YesNoOk

Tekken 7: Fated Retribution (Read 751115 times)

Started by SNT, December 12, 2015, 09:27:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Tekken 7: Fated Retribution
#921  December 10, 2019, 12:23:03 am
  • Niigasan
of course, eddie/christie comes to mind immediately but this guy looks like a blatent ripoff of sagat, chest scars/tattoo included, just wou;dve prefered bruce anyway
#922  December 10, 2019, 12:44:00 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Also, a Tyrant from Umbrella :/.

Don't misunderstand me. I'd prefer Bruce over this guy, but his story(as Anna's) is SO tied to the Mishima Zaibatsu. Maybe that's what they tried to avoid(but keeping Anna for the ecchi fanbase and etc).

I in fact don't like the story mode. Nor the graphics(even they're SO awesome but everything looks like wet plastic). Music is totally off(where are the charisma from T2-T3-T5-T6?), they introduced weird characters(Gigas, Chloe)...but if they really wanted to close the Mishima arch, I think they should have kept the basic characters and just adding 3-5 newcomers to introduce a new arch. Then in the end we had this is not the REAL end of the arch because Kazuya and Jin are keeping their rivalry and etc. Making FOOLS out of Paul and Ganryu was a bad move.

OK, I'll shut up, just my opinion. But as everyyone has an asshole, everyone has an opinion too.

Whatever!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#923  December 10, 2019, 01:43:17 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
#924  December 10, 2019, 01:53:41 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
The irony is that I sprite the muscles the same way, as wet plastic.

I forgot to say, as they introduced SO many newcomers; why not bending them in the storyline? Only JoJofino is represented(Kazumi...well, she's more like a flashback than anything else, and only to "explain" who's the evil spirit under HonMaru(could she be the one who possessed Jinpachi?). They could have do something like SFV, but of course, Tekken 7 has SO many more characters, but avoiding those who we know their reasons(Miguel, Panda, Leo, etc), the story mode would be the PERFECT point to show their intentions, who they are, etc. It was a totally lost chance.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#925  December 10, 2019, 02:09:06 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Kazumi's inclusion into Tekken 7's story was to explain where Kazuya got his Devil powers from, it's been confirmed a while back that the Devil Gene and the evil force that possessed Jinpachi Mishima are two completely different entities.

As far as including the newcomers or other characters into the main storyline, the only ones that would make sense are the ones connected to the ideals of the main pieces of the story since it mainly focuses on the ever-strengthening conflict between the Mishima Bloodline, such like Claudio, an exorcist, working alongside Heihachi because he wants to kill [Devil] Kazuya and [Devil] Jin almost as much as Heihachi. I don't think including any of the other new characters would make sense in entwining them with the story of T7 due to how different and separated they all are from it, it wouldn't make much sense.
#926  December 10, 2019, 02:45:49 am
A lot of characters have been introduced showing how they were affected by the Mishima conflict, not how they affect the story. That alone sounds like they exist for their premise / archetype / foundation, however you want to call it, not for how they can pull their weight into the future. Miguel lost his sister in a bombing raid, so he fights. Steve is a test tube baby, so he fights. Leo remembers her mother, so she fights.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#927  December 13, 2019, 06:15:54 pm
i don't mind another kick boxer but his design is meh , reminds me of that yakuza guy from baki. he has a sick rage art though ,
#928  December 16, 2019, 04:30:06 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
well, it's tradition for muay thai fighters to have meh designs , the most intersting design has been ushiromiya eva.
#929  January 01, 2020, 06:06:21 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Time to go a little deeper with the newbies...

Leroy Smith: While everyone already knows about the gang war that took his family and his home 50 years ago, there's some more light shined on what went down during it and afterwards. During the gang war, he was shot in the eye (!) and presumed dead until a merchant ship saved him. He then went to Hong Kong to learn Wing Chun. 5 decades later, he is a master of the art and hears that the gangs behind the newly named Big Apple War are now in a weakened state... this is the time to strike. When he came back, he ripped the gangs apart and found a leader who spilled the beans: Turns out that the Mishima Zaibatsu were behind the war 50 years ago. With his trusty dog, he now seeks answers.

Fahkumram: In his youth, he was hailed as a soon-to-be champion until he got struck by lightning. Somehow, he survived it and became the country's youngest champion at 18. He was hailed as a hero, got married, even had a daughter... but the peace wouldn't last. A group of mysterious men approached him and threaten to throw the next fight. He responded by knocking them all out. He was nearly assassinated by them, but he would kill many of these guys in self-defense. He would find out all too late that these people were corrupted government officials. These crooked people arrested and imprisoned him and took his family hostage. He has spent the last 4 years in life or death battles in underground locations descending into cynicism and violent rage when the military gave him an offer he couldn't refuse: Enter the King of Iron Fist tournament. Win and you and your family will gain freedom. With no choice, he takes them up on their offer.
#930  January 02, 2020, 05:09:20 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
fuckyourmom's backstory is good, the being struck by lightning is completely unnecesary and made me laugh two times; first when it happened and second when it did not matter.
#931  January 02, 2020, 07:18:38 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Seadragon's summary leaves out that it's apparently the reason for his freak physique, as stated in his bio on the Tekken wikia.
#932  January 02, 2020, 07:41:56 pm
fuckyourmom's backstory is good, the being struck by lightning is completely unnecesary and made me laugh two times; first when it happened and second when it did not matter.

i assure you it'll be important in the future like it's from a mysterious deity or some shit like that.
#933  January 02, 2020, 08:29:01 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
It was Kolin's doing by accident.  See, the lightning bolt was made to grant life to Nash but for some reason the trajectory missed and the lightning hit Fahkum somehow increasing his abilties 10 fold.  The government officials are in fact part of The Secret Society and that is why they keep this guy on a leash until he is strong enough to dethrone Gill and take over the group.

Meanwhile I ponder as to what Jinpachi Mishima have against New York to approve the bloodshed 50 years ago.
#934  January 03, 2020, 03:55:27 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Seadragon's summary leaves out that it's apparently the reason for his freak physique, as stated in his bio on the Tekken wikia.

See, that I didn't know... thanks. That must of been some magical ass lightning for that to happen...
Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 04:01:00 pm by Seadragon77
#935  September 27, 2020, 03:53:01 am
    • Argentina
:O
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#936  September 27, 2020, 01:27:42 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
#937  September 27, 2020, 05:22:12 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Kunimitsu looks cool. :)

#938  September 27, 2020, 05:56:01 pm
  • Indeed

#939  September 27, 2020, 06:50:10 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Even though I still don't own this game, I'm surprised Namco support it even more longer.
This is fate.
#940  September 27, 2020, 07:18:16 pm
it's their best money maker. they'll probably going for the smash route just update the game to the point they hit a dead end.