YesNoOk

Project: DragonBall Infinite Battle (Read 21685 times)

Started by BigFiji, December 02, 2019, 05:56:12 am
Share this topic:
Project: DragonBall Infinite Battle
#1  December 02, 2019, 05:56:12 am
  • FijiSama
    • USA
Hello!

My name is BigFiji. I've been a lurker on MFG for some years now, and finally decided to make an account this year.
This is an idea of mine that I've dreamed of making for the last three years, finally come to light.
Introducing: Dragon Ball Infinite Battle (Updated to Ver. Alpha 0.3.0 [Released 3/2/2022]

This project has been in development hell for years, and actively worked on for the last three months.
Characters,stages and screen packs were taken from many different sources (Including the talented CobraG6/Masulardi Mugen; Mikel888, TeamZ2 and others)(All credited in a dedicated credits file), and edited by yours truly.
All Menu's and UI were built using KamiloXNumetal's Story Mode Engine (popularized by EXPA Entertainment's Retro Battle X Series (another direct influence and inspiration for this game)).

Their are Mugen based games with story modes implemented into them (Shout outs to One Piece Fighting Adventure (Wenchu) and the previously mentioned Retro Battle X Series); but the ones that currently existed feel light on the story aspect.  So, after being introduced to the story mode engine made by KamiloXNumetal, i decided to try my hand at it.

This game is focused on delivering a great story mode experience. This is still MUGEN though, so things like balancing/competitive aspects/better sprite work/ etc will all be coming, just later in the pipeline.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************

FAQS
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Developers
I am the sole developer on this game.*
Progress will be slow but steady. I have a development plan in motion for the entire of the game (Found below) which will be expanded upon as time goes on. (Learned not to plan too far in advance, changes are bound to show up eventually.)

*Subject to change; anyone with ideas, contributions or suggestions feel free to reach out.
[Discord: alx1395#2388]

I'm not actively looking for partners/co-developers, but feedback/constructive criticism is always welcomed and appreciated. Anyone who contributes in anyway will be credited.

Goals:
This is my first official Mugen project, but it's as ambitious as they come. I plan to cover the majority of Dragon Ball Z and Super; From The Piccolo Jr. Saga all the way to the beginning of the Tournament of Power.

Short Term Goals
- Add interactivity to menus * Implemented as of Alpha II*
- Add Online Functionality (IKEMEN Port/ Parsec work around/ Other alternatives)
 *Implemented as of Alpha II*
- Finish all sagas up to end of DBZ * Implemented as of Alpha III*

Long Term Goals
- Continue to upgrade UI and Menus (Gradual task, will improve with every update)
- Properly balance existing characters (Gradual task, will improve with every update)
- Finish all Super Sagas up to Beginning of Tournament of Power (Will be DLC)
- Optional fights like Ninja Storm 3 (Hero/Easy fight - Legend/Difficult Fight)
- What If Sagas (WAYYYYYY Down the Line/DLC)
and much, much more...

Feature List (as of Alpha 0.1)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

New Features (as of Alpha 0.2)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Features (as of Alpha 0.3)
*Full Roster (Subject to change):

*Video*

Teaser Videos

Full Trailer for the Game:

Game Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/qy3y7z90s77h0/DBIB

Thanks to everyone that's helped out this far. Shout outs to the bros Kevo and Kmac for Pre - Alpha testing/Suggestions; thanks to my younger brother for humoring my never ending requests, shout out to everyone who inspired me to start this journey, and shout out to anyone who might be inspired by this. Lastly, shout out to the 11 year old inside me, who gets hyped every time i start the .exe for the game. I built this for him and all the Dragon Ball lovers like him.

Life permitting, I'll try to post regularly with updates and progress.

