it's that the CG wasn't up to par and there's a whole lot of it. This bothered me because of the Xflag BBQ's involvement who were in charge of doing Monster Strike the Animation anime series; they're probably the studio who the closest to getting the CG anime look and feel down, yet I think Trigger had much more influence on this.

Konosuba: The movie is basically an entire arc and a continuation of the show. Everything that makes the show great is present: lecherous humor, great comedic timing and wonderful cast synergy. Essential viewing for fans of the TV series.

Saga of Tanya the Evil Movie: It's an okay movie and follows all of the plot points established in the TV series: nazi loli overachieves, gets screwed over anyway. If you want a good drinking game, take swig every time Tanya says "commie". Also did they really have to name the Mary Sue character Mary Sue?

Not a movie, but Chihaiyafuru is still the best sports anime ever. I don't care what you say. Card slapping is a damn sport.

Oh, there is a camrip for promare out already; cool.

Tanya's movie was enjoyable, but i felt it lacked something, I can't put my finger on what, tho.

The konosuba movie was great , I watched it yesterday, I really enjoyed the manga about megumin's village/early adventures so the movie was a treat.

And damn, winter 2020 kidna sucks, it's pretty sad that the best shows are oging to be railgun with the diahaialai and mobile madoka; I might even end up watching Shield Art Online... and murenase shiton gakuen since it's one of the few shows that are not nsfw/h that has a futa, tho I don't even know if it will make it to the futa arc. I really hope there will be a sleeper hit.

#12337  December 16, 2019, 06:21:44 pm
Dr. Stone confirmed a season 2 but is there a date yet ? With such a late confirmation, I assume there will be a gap before the next season ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#12338  December 16, 2019, 06:50:46 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I assume they're going to release yearly, similar to MHA
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#12339  December 16, 2019, 06:56:56 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Yeah, no date has been confirmed.

I think it's streaming what makes this new way of relreasing shounen series preferable to the old , long series method.

The only way for such a late announcement to not skip time is if it came long with the date.
#12340  December 21, 2019, 05:52:26 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
I don't mind the art style. But it definitely doesn't feel like any of the Yugioh series. With how everything got complicated with so many summoning methods I feel like they've simplified things.

sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.