Started by OHMSBY, December 08, 2019, 05:08:08 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Yu Narukami v1.01
#21  December 09, 2019, 09:56:49 pm
  • GO GO DARK BARRIER!
    • USA
    • Skype - gamefreak202020
    • www.youtube.com/channel/UCYefk6BEg3rLhUjhCJ3x7ew
I've always had a suspicion that it may have been literally one person resetting their IP or abusing VPN to increase their vote count absurdly. This isn't the first time I've seen this happen either. Maybe having people post their votes in the thread is a more secure method since they're easier to judge.

In any case, I voted for Nanase.

I also agree with voting within the thread.
- lulz, NeoGeoPocketColor Adel.
~~~~
GF202020 a.k.a. gamefreak202020
#22  December 09, 2019, 10:01:10 pm
    • Brazil
I've always had a suspicion that it may have been literally one person resetting their IP or abusing VPN to increase their vote count absurdly. This isn't the first time I've seen this happen either. Maybe having people post their votes in the thread is a more secure method since they're easier to judge.

In any case, I voted for Nanase.

I also agree with voting within the thread.

I second that too.
#23  December 09, 2019, 10:17:14 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Agreed with that too. :)
Anyway, i voted for Yumi but i also wanted to see what OHMSBY can do with Hilda.
#24  December 09, 2019, 11:34:15 pm
    • Brazil
As much as I agree that the poll has been rigged, Yumi was winning with Blitztank going second before that happened, so I think it would be even more unfair to take both out of the poll. The best thing to do right now is close the poll and consider Yumi the winner, because she was the one winning before the problem showed itself, and in the next poll, add a captcha or just use the forum's own poll feature.
#25  December 09, 2019, 11:58:35 pm
  • GO GO DARK BARRIER!
    • USA
As much as I agree that the poll has been rigged, Yumi was winning with Blitztank going second before that happened, so I think it would be even more unfair to take both out of the poll. The best thing to do right now is close the poll and consider Yumi the winner, because she was the one winning before the problem showed itself, and in the next poll, add a captcha or just use the forum's own poll feature.

Giving Yumi the auto-win isn't fair because who's to say her 70+ lead to start with was legit? We should just start over.
~~~~
#26  December 10, 2019, 12:02:52 am
    • Brazil

Giving Yumi the auto-win isn't fair because who's to say her 70+ lead to start with was legit? We should just start over.
When I first checked, she wasn't so far in the lead, but she was still leading by a good ammount. I know its not fair, but I'd rather spare the guilty along with the innocent, she had a legit lead before, and the people who voted for her without cheating shouldn't be punished because of others' lack of honesty. We can cover this mistake in the next poll.
#27  December 10, 2019, 12:10:50 am
  • GO GO DARK BARRIER!
    • USA

When I first checked, she wasn't so far in the lead, but she was still leading by a good ammount. I know its not fair, but I'd rather spare the guilty along with the innocent, she had a legit lead before, and the people who voted for her without cheating shouldn't be punished because of others' lack of honesty. We can cover this mistake in the next poll.

If her win was legit, you have nothing to fear of a redo. We shouldn't just give her a auto-win.
~~~~
#28  December 10, 2019, 01:23:29 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
So I like the idea of using the poll option for the thread now that its something that I can actually do. The only problem with it is that it only allows for 5 options. Should I just put the top 5 in there and rotate through different sets of the current poll characters for each release thread?
#29  December 10, 2019, 01:25:38 am
  • GO GO DARK BARRIER!
    • USA
So I like the idea of using the poll option for the thread now that its something that I can actually do. The only problem with it is that it only allows for 5 options. Should I just put the top 5 in there and rotate through different sets of the current poll characters for each release thread?

That's a good idea
~~~~
#30  December 10, 2019, 01:52:35 am
    • USA
Alright then, its settled. From now on, I'll be using the Poll option for the thread. The current Poll characters are now split into sets that will rotate each release thread, starting with the previous top 5. So start voting again.
#31  December 10, 2019, 01:59:09 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
No Adler in the poll?? ok, voted for Akatsuki.
#32  December 10, 2019, 02:08:29 am
  • Some guy with nothing better to do in his life
  • Nothing should exist in MIDI
    • USA