Until next time,

BigFiji

Winners are just losers who tried one more time

Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 08:19:51 pm by BigFiji
Re: Project: DragonBall Infinite Battle
#2  December 02, 2019, 10:10:49 am
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
Please change those MK sounds.. It just does not fit at all with a DBZ screenpack. It made me stop the video tbh xD
Otherwise, you have a great goal here. I wish you good luck. Try to give same hitsparks to all of your characters and things like this to make it homogenous.
Thanks for sharing with us!
#3  December 03, 2019, 12:09:29 am
  • Why,
I have some hints... ask at PM if youre wanna... :( .
Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#4  December 03, 2019, 02:06:00 am
    • keroroseed00@hotmail.fr
I see more a compilation than a full game
try to have same hit spark for all characters , have same gameplay (mvc , cvs whatever but same gameplay for every character for your project)  same hyper background if you use this 
good luck  dood  ( ^__^)b
#5  December 03, 2019, 03:44:11 am
  • FijiSama
    • USA
Thanks guys! Wasn't expecting feedback so soon, thanks for the constructive responses. From what i'm gathering, character uniformity is a priority (Same hit sparks: noted) , so ill be sure to focus on that during the maintenance month for the next alpha release.  As for game play, some of the characters (I.e Tien, Super Buu) are 6 button characters by origin. To make them truly homogeneous i would have to re write them from scratch to fit the 3 button CobraG6 format, or remove them entirely.  This is certainly a possibility, but would happen much farther down the line. The temporary workaround system for this is explained within the game itself. ( Tips and Tricks Section). I've already tweaked most of the characters to play as uniformly as possible (Same Ki charge Button, removal of transformations, similar button layouts, etc.)

I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem like you guys spent any real time with the game. Please actually play the game before commenting if possible. If you did play the game, thank you; i'll be working hard  (when i'm not in class lol) to implement the features mentioned to me.

#6  December 03, 2019, 05:53:48 pm
  • Why,
try to have same hit spark for all characters , have same gameplay (mvc , cvs whatever but same gameplay for every character for your project)  same hyper background if you use this 
It seens at youre go only in that Mugen think without read any  other files:( . That is just for different gameplay :(

Thanks guys! Wasn't expecting feedback so soon, thanks for the constructive responses. From what i'm gathering, character uniformity is a priority (Same hit sparks: noted) , so ill be sure to focus on that during the maintenance month for the next alpha release.  As for game play, some of the characters (I.e Tien, Super Buu) are 6 button characters by origin. To make them truly homogeneous i would have to re write them from scratch to fit the 3 button CobraG6 format, or remove them entirely.  This is certainly a possibility, but would happen much farther down the line. The temporary workaround system for this is explained within the game itself. ( Tips and Tricks Section). I've already tweaked most of the characters to play as uniformly as possible (Same Ki charge Button, removal of transformations, similar button layouts, etc.)
 I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem like you guys spent any real time with the game. Please actually play the game before commenting if possible. If you did play the game, thank you; i'll be working hard  (when i'm not in class lol) to implement the features mentioned to me.
I was, and i am terriple dissapointed... these stories/Sagas are nice idea... but :( ...
Youre be a sure that all PERSONS are found...
I have feelings at bad about at youre not get all...
And this good idea at drop with just one think :( ...

#7  December 04, 2019, 04:25:12 am
  • FijiSama
    • USA
It seens at youre go only in that Mugen think without read any  other files:( . That is just for different gameplay :(

I was, and i am terriple dissapointed... these stories/Sagas are nice idea... but :( ...

I already have all the characters mentioned in the full roster ready to be implemented/tweaked as necessary. Actually, most of them are in the Chars folder in the first alpha release, just unused. I'm not entirely sure if that's what you concern was, but if so, don't worry, everyone that was promised will be in the game  :thumbsup:

and again, thank you for playing, and for the CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 10:34:32 am by BigFiji
#8  December 04, 2019, 08:44:24 am
  • Why,

I already have all the characters mentioned in the full roster ready to be implemented/tweaked as necessary. Actually, most of them are in the Chars folder in the first alpha release, just unused. I'm not entirely sure if that's what you concern was, but if so, don't worry, everyone that was promised will be in the game  :thumbsup:

and again, thank you playing, and for the CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.
Game self not found one Gohan at one point at almost end...
#9  December 07, 2019, 05:21:15 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Looks interesting.
But I cannot download correctly.
All the files have to be downloaded 1 by 1.

Can you upload it in a rar or zip file ?
Because MEGA want me to instal an App to allow me to DL in a zip.

I'll keep an eye on this.

BTW : someone have actually tested it? is it worth trying?
#10  December 07, 2019, 06:19:29 pm
  • FijiSama
    • USA
Looks interesting.
But I cannot download correctly.
All the files have to be downloaded 1 by 1.

Can you upload it in a rar or zip file ?
Because MEGA want me to instal an App to allow me to DL in a zip.

I'll keep an eye on this.

BTW : someone have actually tested it? is it worth trying?

Preciate' the interest. Have you tried highlighting the files folder and left clicking? That should allow you to download everything at once. If not, i'll be working on a hosting alternative in the coming weeks; its finals season (Last semester of university) so i don't have a lot of time to work on the game rn.

Also, if possible i recommend looking into using the mega downloader . Been using it for 4 years now, one of the best decisions i ever made.

and again, thank you playing, and for the CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.
Game self not found one Gohan at one point at almost end...