Don't think...obey
#33  December 10, 2019, 02:27:15 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I guess whoever voted Yumi and Blitztank wanted them so badly as you're willing to make them already once their resources are ripped. I'm actually one of the poeple voted for Yumi as she'll have a conversion only a couple of weeks after 2.0 is out. But since your doing the poll option, I changed my mind for Akatsuki instead since I like to see him once he appeared in 2.0 and you'll bring him back.

Also, I found two minor things on Yu's update after testing a little longer (Which I never spotted previously):
-The normal shockwave's position when the opponent hits the ground during the air throw got slightly misaligned (The strong one is now the consistent position, but the normal one where they touch the ground is not).
-Yu can't summon Izanagi again right once he disappears (I noticed his hitbox is still there after his disappearance, which prevents him from appearing again. It's good thing you fixed the Izanagi duplicates, but this causes his cool down summon to be too long and makes Yu open for attacks).
-Yu doesn't die if the opponent hits Izanagi when he has barley any health left (Probably this may be intentional and I haven't tried this in the source game, but thought I ask for confirmation). (Confirmed by Darkflare.)
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 03:07:22 am by SolidZone 26
#34  December 10, 2019, 02:48:30 am
    • USA
Umm... where do I go to vote? The Poll isn't appearing for me.
#35  December 10, 2019, 02:49:07 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
-Yu doesn't die if the opponent hits Izanagi when he has barley any health left (Probably this may be intentional and I haven't tried this in the source game, but thought I ask for confirmation).
It was like that in BBTAG. You can't KO a P4A character through hitting their Persona.
#36  December 10, 2019, 03:05:43 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
It was like that in BBTAG. You can't KO a P4A character through hitting their Persona.
Gotcha, that's something I wasn't able to do using two controllers by myself or I'm not doing it fast enough as the Persona disappears too quickly when I start using the other controller. With that out of the way, that just makes two minor things.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Re: Yu Narukami v1.015
#37  December 10, 2019, 04:16:20 am
    • USA
Yu has gotten another quick update according to Solidzone's feedback. Go ahead and redownload him.

- Fixed an error where Izanagi wouldn't appear under certain conditions
- Fixed a misaligned shockwave after the opponent hit the ground from the air throw

that's something I wasn't able to do using two controllers by myself or I'm not doing it fast enough as the Persona disappears too quickly when I start using the other controller.

In Cross Tag's training mode, there is a record function that lets you take control of player 2 to record some inputs, then play those inputs back with a press of a button. Its way easier than switching back and forth between two controllers.

If the option to vote is not showing up above this thread, then you might need to make a certain amount of posts on this forum (10 I think) in order to participate. Looking at your profile, you have made 8, so that's 2 more to go.
#38  December 10, 2019, 04:34:07 am
    • USA
Yu has gotten another quick update according to Solidzone's feedback. Go ahead and redownload him.

- Fixed an error where Izanagi wouldn't appear under certain conditions
- Fixed a misaligned shockwave after the opponent hit the ground from the air throw

that's something I wasn't able to do using two controllers by myself or I'm not doing it fast enough as the Persona disappears too quickly when I start using the other controller.

In Cross Tag's training mode, there is a record function that lets you take control of player 2 to record some inputs, then play those inputs back with a press of a button. Its way easier than switching back and forth between two controllers.

If the option to vote is not showing up above this thread, then you might need to make a certain amount of posts on this forum (10 I think) in order to participate. Looking at your profile, you have made 8, so that's 2 more to go.

That's a weird rule, but who am I to argue with it?
#39  December 10, 2019, 07:52:30 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
voted for akatsuki cause hes my main.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#40  December 10, 2019, 03:06:09 pm
    • USA
Tits before tanks I guess... Damn It I wanted Jin to be in...