Kid Gohan, Teen Gohan [SS2], Adult Gohan and a Forth Unlockable Gohan ( Surprise  :pleased:) are all in the game. Kid Gohan is in Alpha I.

(Hint: You have to unlock the characters by playing the story mode. After unlocking them, they are available for use in Battle Mode.)

#11  December 11, 2019, 06:45:37 pm
  • Why,
Yeh yeah but...Story mode not found one Gohan... And i don´t know which select.def that story battle uses...
I think, youre making 0 get work because there is that like game much less memory take and so on... anyway it at bugs or two... if select eng...
And it seens at youre not allowed use these persons ... so...
#12  December 11, 2019, 09:26:13 pm
  • FijiSama
    • USA
Yeh yeah but...Story mode not found one Gohan... And i don´t know which select.def that story battle uses...
I think, youre making 0 get work because there is that like game much less memory take and so on... anyway it at bugs or two... if select eng...
And it seens at youre not allowed use these persons ... so...

Not to be rude, because i really do appreciate all feedback; but your not making sense.  I dont know what you mean by "Story mode not one gohan found". There are four Gohans in the game, one of which is playable as of the first release. You have to unlock him (and every character that isn't Goku) by playing through the story mode (Dragon History). (Super Hint: you don't get Gohan Until the Namek Saga.)

Also, this

"I think, youre making 0 get work because there is that like game much less memory take and so on... anyway it at bugs or two... if select eng..."

does not make grammatical sense. If English isn't your first language, i suggest using a translator.

Reference the In game Tips and Tricks Menu if your still having issues, or PM Me with your specific problem.

#13  July 18, 2020, 01:12:31 am
  • FijiSama
    • USA
Not sure about the rules on Bumping in MFG; Please go easy on me if im in the wrong lol.
Bumping due to new update release [Alpha II]

#14  March 03, 2022, 09:46:36 pm
  • FijiSama
    • USA
Bumping due to new update release [Alpha III]

#15  March 04, 2022, 09:01:55 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Bumping due to new update release [Alpha III]

I didn't tried your game yet.
But this time, the download method looks better. It's time for a test!

EDIT : Wait 17Gb...
Download cancelled. Not for me.
Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 01:22:17 pm by Momotaro
#16  March 04, 2022, 02:29:46 pm
  • FijiSama
    • USA
Sorry to hear it? Hopefully you find something else to play lol.

#17  March 04, 2022, 07:27:08 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#18  March 04, 2022, 09:25:51 pm
    • Spain
    • oscarstg1@gmail.com

I can't play the story mode.questions only come up.the only thing I can play is the tutorial.some idea???
#19  March 04, 2022, 09:34:44 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
That bigass download size is a bigass turn-away for a lot of people, I bet. One huge download link is fine but I think a piece-by-piece alternate link would also be good. It'd be easier for some people to download and put together if they have lower end computers that can't exactly handle a whole 17GB download.
#20  March 05, 2022, 08:53:31 pm
  • FijiSama
    • USA
Sorry to hear it? Hopefully you find something else to play lol.

Bro can you separate it into 7/8 pieces? I will be easier to download.

That bigass download size is a bigass turn-away for a lot of people, I bet. One huge download link is fine but I think a piece-by-piece alternate link would also be good. It'd be easier for some people to download and put together if they have lower end computers that can't exactly handle a whole 17GB download.

Firstly; Thank you both for the constructive criticism. It helps a great deal when people actually have something to say that isn't their own d*ckheaded/vapid opinion.

As far as the download size issue;
I will definitely work on having two download versions available. 
This is an issue ive been dealing with since Alpha I;
But I decided to focus on fully building out all of the content for the main section of the game before looking into ways to compress/chop up the file size.

For context; The lion's share (Read: 12/17 GB's) of the file size is just uncompressed MP4 video. The story mode (Dragon History) uses full cutscenes from the actual show.

I've been looking into ways to bring this down significantly (via compression or completely removing aforementioned cutscenes).
My main struggle has been finding an acceptable solution without compromising the integrity of the story mode.

I'll be updating the game with small bugfixes and other miscellaneous content that was left on the cutting room floor in the coming weeks
(Look out for a "Ver.3.1" file on the Mediafire page) but addressing the file size issue completely is something I plan to do with the next full Alpha Release (Alpha IV).

In the interim; I will 100% be working on chopping up the game so it can be more accessible for everyone.

Once again; Thank you to everyone who actually gave my game a shot. I do this for yall! lol